Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:33:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 169745 times)
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2004, 11:37:23 AM »

They give the band true charartistics. And Axl 90% of GNR, what the hell are you talking about.  Axl is 1/5 or 1/6 of the band depending on what era you are talking about.  No one member is greater then the whole.  Scott is also far from second rate he is a great singer.

We will have to agree to disagree on this subject dude

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
BabyJenks
Biker babe
Headliner

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2004, 09:46:49 PM »

i'm anxious about it, but there's nothing i can do.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2004, 12:27:22 AM »

Why?

Here's why

Go find ur CD player

Find AFD

Press play

That is why we wait. Because GNR were so damn good and we all know Axl can do it again.

You are right.

On a side note, Dave has told us that the album is done and that it will be out soon. Also that legal problems are holding it up.

So really,we might as well just close this thread up. It's just around the corner!

Thanks for everybody who made this thread what it was! It was really great while it lasted.

hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2004, 05:27:38 AM »

im frustrated cause the time it is released the blues,maddy and cd will be so old we will be burnt out on those

the cd will be out by the end of 2004 axl is doing finishing touches as we speak!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2004, 04:28:06 PM »

im frustrated cause the time it is released the blues,maddy and cd will be so old we will be burnt out on those

the cd will be out by the end of 2004 axl is doing finishing touches as we speak!

Just curious how do you know what Axl is doing right now?

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
triple
Opening Act

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2004, 07:28:33 PM »

fuck axl

W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2004, 10:25:43 AM »

With the latest news of Buck and Brain touring, and Dizzy touring, and Tommy doing all kinds of shit, its so fucking obvious that CD is never coming out.

thats it, i'm done with this. I just got Contraband, i can actually listen to them, saw them live 2 wks ago, they have internet interaction, they are alive, they do press.....

axl is dead, even though he's still breathing, and i'm tired of waiting for him. he's lost whatever momentum he "started" to gather up in '02.  He'll still have some loyal fans, but its ending, whatever people are left.

I think i'm done even checking this message board. I don't care if axl was seen in japan with CD in his hand...its NOT happening....its 2004 and the "members of gnr" are all doing OTHER things...

and, gee, hasn't it "been a few months" now....where is the new album news that Axl promised?HuhHuh? maybe we need to wait till summer '05, or if axl is having a bad year, maybe summer '06 will be the year....but maybe not....

the point is: we're all assholes for even thinking axl #1) cares about his fans   or # 2) has any new music he's actually going to release. CASE CLOSED!

- Greg
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2004, 06:05:52 AM »

I've been waiting since I heard rumours about it in -97 and I refuse to give up hope... I know that that it's gonna be a great album, and I truly believe that it's gonna be released in 2004. smoking
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2004, 10:29:39 AM »

Yeah... I'm going to whine, but if you will read it, before you threash it maybe it will make sense to you.

At one time I was thrilled to have a New Guns N' Roses here. Oh My God came out and I was excited. They started playing some yearly shows... and it was building up for me. Then the VMAs and the tour and I was sure it was going to be happening.... Now almost 2 full years after the VMAs... No Album.

1 word = sad

No excuse at all. The album should of been out in 2003 sometime. He has no excuse. Axl has no reason or anything to cover this up. I've never heard of someone taking this long to do something for this long. Chinese Democracy is a little over 5 years in the making and this album can only be so good.

Yearly waits get exhaustive and tiring. I'm tired of this stuff. So Velvet Revolver is Guns N' Roses members with a badass frontman singing... works for me. Not because I'm desperate for Gn'R because they are a good now WAIT... good they are a AWESOME band that can rock.

They have done more in 1 full year then Axl has done in 6 years. It's only true and sad. So I recommend those who are still hopeful to give up. It will come out but like I gave up when I heard about VR, go ahread and give up like me.

When Gn'R comes out with the record. I'll buy it yeah, but I won't expect much.

"It's not brain surgery" Duff McKaegan

Duff is right.

To make, demo, mix and art, lyrics ect... everything for an album should take 6-8 months, not 6 to eight years in projection. Thanks... this is hard to swallow for some but is how I feel and how you all should feel too I hope.

TR

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
assssss
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2004, 10:25:41 PM »

rant        V.R. Is kicking ass. By the way who is Axl? I think I saw some dude in the unemployment line named Axl. confused I always thought Axl was a part to a car anyway? If anyone was going to change there name why not change to something cool?,,,,,,,,,,Like Slash?
GnR_Kel_UK
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2004, 12:19:19 PM »

fuck axl

What do you mean "fuck axl"Huh If you don't like him why the hell are you on this message board? This is a GUNS N' ROSES message board, and incase you haven't noticed, Axl is part of Guns n' Roses! So if you don't like GN'R why are you here? You might as well go and find a Busted of Britney Spears message board to post your useless crap on.

My way, your way, anything goes tonight ;o)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2004, 02:57:33 PM »

gnr must have the most loyal fans on the planet. i mean, weve waited 11 years for an album and they still give us no release date or anything solid to convince us its actually on the way. every time they tour they end up cancelling a number of there shows., theyre web site hasnt been updated since 2000bc, everytime a member is asked when the albums coming out they just reply "soon" which they have done for the last 4 god dam years.... i mean this is really startin to suck, dont we deserve some truth here? if axl aint gonna release this album why cant he just come clean and say "hey guys, sorry but this album aint comin out." instead of wasting every mutherfuckin persons time... he comes back into the spotlight after 7 years in the wilderness and people accept this band as the new gnr so why cant he level with us.. i for one have had enough.. axl if your reading this its time to put up or shut up!!! "get in the ring" mutherfucker and ill kick your arse!!

so i ask the question, "why the f**k are we still gnr fans?"
ChristineP
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2004, 03:00:59 PM »

rant

You'll feel better tomorrow!  
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2004, 03:05:30 PM »

yeah, this whole thing is a one big joke...But i like jokes. Fuck how much time i`ve spend hanging around here...For nothing. I need to get a life. Undecided
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2004, 03:21:16 PM »

I will always be a fan of the old material and i suppose that keeps me going

This whole circus is becoming very tiresome.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2004, 03:24:30 PM »

I will always be a fan of the old material and i suppose that keeps me going

This whole circus is becoming very tiresome.

Same for me. BTW I like absurd things and GN'R History can be entertaining in some moments. Mostly not, however.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2004, 07:26:15 PM »

well I did a topic on the main message section but it was locked.
I think Axl is getting older and that it's not good to wait too much for him...nobody is eternal, especially in Rock Music.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

What about Elvis?
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2004, 12:20:10 AM »

He should have just had the CD ready by the November or December of 2002. After the VMA's would have been the perfect opportunity to launch a single, and then launch the album sometime in the Fall.

No doubt, touring without an album or a single was a huge mistake. He shouldn't have expected to simply be able to return to the mainstream after 10 years without having something tangible in stores or something new on the radio.

I tried to see it your way...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2004, 09:14:28 PM »

Frustrated? No, that would be for people who care. It is more like a joke by now. Frustration ended in 2002, or was it 2001, or maybe even 2000. No, what am I thinking? It was 1997 when Duff promised a new album would be out "next spring."
From a fan's point of view, at least we have VR to keep us entertained, and they seem to be doing everything right. Somebody needs to learn a lesson as to how to produce an album and put together a tour.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: