Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170099 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »

FUCK AXL ROSE AND FUCK GNR...THIS IS THE MOST WORTHLESS, PIECE-OF-SHIT BAND THERE EVER WAS...AXL, YOU FAT FUCK, GET OFF YOUR FAT, OLD ASS AND RELEASE THIS PIECE OF SHIT BEFORE YOU DIE OF OLD AGE, YOU WRINKLED, OLD BASTARD....
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2005, 03:31:58 PM »

This writer has to be like 10years old Grin

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2005, 04:52:27 PM »

...nah....it is the frustration thread... hihi
I like the screaming caps lock...
usurper
« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2005, 06:08:41 PM »

Everyone here, (including me) needs to chill down..... break out the booze!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 08:31:18 PM by jarmo » Logged
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2005, 03:32:18 AM »

your point isn't corect.How can you compare guns n roses and nin or tool.I know many bands who didn't realise new album for a years,but...
I remembered bands called ugly kid joe.they had a great album "America's least wanted" and after that i didn't hear for them...But Guns n roses are somethnig different,gnr the last real big rock band.GNR are band in category with (aerosmith,queen,led zepellin,ac-dc...)

I have never seen so many tree
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2005, 03:53:40 PM »

This writer has to be like 10years old Grin

And he's already too smart for his age lol  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2005, 11:10:34 AM »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

$
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE VOIIIIIIIICEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSINNNNNNNNN MYYYY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2005, 03:16:35 PM »

As most of you know, we've been waiting 12 years for a new GNR album. Some of you haven't been fans that long, but for those of us who have been fans since the beginning, the wait is starting to feel like complete hopelessness.                             It isn't the fact that its been 12 years that is so frustrating. Its the fact that the wait comes in stages. A stage of hope followed by a stage of long despair.                             Glimmers of hope have happened on several occasions and then GNR quickly disappears into a black hole. After so much time elapses, they will appear on the horizon briefly, but then quickly fade from sight.                          The first time we seen some hope is, for some reason, rarely discussed. It was in 1997 when GNR had rented an arena to rehearse in. I remember in an interview back then Duff said there was enough music for about 4 albums. I was hyped up! With that much music, how could an album release not be imminent? Well, of course it didn't happen. Over the next couple of years nothing happened. Alot of band member changes but, at least music wise, nothing substantial.                               Then, in 1999, a huge glimmer of hope came. It came in the form of a movie soundtrack. I was shocked when Kurt Loder announced on MTV that a new song called Oh My God would soon be released. I was even more shocked when I heard the song. It was not up to GNR standards to say the least. I know some people like it, but the majority of GNR fans hated it. I believe the reaction Axl got to this song sent him back into his black hole. Had the reaction been diferent, we might have got an album, or at least another song. Instead, all hope was lost.                             The next glimmer of hope was the HOB and Rio shows. Finally, something new! But that hope paled in comparison to the 2002 tour. Finally, the album is coming! Unfortunately, it never came out. For reasons unknown. Even though Axl says CD wasn't coming out anytime soon, I think it was. If not CD, then an EP of the songs the band was playing live, to help promote the tour. The cancelled tour derailed these plans.       The next glimmers of hope were extremely small and very short lived. The comments by band members saying that CD is "mindblowing", "practically finished", and "artwork is only thing left" were completely uncalled for. Axl should have done a mass firing because of these comments. Those comments got our hopes up for no reason at all.         The last glimmer of hope was the April Fool's IRS leak. The most sinister thing about this is the fact that it was most likely an inside job. The date of the leak is no coincedence. It was meant to call into question the authenticity of the song. To me, the satire of CD really started to rear its ugly head at this point. But no one else seemed to notice. I guess because everyone was so excited about hearing a clip of a song. Here we are, a month later, and it looks like we're back to square one.                                Sooner or later, the GNR fanbase is going to crumble. I enjoy discussing GNR in this forum just like the rest of you. I just don't know how much longer interest in CD can be sustained. More fans are either leaving the forums, dying, or just giving up on CD then there are new fans to take their place. Axl's fanbase is quickly reaching its breaking point. In a few years, a major album release won't even be financially feasible. There won't be enough of us left for CD to turn a profit. Maybe Axl was wrong after all. Maybe "soon" isn't the word. Maybe the word is actually "never".

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »

I never regarded the IRS leak as a glimmer of hope, as far as an album release was concerned.

To me, it provided some proof that something had been going on, musically speaking, in the GNR camp, and that's it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2005, 03:42:32 PM »

I have been a fan since 88 or 89 and I know it seems to be the same crap year after year. but Interest seems to really be peaking this year and last with Velvet Revolver coming into the music scene. People see where Slash and Duff wanted to take GnR, and I think the same interest will surface for Axl's "Vision". ?Management is also talking about the album now, which hasn't been the case in years past.

I thought TSI sucked when it came out and was really excited by OMG but like you I was disappointed by the "new sound of GnR". It actually hasn't been until last year that I could start to appreciate "My World" (I heard it and the fucking thing was in my head for 3 days) So maybe Axl was a little bit ahead of his time ... In 1990

Regardless, it's now 2005 and we still don't have an album of new GnR material, I kinda gave up waiting after the 2002 tour was cancelled, and just figured that it'll come out when Axl releases it, simple. Like you though I got really excited to hear IRS and now I'm all Psyched up for an "Imminent Release", but it's been a month already since the leak and no word. but personally, it doesn't matter to me if it comes out this year or in 10 more years, I know, I'll still buy it, just because I think he's a phenominal musician and I am always curious to hear new stuff from Axl Rose. (Same goes for Slash, Izzy and Duff) I'm pretty sure there are lots of other fans who think along the same lines.

madagas
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2005, 03:52:07 PM »

James, seriously, go find another band and stop posting thread after thread and post after post of negative bullshit. There is a time to be negative and a time to just shut up and go listen to something else. Just assume Axl and any form of Gnr are over-done-finished. You'll do yourself a favor and everyone else in the gnr community. PLEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEE. Kiss
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

Madagas, I don't constantly "post about negative shit". I try to look at the big picture of GNR. You must be very close minded. I didn't create any negativity with GNR. If you're looking to place blame, look in Axl's direction, not mine. If you can't handle the truth, I think you should be the one to "move on".

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2005, 05:58:23 AM »

FUCK

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2005, 04:39:59 AM »

BTW. Did Duff do anything for this Chinese Democracy -album? Roll Eyes Hope not.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
usurper
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2005, 06:06:55 AM »

BTW. Did Duff do anything for this Chinese Democracy -album? Roll Eyes Hope not.

No, Duff left in 1997 and only when Tommy Stinson was hired to replace him did the work on Chinese Democracy start.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »

AXL HATES ME  crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
shaun
« Reply #316 on: May 27, 2005, 11:10:43 AM »

Thought id pop onto this site as i have not visited it in an age. Guess that album, yes THAT album CD is still no closer to being released. Its all a bit of a joke in my mind. I am kinda getting the impression that album while it may appeal to most GN'R fans isn't going to set the world a light.
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2005, 05:12:04 PM »

AXL HATES ME? crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

AXL HATES US ALL crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 03:55:01 PM by slash4ever » Logged

What's so civil about war anyway?
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #318 on: May 27, 2005, 06:22:54 PM »

this thread is funny  hihi

ohhh.   F U C K ! Chinese Democracy change the title ! when it finally comes up China will have a Democratic government and there will be nothing original on that title !

//JK
witekb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2005, 05:09:30 PM »

No, Duff left in 1997 and only when Tommy Stinson was hired to replace him did the work on Chinese Democracy start.

I read somewhere that he returned to the band in 1999  Roll Eyes I think it's bullshit but I would like to ask you about it, it was also written that he told music which they are doing sounds like connection NIN with Soundgarden...

Polish Guns N' Roses Forum
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl/forum
Polish Guns N' Roses Site
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: