Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 174183 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #840 on: November 28, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »

Why man? Axl and Mr Mercuriadis BOTH told us the album is gonna be out this year.

We are in november. Make this same thread the 31st of december at 11:50...not now

Aguante el Enzo!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
T_Roxie
« Reply #841 on: November 28, 2006, 12:42:59 PM »

Why man? Axl and Mr Mercuriadis BOTH told us the album is gonna be out this year.

We are in november. Make this same thread the 31st of december at 11:50...not now

Aguante el Enzo!
We will. no
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #842 on: November 28, 2006, 10:00:37 PM »

the cd does not come out this year?  I'm going to the show Saturday and am pumped but I may step back for a bit if another year goes by without anything.  I've been looking forward to this for too long and don't know if I can keep hoping anymore.  Too much disappointment.  What about any others?  Just interested.
fixintodie
« Reply #843 on: November 28, 2006, 10:02:02 PM »

Yes, because lets face it, if it's delayed again, we're pretty much back to square one and the "no major albums are released in Jan/Feb" bullshit. I'll probably go back to just checking the sites once a week.
TylerPaige
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: November 28, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

Van Halen's 1984 was released on January 9, 1984 and it sold 10 Million.  It doesn't matter when an album is released, if it is good, it will stand the test of time and sell.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #845 on: November 29, 2006, 02:51:46 AM »

This is quickly turning into a fucking joke. It has most definitely reached the point of absurdity. I'm really looking forward to hearing the excuse for why its not coming out this year.

I'm fast approaching the point where I'm just gonna download the album when it comes out instead of buying it. Cant just keep rewarding this bullshit. I'm going to concerts, but after that, he can sell AFD rehash to somebody else. I aint buying it anymore.

fixintodie
« Reply #846 on: November 29, 2006, 05:19:19 AM »

Van Halen's 1984 was released on January 9, 1984 and it sold 10 Million.  It doesn't matter when an album is released, if it is good, it will stand the test of time and sell.

Well, I did say the Jan/Feb thing was bullshit. People will want this album whenever it's released, and maybe very little competition is a good thing.
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #847 on: November 29, 2006, 02:27:32 PM »

...... I know that this is a common topic that has been discusse and will be called a waste of a thread, but there is nowhere else to vent. My wife usually rolls here eyes. I am starting to lose hope about the album coming out this year....I know the band has said it is going to happen, but if so, there release strategy is absurd. I do not know why, but for some reason I am very frustrated about this today. I know some of you are certain that this is the year, but the year is over in a couple of weeks, and we cannot get so much as a peep from Mngmnt? If not a date, a little reassurance? For some reason I am resigned to think that the silence will continue for a while and the rumors and lies will prevail as always. I am not usually this negative....I have been a staunch defender of this thing to everyone I know, including those that were on the GNR bus the first time around in the 80s-90s. I don't now why this is bothering me so much today.

Deadfeat.

What is Chinese Democracy?
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #848 on: November 29, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »

What the fuck...I'm just...I'm just about at the end of my rope.

I start writing my goodbye topic next Tuesday.
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #849 on: November 29, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »

[depressed]
I hope it will be out soon.  It seems we were(maybe still are) so close to the album that makes the lack of any apparent release hit that much harder.  It's sad in a way.  I love this band, but it is starting to get to me too.  I just wish they would give us something, anything, any little tidbit of information that let's us know what is going on.  I'll buy the album when it comes out, I'll still be on this board, but this board is starting to depress me also.

All this fighting about the release date, what the band does or does not owe to the fans, what the fans owe to the band, whether touring is enough for us, etc. Sad  Fuck, we're all fans here.  No one can really say they're more of a fan than the other.  Debate is one thing, but I find the attitudes of people arguing kind of sad... moderators and posters alike.  I do not mean to insult anyone, or insinuate anything negative about them.  I just don't like to see fans turn on one another, over an event that is entirely out of our control.
[/depressed]

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #850 on: November 30, 2006, 04:40:57 AM »

You know, management wouldn't have to worry about shutting down rumors on this board if they'd just tell us the status. It seems to be a lot harder to just monitor our posts and be swamped with e-mails, don't you think?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #851 on: November 30, 2006, 10:56:33 AM »

You know, management wouldn't have to worry about shutting down rumors on this board if they'd just tell us the status. It seems to be a lot harder to just monitor our posts and be swamped with e-mails, don't you think?

Stop Right There! In no way do we allow rational logic to subvert arguments! Wink

Just a simple "Yeah it's done and we'll get the ball rolling for late '06 early '07" would stop a lot rumors and stuff.  Sure, if a later date for CD is mentioned there will be those who complain, but they're already complaining so it's really a moot point.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #852 on: November 30, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »

Stop Right There! In no way do we allow rational logic to subvert arguments! Wink

Ha ha!  Post of the month, right there hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #853 on: November 30, 2006, 08:51:27 PM »

who cares? it will be out when it is out. Live your life. I have more to do than I can do. So time passes, and in several years, who knows, maybe the album will be out. rofl
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: December 01, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »

it doesnt bother when the album comes out or if it never comes out. the thing that bothers me is when axl/merk or whoever the f**k tell us the album is coming out in such and such date( by the way that always happens before a tour starts) and then say we dont own you anything or live your life. first of all they keep lying to us about the release and when they cant deliver they insult us by sayin live your lives or we dont own you anything.

yeah... coz thats all we do seat in front of a computer all day every day and wait for the album to drop.

why call the tour the chinese democracy tour and no album on sight. why not just call it the greatest hits tour or new gnr scams old gnr tour(sorry folks but since they came out in 2001 thats all they're doing) or warm up tour for the new band members to bond.

axl got me all excited back in feb when he talked about new album coming out in fall late fall and touring again. i started listening to gnr music again( not that i ever stoped)and to tell the truth thats what i listen most of the time now. i thought he is back and went to see him live this summer. great show i really enjoyed he is a great showman.

only 3 tuesdays to go, coz no way in hell this album is coming out on dec the 5th, and no album still. as a fan i feel let down. 

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #855 on: December 01, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

it doesnt bother when the album comes out or if it never comes out. the thing that bothers me is when axl/merk or whoever the f**k tell us the album is coming out in such and such date( by the way that always happens before a tour starts) and then say we dont own you anything or live your life. first of all they keep lying to us about the release and when they cant deliver they insult us by sayin live your lives or we dont own you anything.

yeah... coz thats all we do seat in front of a computer all day every day and wait for the album to drop.

why call the tour the chinese democracy tour and no album on sight. why not just call it the greatest hits tour or new gnr scams old gnr tour(sorry folks but since they came out in 2001 thats all they're doing) or warm up tour for the new band members to bond.

axl got me all excited back in feb when he talked about new album coming out in fall late fall and touring again. i started listening to gnr music again( not that i ever stoped)and to tell the truth thats what i listen most of the time now. i thought he is back and went to see him live this summer. great show i really enjoyed he is a great showman.

only 3 tuesdays to go, coz no way in hell this album is coming out on dec the 5th, and no album still. as a fan i feel let down.?

i agree totally. sad state of affairs.

i love how axl was so vague in that rolling stone article about him being at the korn release party. He said "you'll hear music this year" everyone thought he was implying that the record would come out or they would tour. well they've been touring since May and we finally heard four leaked songs from the album. so due to his vague statement, u cant say he was wrong.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:17:08 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Hysteron
« Reply #856 on: December 01, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »

I think it's all a conspiracy, there is no album there never was.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #857 on: December 01, 2006, 03:07:56 PM »

I think it's all a conspiracy, there is no album there never was.

i dont think so. At some point this has to end. Axl can't live off Appetite For Destruction and his past accomplishments forever.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #858 on: December 02, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »

the whole things ridicukous no album ... no announcement and censorship.
a hugely loyal fanbase is being pissed off.

what a waste
rather than lie or bulshit the fans why not just communicate whats going on ?
GNR has again become a farce for the media
 no

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #859 on: December 03, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »

GNR has again become a farce for the media
 no

Seems to be a trend ... perhaps they're playing on that fact and are waiting till the papers start printing shit ...
Then they whip it out and go "FUCK YOU MEDIA BITCHES!"  Tongue

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: