Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170656 times)
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #760 on: October 18, 2006, 01:55:58 AM »

the only people who are truly in a fervor over this album release stuff is people on the message board.  everyone else walking around could really care less at this point.  of course, things will change once the press machine starts rolling, but no one outside of the hardcore fans is hitting refresh on the main site every 10 minutes like i'm sure many people on here are.  everyone just needs a little...

...wait for it...

...you ready...

...ENDURANCE!
Bono
« Reply #761 on: October 18, 2006, 02:08:54 AM »

the only people who are truly in a fervor over this album release stuff is people on the message board.? everyone else walking around could really care less at this point.? of course, things will change once the press machine starts rolling, but no one outside of the hardcore fans is hitting refresh on the main site every 10 minutes like i'm sure many people on here are.? everyone just needs a little...

...wait for it...

...you ready...

...ENDURANCE!

Thank god! rofl
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #762 on: October 18, 2006, 02:13:01 AM »

Endurance, now thats a word I really like. And much more fittng for GNR fans! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #763 on: October 18, 2006, 02:17:38 AM »

people are so fucking negative it just kills me. 

in 2006 we got:
-new songs
-axl back with a new look way better than the football jerseys
-a band with better chemistry that puts on an amazing show
-a member of the band who is considerate enough to take time to communicate with every single fan who emails him.
-a new website (but they just bitch about that.. shut the fuck up, its 100% better than gnronline.com). They have given us exclusive video footage we wouldnt' have had otherwise.
-A fan club is in the works.
-the official myspace finally shows pictures of the actual band and info regarding Guns N' Roses NOW, not 20 years ago.
-Axl has done a few radio interviews
-a full blown European tour where they played to over 700,000 fans.
-shows in New York and some dates on the west coast in intimate venues for the diehards like us.
-promises that this is the year of Chinese Democracy
-a North American Tour booked as the Chinese Democracy tour.

this is my favorite band and I am a true fan in the good times and the bad.   They dont owe me shit.  I'm fortunate to have gotten to see them 4 times and I wouldn't trade that for anything.   

even if the album doesn't come out this year, its not changing a damn thing in regards to my support and love for this band.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #764 on: October 18, 2006, 02:20:36 AM »

people are so fucking negative it just kills me. 

in 2006 we got:
-new songs
-axl back with a new look way better than the football jerseys
-a band with better chemistry that puts on an amazing show
-a member of the band who is considerate enough to take time to communicate with every single fan who emails him.
-a new website (but they just bitch about that.. shut the fuck up, its 100% better than gnronline.com). They have given us exclusive video footage we wouldnt' have had otherwise.
-A fan club is in the works.
-the official myspace finally shows pictures of the actual band and info regarding Guns N' Roses NOW, not 20 years ago.
-Axl has done a few radio interviews
-a full blown European tour where they played to over 700,000 fans.
-shows in New York and some dates on the west coast in intimate venues for the diehards like us.
-promises that this is the year of Chinese Democracy
-a North American Tour booked as the Chinese Democracy tour.

this is my favorite band and I am a true fan in the good times and the bad.   They dont owe me shit.  I'm fortunate to have gotten to see them 4 times and I wouldn't trade that for anything.   

even if the album doesn't come out this year, its not changing a damn thing in regards to my support and love for this band.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!
And totally the truth.!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Randallflagg
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #765 on: October 18, 2006, 02:27:39 AM »

i dont like gnr doubters either. they are the best band in my mind. Joya and i listen to them everyday.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #766 on: October 18, 2006, 03:07:42 AM »

Hey,

Thanks for making a separate topic on this.

I'm really glad you didn't just post your opinions like everyone else in the "Do you doubt GN'R?" thread started by Bono mere hours ago.

We could really do with another topic on this adorning the front page.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Sincerely,

- Russian Roulette <3
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #767 on: October 18, 2006, 03:57:49 AM »

If youd followed this band for a number of years then youd have every reason to be doubtful.

I do think it will come out this year... at last... but if it doesnt I wont be surprised in the slightest.
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #768 on: October 18, 2006, 04:07:49 AM »

Yeah, all that other stuff is nice... but we need a fucking album already. I don't care if the backing band is Styx... with or withing dennis fucking deyoung. I don't care what axl looks like. gain 400 lbs, lose an arm, get a fucking sex change for all I care...  All I want is an album. Essentially we were promised an album "this year" in "fall, or late fall"... according to axl many, many times... I'll be very disappointed if we don't get it.

The only reason it would bother me is because he has never once before this flat out given any time frame... his answer was "You'll see it, I don't know if soon is the word"... well, this time around he said "this year"... and he has two and a half months left to deliver.

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #769 on: October 18, 2006, 04:09:38 AM »

I don't care what axl looks like. gain 400 lbs, lose an arm, get a fucking sex change for all I care...  All I want is an album.

My smiley post:  rofl rofl rofl

Best post I've read all evening. And now, gentlemen, I shall retire to my bed with Aerosmith Live! Bootleg coercing me into a five-hour sleep before I arise for a fresh, bright new day. One more day, one deviation closer to a democracy in China.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2006, 04:13:28 AM »

I agree with this guy.. you people should chill out.

We've been promised the album.. and I totally buy it. I'd be very surprised if they bailed this year.

But for now.. chill. Theres nothing you can do right now but wait.

Exactly.

Damn it, Axl said :

"It is this year"

Can't be clearer.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #771 on: October 18, 2006, 04:18:07 AM »

I agree with this guy.. you people should chill out.

We've been promised the album.. and I totally buy it. I'd be very surprised if they bailed this year.

But for now.. chill. Theres nothing you can do right now but wait.

Exactly.

Damn it, Axl said :

"It is this year"

Can't be clearer.

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.

hihi

But I do think it's this year or never.
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #772 on: October 18, 2006, 04:27:22 AM »

If axl knows and planned that the Cd is going to be released in early next year, would you guys believe that he would come out and say it.? because if the cd isn't coming out this year, then what is this tour about.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #773 on: October 18, 2006, 05:43:51 AM »

O.k. since a huge majority of people seem to believe it's impossible for the album to come out on December 26th,? that leaves us with just 9 Tuesdays left for an album release.? There's no hint of the release date and not even a sniff as to when the first single may be out. We're two months out and thsi is the point where most albums do start getting some type of promotion. At least the lead single is hitting radio and? release dates are being announced.? I'm wondering if this is the point where even the most confident and loyal Axl/Gn'R supporters start to? have doubts creep back in?? I mean does it not seem odd to anyone that there si no single yet or at teh very least no knowledge of when said single may hit airwaves?? being two months out and given the history I think this is a major red flag here. Of course it could all change if a single hits radio right away but....other than knowing when the tour starts there has been nothing in regards to any album promotion. I don't care what anybody says Axl and Co. are not this smart to be able to keep EVERYTHING underwraps like this. I mean sometimes no news means there's no news nervous.? So anyone else who was extremely confident of a 2006 release starting to wonder a bit maybe?

Guess there's a 1 in 9 chance of seeing the album this side of Xmas then  peace
fixintodie
« Reply #774 on: October 18, 2006, 05:46:24 AM »

If axl knows and planned that the Cd is going to be released in early next year, would you guys believe that he would come out and say it.? because if the cd isn't coming out this year, then what is this tour about.

If Axl knew that the cd would be next year, I wouldn't think he'd say anything about it. But he certainly wouldn't repeatedly say it was 'this year', as that would only cause more bad press and resentment when it proved not to be the case. He's had no problem remaining vague about the release in the past (soon is not the word, hopefully we'll have a release date in a few months). That's what makes me think this time is different.

I'd give it a week or two and wait while the tour is underway.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »

Well, I get bored at times,but I'm still hanging!!!  Hopefully we get  ovet with this and have a reunion   hihi

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »

If Axl knew that the cd would be next year, I wouldn't think he'd say anything about it. But he certainly wouldn't repeatedly say it was 'this year', as that would only cause more bad press and resentment when it proved not to be the case. He's had no problem remaining vague about the release in the past (soon is not the word, hopefully we'll have a release date in a few months). That's what makes me think this time is different.

I'd give it a week or two and wait while the tour is underway.

Thats what i think too...this time is different, or so i hope hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
AtariLegend
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »

I have no frustration about the album, why because I trust in Axl as he wouldn't in us.
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #778 on: October 19, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »

Well now we know there may not be a release date, until its on the shelves.

I hope they dont bring it out without promotion.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #779 on: October 19, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »

PAAAAATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  rant rant rant

That?s the only word for it, don?t get me wrong, i love new GNR

But the moore he keeps us waiting, the moore he keeps the world waiting -- > People will start to think that this album is gonna be the greatest album history has ever seen....Then the album comes out, and people will go - Okay..a new album...
" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" I don?t like it anymoore..Sure..some people will listen to their ears bleed..but all this..for a little album....In a smarter world we would be watiting for the 3 Axl Rose solo album by now....Because as Axl Rose, i bet Axl don?t have so much presuere..As GUNS N ROSES...He needs to fight assholes who wears t - shirts with Slash etc And he needs to follow up UYI 1 ,II....And that?s a hard thing to do.... Undecided

This album is not taken so long because the songs are sooo difficuelt...It?s because Axl has gone trough a lot..And needs to get his shit together..and he has..when he?s not biting guards..?hhh nevermind  Tongue Wink

But he has had his downs..And now he?s back..and now is the time GOTDAMMIT !

The album IS done..It has do be..a singel would be nice...

My check of 200 swedish croners is waiting for CD...Please bring me something !..Bring US something.. ok yes

Over N?out

// Dennis

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: