Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170521 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #680 on: October 17, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

Maybe a very loose "plan", but that's it. Nothing initial.

You don't set up a second chinese democracy world tour on loose speculation and maybes. It probably went down like this: Axl felt he would be able to wrap it up earlier this year. Goes to Europe to warm up, scheduels american dates in late september, thinking the record will be done around then. Decides he's not going to be able to make it in that timeframe, the dates get pushed back. A new deadline is set, neither this one is met. 2 more shows pushed back. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

Hey man, I wouldn't have gone out on a tour named that the first time around...

But I digress. Be happy (and hopefull) that somehow something gets released during the tour, or between legs (if there's a second leg, which would be next year) and things somehow work out for this album ?Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DarkStar
« Reply #681 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »

That is not what is happening.

Then what is?

Indeed. Last time I checked, Merck told Jarmo to expect a press release on the pertinent issue of dates being pushed back, and then...

*tumbleweed blows by*
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #682 on: October 17, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »

Hey, I'm happy man. I just like to analyze the situation on based on what I feel is logic. It would be pretty damn strange if Axl is gonna pull a '02 on us again, so I'm positive. But then again, you never know with this guy Roll Eyes

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Steel_Angel
« Reply #683 on: October 17, 2006, 09:14:16 PM »

efish, the album isnt finished, just 6 or 7 songs are. you remember the articles of the head of geffen or someshit that heard a few songs ?drool
guns_n_motley
« Reply #684 on: October 17, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »

efish, the album isnt finished, just 6 or 7 songs are. you remember the articles of the head of geffen or someshit that heard a few songs ?drool

um no, its finished...
EFISH
« Reply #685 on: October 17, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »

efish, the album isnt finished, just 6 or 7 songs are. you remember the articles of the head of geffen or someshit that heard a few songs  drool

If 6,7 songs were finished, then GNR wouldnt have been so active this year. I know you say the management are idiots, but they know what they're doing.. There not going to go through all of this and risk it.

It's ready, and it'll come out....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #686 on: October 17, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

If 6,7 songs were finished, then GNR wouldnt have been so active this year. I know you say the management are idiots, but they know what they're doing.. There not going to go through all of this and risk it.

I guess they wouldn't be so active in '02 either then. It's not ready, it never has been. It may be closer now than ever, but it ain't set in stone.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #687 on: October 17, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »

Hey, I'm happy man. I just like to analyze the situation on based on what I feel is logic. It would be pretty damn strange if Axl is gonna pull a '02 on us again, so I'm positive. But then again, you never know with this guy Roll Eyes

I'm not trying to get on your or anyone else's nerves here, but it's really the only way I can look at it. I'll be glad when and if it ever comes out. And if i go to a show, I hope it's good.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #688 on: October 17, 2006, 09:18:23 PM »

Yes the doubts are starting to creep in.  Hopefully next week we'll have something concrete.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #689 on: October 17, 2006, 09:19:13 PM »

i'd be stunned if things don't start happening. i'll be stunned when they do happen. i'm trying to set myself up against disappointment again but i'll admit i let some speculations here last friday get me thinking, for the millionth time, 'this is the day. it really is.' its the nature of being a gnr fan... like how it used to be for red sox fans.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #690 on: October 17, 2006, 09:19:51 PM »

efish, the album isnt finished, just 6 or 7 songs are. you remember the articles of the head of geffen or someshit that heard a few songs? drool

just a question, im not taking sides, but do you know this as a fact or something??
EFISH
« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2006, 09:21:50 PM »

efish, the album isnt finished, just 6 or 7 songs are. you remember the articles of the head of geffen or someshit that heard a few songs  drool

just a question, im not taking sides, but do you know this as a fact or something??
Are you talking about me saying itll come out, or Frozen saying that the guy heard 6-7 songs.

If youre talking to me, I'm no insider.. just speculation.. but what I really feel will happen..

If youre talking to Frozen... that was posted somewhere like 3 months ago, and it means NOTHING.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »

I guess they wouldn't be so active in '02 either then. It's not ready, it never has been. It may be closer now than ever, but it ain't set in stone.

i think it was basically done in 02 (axl just about said so) and then all of a sudden he changed his position and soon was not the word. something happened during the tour... or something... that changed his mind. i hope someday we find out about all the different incarnations of this album and the different plans they had for it.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #693 on: October 17, 2006, 09:23:15 PM »

i think it was basically done in 02 (axl just about said so) and then all of a sudden he changed his position and soon was not the word. something happened during the tour... or something... that changed his mind. i hope someday we find out about all the different incarnations of this album and the different plans they had for it.

I just want them to get it out first..
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

I've believed for some time that when the album's released, it will be on short notice.  This will be done to minimize the impact of bootlegging and piracy.  I don't think they're going to market this as a typical album because it's not a typical album.  The amount of hype behind Chinese Democracy will ensure that there will be a big first week no matter what the promotion is like.  It doesn't need a multi-million dollar marketing blitz with a video and a single in heavy rotation to sell.  The meida will be all over it and there will be plenty of free publicity.  The album will sell a lot of records the first week even with minimal promotion based on hype alone.  Now the album will need some successful singles and strong word of mouth to maintain sales, but there will be so much free promotion from the press when the release date is announced even if it's just a week or two in advance that the album will have a very strong debut
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2006, 09:24:26 PM »

The album is finished.

If it's not, there's no hope for them. Take 'em out back, and shoot the broke leg horse...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2006, 09:24:45 PM »

I think everyone on this board would agree the thing is more than ready enough if we heard it, and probably has been for years. It's just that Axl probably always finds something he feels he can improve, especially when an initial release is closing in on him.

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »

whatever the case, it is not looking good for gnr...i'd hate to say it, but it seems pretty obvious at this point that we won't see this album in 2006....
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »

Question.

Does anyone know of ANY band that has kept quite about a release date and then released the album 2 months or less from that date once they do announce it??

People keep saying it can be done but I just cant remember of any band that has went this route.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:27:42 PM by mahimahi23 » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »

whatever the case, it is not looking good for gnr...i'd hate to say it, but it seems pretty obvious at this point that we won't see this album in 2006....

I wouldnt say obvious, but if the US tour starts and no mention, Im banking on it not coming out this year..
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: