Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170683 times)
EFISH
« Reply #740 on: October 17, 2006, 11:37:42 PM »

Maybe Axl will first release the album at the first show on the 24th.

How cool would that be for the people there, getting to premeire it in their cars on the ride home from the show  hihi
I'd get into a car accident, I'd have to just pull over somewhere and just listen to it blasting, (at 3AM)  hihi hihi
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #741 on: October 17, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »

i have no doubts really.but think maybe during this tour axl might give us some hints.im not sure but just get a little feeling something is coming.

the one an only horsey !
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #742 on: October 17, 2006, 11:39:32 PM »

Maybe Axl will first release the album at the first show on the 24th.

How cool would that be for the people there, getting to premeire it in their cars on the ride home from the show? hihi
I'd get into a car accident, I'd have to just pull over somewhere and just listen to it blasting, (at 3AM)? hihi hihi

ahaha, so would I.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #743 on: October 17, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »

i'm stunned that this is so (if its so.) for one, axl knows he needs to get his record out there to sell tickets. he can't play a nostalgia tour like motley crue because he doesn't have the original members. his band wasn't put together to tour around and play the old tunes-- they were put together to record new music and play that new music (bumblefoot is only in the band to play buckethead's parts.) and these new guys want to play their music, too. they're tired of being called a cover band.? Of course that  opinion could be wrong and that might actually be the real mission of this band... to play the old tunes. ? ?peace peace

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #744 on: October 17, 2006, 11:49:36 PM »

OF COURSE there is no album being released this year..god its been 12 years and some people havent learned their lesson...it will NOT be ou tin 2006 you can guarantee that..it wont be out in 2007 or 2008 or 2009 either..the only way it ever gets released is if axl ggets married then whenever he kicks the bucket his wife releases it
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #745 on: October 17, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

O.k. since a huge majority of people seem to believe it's impossible for the album to come out on December 26th,? that leaves us with just 9 Tuesdays left for an album release.? There's no hint of the release date and not even a sniff as to when the first single may be out. We're two months out and this is the point where most albums do start getting some type of promotion. At least the lead single is hitting radio and? release dates are being announced.? I'm wondering if this is the point where even the most confident and loyal Axl/Gn'R supporters start to? have doubts creep back in?? I mean does it not seem odd to anyone that there si no single yet or at teh very least no knowledge of when said single may hit airwaves?? being two months out and given the history I think this is a major red flag here. Of course it could all change if a single hits radio right away but....other than knowing when the tour starts there has been nothing in regards to any album promotion. I don't care what anybody says Axl and Co. are not this smart to be able to keep EVERYTHING underwraps like this. I mean sometimes no news means there's no news nervous.? So anyone else who was extremely confident of a 2006 release starting to wonder a bit maybe?

I have my doubts as well.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #746 on: October 17, 2006, 11:51:32 PM »

axl needs to make himself an enema to get SLASH and CD out ?rofl rofl rofl rofl
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #747 on: October 18, 2006, 01:08:11 AM »

Personally, I expect a huge, gateway to hell opening press release before the tour in which everything will be revealed. However, if I witness the same setlist that I heard at Hammerstein, I will politely give up on this year.

What if you witness the first show? Same?

I'll give Axl the benefit of the doubt until this tour starts on the 24th.

I've gotta say I think Axl's 24th tour start comment has turned out to be an incredible coincidence.

My show isn't until November. If the setlist remains the same with no annoucement, then the game is over.

The game is over for them this year, or for you period?

game over as in any chance of an album this year.

I would not be shocked if the setlist was the same as the band rolled up the east coast. However, by the time of MSG, there would absolutely have to be some new songs at least thrown in to keep the legitimacy intact.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
poison_urbz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #748 on: October 18, 2006, 01:10:08 AM »

hi everyone, been coming here for years now, first time ive ever posted. well i have my doubts..i work at a walmart and we have a thing called "the wire" where we can check just about anything that you can think of, and i was looking around for new releases and promotions in the electronic department, and CD is nowhere listed from today up to november 28th. soooo, i dunno man...december HAS to be it...ill try to check regularly and let ya know what i find out.

urban
Bono
« Reply #749 on: October 18, 2006, 01:14:03 AM »

hi everyone, been coming here for years now, first time ive ever posted. well i have my doubts..i work at a walmart and we have a thing called "the wire" where we can check just about anything that you can think of, and i was looking around for new releases and promotions in the electronic department, and CD is nowhere listed from today up to november 28th. soooo, i dunno man...december HAS to be it...ill try to check regularly and let ya know what i find out.

urban

I hear ya. I checked at HMV yesterday and they have nothing in their system either.  They usually have things in thier system within 1-2 months of an album release for sure.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #750 on: October 18, 2006, 01:16:25 AM »

I don't have doubts yet - I just think they're incredibly, unbelievably stupid.

Obviously Axl wants to make a big dramatic revelation - well, it's the Internet age, stuff like that doesn't happen anymore. Once a release date is set it will leak fast and already be on the 'net before he has time to make a special appearance on Oprah and jump on the sofa and yell "ROUND TWO!" while he says how much he loves the new Guns. I know he wants to be memorable and dramatic and reveal the date in a special way, but it's not intelligent and it isn't going to work out right. Look how the VMAs backfired with "Round one!" - he thought it was going to be a massive milestone and be a huge event, and it was talked about on the Internet for a week and people moved on. Society is changing.

They're going on a US tour without an album to support (yet) and that's why ticket sales are low.

The reason they are incredibly stupid is because they should have learned from their mistakes in 2002, but once again Axl has surrounded himself with the yes men (Axl, Merck) coming off of a very successful European tour.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Europe is not America. The Guns are not considered legends to the same extent here. They're known for the mainstream hits and in Europe - where they are more liberal and open to grit (Bukowski is hailed as a genius in Europe and trashed by professors in US as "smut") - GN'R have more respect. I went to an obscure beach in Italy and they played GN'R on the jukebox on the beach of Sicily, I was deeply touched. They are held in such high esteem in Europe.

Axl didn't learn anything from the '02 mistakes and he's doing it again.

Most - if not all - November releases have already had release dates set, singles released and early promotion - this is the way of marketing. GN'R may be unorthodox but that doesn't mean they can rise above the rest and abandon normal procedure for the hell of it. If they don't get the ball rolling within a week they are fucked.

And I'm saying this as a fan who loves Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose and cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. And I've had nothing but support for Axl the past three years I've been posting on GN'R forums. But it's about time somebody knocks some fucking sense into him and gets his ass moving.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #751 on: October 18, 2006, 01:19:40 AM »

I'd also like to point out I work at Barnes & Noble and search often for "Chinese Democracy." I searched again today with no results. We already have all of our November release titles confirmed with only a few as "tentative" dates (i.e. "estimated"). We have floor plans and assigned slots for the albums on the shelves. So if this album is coming out in November, they need to release a date within the next week or no merchandisers are going to be able to even schedule the thing for stock - it's going to wind up being a last-minute shipment, and it won't be modeled for the new release slots or promotions, meaning many vendors will be forced to "make room" for it and shove it into other slots. It will not achieve the full potential as it would if Axl would give a fucking date and let companies schedule it in advance.
Bono
« Reply #752 on: October 18, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »

I don't have doubts yet - I just think they're incredibly, unbelievably stupid.

Obviously Axl wants to make a big dramatic revelation - well, it's the Internet age, stuff like that doesn't happen anymore. Once a release date is set it will leak fast and already be on the 'net before he has time to make a special appearance on Oprah and jump on the sofa and yell "ROUND TWO!" while he says how much he loves the new Guns. I know he wants to be memorable and dramatic and reveal the date in a special way, but it's not intelligent and it isn't going to work out right. Look how the VMAs backfired with "Round one!" - he thought it was going to be a massive milestone and be a huge event, and it was talked about on the Internet for a week and people moved on. Society is changing.

They're going on a US tour without an album to support (yet) and that's why ticket sales are low.

The reason they are incredibly stupid is because they should have learned from their mistakes in 2002, but once again Axl has surrounded himself with the yes men (Axl, Merck) coming off of a very successful European tour.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Europe is not America. The Guns are not considered legends to the same extent here. They're known for the mainstream hits and in Europe - where they are more liberal and open to grit (Bukowski is hailed as a genius in Europe and trashed by professors in US as "smut") - GN'R have more respect. I went to an obscure beach in Italy and they played GN'R on the jukebox on the beach of Sicily, I was deeply touched. They are held in such high esteem in Europe.

Axl didn't learn anything from the '02 mistakes and he's doing it again.

Most - if not all - November releases have already had release dates set, singles released and early promotion - this is the way of marketing. GN'R may be unorthodox but that doesn't mean they can rise above the rest and abandon normal procedure for the hell of it. If they don't get the ball rolling within a week they are fucked.

And I'm saying this as a fan who loves Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose and cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. And I've had nothing but support for Axl the past three years I've been posting on GN'R forums. But it's about time somebody knocks some fucking sense into him and gets his ass moving.

ok Right On! Well said RR. I mean if the album is coming out this year they are going about it in a really stupid way. If it doesn't come out this year they flat out lied to the fans. Either way it's not looking good. It's just too odd the way this is going down. ? You're so right about November releases being promoted already. U2's new snigle with Greenday(The Saints are Coming) has been on radio for 3 weeks now and the ?Greatest Hits album doesn't come out till November 21st. ?All that said I'm hoping....

clam before the storm, calm before the storm, calm before the storm. Undecided
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #753 on: October 18, 2006, 01:32:23 AM »

Im tired of hearing people complain about no annoucement and no single.? Listen if Axl wasn't serious he wouldn't party at Korn's album party he wouldn't be hanging out at the Soprano's party there would be no warm up shows in New York.? Also im pretty sure there wouldn't of been a European Tour that lasted 3 months.

There wouldn't be a Official Tour Pic Thread, and a Axl pic thread full of new photo's out in public.? GUN'S N ROSES ARE SERIOUS !!!! just have some? PATIENCE and wait there will be a announcement soon this isn't 2002 this band has gelled together and are hitting notes that they couldn't a few years back.? There is no doubt in my mind that everybodys christmas list will have Chinese Democracy at number 1 and also on the Billboard Charts.

for a guy to have been missing for a decade and all of sudden has a new look new clothes and making headlines either with Tommy Hilfiger or biting a security guard.? There is no chance in hell that Axl is gonna blow it this time.

Hang in there I know I come to this site and mtv.com hoping to see a headline but in the next two weeks those dreams will come true.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 01:34:33 AM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #754 on: October 18, 2006, 01:36:57 AM »

The shit clocks ticking and there's going to be a shitquake of 7.0 on the shicterscale if we don't have a CD announcement and radio single by the 24th.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #755 on: October 18, 2006, 01:39:30 AM »

GN'R are legends in the United States too... but that's of course if you're talking about Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc.

New band. No album. More concert cancellations. And a recent history of being unable to tour North America. These things all hurt.

Axl and mgmt. need to cut the crap. The leaks are awesome. Put a single out. Release an album and tour your ass off. Period.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Bono
« Reply #756 on: October 18, 2006, 01:45:39 AM »

Im tired of hearing people complain about no annoucement and no single.? Listen if Axl wasn't serious he wouldn't party at Korn's album party he wouldn't be hanging out at the Soprano's party there would be no warm up shows in New York.? Also im pretty sure there wouldn't of been a European Tour that lasted 3 months.

There wouldn't be a Official Tour Pic Thread, and a Axl pic thread full of new photo's out in public.? GUN'S N ROSES ARE SERIOUS !!!! just have some? PATIENCE and wait there will be a announcement soon this isn't 2002 this band has gelled together and are hitting notes that they couldn't a few years back.? There is no doubt in my mind that everybodys christmas list will have Chinese Democracy at number 1 and also on the Billboard Charts.

for a guy to have been missing for a decade and all of sudden has a new look new clothes and making headlines either with Tommy Hilfiger or biting a security guard.? There is no chance in hell that Axl is gonna blow it this time.

Hang in there I know I come to this site and mtv.com hoping to see a headline but in the next two weeks those dreams will come true.

Yeah well the fact is we've all had plenty of patience(that pun is getting so old) and now at the 11th hour we are still in the dark and there's no reason to believe other than a few "promises" that things are gonna be any different now than they were in 2002.  I'm not saying that to whine but let's get real here. Yes the European tour was  a big sucess but disregarding everything else because of 3 months of  an AFD tour and because Axl is partying(how that makes him serious is beyond me) is lame. It's time for these guys to buck up. ANNOUNCE somthing already. Fans are startig to worry because as always the band seems to disregard us and leaves us in the dark. Fans at this point have every reason to be worried and doubtful and skeptical. It shows in the other thread how now, more than every, it's a commonly shared feeling among members here.  Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, untill proven otherwise it's a major red flag the way the band is going about buisness right now.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #757 on: October 18, 2006, 01:46:49 AM »

I agree with this guy.. you people should chill out.

We've been promised the album.. and I totally buy it. I'd be very surprised if they bailed this year.

But for now.. chill. Theres nothing you can do right now but wait.

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #758 on: October 18, 2006, 01:47:18 AM »

Announce something and make all the doubt go away..............

Personally I don't care that much. I think it's around the corner, but not holding my breath. Just let it be.

In the meantime I'm going to see them live two more times and watch them on youtube etc. Sounds cool to me.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #759 on: October 18, 2006, 01:55:44 AM »

GN'R are legends in the United States too... but that's of course if you're talking about Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc.

New band. No album. More concert cancellations. And a recent history of being unable to tour North America. These things all hurt.

Axl and mgmt. need to cut the crap. The leaks are awesome. Put a single out. Release an album and tour your ass off. Period.

They're still not legends to the extent that they are in Europe. Greatest Hits sold great everywhere but exceptionally well overseas. I think in the US GN'R got lumped in with "hair metal" and "'80s metal" but in Europe they're considered rock legends in the vein of Queen, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, etc. - not to say they're similar to all these bands but they are RESPECTED far more as musicians than in the US. Just my own observation from having lived both places.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: