Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What you reading? Your fav books? The book thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What you reading? Your fav books? The book thread  (Read 192373 times)
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #780 on: January 10, 2007, 09:03:19 AM »

Just got done reading Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo. Good book about the early Ozzy years with Randy Rhoads.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #781 on: January 12, 2007, 07:38:35 AM »

Just started reading Dave Lee Roth's - Crazy From The Heat

Don't Damn Me!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2007, 07:45:01 AM »

Finished U2 by U2 a few days ago.

Now reading The True Adventures Of The Rolling Stones

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #783 on: January 12, 2007, 07:47:03 AM »

Finished U2 by U2 a few days ago.

excellent read.  just bought it recently in a uk shop brand new for ?2.99.  quite the bargain

Don't Damn Me!!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »

i've just read the "Hannibal" trilogy, fucking great books.

Red Dragon: fantastic
Silence of the Lambs: fantastic
Hannibal: okay, fucked up ending

theres another book coming out soon thats a prequel and covers Hannibal Lecter as a child into his early adult years. they are already in pre-production of a movie based on the book.

I read all of those, and I gotta' tell you, I HATED HATED HATED "Hannibal."  When I was done with that piece of shit, I literally threw it across the room, it sucked so bad.  It was the hardcover version, too.  A friend of mine asked to borrow it, and I never asked for it back. (And I hope I never get it back, either!)

My favorite series of books has to be The Dark Tower books by Stephen King.  I think I read all of them in less than 3 months.  Those will stick with me for the rest of my life!
Now I Know Better
« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »

I just finished 'Salem's Lot and started reading Eyes of the Dragon.  Both by Stephen King and are good books.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #786 on: January 12, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »

speaking of Stephen King, i am almost done with The Tommyknockers, its great so far, after a really really slow start it finally picked up.

This is only my second Stephen King book, my first was Cell which was a huge dissapointment, i really didnt like it that much.

after i finish The Tommyknockers i plan on reading the new Michael Crichton book, Next. i am a huge Crichton fan. as far as Stephen King, i plan on reading It, Salem's Lot or Bag of Bones at some point this year. has anyone read his new novel Lisey's Story?

the new Hannibal book is out but it doesnt interest me very much, i really could care less how Hannibal grew up, hes more interesting when hes helping the FBI catch serial killers. the last Hannibal book was a huge dissapointment anyway, the ending was atrocioius and totally unbelievable.?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:57:59 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #787 on: January 12, 2007, 02:24:28 PM »

speaking of Stephen King, i am almost done with The Tommyknockers, its great so far, after a really really slow start it finally picked up.

This is only my second Stephen King book, my first was Cell which was a huge dissapointment, i really didnt like it that much.

after i finish The Tommyknockers i plan on reading the new Michael Crichton book, Next. i am a huge Crichton fan. as far as Stephen King, i plan on reading It, Salem's Lot or Bag of Bones at some point this year. has anyone his new novel Lisey's Story?

the new Hannibal book is out but it doesnt interest me very much, i really could care less how Hannibal grew up, hes more interesting when hes helping the FBI catch serial killers. the last Hannibal book was a huge dissapointment anyway, the ending was atrocioius and totally unbelievable.?

if you like Stephen king Books try It and also The Stand Uncut both come highly recomended by myself along with Rose Madder 
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »

after i finish The Tommyknockers i plan on reading the new Michael Crichton book, Next. i am a huge Crichton fan. as far as Stephen King, i plan on reading It, Salem's Lot or Bag of Bones at some point this year. has anyone his new novel Lisey's Story?

if you like Stephen king Books try It and also The Stand Uncut both come highly recomended by myself along with Rose Madder?

thanx for the reccommendations. i actually own one of the orginal hardcover versions of The Stand that i think my Aunt gave me a while ago so i dont think its uncut, is it that important to get the uncut version?

Now I Know Better
« Reply #789 on: January 12, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

The Uncut version is over a 1000 pages long.
Now I Know Better
« Reply #790 on: January 12, 2007, 02:41:48 PM »

If you really want to read King's best work, read The Dark Tower.  It is nothing short of amazing.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #791 on: January 12, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »

"King Dork" by Frank Portman - a great, fun read.

"The Zero"by Jess Walter.? Loved "Citizen Vince," but I'm so anxious for this one to be over.? The main character has memory gaps and the story is told from his perspective - every few pages, the scene abruptly shifts to new characters and places with little to no explanation as to what the hell's going on.

Lol, Frank Portman of the amazing band Mr T Experience. For those who havnt heard them check them out. Esp the Love is Dead album. Just great, so many really classic lyrics. The mans a legend.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #792 on: January 12, 2007, 05:51:01 PM »

currently reading "Hell Bent For Leather - Confessions Of A Heavy Metal Addict" by Seb Hunter

"The story of Seb Hunter's 15 year Heavy Metal journey from his first guitar to the arrival of grunge"

Though he doesn't mention the school by name, from how he describes it I think that it must be the same school I went to, and we
were there at the same time though different years. Funny book, I can relate to a lot of it.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #793 on: January 12, 2007, 05:52:07 PM »

No Irish, No Black, No Dogs - John Lydon's autobiography.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »

I'm currently reading Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. I'm 562 pages in, in about 5 days.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »

I'm currently reading Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. I'm 562 pages in, in about 5 days.

wow thats awesome, i actually own that book too maybe ill read that soon as well, so many books so little time!! lol.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #796 on: January 13, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »

The Uncut version is over a 1000 pages long.

Once u get into it, u will wish it was a 1,000 more pages.

The Stand UnCut is the greatest book I've ever read

Also Try The SHining which is a million times better than the movie and Carrie which is also way way better than the movie.

I am currently reading "The Dark Half" by Stephen King and so far it is phenomenal. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #797 on: January 13, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »

One of my most favourite books of all time is "The Perfume" by Patrick Suskind.

It's a story about an 18th-century foundling, Jean Baptiste Grenouille - a monster, a murderer - obsessed with smell. To create the perfect perfume he must gather the scent from a number of beautiful girls, and to gather this scent he must first kill them.

This book is so well-written and the mystery unfolds so masterly, it's an aboslute must imo. It was recently turned into a film as well but I haven't seen it yet. 

Book Synopsis
A murder was the start of his obsession. It was after that first crime that he knew he was a genius, that he understood his destiny. He, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, the fishmonger`s bastard, was to be the greatest perfumier of all time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:31:04 PM by Mauve_All » Logged

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
lastroots
« Reply #798 on: January 13, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

currently reading

A CONEY ISLAND OF THE MIND

by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

/lastroots
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #799 on: January 13, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »

If you really want to read King's best work, read The Dark Tower.? It is nothing short of amazing.

My best friend read it and said the same thing.  She loved it.  I had heard that some people were freaked out when
Stephen King announced he was retiring a few years back after he got hit by that car.  He had to tell his fans that he
definitely was finishing the series.  I guess he changed his mind on retirement. 
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: