Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Dizzy/Jizzy Tour!!! Fuck YEAH!!! Another DIZZY official Myspace...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dizzy/Jizzy Tour!!! Fuck YEAH!!! Another DIZZY official Myspace...  (Read 11551 times)
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »

Anyway, if you don't enjoy them, don't go.

What - do you think?!? Really?

Sharp advice, there, Christos. Its appreciated. You should start your own problem page/agony aunt column. Thats some great shit you're coming out with.

Man, why is everyone so sensitive around here all of a sudden? I tell the guy to enjoy the show and I get the usual sarcastic crap.... Whats going on?

he wasnt being sensitive, you asked a question and he answered it in a calm and considered manner despite your clearly derogatory comments towards dizzy and his shows

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »

Kudos to Dizzy getting involved yet with another band/tour!  He's a brilliant musician who obviously loves to go on the road and play. 
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »

Kudos to Dizzy getting involved yet with another band/tour!? He's a brilliant musician who obviously loves to go on the road and play.?
What exactly makes him a "brilliant musician"? I mean yeah I guess he's added a cool piano part to Axl's songs here and there, but IMO that doesnt classify you as a brilliant musician. Again, listen to his horrible solo stuff on his myspace. Exhibit A: The Air
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »

Man, why is everyone so sensitive around here all of a sudden? I tell the guy to enjoy the show and I get the usual sarcastic crap.... Whats going on?

You have got to be fuckin shittin me...

I was the one being sarcastic?

Man - great title to this thread!

I thought you were being totally sarcastic though, ie: 'FUCK, YEAH!!! Its incredible!!! New picture of Dizzy's keyboard  on his Myspace page!!!!!'

Hmmmm.... if these little shows are your thing then I hope you enjoy them, can't say I see the appeal though.

Sharp advice, there, Christos. Its appreciated. You should start your own problem page/agony aunt column. Thats some great shit you're coming out with.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »

Kudos to Dizzy getting involved yet with another band/tour!  He's a brilliant musician who obviously loves to go on the road and play. 
What exactly makes him a "brilliant musician"? I mean yeah I guess he's added a cool piano part to Axl's songs here and there, but IMO that doesnt classify you as a brilliant musician. Again, listen to his horrible solo stuff on his myspace. Exhibit A: The Air

Excuse me but there are lots of people who actually love this song... I'm one of those...

The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it horrible.

With this logic, I could say that your taste is horrible if you don't like this song.

But I don't think like that, so I won't say it...

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »

What exactly makes him a brilliant musician you ask?  Cause he's been able to work with countless of other musicians over the past 15 years, mostly people you never heard of, but that doesn't change who he is. 
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

This whole site seems to be like this, like earlier in the thread handing out negative karma etc, the powers that be leaving threats on the table in order to keep you on track in the discussion. It seems petty but hey, I'll probably get a negative karma (or banned) for saying so. Hell, this message will probably get deleted.

As for the show, it's great that it's going on for those that are interested and get a chance to see it. It seems like a natural thing for die hard fans on a GNR message board to steer this towards, "How does it effect CD coming out" and I'm sure, from the threats made in this thread already, that I'll get negative karma for not limiting my discussion but whatever. It's a natural progression in a discussion; if we were sitting at a table talking the conversation would go down that path for sure so, get a hard on using your super powers if you must but my thoughts on how this effects CD:

I don't see how this changes anything at all. If you subscribe to the theory that CD has been handed in. CD may have contract negotiations or promotion strategy elements being worked on and during this down time if the others want to get in some solo stuff while they can, more power to them. They did just finish touring with GNR and you can bet when CD drops they'll be on that tour wagon again.  They probably need to take moments like these and use them to do their own thing while they can.

Anyway that's my thread. I addressed the previous post, the thread subject, and additional comments already brought up. I think this follows normal protocol for most internet boards but let me know if I broke any of your rules.

~sHiNe oN~
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »

Kudos to Dizzy getting involved yet with another band/tour!? He's a brilliant musician who obviously loves to go on the road and play.?

Excuse me but there are lots of people who actually love this song... I'm one of those...

The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it horrible.

With this logic, I could say that your taste is horrible if you don't like this song.

But I don't think like that, so I won't say it...

I guess I cant really argue with that. IMO it sucks, but you're right, my opinion doesnt make it horrible. 
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »

This whole site seems to be like this, like earlier in the thread handing out negative karma etc, the powers that be leaving threats on the table in order to keep you on track in the discussion. It seems petty but hey, I'll probably get a negative karma (or banned) for saying so. Hell, this message will probably get deleted.

As for the show, it's great that it's going on for those that are interested and get a chance to see it. It seems like a natural thing for die hard fans on a GNR message board to steer this towards, "How does it effect CD coming out" and I'm sure, from the threats made in this thread already, that I'll get negative karma for not limiting my discussion but whatever. It's a natural progression in a discussion; if we were sitting at a table talking the conversation would go down that path for sure so, get a hard on using your super powers if you must but my thoughts on how this effects CD:

I don't see how this changes anything at all. If you subscribe to the theory that CD has been handed in. CD may have contract negotiations or promotion strategy elements being worked on and during this down time if the others want to get in some solo stuff while they can, more power to them. They did just finish touring with GNR and you can bet when CD drops they'll be on that tour wagon again.  They probably need to take moments like these and use them to do their own thing while they can.

Anyway that's my thread. I addressed the previous post, the thread subject, and additional comments already brought up. I think this follows normal protocol for most internet boards but let me know if I broke any of your rules.

You're not banned yet and this message has not been deleted.

But you did get a negative karma.

This is not a place to talk about CD...

mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 01:59:17 AM »

You're not banned yet and this message has not been deleted.

But you did get a negative karma.

This is not a place to talk about CD...

Figures, that's why I don't usually bother posting on this forum. It's not geared for open discussion and it seems that people get banned left and right; Most end up over at mygnr or some other site where you're allowed to speak a little more openly. Seems to be a pretty well known problem at this point. I've been on the internet for about 14 years and have been on a LOT of boards. This is the only one in all that time I've ever gotten any kind of "Negative Karma"....wow.

~sHiNe oN~
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »

Figures, that's why I don't usually bother posting on this forum. It's not geared for open discussion and it seems that people get banned left and right; Most end up over at mygnr or some other site where you're allowed to speak a little more openly. Seems to be a pretty well known problem at this point. I've been on the internet for about 14 years and have been on a LOT of boards. This is the only one in all that time I've ever gotten any kind of "Negative Karma"....wow.

We'll get over it, and so will you...

If your next option for a board is mygnr, then no problem, go there and talk as much as you want about Chinese Democracy (something we've never talked about) in a solo Dizzy gigs thread...

Death Cube K
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »

Well, this board is so huge that they need some form of system. I run a board and I run it very loose but then again I don't have so many members. I let threads take their own life so to speak but it doesn't really work if you got as many members as they do here. T

The annoying repeaters of the same arguments with no constructive criticism should be dealt with and they do it quite nicely here. But when that's said, I find myself being a bit hesitant towards posting here of the same reasons as you. Smiley The mods use a harsh (and quite unnecessary) arrogant tone towards many of these idiots while they should be just ignored. Problem is, if a guy with some good points to his argument joins in, he's sometimes put into the same category as these idiots making the board very little open for any kind of discussion at all. Like Christos here, he could have just dealt with this little detail in quiet but with that attitude towards posters, you ask for a bit of a war.  People don't like being stepped on, no matter how stupid their arguments can be. Wink

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »

Well, this board is so huge that they need some form of system. I run a board and I run it very loose but then again I don't have so many members. I let threads take their own life so to speak but it doesn't really work if you got as many members as they do here. T

The annoying repeaters of the same arguments with no constructive criticism should be dealt with and they do it quite nicely here. But when that's said, I find myself being a bit hesitant towards posting here of the same reasons as you. Smiley The mods use a harsh (and quite unnecessary) arrogant tone towards many of these idiots while they should be just ignored. Problem is, if a guy with some good points to his argument joins in, he's sometimes put into the same category as these idiots making the board very little open for any kind of discussion at all. Like Christos here, he could have just dealt with this little detail in quiet but with that attitude towards posters, you ask for a bit of a war.  People don't like being stepped on, no matter how stupid their arguments can be. Wink

The problem is that we've seen it happening a million times before and our attitude makes no difference.

So, it's better to think of me as an asshole who doesn't treat people well (which is an opinion based on a few posts) but does his job than think of me as an asshole who is kind and noble but you won't hear a damn word I said...

P.S.: Happy new year...

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »

Problem is, if a guy with some good points to his argument joins in, he's sometimes put into the same category as these idiots making the board very little open for any kind of discussion at all.

I haven't witnessed anything like this yet, but then again I don't read all the threads, just the ones that interest me (like this one).

Could we have a "I want to whine about Jarmo and the mods" sub forum here somewhere? I think it'd be a great idea, all posts like this for example could be moved and discussed there. Unless it's too much trouble for the mods (too many posts to move, 24/7...), which I would totally understand.  Undecided
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

And yet HERE (Today ... Gone To Hell!) you are posting  Roll Eyes

Could we have a "I want to whine about Jarmo and the mods" sub forum here somewhere? I think it'd be a great idea, all posts like this for example could be moved and discussed there. Unless it's too much trouble for the mods (too many posts to move, 24/7...), which I would totally understand.  Undecided
They already do.  It's called the  Administrative, Feedback & Help  section.  yes

On Topic:  "The Dizzy/Jizzy Tour" is a cool name for a tour  headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Death Cube K
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2008, 12:33:09 AM »

And yet HERE (Today ... Gone To Hell!) you are posting

You know, he IS entitled to speak his mind in a politely way (as he did) without you being a smartass.  beer

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »

You know, he IS entitled to speak his mind in a politely way (as he did) without you being a smartass.? beer
You think I'm a smartass because I pointed out the irony of mcalldp's statement?

Someone posting why they supposedly don't post on this site reminds me of that Groucho Marx song from "Animal Crackers":

Hello, I must be going
I cannot stay
I came to say
I must be going
I'm glad I came
But just the same
I must be going... Ta-Ta!

And, FYI, in that reply, I also referred peoples to the correct section where such sentiments can be addressed by the admin and mods.

On Topic:? I still think "The Dizzy Jizzy Tour" is a cool tour name.? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »

besides, that someone doesn't bother posting is not exactly an opinion/their mind, is it?

On Topic:  I still think "The Dizzy Jizzy Tour" is a cool tour name.  ok

the D J tour.
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »

You know, he IS entitled to speak his mind in a politely way (as he did) without you being a smartass.  beer
You think I'm a smartass because I pointed out the irony of mcalldp's statement?

Actually, if you bothered reading my response or quoted my entire post you would have noticed the word, "Usually" meaning that I tend not to. It's not an exclusive statement that I never have or never will post here. I can give my opinion and I was polite about it, I don't see the problem. Hey, thanks a lot for letting me know where I am though, I appreciate it.

Oh yea, back on topic. As I said, this is good for those that are interested and can go. I hope someone here gets a chance and leaves a review with us. If it comes my way and is at the right place at the right time I might catch it but it's not something I would go out of my way for.

~sHiNe oN~
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »

any tour dates on this yet?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: