Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  198x Live Songs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 198x Live Songs  (Read 4113 times)
The Rhiad
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

In 1985 GNR did Indiana Aint My Kinda Town, Back Off Bitch and Killing Time. Could someone give me all the info on these 3 songs? I believe Killing Time is 1984.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:14:10 PM »

i never herd of the song killing time i have the other 2 tracks

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
The Rhiad
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:30:44 PM »

i never herd of the song killing time i have the other 2 tracks

could you possibly upload them and give info?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 03:47:30 PM »

i never herd of the song killing time

It's from the Hollywood Rose days.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »

i found it on a boot of mine

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »

http://rapidshare.com/files/74321636/Hollywood_Rose.zip.html

this includes 7 HR songs and 1 rehearsal. not including the official released album.

commentary about the whole story. it's somewhat old, but still ok. credit goes to Dark Globe @ cd.com

===========================

That track [Taxi Driver] is a fake. The only legit Hollywood Rose songs available besides those on the Roots album are "That Something" and "Cold Hard Cash." There are actually two versions of "That Something" out there, but one does not feature Axl. It is unclear whether it is Hollywood Rose with another guy singing (perhaps Izzy) or a completely different band. Likely it is HR with another singer, as that version appeared months before the Axl version surfaced.

===

As far as I know (and this includes information passed down from drummer Johnny Kreis, bassist Rick Mars and guitarist Chris Weber), the only HR songs currently out there are:

Killing Time
My Way-Your Way (AKA Anything Goes)
Rocker
Shadow Of Your Love
Wreckless (AKA Reckless Life)
That Something
Cold Hard Cash

Other HR song titles include:

Hollywood Girls
Beat On My Head
Back Off Bitch (used by GN'R)
International Boys
Rock 'N Rose!

Those titles are taken from the setlist photo in the Roots album liner notes. Chris Weber spoke of Beat On My Head in an interview available at http://www.geocities.com/rattlesnake_suitcase/rsshock89.htm and that is likely the full title of "--at On" on the setlist. International Boys has been a title circulating for years and that is likely the full name of "International" on the setlist.

Correct me if I'm wrong rockerroller, but you are just giving titles, not claiming to have recordings, right?

===

Just to clear up the confusion regarding Hollywood Rose recordings, the following is a summary of what is out there, compiled by myself and Limulus (mostly Limulus). Anything else currently out there is fake.

The first indication of a Hollywood Rose recording came when HR drummer Johnny Kreis posted a picture of a demo tape on his website at http://www.laserfire.com/hollywoodrose/images/tape.jpg and suggested he may release some audio from it. The tape is titled “Rose” (HR’s original name) and the track list includes: My Way-Your Way; Shadow Of Your Love; Wreckless.

Next, in late summer 2002, an eBay seller claiming to be Kreis sold a CD with four tracks on it. The tracks included: My Way-Your Way; Shadow Of Your Love; Wreckless; Taxi Driver. Initially, Taxi Driver was thought to be a Hanoi Rocks cover. After it was discovered to be a different song that did not feature Axl, the track was assumed to be a fake. It was later confirmed to be a recording of That Something, although it is unclear whether it is another singer with HR (perhaps Izzy) or a completely different band on the recording.

When confronted about the eBay sale in late summer 2002, Kreis denied being the seller. He made a CD-R of his tape and a 128-kbps MP3 rip of it was circulated. The quality of this rip was significantly better than that on the eBay seller’s CD. This rip included only the three songs listed on the tape pic.

Next, bassist Rick Mars appeared on eBay selling an eight-track version of the demo, including: My Way-Your Way; Shadow Of Your Love; Wreckless; Rocker; Killing Time; Killing Time; That Something; <untitled track>. On July 4, 2003, he sold it for $114.50 and shortly thereafter relisted it. On October 4, 2003, the second auction brought in only $27, and the buyer then auctioned it on a Japanese auction site where Aces High bought it and immediately began marketing the demo as “Hairspray Heroes: Early Works Of Guns N’ Roses – Hell Revisited Part II,” which was released in December 2003. The quality of these recordings was worse than the prior two releases. The second recording of Killing Time was a 1:09 clip of a different recording of the song. The version of That Something, which includes only guitar and vocals, did in fact include Axl and is the same exact song as "Taxi Drive" from the first eBay seller. The untitled track, also featuring guitar and vocals only, was later confirmed to be Cold Hard Cash.

The fourth source of HR recordings came from guitarist Chris Weber, who took the sixteen-track masters and remixed them in 2003-04 for release as “Hollywood Rose – The Roots Of Guns N’ Roses.” The album, which was released on June 1, 2004, in the U.S., included: Killing Time; Anything Goes (formerly My Way-Your Way); Rocker; Shadow Of Your Love; Reckless Life (formerly Wreckless). The album also included two remixes of each song, one by Gilby Clarke and one by Fred Coury. The Japanese release of the album included a bonus interview DVD with Chris Weber (recorded December 17, 2003) and Tracii Guns (recorded January 21, 2004) that was 71:52 minutes long. The DVD featured 2:18 minutes of HR video footage, including an eight-second live clip (27:12-27:20) and clips from demo videos for Shadow Of Your Love (27:21-28:53) and My Way-Your Way (28:54-29:14 and 29:15-29:30). The demo videos were recorded in a back yard and feature the band playing along with a cassette of their demo. The audio from all of these video clips was overdubbed with the Chris Weber interview and subtitles were inserted all over the place. (Note that in the introduction to the DVD, there are some heavily manipulated still shots that are also likely derived from one of the demo videos.) This release is by far the best quality of all the HR audio recordings out there.

In July 2004, VH1 finally aired Behind The Music: Guns N' Roses. During the HR segment, the show featured three clips totaling twelve seconds of footage from the demo video for My Way-Your Way. The clips were cut with other period footage from L.A. (possibly also from an HR bootleg, but more likely from canned news footage). While there were no subtitles on the clips, the audio was again overdubbed, this time by the show’s announcer, former manager Vicky Hamilton and Steven Adler. Note that at least some of this footage was NOT included on the Japanese DVD.

On January 18, 2006, a poster at Metal Sludge names dr_loaded posted two new HR recordings in MP3 format: a 17-minute rehearsal session in which the band plays Anything Goes/<unknown>/Cold Hard Cash/<unknown> and a live performance of Killing Time. At the end of the live performance, someone says "We're Rose," suggesting the performance was before the official name change from Rose to Hollywood Rose (i.e. April 1984 or before). As for the researsal, dating it is next to impossible, other than to note that the band is working on arranging the songs, suggesting it took place in late 1983 or early 1984 when the band first started.

Overall, it appears that the three main tracks on the first three releases of the demo are all the same mix and that the quality differences are attributable to tape generation and condition of the source cassette. The fourth release, which also appears to be the same recording, is sourced from the sixteen-track masters, not a mix from back in the day.

So what else is out there? Chris Weber said at http://web.telia.com/~u43120602/mfintervju146.html that "There?s no more of this and in this format. No more high quality sixteen track masters laying around. I do have some songs on video and other stuff, but I really don?t have an intent of doing anything with it."

**Edited to include dates and fix the story a bit.**

Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »

Thanks Zombux Smiley
You know a thing or two about the GN'R history,don't you? Grin
Thanks for filling in some blanks in my knowledge :)And for the download of course ok

ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »

I have a Hollywood Rose bootlegs, tell me if you want me to upload something from it. It includes:

01 Shadow of your Love
02 My Way Your Way [Anything Goes]
03 Wreckless [Reckless]
04 Rocker
05 Killling Time [Take #1]
06 Killing Time [Take #2]
07 That Something
08 Cold Hard Cash
09 Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town (live '84)
10 Rehearsal
11 Rock N' Roll (live '84)
12 Unknown (Same as Cold Hard Cash  Huh)
13 Your Looks Are Gone (live '84)

Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town is a really awesome song!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:25:07 AM by ForeverGNR » Logged
zombux
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 11:59:35 AM »

I have a Hollywood Rose bootlegs, tell me if you want me to upload something from it. It includes:

01 Shadow of your Love
03 Wreckless [Reckless]
04 Rocker
07 That Something
08 Cold Hard Cash
10 Rehearsal
12 Unknown (Same as Cold Hard Cash? Huh)

I have to correct you. Indiana is GNR 1985 song. Your Looks is fake. RNR is Axl guest at Shark Island show, also 85. the rest is basically what I uploaded above.

ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »

01 Shadow of your Love
03 Wreckless [Reckless]
04 Rocker
07 That Something
08 Cold Hard Cash
10 Rehearsal
12 Unknown (Same as Cold Hard Cash  Huh)

I have to correct you. Indiana is GNR 1985 song. Your Looks is fake. RNR is Axl guest at Shark Island show, also 85. the rest is basically what I uploaded above.

Oh ok. But when I play Indiana, it says "Live California 1984", RNR the same and Your Looks says "Live at the Cathouse March 84". But yeah, guess your're right. I though about Your Looks Are Gone being a fake, because honestly; it sounds like crap  hihi
zombux
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:32 PM »

anyone can add or edit ID3 tags, we should be glad it doesn't say "Miami 1995" hihi

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »

01 Shadow of your Love
03 Wreckless [Reckless]
04 Rocker
07 That Something
08 Cold Hard Cash
10 Rehearsal
12 Unknown (Same as Cold Hard Cash? Huh)

Oh ok. But when I play Indiana, it says "Live California 1984", RNR the same and Your Looks says "Live at the Cathouse March 84". But yeah, guess your're right. I though about Your Looks Are Gone being a fake, because honestly; it sounds like crap? hihi

"your looks are gone" IS fake. It was a rumored new song gnr was (is?) working on....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
The Rhiad
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:42:15 PM »

Actually Rock N Roll is from May 28th 1986.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 10:33:04 PM »

April 26th, 1986 actually.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 02:59:53 AM »

April 26th, 1986 actually.

are you sure? I thought we were talking about the Shark Island show, from 85

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 03:43:51 AM »

According to "Reckless Road" the 1986 date is correct.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 08:15:05 AM »

cool, thanks for update. I don't have that book and I'm unable to buy it here Undecided

The Rhiad
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:37:57 PM »

Oops a little off my bad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: