Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170462 times)
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #580 on: October 16, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

Hopefully, although I'm not so enthusiastic about it   Undecided

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2006, 02:18:36 AM »

Hello everyone....  I don't doubt the album will come out sometime within the next year, hopefully.  But at this point it seems commercially stupid to put out the album.  No promotion now means that the album couldn't drop for over a month. 

Mix it with post-xmas and also Jay-Z competition... there's not much of a window for this thing to drop.
With a $13 million dollar album in the wait for 15 years... there's no problem for the record company to push it back a few months.

Axl finally said he'd come back and play shows this year, and he did.  I went to one show in SF.  However, he didn't come on at 9:30 like he said he would; he came on hours later.  He said we'd have an album and I believe him.  Just not in the time he said.

Anyone have similar thoughts? Why or why not?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:33:53 AM by phi_kai_phi » Logged
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »

I have no similar thoughts.

bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2006, 02:24:04 AM »

Why the hell is everyone so afraid of Jay Z... christ, release it whenever. I don't care who else buys it... I just want some new music already.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2006, 02:25:49 AM »

Why the hell is everyone so afraid of Jay Z... christ, release it whenever. I don't care who else buys it... I just want some new music already.

I don't think anyone's afraid of that fat-lipped moron.... I think that the issue is that the record company "needs" to have GNR at #1 and know it's an unnecessary risk to have the release near his.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2006, 02:30:46 AM »

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2006, 02:34:27 AM »

Hello everyone....? I don't doubt the album will come out sometime within the next year, hopefully.? But at this point it seems commercially stupid to put out the album.? No promotion now means that the album couldn't drop for over a month.?

Mix it with post-xmas and also Jay-Z competition... there's not much of a window for this thing to drop.
With a $13 million dollar album in the wait for 15 years... there's no problem for the record company to push it back a few months.

Axl finally said he'd come back and play shows this year, and he did.? I went to one show in SF.? However, he didn't come on at 9:30 like he said he would; he came on hours later.? He said we'd have an album and I believe him.? Just not in the time he said.

Anyone have similar thoughts?

Who died and made you Merck? hihi

We don't really have a breaking point as Gn'R Fans. If the album doesn't come out til 2012 we will still be here every year, yelling CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!

What I can see is an obessed Guns fan breaking into Geffen/Interscope/Sanctuary and refusing to leave until he is allowed to listen to ChiDem.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2006, 02:34:51 AM »

Mr.Intensity, gnr2006... Why not?  Blind faith?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2006, 02:36:35 AM »

Hello everyone....? I don't doubt the album will come out sometime within the next year, hopefully.? But at this point it seems commercially stupid to put out the album.? No promotion now means that the album couldn't drop for over a month.?

Axl finally said he'd come back and play shows this year, and he did.? I went to one show in SF.? However, he didn't come on at 9:30 like he said he would; he came on hours later.? He said we'd have an album and I believe him.? Just not in the time he said.

Wasn't it Axl, who said the album would drop with no real notice?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2006, 02:36:55 AM »

I think it will come out Spring 07 simply cause time is running out.

Its already October 17th, Unless a single is released in the next 2 weeks, there just wont be time to release an album the way other artists release it.

Maybe Axl has a new strategy and I hope he does as I am bored of the current format artists use to release records.

We have about 11 weeks left in this year though, so something has to happen very very soon.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2006, 02:40:37 AM »

They probably won't be #1 for long regardless... they're almost a cult band right now. GnR has its internet following, and thats about it. The album will never live up to financial expectations.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2006, 02:40:48 AM »

Mr.Intensity, gnr2006... Why not?? Blind faith?

blind faith or defeatism?

whatev' floats your boat I say..

my faith is not blind...

T.T.
?.?.
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2006, 02:41:08 AM »

i am not exactly sure why it matters to some of you if the gnr album comes out when another highly touted album comes out, most who buy a jayz album prolly wont pick up gnr anyway, and since when has music been a popularity contest, gnr are no longer the hottest band in the world, sure i am more than sure that they will sell a pretty decent amount of records, but a number one any week would be a quite a feat, not a given, considerding everything that has happened in the last few years i would think we should just be happy that chinese democracy will be released, and not care whether it charts at number 1 or 100, if anyone thinks that guns n roses is gonna be as big as they once were is in for a harsh dose of reality. i love gnr, but i dont expect this album to sell as well as uyi, and maybe not as well as vr, it would be cool, but to be perfectly honest with everyone, i dont care if any of the songs get a second of radio time or a video on tv, i just want an album in my hands to listen to until it wears out. if what what sold the most mattered then we should have all been huge backstreet boy fans at one time. who cares, we just need an album not a number one multi-platinum phenomenon, we already got that 14 years ago, to expect lighting to strike three times is quite lofty. please let me know if i am offbase here,  or if for some reason i am not seeing something that really matters, if axl really cared about chart position he would have stayed much more in the public eye.
peace out
raven
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2006, 02:42:06 AM »

look like we have multiple members posting the same thing.. or the same member posting multiple times..

T.T.
?.?.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and tastes like shit, it's probably shit.

Same signs point to no album this year.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2006, 02:45:24 AM »

I feel the need to reiterate a famous Jarmo quote

You keep mentioning the past over and over like it would make you right.

It's not 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005.

Forget what you were told back then, focus on the facts:

The tour starts in about a week.

Axl has said on more than one occasion that the album will be out in 2006.

I could understand the frustration if nothing was happening, but that's not the case.

/jarmo

T.T.
?.?.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2006, 02:48:23 AM »

I'm sorry but I fail to see the correlation between what time Axl hits the stage and the release date of Chinese Democracy.  So no, I share no similar thoughts with you, at all.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2006, 02:49:46 AM »

i would think we should just be happy that chinese democracy will be released, and not care whether it charts at number 1 or 100, if anyone thinks that guns n roses is gonna be as big as they once were is in for a harsh dose of reality... i just want an album in my hands to listen to until it wears out...
peace out
raven

You're missing the point.  VR was able to make it to #1 for a while, if i remember correctly, and I think that GNR willl easily topple their numbers.  The POINT is that in order for us to have that album in our hands, the record company needs to set itself up for success by releasing the album when it can reach #1.

Don't mistake that the record company will not release an album like this at an inopportune time if it can be avoided.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:19 AM »

Why the hell is everyone so afraid of Jay Z...

haha, I know. It's so dumb.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2006, 02:59:24 AM »

To add 2cents,to what seems to me a thread again about no substance, and only being made to seek to spread BS. Ill say this, Things dont run the way the norm runs in GNR, and with Axl, I am sure he gives a shit, but following the rules, (since when in GNR history has that taken play).

What I do see is that this will be out(CD), and it wont be conventional at all by any means. The fans will always be there, but ask youself why do some of the people who posted for yrs, during all the silence, dont really bother with nonscene attention seekng threads?

IF you dont feel this is the yr, so beit. My thoughts are more on hanging out with kick ass people at MSG and Continental, in a few weeks. An if the band and Axl,and managment keeps saying its coming, Im good with that. Was never like this in the past. peace beer 

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: