Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170605 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »

Bono, I think you and I are the only 2 here that think it could come out 12-26. I still think it may just be Axl's way of fucking with us. Make us wait til the very last tuesday of 06. I know Axl probably doesn't really get to set the release date, but hell, at this point the label may be willing to release it when he wants, just so they can get the damn thing out!

The last 2 GnR releases weren't announced until just about 1 month prior (Live Era and GH). If there's nothing news-wise by 11-15 then i'll have lost hope for an 06 release.
EFISH
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2006, 09:27:26 PM »

Yeah but alot of people know that CD might be released this year (thanks rollingstone for the free advertising! Grin) so people have their eyes open for it...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2006, 09:30:37 PM »

first merck said there were 13 tuesdays till the end of this year and later he said 11 tuesdays before christmas.

it's getting closer. Is that why some people are acting funny? Roll Eyes

Now with the 21st Nov crossed out, we have only 8 tuesdays.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »

first merck said there were 13 tuesdays till the end of this year and later he said 11 tuesdays before christmas.

it's getting closer. Is that why some people are acting funny? Roll Eyes

Now with the 21st Nov crossed out, we have only 8 tuesdays.

but if they obviously have a time range set accoring to merck, they have to announce it soon..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »

but?

So we can't relish guessing, no more. Undecided
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #705 on: October 17, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

Bono, I think you and I are the only 2 here that think it could come out 12-26. I still think it may just be Axl's way of fucking with us. Make us wait til the very last tuesday of 06. I know Axl probably doesn't really get to set the release date, but hell, at this point the label may be willing to release it when he wants, just so they can get the damn thing out!

The last 2 GnR releases weren't announced until just about 1 month prior (Live Era and GH). If there's nothing news-wise by 11-15 then i'll have lost hope for an 06 release.

The problem with that guess/prediction is that GN'R had a press release saying there are so and so number of Tuesday's left BEFORE CHRISTMAS. The initial press release said 13 Tuesdays left in the year, and the next one mentioned "before Christmas." That's an indication that it's planned to be out before Christmas.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #706 on: October 17, 2006, 10:08:03 PM »

The problem with that guess/prediction is that GN'R had a press release saying there are so and so number of Tuesday's left BEFORE CHRISTMAS. The initial press release said 13 Tuesdays left in the year, and the next one mentioned "before Christmas." That's an indication that it's planned to be out before Christmas.

In 2006 they said. 13 in 2006.

Why am I even responding to this?

If it's not out this year, there are 50 Teusdays left in 2007!!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #707 on: October 17, 2006, 10:09:07 PM »

It is not as much doubt as fear of disappointment. I have seen them live in 92', and most recently at the second club date in NYC. Now I have tickets to the November 10th Madison Square Garden concert. If there is no release date in sight by then and it is a rehashing of the most recent sets, I will give up on them... I will tell myself, " Appetite for Destruction" was a great album and then something went terribly wrong.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #708 on: October 17, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »

There's 52 weeks in a year, which means 52 Tuesdays.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #709 on: October 17, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »

Not necessarily. Weeks don't start exactly on schedule, but anyway, if I'm wrong on next year's Teusday's we missed a couple. The release was to happen on one of them, things don't always go as planned in the GNR world.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #710 on: October 17, 2006, 10:14:33 PM »

Not necessarily. Weeks don't start exactly on schedule, but anyway, if I'm wrong on next year's Teusday's we missed a couple. The release was to happen on one of them, things don't always go as planned in the GNR world.

January 2nd is the first Tuesday of 2007. But that's beside the point.

I'm just saying that it'll either be released before Christmas or not at all in 2006.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #711 on: October 17, 2006, 10:18:25 PM »

is it possible that they will release the album with no advanced warning or announcement? just a surprise?? i don't know why, but i have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #712 on: October 17, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »

The CD has to be shipped to record stores first, so that scenario above ^^^ isn't likely. Someone at a record store will see the shipment then let the cat out of the bag.

Bono
« Reply #713 on: October 17, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »

Question.

Does anyone know of ANY band that has kept quite about a release date and then released the album 2 months or less from that date once they do announce it??

People keep saying it can be done but I just cant remember of any band that has went this route.

The only band I can think of was U2 when they released Zooropa. Off the top of my head I can't recall the exact time frame but I believe the album was written, recorded and released all within a matter of 4 months with little to no promotion. They did all thsi durringa ?reak I think on their Zoo TV tour. Now keep in kind this album was a shock to fans and completely unexpected. Chinese Democracy is anything but. They will NOT limit promotion for fear of piracy. That to me is a ridiculous idea. To hold back on the promo becasu they're scared it will get illegally downlaoded woudl be foolish becasue there si no stopping that n matter what they do. They're only hurting CD by limiting their promotional time before it' release. Aside form it beinga ?surprise, ?Chinese Democracy is setting up to be released in the same vain Zooropa was. Durring mid tour with little to no promotion. ?Bono has made comments saying he feels the material on Zooropa is some of the band's most underrated material and it was never really given the attention promotional wise that it likely deserved. So ?keeping that in mind ?it's crazy to me to think that Gn'R are going about this the way they are.

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #714 on: October 17, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »

The CD has to be shipped to record stores first, so that scenario above ^^^ isn't likely. Someone at a record store will see the shipment then let the cat out of the bag.

that makes sense. ?i guess i was hoping it would be like a return to childhood, and Christmas morning. ?lol Tongue

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #715 on: October 17, 2006, 10:28:04 PM »

There MIGHT be some last minutes recordings, or some last touch, like you know, a student who would get some last minutes lessons before the big exam. Give them the time to finish the record. A good job is a finished job. I believe they will be ready soon.

maybe BBF is recording something, he said something about being recording in L.A in a PM, but didnt say if it was for GUNS N ROSES
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #716 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:13 PM »

Maybe a very loose "plan", but that's it. Nothing initial.

You don't set up a second chinese democracy world tour on loose speculation and maybes. It probably went down like this: Axl felt he would be able to wrap it up earlier this year. Goes to Europe to warm up, scheduels american dates in late september, thinking the record will be done around then. Decides he's not going to be able to make it in that timeframe, the dates get pushed back. A new deadline is set, neither this one is met. 2 more shows pushed back.  Merck says there will be a press release last friday, doesn't happen. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

Axl said at the VMA's that the tour would start on October 24th. Well, guess what? The tour is starting on October 24th.  It apparently took several weeks to straighten out the scheduling among the band reps and promoters.

There is no evidence that the album has been pushed back from any privately held release date in 06.

Personally, I expect a huge, gateway to hell opening press release before the tour in which everything will be revealed. However, if I witness the same setlist that I heard at Hammerstein, I will politely give up on this year.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
fixintodie
« Reply #717 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:40 PM »

is it possible that they will release the album with no advanced warning or announcement? just a surprise?? i don't know why, but i have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

The only way that could realistically happen, is digitally I.E. via I-tunes or a pay-for-download from GNR.com. Then it could come at a moments notice. But to only make this album available by mp3 would be ridiculous so...yeah.

Maybe they could ship it in a fake sleeve...I don't know.
Bono
« Reply #718 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:31 PM »

Personally, I expect a huge, gateway to hell opening press release before the tour in which everything will be revealed. However, if I witness the same setlist that I heard at Hammerstein, I will politely give up on this year.

I too will be extremely dissapointed if I hear the same set on December 6th and 7th in Edmonton and Calgary as I did in New York at Hammerstein. If the album isn't out by then I'm affraid that's exactly what I'm gonna get.

yeah, yeah I know some people aren't even fortunate enough to see them once let alone 3 times and I should be grateful for what I get. Save it. I had a glass of water today and becasue some people aren't fortunate enough to have one should I not crave a second?  Harsh analogy but I could already see the responses telling me to be happy with what I get  so...

killingvector my second paragraph here was not directed at you. Just at the inevitable responses from whoever. peace
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #719 on: October 17, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »

I'll give Axl the benefit of the doubt until this tour starts on the 24th.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: