Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170384 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »

you're right. but it has always been like this. the whole years. and i don't think their policy will change all of a sudden

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »

Yea...we want and deserve information, and i understand where you are and how you're feeling...but then again, Axl said in an interview maybe just before the 2002 tour started (dont remember exactly) that we shouldnt hold our breath waiting for the album...cause this is his thing, if and when it comes out if we like it thats great (this is the general idea of what he said if im not mistaken). Well..Im studying the creative process, and the perfeccionism that sometimes comes with it..but I think this album is not his thing, cause we are waiting for years and we've always been supportive...well, in the end there's no doubt we deserve the information you were talking about

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

5 years of waiting and waiting - hope it is worth the wait.  ok
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

Hope he drops this project and make a reunion  ok  Tongue Tongue

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #544 on: August 24, 2006, 03:15:45 AM »

Hope he drops this project and make a reunion? ok? Tongue Tongue

I say amen to that, so far I have found having a new gnr really uesless because it's so much old after so many long years. If axl had taken the name and at least shot out of the gates wityh new material it would have been interesting.. if they continue to play mostly afd or other gnr classics I see no reason to have a gnr of any form...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #545 on: August 24, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

All it would take is an official statement saying  "CD is gong to be released on ........"  the album has been in the pipeline so long what else needs to be said. 

Actually thinking about it, look how much they've saved on a marketing budget ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2006, 01:37:31 PM »

after listenng to all the new songs (demos/live), are these songs worth the 13+ year wait?
Perhaps he's waiting to be 14 years of silence and 14 years of pain (the fans of course)

No man can be my equal
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2006, 01:56:17 PM »

Hmm...  Good idea.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »

Yeah, for most rock fans, the album already has so many years of hype behind it, they've pretty much already bought it. If they want to make it a massive success, however, and reach the teens, or light rock fans, or whoever, they'll need a bit more advertising. All it takes is just to show people thay it's got some great music on it and they'll buy it...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »

I'll buy it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »

This album has so much hype behind it at this point that it doesn't even need much promotion.  People are going to buy it out of curiousity if nothing else.  They don't need a massive marketing campaign at least at first.  They just need to get it in stores and it will have a huge first week.  They'll need to have a string of strong singles to maintain the sales but that shouldn't be a problem.  It's going to sell well even without a huge amount of promotion as far as advertisements.  The only promotion they need is getting the album in stores and getting songs played on the radio
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #551 on: August 24, 2006, 02:45:51 PM »

This album has so much hype behind it at this point that it doesn't even need much promotion. People are going to buy it out of curiousity if nothing else. They don't need a massive marketing campaign at least at first. They just need to get it in stores and it will have a huge first week. They'll need to have a string of strong singles to maintain the sales but that shouldn't be a problem. It's going to sell well even without a huge amount of promotion as far as advertisements. The only promotion they need is getting the album in stores and getting songs played on the radio

I agree 100% all they need is to get it on the radio, and the publicity alone will sell the album. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »

Yes, getting it on the radio.  Will Clear Channel here in the States try to cock-block Axl?
Getting GNR on the radio will be key.  '02 didn't help GNR-C.C. relations too much.  Will there be a problem here?
 Huh

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

Im not sure that CD will sell itself so easily. For us fans we dont even need a press release, but GNR has a lot of negative publicity about Axl being the only original member etc. that a good bit of publicity might help to combat. Some advertising and marketing could play up the mythology surrounding this album and make it seem like the must have it will be.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2006, 07:53:57 PM »

Im not sure that CD will sell itself so easily. For us fans we dont even need a press release, but GNR has a lot of negative publicity about Axl being the only original member etc. that a good bit of publicity might help to combat. Some advertising and marketing could play up the mythology surrounding this album and make it seem like the must have it will be.

Ya it will, you forget how easy us U.S. fans forgive and forget, if the music rocks no one will care and the album will be bought, if said single is not good combined with bad publicity it will really hurt them but from I've heard the demos are good and have great potential so just put GN'R in rotation and the music will sell itself. The main rock fans will be dissappointed that no "slash" or "duff" but like I said if the music rocks they will forgive and forget.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »

Perhaps he's waiting to be 14 years of silence and 14 years of pain (the fans of course)

I was just thinking about that the other day - I hope that Axl isn't waiting around to release CD until that line comes into play...  no
sisterofyu
« Reply #556 on: September 10, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

I've only got ,Chinese democracy, rhiad , catcher in the rye , twat, irs, better, and madagaskar  and knowing there is 14 more songs I havent heard is frustrating...keekee...i wish I had all the songs...I dont care about the tour, I care more about hearing the new material....Im sick of the rap invasion....keekee...and the artifical rock going on nowadays..I just want the new gnr cd.....keekee if anyone wants tp PM me some new songs that i dont have....keekee I would fall in love with you.... Wink love
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #557 on: September 10, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »

I was just thinking about that the other day - I hope that Axl isn't waiting around to release CD until that line comes into play...? no

Well it's been 15 years hihi
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #558 on: September 20, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »

Christmas - 2006..Or Early 2007...If it hasn?t come out in mid 2007..THEN it will never come out...Belive me...

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2006, 05:47:25 AM »

Christmas - 2006..Or Early 2007...If it hasn?t come out in mid 2007..THEN it will never come out...Belive me...

I get the pain. But really theres no reason to think that...i mean techincially there could be some kind of delay that takes more than a year to sort out now. Particually if something wacky happened like BH suing the band or something over his work. Anyway...all i'm saying is theres always hope!!!

But i'm still hoping for this year...i figure theres more signs pointing to it than theres been in a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: