Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What if someone sued you, and won?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if someone sued you, and won?  (Read 4108 times)
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« on: December 07, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »

You ever wonder what you'd do if someone sued you over something trivial, and won a large sum of money? What would you do? Would you pay the appropriate amount? What if you had a family, and that was at risk?

It's something I think about. I've ran into several people who have been awarded ~$10-50,000 suits that were against various different companies.

This falls more or less into a Double Jeoprady type situation, but interesting none the less.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »

Well, i guess i would feel shitty, but that's life, isn't it ?

My father was neurotically frantically procedural.

I cannot remember a period without a court case.

I don't want to live like that, with visible or invisible ennemies.

In way, thank God i live in france, because you can't sue people for stupid reasons, you don't have a case unless it is serious.

Nothing to say
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 09:01:18 PM »

This is sick, just found this;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-nassar/helping-the-shanks-walm_b_74573.html
When Missouri Wal-Mart employee Deborah Shank was left brain damaged after a tragic collision with a semi-trailer truck seven years ago, her Wal-Mart health care plan paid her initial medical bills. As it became evident that Deborah would need a lifetime of professional care for her debilitating condition, her family resorted to drastic measures to cover expenses. The Shanks successfully sued the trucking company responsible for the accident, and created a special trust to pay for Deborah's future, ongoing medical expenses.

Any hope of financial security for Deborah's care was crushed, however, when Wal-Mart sued the Shank family for $470,000 - the amount it paid in medical expenses, plus the company's legal expenses and attorney's fees. The retailer's demands will completely drain the settlement money from Deborah's trust and force her to rely on public assistance for her medical and living expenses.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:17:20 PM »

Wal-Mart is notoriously bad and abusive to their employees.  What a horrible story, that poor woman.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »

wow.. that is so messed up.  I don't go to wal mart that often, but I will never step foot in one again.
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:41:37 AM »

Wal-Mart is notoriously bad and abusive to their employees.  What a horrible story, that poor woman.
My brother recently had problems with wal-mart as well...
Man, is Wal-mart some crock of shit...

:/
He tried suing, but didn't win... (my bro)

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 12:48:23 AM »

You ever wonder what you'd do if someone sued you over something trivial, and won a large sum of money? What would you do? Would you pay the appropriate amount? What if you had a family, and that was at risk?

It's something I think about. I've ran into several people who have been awarded ~$10-50,000 suits that were against various different companies.

This falls more or less into a Double Jeoprady type situation, but interesting none the less.

Probably file bankruptcy..... hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »

I'm about to file a lawsuit right now-this month. It's cost me a good chunk of change and I haven't even really gotten started yet. If I lose this case, I am contractually obligated to pay their lawyer fees, as well as mine. It's a lot to chew on.
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 02:25:39 AM »

I'm about to file a lawsuit right now-this month. It's cost me a good chunk of change and I haven't even really gotten started yet. If I lose this case, I am contractually obligated to pay their lawyer fees, as well as mine. It's a lot to chew on.

If they need a unbiased forum newb, count me in as a character witness.  smoking

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »

what if they stole your gf too  hihi

I'm bad.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »

You ever wonder what you'd do if someone sued you over something trivial, and won a large sum of money?
Let me guess, you live in America? hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 11:24:32 AM »

You ever wonder what you'd do if someone sued you over something trivial, and won a large sum of money?

yes

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 07:08:56 AM »

In Finland it's NEWS if someone who's killed the mother of his child in front of the child loses custody of him/her! I mean, isn't that obvious? And yet it's on every tabloid. We live in a different world I guess.

So you don't try to sue anyone here for trivial reasons because it just won't work. Criminals can get away with anything... Life sentence here means that you can get out in less than 20 years no matter how many people you've killed etc.

Just my opinion so don't sue me!  hihi
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 08:44:22 AM »

If someone sued me for some shitty reason, I would have them killed. Id want to get value for my money.  Cool

"to live with fortune and fame"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: