Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170125 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2005, 09:26:12 PM »

DTJ, this is definitely the make or break year. If it cant come out by year's end, why would it come out in 2006 or 2007? As we know, the album was done years ago. If this isn't the year, no year is the year. If 2006 comes with no CD or no news about an imminent CD release, there isn't any logic in waiting.

Who says the album was done years ago? Huh
layne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2005, 02:29:14 PM »

waht the fuck :-(((((((((
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2005, 10:27:46 AM »

Splat has learnt that Richard Fortus, guitarist with Guns n'roses, has found out this week that he will now be able to do the November Nena dates, and that he is not required back in the GN'R camp this November. This therefore kills 2005 as a year of possibility for GN'R and means that the Chinese Democracy saga will now roll on into yet another Earth year.
Even only a few weeks ago, Merck Mercuriadis, manager of Guns n'roses, was standing by his comments about a 2005 release for GN'R. However, Splat can reveal that even he is now doubting 2005 as he not standing by his comments anymore, despite us asking on numerous occasions.

So, what's the delay, you may ask?

Well, it could be the dynamic duo, Slash and Duff. Fuelled with their new found taste for court action, the maniacal pair have recently been busy filing a second lawsuit against Axl Rose claiming copyright infringement and other bumph. However, Sanctuary have denied to us time and time again that Axl's court life never has ever delayed Chinese Democracy.

It could be Axl Rose. Splat understands that Axl was seen driving in the direction of Curt Cuomo's Woodland Hills studio last month, at a time when the album was supposed to be done, when Merck and Caram were going to be sitting down talking about credits. We also understand that horns were seen in the studio, instruments that are known to be on the new Guns n'roses, 'Chinese Democracy'. Could Axl still be perfecting a perfect thing?

Regardless of what the delay is, the good news is that it cannot be anything too catastrophic. Indeed, the sheer fact that Sanctuary have left it until this week before advising Fortus about the November Nena dates clearly means that the GN'R camp cannot be that far off that elusive completed album

So, in conclusion, we say well done to the naysayers who got it right, and bad luck to Mr Mercuriadis, who blinded by passion, got it wrong. As for now, the wait goes on, so stay tuned.

http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=597

Shit! Grin
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2005, 10:33:08 AM »

And it will roll into 2007 as well...no seriously....I think it will.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2005, 10:36:59 AM »

what do we learn here we didn't already know ?

Splat has its ways to present an insignificant news and make an headline with it Wink

The force ... the force ...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

Chinese Democracy starts later.
Whodunit
Opening Act

See ya Soon

« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:57 AM »

Such a shocker, I tell ya that Axl is one bad Captain!! rant

peace
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2005, 11:16:21 AM »

i think (if it`s true what splat`s saying) it`s good to hear axl is at least doing something.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2005, 11:53:18 AM »

wow, more sp1at news huh.

It don't matter, all i got out of it was that GnR won't TOUR this year. I'm sticking to my guns that they won't tour without an album, so maybe the album will still be out by Christmas but they won't tour till the new year. how bout that assessment?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2005, 12:14:35 PM »

crying I want to die

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2005, 12:19:15 PM »

Splat has learnt that Richard Fortus, guitarist with Guns n'roses, has found out this week that he will now be able to do the November Nena dates, and that he is not required back in the GN'R camp this November.

so what ? the presence of richard is an obligation to publish the CD ? i say no.

Axl is working on the last details, mixing, etc ? good news.

i think october/november 2005 is the perfect timing for this album.
after that, it will be february 2006 or anything, but i think it could be stupid to miss christmas in terms of $$$

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2005, 12:22:48 PM »

crying I want to die

Jesus !!!! ?Grin
It's been awhile then because there's nothing new under the sun ! ?rofl

You should get over it Wink ! Seems hard at first but once you get through you only think about CD once in awhile and say to yourself "I wish I'll hear it one day" but you won't feel so desesperate about it !!! ?hihi

The force ... the force ...
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2005, 12:24:48 PM »

wow, never saw that coming  Roll Eyes
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2005, 12:25:46 PM »

I've lost nearly all my faith in the album, so much so that I don't care if it comes out or not. the only difference is that if it does come out by some miracle than ill jump to buy it ?Grin

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »

This is not a big surprise, but i think we will have it by RIR5.... peace
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2005, 01:44:35 PM »

Lets say the album DID come out by Christmas (not very likely....)
Even if the band wasn't touring, everyone would still have to do loads and loads of press.

They'd have to hype the shit out of the album in order for anyone to make their money back.

So yeah, Richard would be necissary for that stuff.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2005, 01:53:31 PM »

hahahahaha ohhhhhh how surprising.  Just wait for all the Axl supporters to come out and start saying "2006 will be the year".  Yet we who live in reality are always viewed as the 'bad guys' who are personally responsible for Axl not releasing this album. 

I have won bets for the LAST 5 YEARS (if in fact the album is not released this year) with friends who are also GNR fans.  The bet is always "the album will come out this year" to which I always bet on that it won't be out.  Thanks Axl you are making me money by flaking out year after year!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2005, 03:03:08 PM »

i hope you`ll lose your bet. at least next year.... beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:36 PM »

I dunnop if this comes as a shock or as jus the usual news.  Same thing happens every year, and every year they say they're really close.  I bet that by this time next year they'll be saying every thing is done, except we have to ship it, and it'll def. take like 2 years to do that.  the problem is that with all of the changes the record company has gone through, and all of the changes in the people in charge, no one has any guts to froce the album out.  No one has the power, and no one will for years.  The whole making it perfect is bullshit, cuz packaging and credits also need to be made perfect and that can take jus as long. 

And i find it hilarious that all of you say that you've finally lost hope and blah blah blha, but u'll still buy it when it comes out.  You think Axl cares if u have any hope, as long as u buy it, he's happy.  The fanbase has not gone down these past 10 years, in fact its probably doubled or tripled, and as far as Axl is concerned, he can wait even longer and risk losing a few more fans,  with the promise of more in the future. 

Paul Stenning (authot of The band Who TIme Forgot) stated in an interview with SP1AT thta he doesnt expect the album to be out in 2005, probably 2006, but even then hes not that certain.  He said 2007 is when it will come out because by then the record company will force it out, and that means it wont even be completed.
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »

Why would Paul Stenning know shit about the album, his word is no better than your or mine.  This fuckin' sucks!

The Devil hates a loser
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: