Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 05:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 160965 times)
EFISH
« Reply #860 on: December 03, 2006, 10:38:21 PM »

How long will you support Guns N' Roses if they don't release CD this year? What about if they continue touring without CD? What if they don't announce anymore tour dates and "disappear" after these dates finish in January? Will you keep putting up with this if they issue a press release stating that there has been some unpredictable reason as to why C.D is pushed back again? I'm just curious as to what you guys think about this. I know if CD isnt released or has a release date by 2006's end, the boards will be madness, and full of complaining fans, and that is because we have stored our faith with this band and we feel let down. I mean all we want is an album. So will you support GNR and Axl 'till the end, will you leave the forums, will you stop paying attention to Guns N' Roses?

I for one will be here 'till the end, Axl and GNR have produced the best music I've ever listened to, and at the end that's all that matters, and I'll be here hoping for more great music.

beer
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #861 on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:32 PM »

'Till the day I die, yo!  peace
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #862 on: December 03, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

How long will you support Guns N' Roses if they don't release CD this year? What about if they continue touring without CD? What if they don't announce anymore tour dates and "disappear" after these dates finish in January?

If Axl survives the North American leg without an album (which is what he's seemingly doing as we speak), he can tour a little longer without releasing it. I doubt they'll disappear this time around. They're likely making as much money as they currently can given the circumstances, and provided they're doing some amount of profit at the moment, they don't really need to release an album.

I 'predict' (as such a thing is often futile with GNR) the band will finish up North America in January (with possibly some Midwest dates and the rescheduled Nashville thrown in for good measure) and at the end of the month, cross the border for Central / South America. Entertain the big crowds in February and enjoy the sun while looking forward to March and a better timing market-wise for a CD release.

As an answer to your question, I'll be around if they'll do the same.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #863 on: December 03, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »

How long will you support Guns N' Roses if they don't release CD this year? What about if they continue touring without CD? What if they don't announce anymore tour dates and "disappear" after these dates finish in January? Will you keep putting up with this if they issue a press release stating that there has been some unpredictable reason as to why C.D is pushed back again? I'm just curious as to what you guys think about this. I know if CD isnt released or has a release date by 2006's end, the boards will be madness, and full of complaining fans, and that is because we have stored our faith with this band and we feel let down. I mean all we want is an album. So will you support GNR and Axl 'till the end, will you leave the forums, will you stop paying attention to Guns N' Roses?

I for one will be here 'till the end, Axl and GNR have produced the best music I've ever listened to, and at the end that's all that matters, and I'll be here hoping for more great music.

beer

i think all of us will continue paying attention to Guns N' Roses. We will be very pissed and complain all the way, but i think the people who care now will always care. i mean whats another couple months when we've been waiting years? i just wish management would keep us a updated a bit more. i mean jesus they give tons of press releases regarding the tour(regarding cancellations, sell-outs, etc.)? but when it comes to the album we get stupid hints and indirect and vague references that everyone dissects and analayzes etc.. its really sad actually. but we can't lose hope, i mean without hope what do we have? at least their touring, i think that means we're closer to getting the album then say, a year ago.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:12:15 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #864 on: December 04, 2006, 12:51:21 AM »

beer

Oh I'll be here.  ok

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Hysteron
« Reply #865 on: December 04, 2006, 02:43:37 AM »

the whole things ridicukous no album ... no announcement and censorship.
a hugely loyal fanbase is being pissed off.

what a waste
rather than lie or bulshit the fans why not just communicate whats going on ?
GNR has again become a farce for the media
 no

Believe it or not, before this there was basically nothing more longer than the blink of an eye since 1993. In spite of all the censorship, there's more for us fans to be happy about than ever before.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #866 on: December 05, 2006, 04:40:08 PM »

we need to just have faith, i mean sure i'm pissed off about the way they keeping hinting vaguely about the album but whatever. the fact they are touring is a huge plus in my book and should/could mean the record is around the corner. i think we all need to do is just relax and see what happens.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #867 on: December 07, 2006, 02:31:58 PM »

beer

I would not abandon GNR if the album NEVER arrived or even if it wasn't very good.  I'd still have their other stuff.  I don't know what I listened to BEFORE GNR entered my life.  I was in middle school, so I doubt it was very good.  My taste in music is completely centered around GNR.  I enjoy bands similar to them, I enjoy their inspirations and bands inspired by them.  Hard rock is, generally, my favorite genre, probably because of them.  Had GNR not ripped me away from every generic one hit wonder on MTV, I'd probably still listen to pop radio and not know any better.  And, I'd be wondering why all my albums had one song I liked and the rest wasn't very good.  My opinion of music would be MUCH lower than it is (and it's actually pretty low, when considering the state of the junk currently being put on the market).  In fact, I probably would have become frustrated with music a long while back, and stopped listening altogether.  My best friend and I, with whom I originally connected because we both loved GNR and cigars, might not have become as good of friends as we are. 

In other words, GNR has been an incredibly positive aspect of my life.  Waiting for this album can be tedious at times, but it's small compared to what I've gotten from the music.       

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #868 on: December 07, 2006, 05:19:37 PM »

Fuck you axl, FUCK YOU !!!

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
kopitejohn
« Reply #869 on: December 08, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

if we have faith it'll come.  fair do's I am as frustrated as anyone and a bit pissed off it is not here yet, but i do believe that it's on its way.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #870 on: December 11, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »

i am still hopeful that we will see the record within the next few months.

however, if this year ends with the album not coming out and without a peep from management, they will have lost the little credibility they had, and i'm not sure if we can take even them seriously anymore. they will have ALOT of explaining to do.

i think we've all been pretty optimistic and had a pretty good attitude throughout this whole fiasco but when management starts fucking with u and saying vague shit like "there are only 10 tuesdays left" blah blah blah and then doesnt deliver or at least apologize or clarify, that is utter bullshit.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #871 on: December 11, 2006, 07:50:43 PM »

if this year ends with the album not coming out and without a peep from management, they will have lost the little credibility they had, and i'm not sure if we can take even them seriously anymore. they will have ALOT of explaining to do.

Fuckin oath they will!
Myself, I still hold to the 19/12 for this exact reason, if they say nothing before the end of the year, or if the album fails to drop, they will effectively have kicked their fans (and themselves in the process) as hard as they can in the cods.  yes

Not a good idea ...  no

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
AppetiteForChinese
Opening Act

Now We All Know Better

« Reply #872 on: December 12, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »

just wondering
ill stick with them, but i know a lot that are giving up if this hiatus continues much longer

"there was a time, didn't wanna know it all, didn't wanna know it all,
and I don't wanna know it now"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #873 on: December 12, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »

just wondering
ill stick with them, but i know a lot that are giving up if this hiatus continues much longer

there is no hiatus.  Roll Eyes  the band is active and out on the road.
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #874 on: December 12, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »

I dont think the album is coming out before 2007, but im frustrated that we have came so close this year and everything seemed to be fitting in place for the album to be released.

1. January.... Axl's public appearences, talking about the new album and apparently playing new songs at a party.

2. February... The leaks, really exciting and i was expecting an official release within 3 months of this.

3. March/April...Rock in Rio/Hammerstein/Donnington announced, rumours of a reunion and Hammersmith show with DVD (Classic Rock Magazine UK)
Didn't know what to expect but was really excited about the whole GN'R world

4. May...Eddie Trunk Show, wow, this was great and I thought the album was definitley coming. Gigs and Hammerstein, didn't know what line up to expect, enjoyed following on HTGTH.

5. June...Went to Hammersmith and Donnington and had a great time really enjoyed Axl's performance and the chemistry of the band, as well as the recovery at Donnington.

6. July...followed rest of tour online

7. August...thought album would be out for the start of US tour

8. Sepetember...thought band were putting the finishing touches on CD and expected an announcement on release date

9. October...gunsnroses.com, thought this must be it, a new website and tour to go with CD.

10. November... Harley Ad, surely a single soon or some sort of announcement, confused by ad being pulled and Del James article, posts being pulled on here at management's request

11.December...Thought something to be announced at MSG, think something might happen on the West Coast....currently can't see us getting CD this year (as i had previously thought, hence my frustration) hope camp announce something soon that is concise and not cryptic (ie there have been complications blah blah blah, we are really sorry blah blah blah and not x amount of tuesdays).

I cant see us getting it in the next month, it must take about that time to produce a batch of cd's/vinyls with artwork and ship them to warehouses without the information being leaked and dont believe a fake name would be used either.

I think something has happend regarding the recordings that the band can't legally talk about (most likely Merck/Sanctuary) or they would have said something by now. I believe the fisrt set of leaks were from something to do with the band, catcher from another source, most likely the same as checkmate which must be a new GNR song or the rest would be here by now.
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #875 on: December 13, 2006, 05:24:43 PM »

Im really pissed off that the beast hasnt come out yet but still cnt help but just listen to Guns n Roses and I mean every aspect ......Aint it Fun....Paradise even bloody ' my world ' . I have well over 8000 songs on my player and my I like all kinds off music but for some bloody reason I always skip to GNR after a while, even after all these years off waiting I havnt found any rock act that even could even nibble on the heals of GNR, rock these days is just boring..............even Metallica's St Anger could make you sleep.
I have no idea if and when CD will come out but for the last 8 months I have had the leaked tracks in my car and they make me smile everytime I listen to them, especially TWAT at full volume.
Alot of my friends no GNR by name but  only really associate SCOM etc to them when they here the new stuff they have no idea who they are and too many its not there kind off thing but one thing they agree on is that theres nothing out there like it.
Yes im pissed off that CD is not out , yes im pissed off that I bought the Interview with a devl soundtrack for 1 tune, seen them in 2002 and for times this year and CD still hasnt come out, but when it does itf it makes me smile half as much as I do when TWAT is playing in my car it will all be worth it Smiley

Happy Christmas
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #876 on: December 13, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »

Whenever I feel like that... I just listen to Better, I.R.S, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT... and tell myself everything will be just fine.  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #877 on: December 13, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »

Whenever I feel like that... I just listen to Better, I.R.S, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT... and tell myself everything will be just fine.? hihi

I do that too.  It sure has solved a lot.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #878 on: December 13, 2006, 05:37:18 PM »

I always go back to GN'R too. I get scared sometimes if I listen to it too much I'll start to get bored of it, but I can't listen to anything else for that long without wanting to go back.
gnr420
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: December 13, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »

wow... this board seems to be getting more and more filled up with posts by obsessed nutcases
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: