Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women  (Read 10392 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 05:49:26 AM »

don't care, santa doesn't r?present xmas in my eyes, Saint Nicolas does and in Italy, they celebrate a witch.

Santa is an american fiction, it has no pagan history to it, it is only marketing bullshit.
I can't be offended by an image.

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

Here in Europe, it can't be as Saint nicolas day is on the 6th of december and you get parades that day and kids chase him and get sweets.

Nothing to say
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 06:26:03 AM »

Here in Holland it's on the 5th, so he can have some rest on his birthday...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 07:01:22 AM »

don't care, santa doesn't r?present xmas in my eyes, Saint Nicolas does and in Italy, they celebrate a witch.

Santa is an american fiction, it has no pagan history to it, it is only marketing bullshit.

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same. 

Here in Europe, it can't be as Saint nicolas day is on the 6th of december and you get parades that day and kids chase him and get sweets.

In America, Saint Nicholas and Santa Claus are one and the same.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same.?

In America, Saint Nicholas and Santa Claus are one and the same.

Hence the tune:

http://www.links2love.com/christmas-songs-little-saint-nick.htm

Wink
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »

Here in Europe, it can't be as Saint nicolas day is on the 6th of december

Unless you think he's some kind of mythical superbeing with a flying reindeer powered sleigh and the ability to deliver presents down chimneys worldwide on one night, it's pretty reasonable that he does Europe and America on different days.....especially with US immigration right now.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »

Unless you think he's some kind of mythical superbeing with a flying reindeer powered sleigh and the ability to deliver presents down chimneys worldwide on one night, it's pretty reasonable that he does Europe and America on different days.....especially with US immigration right now.

I wanna emigrate to Europe.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 08:46:21 PM »

All seasonal santas should act like Billy Bob in Bad Santa and just do ho ho ho's. drool

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »

Wait a minute...what happens when we put up the fence to keep out all the Mexicans?  Will Santa have to go through customs?  I'm sure the "technological fence" will have Santa-proof capabilities.   hihi

The whole Santa thing is outrageous. 

BTW, Bandita, I just saw your earlier post...don't worry, some kids (mine included) still have a mystical Christmas season.  They have their Advent calendars, they have sent in their letters to Santa...the tree was tagged, cut down, dragged in and set up and some presents are gathered.  There's even a kick-ass star on top.  The non-stop marketing blitz seems to hit those children exposed to the onslaught...if more parents kept their kids away from that shit, everybody would be better off...in my eyes.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 09:54:45 PM »

Wait a minute...what happens when we put up the fence to keep out all the Mexicans? 

Santa's Turkish....ironic, yet true.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 10:01:30 PM »

Turkish?  Oh crap, he's never getting through customs.   nervous

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »

^why go through customs? just sneak in illegally like everyone else. it's all the rage. some places will even reward you for it.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 01:05:06 PM »

I saw this in the Post on Sunday and it seems to fit in here:

Wink

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12092007/gossip/cindy/its_pc_on_earth_for_st__nick_91703.htm

IT'S 'PC' ON EARTH FOR ST. NICK

December 9, 2007 -- THIS year's going to be tough sledding for Santa. With all the political-correctitude around . . . oy, the season will not be good for poor Santa.

For openers, he's lost a few elves. Previously he had a non-union shop. Santa's helpers just signed on with a handshake. Came the Patriot Act and such paperwork - mother's maiden name, birth date, Social Security number, picture ID, name of your nearest munchkin. Resisting this invasion of privacy, some old-timers grumbled "Kiss my mistletoe" and headed home to Elfville.

Also there's the Equal Opportunity folk. Accusing St. Nick of chauvinism. I mean, I've always liked the old geezer - although, personally, I think Nicky could use a little makeover - but the truth is his workshop is male-dominated. When's the last time you heard of any elfette? Elfess? Elfix?

I have also informed Santa: You better not shout, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why - immigration is another issue. Dude, be sure everyone at the North Pole has a green card.

Any leprechaun, pixie, gnome, fairy (pardon the expression) or tinseltoe who entered this country through a hole in a fence in Texas - even if for a good reason, even if just to deliver clean underwear to Britney - must first report to Lou Dobbs.

Another thing. Santa can't screw around anymore. In the old days, after a hardworking night he could meet his buds and knock off a pint of eggnog or something without the missus knowing it. Now, not. Mrs. Claus has a GPS. She not only knows whether he's been naughty or nice, she knows where he's been it.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Not this Dec. 24. The noise-pollution police are on the job. No honking horns, no blaring boomboxes, no keeping Chelsea residents up all night with drunken holly-jolly caroling. Anti-noise people are talking a real silent night.

Then there's the animal-rights situation. The ASPCA, involved in monitoring the safety and health requirements of Central Park's carriage horses, now want to check that Santa's reindeer don't work more than an eight-hour shift. Let's face it, Santa's heavy-duty. No lightweight to schlep around. It must be determined that these reindeer are getting their whale-blubber breaks. And then there's health benefits. HMO or not, Donder and Blitzen need time off to visit the antlerist of their choice twice a year.

Understand, even if the military grants The Big Man special air lanes Christmas Eve, travel is no longer easy. His sleigh could be backed up on the tarmac. He could be number 42 for takeoff. And that belt buckle could trigger the metal detector.

And those boots are not for walkin', they're for pullin' off to make sure he's not bearing presents from bin Laden. And he'll have to remove that jacket so security can frisk him for Chinese-made toys. And Gifts Without Borders wants him to know if he's packing bottles of fragrance over three ounces. He'll have to use FedEx. And big belly or not, this dude has to buckle up or the NYPD nails him.

I don't know what his white fluffy cuffs and trim are made of but I'm telling him right now if it's ermine or rabbit, he's got a problem with PETA. They'll throw red paint on his suit.

And where in New York can he park? Or, in this green era of solar energy, find as many chimneys as he needs? He and his bag of goodies may have to learn to shimmy through glass heat-retaining panels. And, Santa, whatever you do, shut off the cellphone. Shimmying down chimneys while talking on a cell could get you a $100 fine.

Face it, we all know everyone's down on fat people. It's fie on calories, cholesterol and carbs. So, any kiddies out there planning on leaving Santa the usual plate of cookies, forget it. Leave him tofu. Yogurt. Rice cakes. A nice piece of lettuce. We are talking a slimmer, svelter Santa baby. Santa-lite.

Also, no excuse for mistakes anymore. If the little girl down the street wanted twinkly earrings from Judith Ripka and instead got a rag doll, he'll have to report to Human Resources. There's now e-mail and Internet and even if the old guy's on the road he can get her message on his PDA. Can't say anymore he didn't get her letter. Can't blow it anymore.

He also may have a discrimination problem. No more asking the kid on his lap, "Were you a good little girl?" Must now be, "Were you a good little PERSON?" Besides, there are no good little girls today. Today it's Paris, Nicole, Pam, Tara, Lindsay, Britney, Kim.

And gone, gone, GONE must be his famous greeting "Ho, ho, ho." Even if he was sleeping all summer, surely by now he's heard the trouble Imus got in for using that word. Maybe he'll say "Hi, hi, hi" or "Hee, hee, hee." Maybe even "Ha, ha, ha." But "ho" is a no-go.

I think we also have to talk wardrobe. Enough already with that one outfit.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: