Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 160450 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #960 on: April 23, 2007, 02:19:47 AM »

I understand what your point.  Having said that, is there a "useful" thread these days other than the typical "tour cancellation" threads?Huh?  Should they just shut the whole board down since all the threads are useless??  I'm not following you at all.  Would you rather there be another thread devoted to his braids or beard?  Pants or shorts?  What would you like?

I wasnt criticizing your thread starting abilities:D
it was just a... rhetorical "what's the point anymore" gasp.
not directed at you. god knows... Ive had my share of threads like this.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #961 on: April 26, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »

So my question is if someone would have told any of you back in 2000-2001 that it would be early 2007 and the album still would not be out would you be shocked, angry, thinking axl was missing and presumed dead.....would the future seem bleak knowing that all that time would pass and you still wouldn't have a new album from your favorite band....

Imagine meeting Axl on the backstage of the House of Blues on the 01/01/01 show. Axl would know the future events regarding the band to this day but would be unable to alter them.

- Axl, great show, man. When's the new album coming out?
- Well, it's supposed to be this year (2001), we're next heading out to RIR3...
- Right...
- But it won't be out. Actually, we'll disappear after RIR3.
- Uh?
- That's right. There'll be a summer tour, later a winter tour this year. Oh, and two nights at Vegas in the New Year.
- That sound fun...
- Yeah, but we'll cancel both tours and only do the Vegas dates. Publicly, we'll blame the manager.

- What about 2002?
- Well, we'll tour, sure... even appear at the VMA's, play a new track there, "Madagascar"...
- That's so cool! A surefire way to promote the album!
- Perhaps, but we're not going to release it anyway. Instead, we'll do a few Euro dates and cancel the US tour after the Garden...
- What the?! Why?
- No reason given; to you, anyway.

- 2003?
- Not there. Sorry, bud.

- 2004?
- We'll be booked to headline Rock In Rio-Lisboa...
- A full circle, sounds great!
- But Buckethead will quit and we'll cancel the whole thing.
- Oh, crap! Must be a bitch to release the album, while searching for a replacement.
- Doesn't matter really, the record company no longer gives us the money anyway.
- No for 2004? Not even a glimpse?
- Sorry, bud...

- 2005?
- What about 2005?

- 200...6?
- Oh, glad you asked. Finally, a couple of weeks before a full-blown Europe/US tour, we'll hire a new guitar player, Ron Thal. Meanwhile, some new tracks have leaked to the internet...
- Sweet!
- So we're obviously going to play some.
- That should get everybody excited about the album!
- Err... right, the album. See...
- Yes?
- We're all going to say "2006 is the year"...
- When it's not...
- You're damn skippy. We'll tour the entire year and just before Christmas I'll announce the tentative release date of March 6th, 2007.
- Yowza!
- Sorry, bud...

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #962 on: April 30, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »

The GnR official Myspace has all the correct information, not just rumours or crap off the internet.

Dizzy Reid has put a section in about demo's being got hold of and wound up on the internet.

Daff x
sea of black
« Reply #963 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »

Why's it so hard to release an album? Bands do it year in year out, what's the problem with GNR?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #964 on: May 11, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »

Why's it so hard to release an album? Bands do it year in year out, what's the problem with GNR?

Perfection. Being sure that what will be released will be as perfect as possible in every way.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2007, 04:08:42 AM »

^Getting a manager and a renegotiated deal with the label wouldn't hurt.

The music may be good, but the GNR organization (not the band) is currently in shambles.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #966 on: July 01, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »

this is ridicules.
2005,year of GNR
2006 album definitely coming  out
march 6th tentative date

and then puff... not a word for 4 moths.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2007, 09:31:33 AM »

this is ridicules.
2005,year of GNR
2006 album definitely coming? out
march 6th tentative date

and then puff... not a word for 4 moths.

That's men for ya!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »

well looks like they have a problem with ejaculation.
since they've been wanking for years now... and nothing came out of it.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »

No, actually its a skill - you can go for hours and hours and hours..........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #970 on: July 01, 2007, 01:13:35 PM »

well, one would get a rash after so much friction.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #971 on: July 01, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »

"May cause chaffing"

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #972 on: July 01, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

This leads to the obvious question of whether one can be sexually frustrated about Chinese Democracy.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #973 on: July 12, 2007, 08:59:03 AM »

maybe they dont wanna release album.its probally not good enoguh.i think thats the real reason.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #974 on: July 12, 2007, 09:32:44 AM »

you people are so pathetic...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #975 on: July 24, 2007, 03:30:02 PM »

It?s 2007 now, 2007

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #976 on: July 24, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »

This leads to the obvious question of whether one can be sexually frustrated about Chinese Democracy.? hihi

that could only be the case if your reason of getting CD will be to masturbate with it
WOJL
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: August 05, 2007, 05:19:49 PM »

Residuals can also play a key role in the delay of this (or any CD). The musician on the recording gets the payment, not the current band member. Some of the tracks have probably been re-recorded a number of times (there have been many musician changes/additions over the years since the start of this project). This can lead to tweaking and reworking of songs that were previously thought to be finished, which in turn can lead to legal questions as to who deserves song credits. While the slow legal wheel turns, another band member leaves, another song is written, more songs need re-recording, more fights about who's going to pay for it ensue...

No band "owes" their fans a CD. The only enitity that a band may "owe" a CD to is spelled out in a recording contract.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #978 on: August 05, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »

I dunno about frustration because I am not really following this anymore but I see these tours from the start of the 2000's till now and cd mentions since the late 90's and there's still nothing.. How is that and what's all the touring about..
AxlRoseKnows
« Reply #979 on: August 05, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »

I still have some hope that the album will come out by the end of 2008 but if it doesn't-I am really going to start worrying than, that it will never come out. I can't even imagine how things will be when there is an announcement, etc. First of all, I think this will be the GREATEST ALBUM EVER in ROCK HISTORY! Second, how many singles can 1 album have- i've been thinking-what if there are just so many great songs like there will be--is there any way to 1 by 1 release almost all the songs on the album as Singles?
As far as music videos go, what if that delays the ablum even more-trying to perfect the best music videos possible? So who is worried about the album not coming out before the end of 2008? If it doesn't come out by than, as fans we need to somehow start seriously asking record companies etc or something because if it turns Jan. 1st, 2009 with no album-its going to be scary to think that maybe it will never really come out. I can not imagine what it would be like in 17 months from now if it still is not out. As fans-why not Post an ad in a NEWSPAPER asking when it will come out?Huh? Who knows-maybe we'd get an actual statement or something, I mean I don't know but its amazing to think.
So your thoughts on this?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: