Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170540 times)
Bono
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52:43 PM »

There's already been countless threads just today on the subject that have been deleted.

That's a shame. I was wondering how it could be possible that noone had started a thread on such a ?topic. Embarassing that the Gn'R fans who support the band are not allowed to share their feelings on this subject. Nobody's trashing, nobody's bashing. We're just tyring to figure out what is really going on here. Huh?
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2006, 08:53:35 PM »

We all wanna know is all..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
flickn
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »

Exactly merck will pm jarmo to delete this one , and indeed he will . this is fucking sad , I feel sad for people who have my plane arrangements max out their credit cards , when to see them live in europe on the premises of a album coming out in 2007 , and the water is to clam to even think about a album or successful tour working
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »

I have a little bit of doubt. I think it will be out by the end of '06, but I won't be sold until I have it in my hands. All I really care about though, is that I get to see them in Worcester. As long as they play that show, everything else is gravy.
fixintodie
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

Wait while the tour starts - the band are probably busy rehearsing and getting ready for the big push. It will be much harder to maintain a silence about the album once the band is on tour and back in the public eye. Fingers crossed. ?ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:50 PM »

The record is not finished yet, that's why there's no promotion, release date or single. Universal ain't gonna commit until they know for sure they'll be able to release it.

And if this is true, which it could be, why not make some cash if you can by touring? Especially when Axl seems up to it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »

exactly merck will pm jarmo to dlete this one , and indeed he will . this is fucking sad , i feel sad for people who have my plane arrnagements max out their credit cards , when to see them live in europe on the premises of a album comiing out in 2007 , and the water is to clam to even think about a album or successful tour working

And we all know the easiest way to get rid of these kind of threads is to let the hardcore fans in on what's going on. I'm not asking for a date or anything specific, but rather an explanation to why their not able to give us the date. Like I've said before, I believe the reason is because the record ain't finished, but I want to know for sure.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2006, 08:59:35 PM »

There MIGHT be some last minutes recordings, or some last touch, like you know, a student who would get some last minutes lessons before the big exam. Give them the time to finish the record. A good job is a finished job. I believe they will be ready soon.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:01:27 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »

And if this is true, which it could be, why not make some cash if you can by touring? Especially when Axl seems up to it.

True, but when the initial plan was to tour with the support of a new album the situation becomes complicated. There are limits to what the the GN'R name can withstand of negative press and opinion.

EFISH
« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2006, 09:00:11 PM »

exactly merck will pm jarmo to dlete this one , and indeed he will . this is fucking sad , i feel sad for people who have my plane arrnagements max out their credit cards , when to see them live in europe on the premises of a album comiing out in 2007 , and the water is to clam to even think about a album or successful tour working

And we all know the easiest way to get rid of these kind of threads is to let the hardcore fans in on what's going on. I'm not asking for a date or anything specific, but rather an explanation to why their not able to give us the date. Like I've said before, I believe the reason is because the record ain't finished, but I want to know for sure.

Thats bulloks man, the record is deffintly finished....
Everyone should know that by now..

Bono, youre probably right.. this is the calm before the storm....

I can just imagine the boards once the date is announced, total maddness!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #670 on: October 17, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »

I'm not asking for a date or anything specific, but rather an explanation to why their not able to give us the date. Like I've said before, I believe the reason is because the record ain't finished, but I want to know for sure.

Would this really help you, really? You're not gonna get an in depth answer, you know that.

And you still won't have an album anyways, and that's what many ?(if not most) of us here want.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #671 on: October 17, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »

I never believed it to begin with
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #672 on: October 17, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »

Thats bulloks man, the record is deffintly finished....
Everyone should know that by now..

Bono, youre probably right.. this is the calm before the storm....

I can just imagine the boards once the date is announced, total maddness!!!

If the record is finished, why is there no release date? The date is set by the record company, not Axl. And the wise thing in a business perspective is to put it out as soon as possible. The shareholders ain't rich because they're stupid.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #673 on: October 17, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

True, but when the initial plan was to tour with the support of a new album the situation becomes complicated. There are limits to what the the GN'R name can withstand of negative press and opinion.

Maybe a very loose "plan", but that's it. Nothing initial.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #674 on: October 17, 2006, 09:02:36 PM »

I don't believe that they will rush an album out that's been at least 10 years in the making, with no promotion, build up or anything. So unless something is said or leaked really soon, I think we may be looking at next year. The only reason to not announce anything is that it isn't ready.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
DarkStar
« Reply #675 on: October 17, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »

I just want some fucking communication - Not overzealous "X Arena SOLD OUT!!" press releases and videos of 20 year old songs on the official website.

Granted, what we've gotten is better than nothing - But not really. Anyone remotely satisfied with those kind of "updates" is remarkably easy to please at this point in the (very, very overlong) game, and I wish to subscribe to their newsletter.

Suffice to say, I will not buy a ticket to support this band until they justify their presence by doing something other than an Appetite For Nostalgia tour.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #676 on: October 17, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »

I just want some fucking communication - Not overzealous "X Arena SOLD OUT!!" press releases and videos of 20 year old songs on the official website.

Granted, what we've gotten is better than nothing - But not really.

Some of you have to learn how to be happy with what you get, that's it. And expect nothing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:07:44 PM by the dirt » Logged

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #677 on: October 17, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »

You don't set up a second chinese democracy world tour on loose speculation and maybes. It probably went down like this: Axl felt he would be able to wrap it up earlier this year. Goes to Europe to warm up, scheduels american dates in late september, thinking the record will be done around then. Decides he's not going to be able to make it in that timeframe, the dates get pushed back. A new deadline is set, neither this one is met. 2 more shows pushed back.  Merck says there will be a press release last friday, doesn't happen. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

EFISH
« Reply #678 on: October 17, 2006, 09:07:52 PM »

You don't set up a second chinese democracy world tour on loose speculation and maybes. It probably went down like this: Axl felt he would be able to wrap it up earlier this year. Goes to Europe to warm up, scheduels american dates in late september, thinking the record will be done around then. Decides he's not going to be able to make it in that timeframe, the dates get pushed back. A new deadline is set, neither this one is met. 2 more shows pushed back. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

That is not what is happening.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #679 on: October 17, 2006, 09:08:49 PM »

That is not what is happening.

Then what is?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: