Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170718 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2006, 03:13:32 AM »

I am a bit frustrated that we have yet to hear anything from them, but after Merck's recent comments I rest assured that they have some type of plan for approaching this. Am I tired of waiting? Yes. Have I been waiting years? Yes. Is one more month going to kill me? No. Hopefully I don't get hit by a truck on the way to the store to pick up Chinese Democracy. Wouldn't that be terrible? Wait ten years to hear an album, and on the way to the store you get killed.

Or how about this: your way out of the parking lot you're fumbling trying to put the disc in the player, and right as you shove it in and it is about to start playing you look up and realize you're about to crash into a propane tanker. BOOM! You're dead before the first second of the album finished.

God, I'm going to lock myself in a bubble for the next thirty days and not leave my room.  hihi
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »

i have....and its funny reading threads talking about the album coming out as if its a foregone conclusion..didnt we have this discussion in like november of 2002.....or november of 1998 for that matter............Face it, the album is not coming out this year............just listen to the bootlegs and be happy and stop talking about fictional release dates, fictional tracklistings, fictional singles and all that crap....ITS NOT COMING OUT...who agrees with me?
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »

Regretfully, I do.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »

why?
i dont see any reason to not trust the managment at this point. There is truly something going on right now.
Dont lose your faith no. Its so close. Be positive. It will be out this year. ?ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2006, 12:52:55 PM »

i have....and its funny reading threads talking about the album coming out as if its a foregone conclusion..didnt we have this discussion in like november of 2002.....or november of 1998 for that matter............Face it, the album is not coming out this year............just listen to the bootlegs and be happy and stop talking about fictional release dates, fictional tracklistings, fictional singles and all that crap....ITS NOT COMING OUT...who agrees with me?

Well this site is fukkin dedicated to the new album ! rant And who gives a shit if some people discussed this 4 years ago....Axl Rose said in his own words : It?s commin out...what will we think then ? That he is laying ? So you are calling him a liar ? ..." Listen to the bootlegs and be happy" - That was a lame comment..Oh my god !

no no

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
anythinggoes
« Reply #785 on: October 20, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »

Pesamist

Its coming its finally coming
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2006, 01:31:51 PM »

Pesamist

Its coming its finally coming

i don't want to believe it's delayed yet again, but i'm honestly starting to lose hope...
yet i'm still reading this board, so i must still have some hope that i'll have it in my hands by the end of the year ;p

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #787 on: October 20, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

With everything going on that we cant discuss, it shows some major things are happening. The album is coming out and I think soon is the word.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AtariLegend
« Reply #788 on: October 20, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »

My biggest frustration with the album is that I can't post about it, without having my post deleted.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2006, 05:37:13 PM »

Either it comes out - or it doesn't. If it doesn't, we still have many live recordings of the new stuff by the new lineup to enjoy (which is about 45 minutes of new material). If it does, it'll sell like hot cakes and I'll have even more music to listen to. I listen to the new stuff almost every day at the moment.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
anythinggoes
« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »

Ha ha have these last few days been the longsest ever or what isnt it so frustrating knowing there will be an announcement but not knowing when i wish they would say "ok on say Thursday we will have an announcement" or something like that. Being a fan can drive a weak person to Alcoholism i tell you.  Grin

beer

Does that class as a rant?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #791 on: October 24, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »

it really just blows my mind that the North American tour is kicking off today and we still haven't head much concerning the album..

its the most anticipated album in MUSIC HISTORY!!  wouldn't it make sense to at least announce a release date and then drop the album soon?

all the promotion and exposure would definitely boost ticket sales.

i still hope its coming late November/early December. i mean Fortus did say it will drop while they were touring. but if this is indeed true we should hear some news soon.

i just can't get over GNR management, do they want 2002 to happen all over again?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ILChief
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #792 on: October 28, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »

Something's gonna have to give soon or somebody LIED.  Seriously, I'm glad the shows are getting mostly positive reviews.  But if they want this tour to be a mainstream success and not a Def Leppard/Journey nostalgia tour (which I went to and was a great show BTW), they need to get some new music playing on the radio.

I'm caustiously optimistic, but time is running out.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #793 on: October 28, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »

This topic is a bit Dead Horse although I do agree with you.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #794 on: October 28, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »

I am a bit frustrated that we have yet to hear anything from them, but after Merck's recent comments I rest assured that they have some type of plan for approaching this. Am I tired of waiting? Yes. Have I been waiting years? Yes. Is one more month going to kill me? No. Hopefully I don't get hit by a truck on the way to the store to pick up Chinese Democracy. Wouldn't that be terrible? Wait ten years to hear an album, and on the way to the store you get killed.

Or how about this: your way out of the parking lot you're fumbling trying to put the disc in the player, and right as you shove it in and it is about to start playing you look up and realize you're about to crash into a propane tanker. BOOM! You're dead before the first second of the album finished.

God, I'm going to lock myself in a bubble for the next thirty days and not leave my room.? hihi

rofl What a geat post!? hihi

I'm really not frustrated about it until I get on this message board and see all the frustration permiating from the fans. And the fact you're given a time table and it never pans out, a constant stream of silence, which I personally take as arrogance, and the fact there were supposed to be some big news from the band announced on the website when it first came out, and again, nothing.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:58:24 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #795 on: October 28, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

God, I'm going to lock myself in a bubble for the next thirty days and not leave my room.  hihi

rofl What a geat post!  hihi

I'm really not frustrated about it until I get on this message board and see all the frustration permiating from the fans. And the fact you're given a time table and it never pans out, a constant stream of silence, which I personally take as arrogance, and the fact there were supposed to be some big news from the band announced on the website when it first came out, and again, nothing.

I aim to please.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #796 on: October 28, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »

I'm getting a bit frustrated about this as well. Touring yet again without an album, or single. I seriously don't get why they would do that again? I can't see it coming out in november somehow, I just can't. I am so hopefull, I saw guns in Nijmegen 2006 putting on a great great show. Was the coolest thing ever for me to experience yet. This band got so much potential. I love Robin Finck, I want to hear him riffing, I want to hear the new members shine. I really expected some sort of announcement about the album, or single for the start of the tour. But it just doesn't seem to come. And the tour already started. All these vaque statements, it annoys me. I check this site and gunsnroses.com everyday hoping for THE announcement. The one everyone is holding his breath for. When, when, fucking when? Makes me a bit sad at the moment.  Sad

Here's hoping for next week.  Cheesy Or the week after that,  Smiley or the week after after.  Undecided Or next year?   Cry

Where the fuck is the album?!?!  love

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:03:54 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #797 on: October 29, 2006, 12:32:10 AM »

Almost eight Tuesdays left, no?  no

I think it's this year more than ever but every passing week I grow weary of an announcement from management telling us "spring '07, last-minute work was needed on the album."  hihi
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #798 on: October 29, 2006, 01:16:22 AM »

Almost eight Tuesdays left, no?? no

I think it's this year more than ever but every passing week I grow weary of an announcement from management telling us "spring '07, last-minute work was needed on the album."? hihi

sad but true, but everything else is going as planned, i mean i remember back when the hammerstein shows were announced around that time there was talk of the plan being playing the warm up shows, touring europe, then coming back for a north american tour in the fall. all that has happened. and then of course we have the leaks. and lets face it, axl was able to keep all that music from leaking for all these years then three demos all of a sudden pop up and then we have tour dates announced??? and one of the demos happens to be a song axl talked about at the korn release party and is now the expected single?? what a coincidence! ? i think everything that happened this year was completely planned out.? i think all signs still point to a release this year. soon though we have to hear something soon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:19:04 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #799 on: October 29, 2006, 05:02:54 AM »

Almost eight Tuesdays left, no?? no

I think it's this year more than ever but every passing week I grow weary of an announcement from management telling us "spring '07, last-minute work was needed on the album."? hihi

sad but true, but everything else is going as planned, i mean i remember back when the hammerstein shows were announced around that time there was talk of the plan being playing the warm up shows, touring europe, then coming back for a north american tour in the fall. all that has happened. and then of course we have the leaks. and lets face it, axl was able to keep all that music from leaking for all these years then three demos all of a sudden pop up and then we have tour dates announced??? and one of the demos happens to be a song axl talked about at the korn release party and is now the expected single?? what a coincidence! ? i think everything that happened this year was completely planned out.? i think all signs still point to a release this year. soon though we have to hear something soon.

All this is true, and I don't think Axl has any intention of letting us down. However, some disturbing facts remain. The world don't run on Axl Rose and miracles, but on schedules, orders, production, marketing and money. I know some think it's possible for the album to drop next week or tommorow, but it just ain't. There's alot of stuff that needs to be sorted out from the moment Axl gives the record to the label and to the point if's actually released. How much time that's needed is a little unclear, but we're talking atleast a month.

Ballpark figure, if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks, a release this year is simply out of the question.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: