Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170092 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »

Witekb, you must be thinking about when Izzy came back to GNR for a nanosecond back in late 98. Izzy brought some songs and Axl wanted him to just give him the songs! So Izzy left. I always thought that was the most pathetic moment in GNR history. That moment in time really showed how much difficulty Axl was having at trying to come up with some lyrics. I knew then that we were gonna be in for a long wait. I just didnt expect it to be this long.

Spandex Angel
Opening Act

$et To $leaze

« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »

i still think izzy could've tried a bit harder to amke things work...

i dunno Huh

Warning: NikkI $ixX Fan Wandering around aimlessley

Nikki:
The thing with Axl is as much as I love him, he's kind of a fucking emo fag. He's not really a dude.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2005, 11:44:09 PM »

I've been a real big GNR fan for the past year or so, and I've got to say, how in the fuck can youns (that have been fans for over a decade), put up with the wait for CD???  After the little time I've been waiting, I still look for any scrap of evidence the cd is coming out   (then get pissed because it's usually false). Cry
dustNroses
« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2005, 05:37:13 AM »

im not stressed, when CD arrives its gonna be big. no doubt about it.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #324 on: June 08, 2005, 06:44:45 AM »

im stressin' today, still no Chinese Democracy and my arms arnt long enough for a pull!! Embarrassed

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2005, 03:57:32 PM »

I'm stressin too man.
I plan to go into hibernation, and i want someone to wake me when CD comes out. rofl

What's so civil about war anyway?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2005, 07:21:55 PM »

For my 500th post, I'm saying I don't care about Chinese Democracy anymore. I will always love GnR, but GnR is dead. Duke Nukem Forever has a greater chance of being released.

Axl needs to figure out that classical style music was perfected over 2 centuries ago. We don't want avant-garde. We just want some rock songs and 2 or 3 epic songs. It doesn't take 10 years to do this. He's trying to make a ridiculously complex, neoclassical work that he isn't capable of delivering.

Rock music isn't really worth saving anyway. Peace.  peace
gnr54
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2005, 07:28:28 PM »

it's sad.but you're right,Chinese Democracy will never see the light of the day. no
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2005, 07:31:11 PM »

there's nothing to give up on... theyre a band, not a religion or a lifestyle.

eventually we're gonna hear some new shit by axl, he hasnt been sitting on this shit for 10 years with nothing, but at the same time if youre "giving up" on them, then you need to look at what your life actually means... we have all the albums from afd to the spaghetti incident, a live album with 2 discs and a ton of bootlegs and a few dvds... we have shit on gnr to watch and listen, but dont give up on them... theres nothing to give up on

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #329 on: June 08, 2005, 10:55:56 PM »

Sorry if I offend anyone or repeat what has already been said; I don't have time to read 17 pages of posts. But I want to say the following:

1. there is no such thing as "perfection" and any claim to it is just a lame excuse  for  not putting out an album.
2. it has  been more than 5 years waiting for a new album. In previous posts Dave defended Axl by claiming he only started working on the album in 1997 or 1998. Whether or not that claim is true, the fact  is that dating from 1997 or 1998 equals either  8 or 7 years, not 5. So Dave has changed his  story to make it appear a shorter amount  of  time.
3. we (the fans) are not just frustrated with the lack of an album, but also with people who are imbued  with blind faith that it all will work out ok, when the evidence overwhelmingly suggests  otherwise.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:16 AM »

For my 500th post, I'm saying I don't care about Chinese Democracy anymore. I will always love GnR, but GnR is dead. Duke Nukem Forever has a greater chance of being released.

Axl needs to figure out that classical style music was perfected over 2 centuries ago. We don't want avant-garde. We just want some rock songs and 2 or 3 epic songs. It doesn't take 10 years to do this. He's trying to make a ridiculously complex, neoclassical work that he isn't capable of delivering.

Rock music isn't really worth saving anyway. Peace.? peace

you've lost faith brother, that last line was a kick in the balls yes

for shame Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »

I got an e-mail from Axl....here it is...

Dear mitchejw

big ships....whales...axl sneakers...slash...weird guys driving cars in the dark...buckethead...reclusive?

talk to you again next year,

axl
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »

I got an e-mail from Axl....here it is...

Dear mitchejw

big ships....whales...axl sneakers...slash...weird guys driving cars in the dark...buckethead...reclusive?

talk to you again next year,

axl

Thats not Axl you liar, I emailed Axl and this is what he said..

Dear my MainMan..

Everthing is A.O.K...I am in a completely prozack enduced state and therefore recording process has now moved into the "finishing touches" mode since Buckethead spilt his grape juice on the master tapes we had to start from scratch. Dont read much into Tommy and Dizzy's ramblings..Dizzy has been following me around for over a decade like a fat kid on a cupcake, and who the fuck is Tommy while were on the subject?? That spikey haired cat who snuck onto the tourbus and hynotically reprogrammed me into thinking he was Duff?? Robin is now an activist for same sex marrages, Chris is getting overtime at Denny's, and Richard is playing with Nena too kill sometime..can you believe that Izzy-wanabe-sun ov' a bitch! Playing with crap like that HA!! Chinese D will mop the floor with that shit!

PS i was on GTA..thats enough work for one decade you whiney fucks..what more could you want from me??

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fartinabag
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2005, 02:00:55 PM »

Thats not Axl you liar, I emailed Axl and this is what he said..

Dear my MainMan..

Everthing is A.O.K...I am in a completely prozack enduced state and therefore recording process has now moved into the "finishing touches" mode since Buckethead spilt his grape juice on the master tapes we had to start from scratch. Dont read much into Tommy and Dizzy's ramblings..Dizzy has been following me around for over a decade like a fat kid on a cupcake, and who the fuck is Tommy while were on the subject?? That spikey haired cat who snuck onto the tourbus and hynotically reprogrammed me into thinking he was Duff?? Robin is now an activist for same sex marrages, Chris is getting overtime at Denny's, and Richard is playing with Nena too kill sometime..can you believe that Izzy-wanabe-sun ov' a bitch! Playing with crap like that HA!! Chinese D will mop the floor with that shit!

PS i was on GTA..thats enough work for one decade you whiney fucks..what more could you want from me??

It's cool to here from you again Axl.  Thanks for the update.  By the way, Chris Pittman grills a mean cheeseburger!
usurper
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2005, 02:37:45 PM »

AXL HATES ME? crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying?

AXL HATES US ALL crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

crying? crying? crying? crying? crying? crying? crying? crying
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2005, 03:16:43 PM »

Axl's been busy replying emails or what?

Hello all it is I AXL, after years of working on the new Guns N Roses cd I have found it Prudent to Remove myself from the Project. I find it difficult to work with myself and it has put a great deal of strain and stress on the project Effective as of this morning june 9th 2005 I will no longer work/collaborate or even speak to myself. This will cause a further delay in the release of the new project as I have been intregal in all aspects of its recording/mixing/writing and packaging. I hope to be able to sit down with myself soon and try to come to an arrangement that will be benificial to the project, after all if I can't come to terms with me then I will be forced to once again scrapp the Material I have worked on and start over

until then Keep the faith

AXL

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2005, 04:29:57 PM »

I'm starting to think that there never was any light at the end of the tunnel. It was a mirage. I have this strange feeling that some journalist is going to expose CD as a hoax.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2005, 05:10:43 PM »

chnage that to seven years since we hear about the album.. When does thios joke end already.. None of the band is even optomistic they have no clue about anything.. They have to all find other work to keep paying the bills,.. These guys are playing clubs when they have that gnr name to fill arenas.. I really hope it happens by the end of the year..
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2005, 06:21:29 PM »

Axl's been busy replying emails or what?

Hello all it is I AXL, after years of working on the new Guns N Roses cd I have found it Prudent to Remove myself from the Project. I find it difficult to work with myself and it has put a great deal of strain and stress on the project Effective as of this morning june 9th 2005 I will no longer work/collaborate or even speak to myself. This will cause a further delay in the release of the new project as I have been intregal in all aspects of its recording/mixing/writing and packaging. I hope to be able to sit down with myself soon and try to come to an arrangement that will be benificial to the project, after all if I can't come to terms with me then I will be forced to once again scrapp the Material I have worked on and start over

until then Keep the faith

AXL

That was hilarious!   rofl   Thanks, I needed that!  If you can't laugh, you'll cry.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #339 on: June 09, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »

Mike, if it doesn't happen by the end of this year, its never gonna happen. I know that someone says this every year, but I think its true this time. The GNR online community is reaching its breaking point. Geffen/Interscope are gonna want a return on their investment. Merck's credibilty is on the line. Sanctuary signed him to a lucrative contract, without realizing they were digging a giant hole with the escape velocity of a black hole. The band itself seems to be walking a tightrope towards disinegration. People dont realize it, but there is alot riding on 2005 being the release of CD. If there is no release by the end of the year, the GNR world will never be the same. There will cease to be rumors. There will cease to be speculation. And there will cease to be posts remembering the 'good old days'. Because there wont be anyone at the forums to listen anymore. 2006 will be the year that the GNR forums disbanded. Sad but true. I love this site,but people are really getting fed up. Myself included. The disbanding has already started. If you dont believe me, go visit the mygnrforum. Alot of people over there have already jumped ship. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The same thing will occur here, on a much larger scale. And when December comes with no release date in sight, all hell is gonna break loose. Mark my words. I wish some respected journalist would do some research on the CD saga and get the real story. There has always been something fishy about this whole thing, and someone needs to get to the bottom of it. 'Soon'.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: