Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Micheal Vick Sentence was RICOCKULOUS!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Micheal Vick Sentence was RICOCKULOUS!!!!  (Read 10111 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: December 12, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »

NFL Player Micheal Vick as many of u know, Got convicted of a Dog Fighting ring.

The other day he got sentenced to 23 months in Federal Prison and 5 years probation.

The guy has already lost a 100 million dollar contract, all of his endorsements and has been disgraced forever.

Throwing 23 months of prison time on top of all that is ludicrous and insane!!!!!!!!!

To think he got more time than most Child Molesters and more time than people who have killed HUMAN BEINGS.

What he did was horrible, but the guy has suffered enough with all he has lost and the tarnishing of his name.

Give the guy 6 months and 5 years probation and let dead dogs lie! *HAHA GOOD LINE*

I know most don't agree with me, but I think his sentence was a complete overreaction.

There have been people who kill other people in DUI accidents in sports and people cheer them when they come back and treat them like heroes and they support them.

But Vick, u would think he was selling and murdering children the way people reacted.

The guy fucked up and people should give him a 2nd chance and forgive him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »

It all came down to Vick's lack of respect for the court's mandates, made during his guilty plea.

AFTER that, he lied to federal investigators, failed a drug test, and failed to accept, really, any responsibility for his actions.  Basically, he ignored every mandate the court made of him when he plead guilty, for the period prior to sentencing.

In essense, he pissed off the judge...the one GUY who could make it easier on him.  If you do that, you're a fucking idiot and you deserve whatever book gets thrown at you.

You KNEW it was going to be bad when the judge denied his request to change into a suit, at sentencing, and made him stay in his striped prison jumpsuit.  That, and his family was denied direct access to him...something he was allowed all during the pre-trial and plea process.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »

To think he got more time than most Child Molesters and more time than people who have killed HUMAN BEINGS.

maybe the problem isn't that he got less time than molesters and murders but molesters and murders aren't getting enough time for their crimes...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »

NFL Player Micheal Vick as many of u know, Got convicted of a Dog Fighting ring.

The other day he got sentenced to 23 months in Federal Prison and 5 years probation.

The guy has already lost a 100 million dollar contract, all of his endorsements and has been disgraced forever.

Throwing 23 months of prison time on top of all that is ludicrous and insane!!!!!!!!!

What he did was horrible, but the guy has suffered enough with all he has lost and the tarnishing of his name.

Give the guy 6 months and 5 years probation and let dead dogs lie! *HAHA GOOD LINE*

I know most don't agree with me, but I think his sentence was a complete overreaction.

There have been people who kill other people in DUI accidents in sports and people cheer them when they come back and treat them like heroes and they support them.

But Vick, u would think he was selling and murdering children the way people reacted.

Boo hoo.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »

Well, if he is good, he should only serve half the time which should amount to about 11 months. I don't know if the sentence is mandatory with no time off for good behavior or not. but yes, he got all that because he pissed off the judge. I agree that most criminals don't get enough time and this sentence is kind of ridiculous but pissing off a judge is not a good thing when it comes to sentencing.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »

They had to give him slightly more time than the other 2 got in the case. 

It's probably extreme for this (even though I am an animal advocate). 

I think his loss of funds, status and endorsements have probably caused him enough suffering for a while even before he got sentenced.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »

The dude got what he deserved.

He agreed to comply with the authorities then didn't till he had too.  the test positive for Drugs after he said he would stop using didn't help either.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »

Boo hoo.

holy shit i think i agree with Booker on something.....serioulsy who gives a shit about Michael Vick?  he deserves EVERYTHING he got....why should we feel sorry for him?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:17:03 PM »

Seriously as far as douche bags go - Vick is their poster boy.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

It all came down to Vick's lack of respect for the court's mandates, made during his guilty plea.

AFTER that, he lied to federal investigators, failed a drug test, and failed to accept, really, any responsibility for his actions.?

that explains it all. he could have been out much earlier if he had just "played the game."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 06:08:48 PM »

maybe the problem isn't that he got less time than molesters and murders but molesters and murders aren't getting enough time for their crimes...

there's no "maybe" about it Butters.  Right on.  Vick, what an arrogant, stupid fuck.  He deserves every fucking minute of the sentence.  We still love ya D, we just disagree on this one.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

U guys arent thinking the way I am thinking though

Its like Clinton and lying about having oral sex with Monica Lewinksy

Sure he could've just admitted to it, but who the fuck would do that?

He may have gotten off had it not been for his "friends' rolling over and copping a deal as well as his attorneys may have made it very hard to prove he without a doubt was involved.

When u are famous, tons of endorsements and making millions and millions of dollars, U are not gonna just say "Ok I did it"

I am not saying what he did wasn't wrong. I think it was absolutely horrible what Vick did and sure he deserves most of everything thats happened to him.

Its just, I find it disturbing when more people are outraged over Vick killing some dogs over people molesting children and killing and doing other crazy things to human beings.

People will forgive a murderer before they will Vick and that's pretty fuckin twisted.

VIck messed up doing the dog fighting, but after the fights, he couldn't exactly make the dogs pets. So basically he had to kill them.

He should get SOME TIME but 2 years? that is simply overboard in my opinion.? Hell drug dealers get less than that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »

What he lost outside of the court of law is irrelevant in my book.

He deserves more than 23 months if you ask me.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »

What he lost outside of the court of law is irrelevant in my book.

True, but the effects of what he has lost monetarily will surely outlast the jail sentence, that was just the icing on the cake for me.

D-

He was made an example of for future cases really.  The media and those pushing animal rights agendas latched onto this being he is a celebrity so there was no way the courts could have not made an example of him as well by sentencing him to less time.  While you may not view it exactly as fair, it did bring to the forefront the issue of dogfighting.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 08:18:20 PM »

True, but the effects of what he has lost monetarily will surely outlast the jail sentence, that was just the icing on the cake for me.

Well, I meant it was irrelevant when contemplating his sentence. It's certainly not irrelevant to him, but to say that his punishment should have been less severe in court because he already lost X amount of money...I don't agree with that.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »

He should get SOME TIME but 2 years? that is simply overboard in my opinion.  Hell drug dealers get less than that.

Butters said it best:

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:12 PM »

Absolutely.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »

Its just, I find it disturbing when more people are outraged over Vick killing some dogs over people molesting children and killing and doing other crazy things to human beings.

You seem more outraged by people being outraged over Vick than you do about molesting children.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

I think he should be made into an example, bounce him from prison to prison. Remember, some drop the soap, others throw it between your legs.

They made an example of John Gotti - Hell, how many out there know he got his ass beat 9 days before he died. I only know this because my uncle was cell mates with Mr. Gotti.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

One word for Michael's shower time in the next 2 years...Re-COCK-ulous.   hihi

I don't get the Clinton reference.  Bill lied about a blow-job.  Why the hell was he even being asked about a blowjob under oath? 

Plus, the utter disrespect Vick showed in so many different ways toward the court, the judge, the process in general...what a fucking a-hole.  He repeatedly lied.  He tested positive for marijuana.  When does the nonsense stop? 

He'll never play in the NFL again...and if he does, he will be a marked man, not just by NFL players, but by fans.  There would be fan boycotts guaranteed.  Trust me. 

D, don't feel sorry for this son of a bitch.  He dug his own grave.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: