Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does anyone Think Axl Saw Led Zep live yesterday?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone Think Axl Saw Led Zep live yesterday?  (Read 12344 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »

Does anyone think Axl saw Led Zep' live yesterday?

Probably.

If anything, Axl was probably at the T O O L show yesterday.

(We know everything, huh?  rofl)
isa
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »

NO.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 07:58:42 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts now

maynard
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »

Led Zep will release new material before GNR, you read it here first!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »

could be... he's a fan, he's got free time and i bet he could get the tickets...

I don't really care about the Zep show. I'm sure it was terrible and overhyped. And unless he was working toward the release of CD, I don't care what Axl was up to yesterday.

Not trying to be negative towards you, just answering the question.

you shouldn't talk anymore.

Hey everybody... check it out... there's this thing called an opinion. I, like everyone else, have one. I like Led Zep alot. I do not care what every bandwagon review says. I watched the same YouTube footage you all did and was not impressed in the least.

Sorry if that breaks your heart. Sorry if you think I'm wrong. It's my opinion of what I've seen and heard.

And again... I could care less what Axl was doing yesterday unless it had to do with CD.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 08:21:54 PM »

could be... he's a fan, he's got free time and i bet he could get the tickets...

I don't really care about the Zep show. I'm sure it was terrible and overhyped. And unless he was working toward the release of CD, I don't care what Axl was up to yesterday.

Hey everybody... check it out... there's this thing called an opinion. I, like everyone else, have one. I like Led Zep alot. I do not care what every bandwagon review says. I watched the same YouTube footage you all did and was not impressed in the least.

Sorry if that breaks your heart. Sorry if you think I'm wrong. It's my opinion of what I've seen and heard.

And again... I could care less what Axl was doing yesterday unless it had to do with CD.
With all due respect, youtube clips are hardly a good barometer for measuring how good/bad a performance is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 08:26:32 PM »

Check my sig again
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »

With all due respect, youtube clips are hardly a good barometer for measuring how good/bad a performance is.

I can see that point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »

Actually, I think if you watch enough youtube clips they do represent a good barometer. I checked out scores of "Van Halen" ones to decide I wasn't going to lay down the money for that shit.

As far as Axl checking out Zep? I don't know. Think I might post a thread wondering aloud whether Axl read a book yesterday. Or drank a beer. Or listened to the radio. Does it make a difference?

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 10:36:44 PM »

I dunno. I don't think Axl is the type to try to steal any thunder by showing up. I think he knows since he has gained some mythical status over the past decade or so and his appearances are so few and far between a big deal is usually made whenever he goes anywhere.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »

I dunno. I don't think Axl is the type to try to steal any thunder by showing up. I think he knows since he has gained some mythical status over the past decade or so and his appearances are so few and far between a big deal is usually made whenever he goes anywhere.

I doubt Axl would steal any thunder from those guys  not on that night.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »

He probably was, everyone from Elvis' grandaughter to Mick Jagger to Pink and Oasis were there, wouldn't suprise me if he was.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

hahaah that's hilarious.

I don't think Axl was there though, someone would have reported it by now.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LanceLazer
Opening Act

Beers, Boobs n Rock & Roll!

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 11:50:50 PM »

It was an unnecessary opinion. You say you answered his question? How? By providing your opinion that Led Zep were overhyped? That has nothing to do with the thread matter, otherwise this wouldn't be in the Guns N Roses section. By saying you don't care what Axl was up to? That still doesn't answer the question, just shoots down the original intent of the thread unnecessarily.

Personally, I think it would be cool if Axl saw 'em, but I doubt it, otherwise it would have been reported by now.

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

...God have mercy on the man
Who doubts what he's sure of...
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 12:11:46 AM »

Who cares what Axl did yesterday?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:31 AM »

Jimmy played his ass off.  He is about 30 % of what he was back in his prime, but at this show he was a lot better than he had been.  I am happy for them.  Plant did a really fine job!   ok
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 06:03:09 AM »

It was an unnecessary opinion. You say you answered his question? How? By providing your opinion that Led Zep were overhyped? That has nothing to do with the thread matter, otherwise this wouldn't be in the Guns N Roses section. By saying you don't care what Axl was up to? That still doesn't answer the question, just shoots down the original intent of the thread unnecessarily.

Personally, I think it would be cool if Axl saw 'em, but I doubt it, otherwise it would have been reported by now.

Youtube videos are pretty bad quality when taken from a pretty average video camera/ from a pretty below average view point (nose bleed section)

Plants voice is still awsome, although he looked a little uncomfortable at first being on such a huge arena, but he quickly found his feet (judgin by the footage)
page was great as always, nice solo in stairway,

They are the biggest band in the world today
And I am making no understatement!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 06:09:34 AM »

I don't care, I don't even like Led Zeppelin and I don't see why anyone would wanna know if Axl was there.  Huh

At least not now that he's been touring, he's on Baz's album and everything. Somewhere between '96-99 it would have been "news" to us but not anymore (thank god!).  Wink
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 10:19:09 AM »

Who cares what Axl did yesterday?

That's the point I said originally as well, which as you can see from the post above is hard for people to understand.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »

So there were loads of celebrities there but us commoners had to compete for 20,000 tickets? Fuck that.

Actually, I think I'll become a celebrity when I'm older. I don't care how, but it looks good. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: