Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women  (Read 10437 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« on: December 06, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »

rofl

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »

Offensive if they are HO's maybe...

But then again, if you're a HO, are you really that easily offended?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

That is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. And when I read it was in Australia I was quite shocked.

What the fuck is a Ho anyway? I understand if santa was going around calling girls Whores, sluts, moles ect but what is a ho?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »

I know I'm not! hihi

SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 04:55:31 PM »

What the fuck is a Ho anyway? I understand if santa was going around calling girls Whores, sluts, moles ect but what is a ho?

peace

"Ho" is short for "Whore".
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

im surprised this hasnt happened in america yet...we have so many pussies in this country that look for reasons to be offended....i dont think i have ever been actually offended once in my life...you can insult my race, religion, ethnicity all fucking day...i could care less...i think people just like to overdramatize how important they actually are in the world...
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 05:31:25 PM »

That is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. And when I read it was in Australia I was quite shocked.

peace
I think there's a difference between a HOE and a HO... HO is a hose or house or shovel or something, right?

and HOE, would be the correct spelling for a whore, i think...

Those people are crazy...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 05:33:40 PM by SamBob » Logged

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »

Big time.

Yesterday I bought some steak and when I left the counter I said "Merry Christmas" to the lady. She replied the same then said "Thanks for saying Merry Christmas."

Now, I'm no Christian, but I don't see what the big deal is. Myself, I also say "Happy Holidays'. Although there is no alternative meaning to it, other than to wish well to the person I'm addressing.

If you are a different religion, then I can't see why you are offended by "Christmas", sorry. If you are not a Christian, like me, then I can't see why you would be offended either. I simply don't care.

What does piss me off is the bullshit about the "attack on Christmas" created by the types like Bill O. Probably why the lady at the meat counter told me "thanks." I think the people who are upset, are a small fraction of dopes. Hardly some secular movement boogie man talking heads would like to make them out to be.

It does irritate me, that if I do say "Happy Holidays" I may be viewed as either 1) PC loon, or 2) An individual who has been bullied into submission by a group of PC loons. Neither of which are the case. I'm simply being friendly.

I wish everybody would just quit being so fucking sensitive or apprehensive about what they say for fear of others. I also wish shitheads like Bill O, would quit creating this false stories, as I have yet to encounter one person in real life that was offended by "Merry Christmas."

SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »

I haven't met very many people who were offended by "Merry Christmas", but I don't usually say it unless that person says it first. XDD

Though I do agree, people need to chill out... My brother's girlfriend is jewish, and she doesn't get offended when someone tells her "merry christmas"...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »

i dont think i have ever been actually offended once in my life...you can insult my race, religion, ethnicity all fucking day...i could care less...i think people just like to overdramatize how important they actually are in the world...

I've never been offended either......

..... but then, I'm a moderately successful, booze-drinking Canadian-born white male aged 19-25 with no religious beliefs and Canadian-born parents........ and my main concern in life is to bring on the HO HO HOssss! ?Shocked

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 07:10:44 PM »

peace
I think there's a difference between a HOE and a HO... HO is a hose or house or shovel or something, right?

and HOE, would be the correct spelling for a whore, i think...

Those people are crazy...

It's the opposite of what you typed. hihi

I think people are just looking for a reason to be offended these days.  This case is a prime example!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »

rofl

"Leave Santa alone."

HES JUST A HUMAN!!  HE JUST TRIES TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY! LEAVE SANTA ALONE!!!

hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 10:31:53 PM »

I love HO'S!!!!

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 01:12:29 AM »

Yes, let new negro-terms/slang change your year old traditions hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 06:22:43 AM »

^^ I want that for Christmas.

Fuck 'Em All.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 06:33:26 AM »

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

did any one read this part?

There is no requirement to do anything - so nothing has been changed....so this isnt even worthy of reporting Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 09:59:44 AM »

did any one read this part?

There is no requirement to do anything - so nothing has been changed....so this isnt even worthy of reporting Roll Eyes

Of course they are going to say that when asked.

But if you read above that one of the employees states he was specifically told he couldn't say it.

Not to mention I "reported" this because frankly it tickled my funnybone a bit not because I think it's groundbreaking news!

Ho's are funny, come on! hihi
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 10:13:28 AM »

''HO HO HO THAT'S GOTTA GO '' !

the one an only horsey !
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »

which women have complained about this then?

i found it offensive when a bunch of reborn christians came over to me telling me all this stuff about jesuss n stuff and when i told them i was busy and needed to listen to what my teacher was saying (we were on a trip) they informed us all how we are going to burn in hell. quite frankly those guys if they ever read this can go suck dick.

Using religious threats to try to get me to listen to stuff that doesnt even apply to me.

They then shouted how we were "as bad as the muslims", now i dont agree with alot of muslim stuff but im sure if a muslim came up to me and told me i need to follow there religion or else id tell them to fuck off. Im sure those guys went up to muslims telling them to be christian. i can see why theyd get a negative reply.

html sucks
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »

eat pork damm it ,it's good !
oink oink lol
i know peeople cause of religion don't eat pork ,it drives me crazy.my sister has friends who don't eat pork.i make it alot but not on purpose really,i just like pork.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: