Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:23:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Shares What Music Inspired Him
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Shares What Music Inspired Him  (Read 2291 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 09, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »

Published: December 9, 2007 6:00 a.m.

Guitar heroes

Slash pulled some strings to share what music inspired him

Slash, the lead guitarist for Guns N? Roses and now Velvet Revolver, is one of rock?s pre-eminent guitarists, known for his work on such songs as ?Sweet Child O? Mine? and Velvet Revolver?s ?Slither.?

Slash, who was born Saul Hudson, has released a self-titled memoir that recounts his early days as an aspiring guitarist, the formation and breakup of Guns N? Roses and his life as a father. He says although he ?isn?t at all a schooled musician,? he has a ?reasonably good? ear for music, from listening to his guitar idols. Below, five albums that he says influenced his musical development.

?Sticky Fingers,? The Rolling Stones

This ?was one of three of my favorite Stones records that were around when I was really young,? Slash says. The others are ?Beggars Banquet? and ?Let It Bleed.? ?Sticky Fingers,? he says, ?had, all told, my favorite batch of songs,? including the hit ?Brown Sugar.?

?Rocks,? Aerosmith

The fourth album by Aerosmith, 1976?s ?Rocks,? with such songs as the hard-rocking ?Nobody?s Fault,? ?was the album that basically fueled my desire to pick up the guitar,? Slash says.

?Axis: Bold as Love,? Jimi Hendrix

The 1967 album included such essential Hendrix hits as ?Little Wing? and ?If 6 Was 9.? This album ?was my favorite of three of Jimi Hendrix?s studio albums,? Slash says, ?the one right after ?Are You Experienced.? Hendrix was a huge influence on me.?

?Led Zeppelin II,? Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin?s second album, released in 1969, was a No. 1 hit. ?I?m hard-pressed to say if it was the best Zeppelin record,? Slash says, ?but there are a lot of songs on this record I was really into when I started playing, and I learned that little lead section to ?Whole Lotta Love? early on.?

?Disraeli Gears,? Cream

The second album by the British blues-rock group made up of Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce spawned the seminal rock track ?Sunshine of Your Love.? ?It was a really important record for me growing up,? Slash says. ? ?Sunshine of Your Love? was probably the first solo I ever learned.?

? Wall Street Journal

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »

I've never listened to Disraeli Gears, but other than that, Slash is a man of fine taste. 

I think Rocks and Led Zeppelin II show the most in his playing. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:46:38 AM »

thank god, someone (slash lmao) agrees with me the coolest hendrix album is axis bold as love.

most people ignore that and vote either experience, or electric ladyland as best.

html sucks
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »

Where is UFO Strangers in the Night?  Listen to solo from Rock Bottom, that is so Slash.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »

Need to add one.... hihi

The must-have Tickets ... or maybe not

Dec 16, 2007 04:30 AM

Hannah Montana tickets are so expensive and scarce in the U.S. that a giveaway last week on a Las Vegas radio station ? awarding a pair to whoever got the biggest celebrity to call in ? fetched calls from Lee Majors, Velvet Revolver's Slash and Lindsay Lohan. Lohan won the tickets for her niece.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:03:12 PM »

jesus christ, hannah montana sucks balls!

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: