Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 09:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170490 times)
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2006, 07:06:09 PM »

Yeah but sales for the first show in Sunrise or looking pretty solid.  He might get away with a week or so of dates without releasing the album but not the whole tour. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2006, 07:08:30 PM »

The release date AND a single would help. A single on the radio could garner more interest in the tour.  I don't think people are going to go to the show just because there is some date announced, many people wouldn't believe the date anyway.  But if "Better" were rocking the airwaves....watch out!  weeeeeeeeeeeeee

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2006, 07:10:35 PM »

Yeah but sales for the first show in Sunrise or looking pretty solid.? He might get away with a week or so of dates without releasing the album but not the whole tour.?

The album could in theory be released after the tour, but a release date has to be made early and a single has to be out atleast midway.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2006, 07:13:35 PM »

I'm not going to say the album will or will not come out, because truly, none of us know, but as far as competition...think about what's out right now for pure rock and roll....NOTHING. If Chinese Democracy came out tomorrow, it would do well because rock and roll CD's these days are nill. And if it came out on the same day as Jay-Z's new CD it would still sell well because there are 2 different audiences who buy those albums.
Yes, that's lovely, there are two seperate audiences, but unforuntately, ChiDem's audience is smaller than Jay-Z's. Opening in second place is unacceptable; the media will talk it up into a battle of the comeback albums, GN'R will lose out, and it'll create negative buzz. This must not happen. I'd still go along with a November 14th release, but it's an awfully tight window for promotion...

SG

Opening up in 2nd place is a loss?!? I think not! Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day album opened up 2nd to Disturbed's 10,000 Fists. Did Bon Jovi lose? I think not, they've sold tons of more copies of the albums and played to huge arenas in support of the CD.

If Guns N' Roses opens in 2nd, it means nothing except another CD sold better. First week sales don't mean anything. In the music industry, it's longevity
But it didn't take Bon Jovi 15 years to release a new record of original material. Don't you understand?! Angry If an album that has drained Axl's 30s and early 40s away is beaten (chartwise) by an album that has taken maybe a year to two years to make, negative press will be created. I don't want Axl to deal with that shit. I want, for once, for the public to understand that Axl's vision is one that can attain success.

Although, you're correct in one sense; it's longevity that matters the most.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2006, 07:22:29 PM »

I said in a different thread last night that this "comeback" is being totally handled like GNR and its camp are a bunch of amateurs. For christ's sake, Def Leppard and Journey are touring together with new CDs out and selling out shows. If they can do it, so can GNR. But, god damn, say something already besides "there are 13 Tuesdays left this year." Well, now there's a lot less than that.

charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

i don't think axl is oblivious to reality, either. that's why i have faith. that's why i still believe tomorrow will be the day when the truth is revealed (and so on.) chinese democracy coming out will get a lot of press. good press, bad press, cynical press, excited press. real press.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #646 on: October 17, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

"there are 13 Tuesdays left this year."

they're just sugar coating it, its like saying '2005 is the year for guns n roses'... oh wait..
Bono
« Reply #647 on: October 17, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »

O.k. since a huge majority of people seem to believe it's impossible for the album to come out on December 26th,  that leaves us with just 9 Tuesdays left for an album release.  There's no hint of the release date and not even a sniff as to when the first single may be out. We're two months out and thsi is the point where most albums do start getting some type of promotion. At least the lead single is hitting radio and  release dates are being announced.  I'm wondering if this is the point where even the most confident and loyal Axl/Gn'R supporters start to  have doubts creep back in?  I mean does it not seem odd to anyone that there si no single yet or at teh very least no knowledge of when said single may hit airwaves?  being two months out and given the history I think this is a major red flag here. Of course it could all change if a single hits radio right away but....other than knowing when the tour starts there has been nothing in regards to any album promotion. I don't care what anybody says Axl and Co. are not this smart to be able to keep EVERYTHING underwraps like this. I mean sometimes no news means there's no news nervous.  So anyone else who was extremely confident of a 2006 release starting to wonder a bit maybe?

EFISH
« Reply #648 on: October 17, 2006, 08:41:11 PM »

I am not having any doubts at all yet. It is very easy for them to unleash all of this within the next 2 weeks. If 3 weeks from today, we are in the empty, then I will lose alot of hope.. but until that time, I am very sure that this is still the year!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #649 on: October 17, 2006, 08:45:09 PM »

I am not having any doubts at all yet. It is very easy for them to unleash all of this within the next 2 weeks. If 3 weeks from today, we are in the empty, then I will lose alot of hope.. but until that time, I am very sure that this is still the year!

I give it 2 weeks.  That's one week into the US tour.  If there is no word of anything by that time, then I will be very very skeptical (already slightly skeptical as it is) that we'll see CD in 2006.  At least I'll hope by then that the album won't be rushed out to make the 2006 target because I want some real promotion and a single and stuff.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »

I've been very static with my feelings of doubt/hope, whatever, now for a long time.

So essentially, I feel the same.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »

It is Axl, so I'm not getting my hopes down comparing the situation with what a normal person would do. I'm positive atleast until the tour begins, and probably a week or so after that. But off course, if 3 weeks go by and still nothing's happened we will always be able to come up with a new crazy theory making it feasible for the album to surface before the years end Grin

EFISH
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:48 PM »

I give it 2 weeks.  That's one week into the US tour.  If there is no word of anything by that time, then I will be very very skeptical (already slightly skeptical as it is) that we'll see CD in 2006.  At least I'll hope by then that the album won't be rushed out to make the 2006 target because I want some real promotion and a single and stuff.

Hell, I want it A.S.A.P!
And having it out fast after the release date won't hurt it that much...
And even if it's an early 2007 release, I think it'd still be good to atleast have the release date announced soon because otherwise just imagine all the media and stuff nervous
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »

the fact there is still no "single" and still no "official" release date for the cd i have major doubts about this ?rant
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »

Are doubts starting to creep back in?

Yup ?nervous

If its gonna start... It'd better be quick!!
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47:37 PM »

I honestly don't know what to think anymore.. I've constantly been saying for years that "this is the year" blah blah blah and it hasn't happened yet..

Seeing as how they're pushing shows back as well, it kind of scares me.. I'm just thankful I at least got to see them this year..

-Dave

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2006, 08:48:46 PM »

No - I'm cool right now, quite relax? Cool

However if nothing happens in the next 10 days (end of next week), then I will start to doubt about an 06 release.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 08:56:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Bono
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »

That's the thing EFISH. Maybe all this defining silence before the tour is a "calm before the storm", I hope so but nobody can deny the fact that it's officially "go time". ?I'm just trying to wrap my head aroudn why after working on thsi album for so long it looks(at this point in time) that the promotion for CD is gonna be very standard and likely minimal. I also find it strange that they are so hush hush about the relase date. Simply making the official announcement would be huge news and start a whirl wind of promo in itself. ?

Also I'm wondering if now that we are only two months out does a December 26th release date seem more likely than it did before even if it's still an extremely remote possibility or not at all in the eyes of some.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »

There's already been countless threads just today on the subject that have been deleted.

Axl is God.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »

I'm just trying to wrap my head aroudn why after working on thsi album for so long it looks(at this point in time) that the promotion for CD is gonna be very standard and likely minimal. I also find it strange that they are so hush hush about the relase date. Simply making the official announcement would be huge news and start a whirl wind of promo in itself. ?

Also I'm wondering if now that we are only two months out does a December 26th release date seem more likely than it did before even if it's still an extremely remote possibility or not at all in the eyes of some.

The record is not finished yet, that's why there's no promotion, release date or single. Universal ain't gonna commit until they know for sure they'll be able to release it.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: