Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women  (Read 10428 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 03:44:49 PM »

eat pork damm it ,it's good !
oink oink lol
i know peeople cause of religion don't eat pork ,it drives me crazy.my sister has friends who don't eat pork.i make it alot but not on purpose really,i just like pork.

Your posts should always be prefaced with a warning.  Something like:  "Reading this while not on heavy doses of narcotics may cause you light yourself on fire."

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »

This is so over the top!!!!!!!!!!!! Who are these people that have time to pick apart every word in the English language and decide whether it's offensive or not. Why didn't people in the 50's,60's, 70's, 80's or 90's think that Santa's ho ho ho was offensive? Because who cares?Huh Because we live in a society where everyone is offended by everything? Hardly so. I truly am sick of this bullshit. I wish I was born earlier so I could be getting ready to croak instead of watching what this world is becoming.

They nix Ho next thing will be no Happy Holidays because not everyone celebrates a holiday around this time. Or the word ho is in holidays. And the midgets will start saying that portraying elves as little people is derogatory and they want to sue. And Rudolph's red nose symbolizes alcoholism and that is wrong to promote with our youth.

I'm shopping for another country - any suggestions?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »

Actually this happened down under not in the US which is the most shocking part of it all.  I really thought we cornered the market on being this trivial and ridiculous!
oink oink lol
i know peeople cause of religion don't eat pork ,it drives me crazy.my sister has friends who don't eat pork.i make it alot but not on purpose really,i just like pork.

Your posts should always be prefaced with a warning. Something like: "Reading this while not on heavy doses of narcotics may cause you light yourself on fire."

You could have warned me beforehand, now I am on fire! rant
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »

Actually this happened down under not in the US which is the most shocking part of it all.? I really thought we cornered the market on being this trivial and ridiculous!
oink oink lol

Your posts should always be prefaced with a warning. Something like: "Reading this while not on heavy doses of narcotics may cause you light yourself on fire."

You could have warned me beforehand, now I am on fire! rant

Actually its spreading to the US too. A friend of mine in Memphis has said santa's there are being told to say HA HA HA.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 07:01:17 PM »

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

did any one read this part?

There is no requirement to do anything - so nothing has been changed....so this isnt even worthy of reporting Roll Eyes

Of course they are going to say that when asked.

But if you read above that one of the employees states he was specifically told he couldn't say it.

Not to mention I "reported" this because frankly it tickled my funnybone a bit not because I think it's groundbreaking news!

Ho's are funny, come on! hihi

...and what would they do if a ''santa'' said 'ho ho ho' - fire him? Even a rudimentry grasp of employment law tells you that isnt going to happen

This is just right wing shit stirring again

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 07:33:09 PM »

...and what would they do if a ''santa'' said 'ho ho ho' - fire him? Even a rudimentry grasp of employment law tells you that isnt going to happen

Roll Eyes

Please tell me what this topic has to do with the right wing? nervous

Also, if you are talking about employment law in the United States (granted I have no clue about down under where this happened) MOST states have laws that state you can be fired without cause.? I know they exist in NY, NJ and FL.?

http://www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/faq.shtm

Q: Can an employee be fired without due cause?

A: Yes. New York State is an "employment-at-will," state. Without a contract restricting termination (such as a collective bargaining agreement) an employer has the right to discharge an employee at any time for any reason.

Employment at will:

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/laborlaws/l/aa092402.htm

As are many employees only after the fact, you might be surprised to learn in advance that U.S. employers may legally fire you for just about any reason, no reason or even an unfair reason

So I might suggest you brush up on your rudimentary knowledge of labor laws. hihi
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 07:35:06 PM by Bandita » Logged
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »

absolutely, this could never be left wing shit stirring. that's unpossible.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »

oink oink lol

Your posts should always be prefaced with a warning.? Something like:? "Reading this while not on heavy doses of narcotics may cause you light yourself on fire."

if i fart an catch fire i''ll letcha know right away lol.

the one an only horsey !
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

oink oink lol

Your posts should always be prefaced with a warning.  Something like:  "Reading this while not on heavy doses of narcotics may cause you light yourself on fire."

if i fart an catch fire i''ll letcha know right away lol.

Put down the Arbor Mist?  beer

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »

don't care, santa doesn't r?present xmas in my eyes, Saint Nicolas does and in Italy, they celebrate a witch.

Santa is an american fiction, it has no pagan history to it, it is only marketing bullshit.
I can't be offended by an image.

Nothing to say
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 08:59:09 PM »

lol can you smoke that ?
just kidden '
 smoking
 beer

the one an only horsey !
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »

don't care, santa doesn't r?present xmas in my eyes, Saint Nicolas does and in Italy, they celebrate a witch.

Santa is an american fiction, it has no pagan history to it, it is only marketing bullshit.

Well said. I was raised Christian, and always scoffed (more reasons then one) at the idea of Santa Claus. The same thing with Valentines day, and even Halloween.

Bullshit when my local Mall has ornaments up ~2 weeks after Halloween.

Anyways, thanks Jessica, now I feel like the Grinch.  rant

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 09:14:08 PM »

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same. 

Cat fight!  Shocked

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »

Santa and St. Nicholas are interchangable in the US, they mean one in the same.?

Cat fight!? Shocked

Nah, not at all, just stating a fact that some may not know. 

Either way it isn't what the topic is about anyway.  It's about the ridiculousness of some company who thinks "Ho Ho Ho" is offensive in some way. 

I'm personally not for all the marketing BS that comes along with Christmas either, I think within 10 years from now they will start selling the holiday items right after the 4th of July.  When I was little (oh so many moons ago) it was a mystical time and it actually seemed to mean something.  Nowadays it's all marketing and kids circling every toy in the catalogs. 

It's not what it used to be....
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

Not everyday you get to see a cat fight you know? Thanks, Grincheta.  Embarrassed

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »

Not everyday you get to see a cat fight you know? Thanks, Grincheta.? Embarrassed

It's not a real catfight unless we do it in mud! hihi

AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »

Not everyday you get to see a cat fight you know? Thanks, Grincheta.  Embarrassed

It's not a real catfight unless we do it in mud! hihi

love

If a comment like that doesn't get you positive karma, I don't know what would.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 02:20:31 AM »

Good point. Afterall christmas is just another pagan holiday stolen by the christians.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2007, 04:40:42 AM »

I don't know any "working girls" who are offended by the term "Ho".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: