Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 160435 times)
sisterofyu
« Reply #940 on: March 13, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

fans dont owe you or axl any apology for there frustration he wouldnt be rich n famous if people didnt become fans in the first place and spend there money time and admiration on him...so yeah I expect the cd to be fuckin great and not disappoint me after all these years of waiting...axl has nobody to blame (even though he loves to blame others keekee) except himself ! beer
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #941 on: March 14, 2007, 07:15:25 PM »

thanks God I don't read this.  rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »

This is Beta.

Read the site and you tell me how many times Axl is acused of everything that goes on with this album. It does not matter what he does, some one will always find a way to start something negative.

Regarding the album, remember, there is an industry behind all this.

Beta

Beta sent that to me the other day for some reason  Huh

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #943 on: March 16, 2007, 12:08:15 PM »

This is Beta.

Read the site and you tell me how many times Axl is acused of everything that goes on with this album. It does not matter what he does, some one will always find a way to start something negative.

Regarding the album, remember, there is an industry behind all this.

Beta

Beta sent that to me the other day for some reason? Huh

without anything special post or pm from you? rofl i hope she sends something to me too
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #944 on: March 17, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »

I was just thinking back to a Guns show I was at in late 2001. It was the first show of two nights Guns did at the Joint in Las Vegas. After hearing some of the new songs and what Axl had to say about the new album "Its amazing and it going to knock it out of the park" I figured surely this album was ready to go and would be released in 2002  or maybe at the latest in early 2003. Now sitting here in March 2007 I find it mind boggling this record has still not arrived. So my question is if someone would have told any of you back in 2000-2001 that it would be early 2007 and the album still would not be out would you be shocked, angry, thinking axl was missing and presumed dead.....would the future seem bleak knowing that all that time would pass and you still wouldn't have a new album from your favorite band....

Sorry if the topic has been brought up before

There's a lot goin on here.....
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #945 on: March 22, 2007, 06:48:06 PM »

im pissed that this album hasnt come out yet, im fucking frustrated, and bailey07 is totally right...its gone on long enough, just release the bloody album, I mean what more can they do before the album comes out...I swear, if they dont release this album before the end of 2007 I will official resign as a Guns N' Roses fan, unless they can prove to me otherwise through a single, soundtrack apperance, live apperance at an awards show, dvd or SOMETHING that there's progress being made

GNR have played more live shows in 2006 then in all of the previous 12 years, and confirmed more shows for 2007 thus far then they played in 2001! so, if they dont release an album after touring the far east, australia and south america...basically the entire world...theyve only got the penguins in antartica to play in front of and frankly i dont think they'd give a shit whether the album comes out or not

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #946 on: March 22, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »

I swear, if they dont release this album before the end of 2007 I will official resign as a Guns N' Roses fan

Who are you to be pissed or to demand anything from Axl? Does he owe you the record?
Don't you think we've heard this argument before, thousands of times, this threat to "resign" as a GN'R fan if Axl doesn't deliver on YOUR time? Well, leave, we all know you will come crawling back once things start happening and the record is released. The pathetic James Lofton once officially resigned as a Guns N' Roses fan when CD wasn't out by the end of 2005. Unfortunately it was just empty promises.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #947 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »

Hehehe I'm as anxious as anyone for this album to be released.  And to an extent I guess I feel a little bit defrauded by last year's tour, as Axl spent the whole year saying the album was DEFINITELY coming out in 2006.  But honestly, I would have attended the concert I went to even if there was no pending album, 'cause GNR fuckin' rocks!!!

Axl's clearly not doing any of this for the money, as he could have released 5 or 6 albums by now if that were the case and put many millions of dollars in his bank account in the process. 

As frustrating as the waiting can be at times, I respect the fact that he doesn't want to put out the album until he considers it perfect.  I think everyone else will once they hear it, too!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #948 on: April 11, 2007, 01:58:48 AM »

Oh, by the way...  Of those of you who want to pretend you'll quit being a fan if the album doesn't come out soon........

Do any of you think Axl gives a damn?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   Huh
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2007, 07:32:53 AM »

Me not one of them people, thats a new one on me, I shall always be a fan, have been for the past 20 years so I will take it to the grave (errr what a horrid subject, the grave errr).

Whether the album comes out or not I for one am still a fan, and your right, Axl wouldnt care less, out of all the fans a small minority with a grouch over the albums appearance or not aint gonna make the slightest difference.

Wink
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2007, 07:40:41 AM »

Oh, by the way...  Of those of you who want to pretend you'll quit being a fan if the album doesn't come out soon........

Do any of you think Axl gives a damn?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   Huh

I dont think he gives a damn..   I fans wish he did, but I dont think he does.   If he did, the album probably would have been out years ago.
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: April 12, 2007, 08:15:53 AM »

Like me he probably has better things to think about!

When it is complete and he releases it, it will be there, but until then it aint so tough titties, deal with it.  I am sure it will be out at some point, until then forget about it and dont listen to rumours.

I cant be arsed with this thread anymore its pointless - what you see is what you get.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #952 on: April 12, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »

Again, I love the way people assume they are "owed" something for spending $ to see them perform...

spend your $ to support a band, a team, or your family.....? ?don't ever expect anything in return.. because "you spent $"? ?cheap fuckers!!? ?

What are you gonna do if the CD doesn't meet your expectations?? ?Ask for your $ back, cheap fucks?? you're probably the downloading muthafuckers that won't "buy" the album anyway...? cocksuckers.... feeling they are owed something.... man that just gets under my skin!? ? ? ? ?

Question of protocol: to receive negative karma for insulting people, does it need to be a specific  person or can it be a general insult  to many people at once?
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: April 18, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »

constructive insults or critisism would be noticed more than just plain off the cuff insults to just anyone.

good luck with your insults lol
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2007, 01:39:56 AM »

This isn't news, but it could be good discussion........

Anyway, everybody always starts their rants off by confessing how long they've been a fan and how many shows they've attended.  I won't bore you with that, but what I will do is enligten you on what's really going on.

Since the beginning of this decade people get fired up and Dorkishly anxious over every little piece of anything that happens.  In some cases things are fabricated to make it sound like something is going on when it's really not.  Sure, we have freedom to speak, speculate, and participate in message board discussion and rumors but what has it really gotten you?  A few low quality leaks?

Point is, this new band has/will continue to tour, take your money, play old material, meanwhile laughing all the way to the bank.  They've been doin' it for years now, see a pattern???

I support this lineup.  I think there is promise in what I've heard from this new group.  But to keep false hopes alive for all their fans and actually call this tour the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" is absolutely rediculous!!!!!  When your setlist is 90% old material, how much sense does that really make? 

I know everyone is going to run to their defense and that's fine.  But seriously people, how long can it possibly take for a record to come out??  We're not talking about solving the World's greatest wonders here....  We're talking about a round plastic disc with songs on it.  Legal issues DO NOT take this long to resolve in even the most difficult of cases.

How many more supposed "release dates" are you going to believe?  How many have we already fallen for whether from pure fan made speculation, media, GN'R management, or Axl himself??  Anybody got a stat on that?  That would be interesting.

From what I can tell, the current mode for the GN'R camp is........Keep them believing, go on a tour, make alot of money, and give some lame excuse for the continuous delays of the record.

In closing, I'm very much looking forward to the new material, but it's not looking to good right now.  I see people saying stuff here like "it's in stores now" or "it's going to be a suprise quick release".  It makes me cringe for people to be so naive about everything.  Do you think a band that carries such a huge name in music would not market themselves in the most professional and beneficial matter in a situation like that? You're crazy!!!!  You'll know atleast 2 months in advance before that record hits stores.  Guarantee it!!!!

Everybody go scoop those 'Chinese Democracy" tour tickets up.  Pay top dollar to hear AFD again.  I have to admit that I have and probably will again. 

But my question to you is how many more times is it going to take for us to wake up and realize we're getting "owned" by the band that we've loved so much over the years?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2007, 01:47:37 AM »

I don't think they're "owning" us intentionally. I really don't believe Axl or whoever says "We're just gonna tour and do the AFD setlist all over again". It is a vicious cycle, but at the same time, it's a situation where you gotta take what you can get. Would you rather them continually toil away on material in the studio or out touring, whatever they're playing. I want the album as much as anyone, but at the same time, there's nothing I can do about it and Axl will put it out when he either feels it or is forced to and if they want to tour in between things, good for them. If anything, I'm glad it gives the band a chance to breathe, travel, and be inspired...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #956 on: April 23, 2007, 01:52:19 AM »

well, I'd rather have them release the album, and not waste time on tours till then.
after they release it, they can tour for ever...
but going on continuous AFD tours, and rescheduling the album in the process seems kinda low.

then again... we dont know what they know... so this whole thread is useless.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #957 on: April 23, 2007, 02:03:01 AM »

well, I'd rather have them release the album, and not waste time on tours till then.
after they release it, they can tour for ever...
but going on continuous AFD tours, and rescheduling the album in the process seems kinda low.

then again... we dont know what they know... so this whole thread is useless.

I understand what your point.  Having said that, is there a "useful" thread these days other than the typical "tour cancellation" threads?Huh?  Should they just shut the whole board down since all the threads are useless??  I'm not following you at all.  Would you rather there be another thread devoted to his braids or beard?  Pants or shorts?  What would you like?

Edward Rose
« Reply #958 on: April 23, 2007, 02:05:22 AM »

We're not talking about solving the World's greatest wonders here....  We're talking about a round plastic disc with songs on it.  Legal issues DO NOT take this long to resolve in even the most difficult of cases.

You make some very good points that I can't disagree with. However, I happen to believe, in my crazy oppinion anyway, that Axl is working on something very complex. My exact theories are usually close, but always wrong... so I won't guess what it is. The only general guess I could give is that he's waiting for a specific time or event to occur before releasing the album.

I would also remind you that this IS a band with its own conspiracy problems. You can laugh all you want, but it's a fact that people have and continue to try and trigger civil disobedience at Guns shows. Audience members in the front rows are finding their way to a PCP source somehow. And Axl is the most sued rock star in history, even though he rarely comes out of the house. Just because he doesn't tell you about it, doesn't mean he doesn't have the lawyer bills to prove it.

I quoted your post specifically because you may have hit on something. And just for some perspective... watch the movie V for Vendetta. Then imagine, rather than breaking into a TV station or hijacking a TV satellite, someone could accomplish the same end result with one simple trick on an album in combination with a communications structure that is already in place and can't be shut down....

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/billg/writing/shapingtheinternet.mspx

Then imagine that timing is everything in order for it to work.

JMcrazyHO.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #959 on: April 23, 2007, 02:14:36 AM »

the tour hasn't even started and you already know the setlist? who says there aren't more new songs added to the setlist? probably they'll play a lot of AFD material, but after all that's what most people want to hear. if i go to an aerosmith concert, i prefer the famous tunes too instead of some new stuff that just a few persons know. and i know a all of their stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: