Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170320 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2006, 08:50:58 AM »

i DO care who play's guitar on the album. bumble needs to be on the album to become a real part of this band... we'll see though  Wink
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2006, 01:56:34 PM »

Yeah, lets go back a re re record the album so bumblefuck can be on it.  That should only delay it for another 3-4 years.  Real astute observation there, Jimmy.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2006, 03:50:50 PM »

i don?t think bumble should lay anything on the tracks that are ready, maybe if some track is missing something, maybe, but i don?t think it?s necessary.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2006, 05:40:36 AM »

If bumble is just a mercenary guitar player for not decided time lenght,then he shouldnt be on album,but if he stay as guitar player,then why not'
he is cool.

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #504 on: June 04, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »

If Bumble isn't going to play BH's parts live, then they shouldn't be on the album. I actually think that it would be rather quick to re-record the solos as long as Axl wasn't around. But Axl is always around so that won't happen.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
EFISH
« Reply #505 on: June 04, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »

i contacted bumble last week through myspace and he said he was just touring with GNR and will not be recording with them for the album hihi
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #506 on: June 05, 2006, 08:11:37 PM »

yeah, he should leave the band too, although he?s not that bad at all.  hihi

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #507 on: June 06, 2006, 03:32:14 AM »

i wish this shit was out already so we could get a actual cd tour and not afd plus two covers tour
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #508 on: June 16, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »

i wish this shit was out already so we could get a actual cd tour and not afd plus two covers tour
I agree with you  rant
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »

I hate to post a rant in such a positive GNR time...but i was thinking today and i don't really get why there is even a tour going on!!

Now ok - before you kill me - yes its excellent that you guys are all getting to see GNR and maybe i'm just bitter cos they havn't come here yet. And i prefer the tour to the silence mode!!

But its like - IF cd is really about to drop at the end of the year like everyone is saying, wouldn't it have made more sence to do some shows then drop it in like the same week. Like there were articles all over the media about the NYC shows - so like immagine the buzz if those articles then said...CD drops on (insert offical real confirmed date).

At first i thought it was a "build up" kinda tour - but now i'm thinking all its doing is wasting possible media attention. I mean i had mates that saw RIR5 and then leactured me that axl was never going to release the new album...(this wasn't helped when the tv version cut out the new songs).

So basicly what i'm saying is - in a way the 2002 made more sence to me. Like sure - if the album isn't finished maybe do a tour to remind people you exist still - placate the hardcore fans - have a bit of a break...then go back and finish the album...

but what i dont understand now is that the album seems to be right about to hit, and despite saying its really close, the bands not really acting like it is by wasting all these chances to promote it!!

still i guess i'm not a pro and should leave it to these guys.

I'm just frustrated. I love the tour. But like if the album is so close to finished. The priorty really should be finishing it rather than covering AFD over and over again. Especially when all that does is promote negative energy - like the focus of most reviews will be all about the new guys and are they slash or not and stuff. When like if there was CD out with all the cool songs we know will be there in studio form - the new band would have a lot more credibility to a reviwer.

It just seems a waste to me. Cos on the new material the new band shines and sounds like GOLD..100% .on the covers they sound great but to me but cos its a cover just not quite 100% right. So its like why endlessly promote the new band with the stuff they are less good at, and hide, delay, and unfinish the stuff where they shine.
makes no sence.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »

I hate to post a rant in such a positive GNR time...but i was thinking today and i don't really get why there is even a tour going on!!

Now ok - before you kill me - yes its excellent that you guys are all getting to see GNR and maybe i'm just bitter cos they havn't come here yet. And i prefer the tour to the silence mode!!

But its like - IF cd is really about to drop at the end of the year like everyone is saying, wouldn't it have made more sence to do some shows then drop it in like the same week. Like there were articles all over the media about the NYC shows - so like immagine the buzz if those articles then said...CD drops on (insert offical real confirmed date).

At first i thought it was a "build up" kinda tour - but now i'm thinking all its doing is wasting possible media attention. I mean i had mates that saw RIR5 and then leactured me that axl was never going to release the new album...(this wasn't helped when the tv version cut out the new songs).

So basicly what i'm saying is - in a way the 2002 made more sence to me. Like sure - if the album isn't finished maybe do a tour to remind people you exist still - placate the hardcore fans - have a bit of a break...then go back and finish the album...

but what i dont understand now is that the album seems to be right about to hit, and despite saying its really close, the bands not really acting like it is by wasting all these chances to promote it!!

still i guess i'm not a pro and should leave it to these guys.

I'm just frustrated. I love the tour. But like if the album is so close to finished. The priorty really should be finishing it rather than covering AFD over and over again. Especially when all that does is promote negative energy - like the focus of most reviews will be all about the new guys and are they slash or not and stuff. When like if there was CD out with all the cool songs we know will be there in studio form - the new band would have a lot more credibility to a reviwer.

It just seems a waste to me. Cos on the new material the new band shines and sounds like GOLD..100% .on the covers they sound great but to me but cos its a cover just not quite 100% right. So its like why endlessly promote the new band with the stuff they are less good at, and hide, delay, and unfinish the stuff where they shine.
makes no sence.
i dont kill you because this the side james lofton would take too. i think it would have made sense to drop the cd before this whole tour started along with dropping a single. because then all the solos and jams could be totally justified. but the new songs were cut out because tv sucks. i agree even though they are touring they are not really doing much promotion when it comes to "chinese democracy" when it comes to the finished studio cd. i agree with this too. this is a new band so AFD should no longer dominate as it has done and still does today since the 80's. the new songs should dominate on the current tour. it only makes sense. it should make sense for both old/new gnr fans. everyone yells "where's slash?" "we want slash" the fact this caused by the playing of "appetite for destruction" every show does not help the cause. it would be more credible for the new songs to be finished in studio form to be played to get the best reviews possible while chasing the slash fans away. i still dont know why they hide their new stuff. i dont know why axl still hides it to us. its a mystery. i dont know if the cd is really to come out in the fall there has to at least a few months in advance of promotion for the cd. it hasnt happened yet. it makes me doubt a little bit of it coming out from what axl said on the radio. usually you promote few months in advance while putting out the single. gnr has yet to do this. for fall release to happen this kind of promotion needs to happen like next month july for the fall to be a reality for the cd. i dont get the feeling it will happen. i dont.? ? ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:26:34 PM by theillusion » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #511 on: June 29, 2006, 12:11:28 AM »

its gotta come out this year...

can you honeslty sit back and say that you can see it not happening.

i cant see that happening.

im not going to go voer the reason why, just to ramble on you all know what happening, the media, the tour.. all this junk...

its going to come out soon, and i agree the promotion should really start soon!
axl doesnt want to of course cuz it seems like hes scared to release stuff because he doenst want negative responses.

but yeah, i'll give it 4 weeks before we get a press release with a release date.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #512 on: June 29, 2006, 06:05:10 AM »

the only complaint these days is how axl doesn't really speak of cd while onstage, like single or this is on cd.. Hopefully he says something reasuring soon
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: June 29, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »

its gotta come out this year...

can you honeslty sit back and say that you can see it not happening.

i cant see that happening.

im not going to go voer the reason why, just to ramble on you all know what happening, the media, the tour.. all this junk...

its going to come out soon, and i agree the promotion should really start soon!
axl doesnt want to of course cuz it seems like hes scared to release stuff because he doenst want negative responses.

but yeah, i'll give it 4 weeks before we get a press release with a release date.

I honestly can't say that. But yes this is the main point because the point is about "promotion" the promotion needs to happen next month for a realistic fall release. Or else we will be saying same things like we are in the fall of 2007  no     
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #514 on: July 04, 2006, 08:51:39 PM »

axls touring cause hes obviously run up some bills and needs some new income.

html sucks
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2006, 12:31:15 AM »

sometimes i feel like im just beating a dead horse and axl is rolling with the oldies which have put many to sleep which will most likely put most to sleep in USA because a second tour of the oldies will put most americans to sleep  no rant no
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2006, 12:35:07 AM »

sometimes i feel like im just beating a dead horse and axl is rolling with the oldies which have put many to sleep which will most likely put most to sleep in USA because a second tour of the oldies will put most americans to sleep  no rant no
I'm already asleep and it hasn't made it here yet. rofl I am actually considering not going to Inland Invasion because of this stale setlist. I will probably wait until the setlist has been changed to go to any shows.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2006, 03:44:44 AM »

I'm already asleep and it hasn't made it here yet. rofl I am actually considering not going to Inland Invasion because of this stale setlist. I will probably wait until the setlist has been changed to go to any shows.
you'll be the one missing out  Cool
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2006, 03:48:09 AM »

Not missing out at all. I seen rehash in 1991 with a shitload of new material thrown in for good measure. smoking

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #519 on: July 15, 2006, 01:52:57 AM »

For me the frustration of not having CHINESE DEMOCRACY has turned into laughter and indifference towards the album.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: