Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 170526 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #720 on: October 17, 2006, 10:45:57 PM »

Personally, I expect a huge, gateway to hell opening press release before the tour in which everything will be revealed. However, if I witness the same setlist that I heard at Hammerstein, I will politely give up on this year.

What if you witness the first show? Same?

I'll give Axl the benefit of the doubt until this tour starts on the 24th.

I've gotta say I think Axl's 24th tour start comment has turned out to be an incredible coincidence.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bono
« Reply #721 on: October 17, 2006, 10:49:22 PM »

I've gotta say I think Axl's 24th tour start comment has turned out to be an incredible coincidence.

What do you mean by that? You don't thin the album is coming out next week do you? Or do you just mean that Axl fluked out that his comment actually did state the tour start date.
EFISH
« Reply #722 on: October 17, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »

What do you mean by that? You don't thin the album is coming out next week do you? Or do you just mean that Axl fluked out that his comment actually did state the tour start date.

Thats what he meant.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #723 on: October 17, 2006, 10:53:23 PM »

Yep. No way would earlier dates pop up only to be rescheduled to make Axl look good.

But he happened to be spot on. Maybe it's a good omen.? ok

--------

And no, I don't think  the album is coming out next week..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #724 on: October 17, 2006, 11:05:17 PM »

I'm sick of this  guessing game. It's a damn cd for christ sakes. What's the big secret? Release the damn thing and call it a career.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:08 PM »

I'm going to concur with the viewpoint that some others have shared in this thread:  If, by some chance there is no information pertaining to a release date made public within a week or two of the tour kick-off, let's just say my opinion will be soured moving forward.  Yes, MSG will be a tremendous show, but no forward progression will, at this point, take a great deal of wind out of my GNR emblazoned sails.

The truly sad part of all of this, for me at least, is that it literally took me YEARS to get my gilfriend interested in the new band.  After years of my incessant insistence, she finally acquiesced and very excitedly came to Hammerstein.  Since then, she has become equally obssesed, defending the band at every turn with an enviable fervor.  She checks the board multiple times a day, always keeping abreast of things while at work.  Despite my warnings to err on the side of caution, she is in full blown GNR fever mode and has full faith in an '06 release.  I'd hate to see that tainted come Feb if there is no record to speak of.
Bono
« Reply #726 on: October 17, 2006, 11:13:46 PM »

I'm sick of this? guessing game. It's a damn cd for christ sakes. What's the big secret? Release the damn thing and call it a career.
Shocked hihi That's so funny.

I'm going to concur with the viewpoint that some others have shared in this thread: If, by some chance there is no information pertaining to a release date made public within a week or two of the tour kick-off, let's just say my opinion will be soured moving forward. Yes, MSG will be a tremendous show, but no forward progression will, at this point, take a great deal of wind out of my GNR emblazoned sails.

The truly sad part of all of this, for me at least, is that it literally took me YEARS to get my gilfriend interested in the new band. After years of my incessant insistence, she finally acquiesced and very excitedly came to Hammerstein. Since then, she has become equally obssesed, defending the band at every turn with an enviable fervor. She checks the board multiple times a day, always keeping abreast of things while at work. Despite my warnings to err on the side of caution, she is in full blown GNR fever mode and has full faith in an '06 release. I'd hate to see that tainted come Feb if there is no record to speak of.

Wow. I never even considerd the true newbies of the Gn'R world and how they have never felt the letdown yet. It's happend to us so many times that we've learned to err on the side of caution. New fans don't have that experience to draw on yet. Hopefully they'll never need to.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #727 on: October 17, 2006, 11:20:15 PM »

If there is no word of CD by December 10th when I go see the band in Everett I'm going to wear a shirt that says "Axl is CD up your ass along with Slash?".
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #728 on: October 17, 2006, 11:20:33 PM »

Wow. I never even considerd the true newbies of the Gn'R world and how they have never felt the letdown yet. It's happend to us so many times that we've learned to err on the side of caution. New fans don't have that experience to draw on yet. Hopefully they'll never need to.

Yeah, I know... I don't even think it's coming out anymore. ?But I still have hope it will.... confused

EFISH
« Reply #729 on: October 17, 2006, 11:20:57 PM »

If there is no word of CD by December 10th when I go see the band in Everett I'm going to wear a shirt that says "Axl is CD up your ass along with Slash?".

rofl rofl rofl
Post of the day
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2006, 11:21:11 PM »

Personally, I expect a huge, gateway to hell opening press release before the tour in which everything will be revealed. However, if I witness the same setlist that I heard at Hammerstein, I will politely give up on this year.

My show isn't until November. If the setlist remains the same with no annoucement, then the game is over.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

I used to REALLY care about when CD would be released but to be honest, if it never came out I wouldn't be THAT upset.  I've just gotten kinda numb to the delay.  Its been over a decade - somethings just aren't worth THAT much energy.  Thats not to say I won't freak out when I have a copy of CD in my hands or hear a release date or see some promotion etc... but as of RIGHT NOW, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  As it is I'm not even that excited for the MSG show (compared to my level of excitement over 02 and the Hammersteins).  If a release date is announced, cool, something exciting to look forward too.  If not, eh, life goes on.  If a rock bands long awaited CD release is the only reason you're getting out of bed for you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
EFISH
« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2006, 11:25:30 PM »

If a rock bands long awaited CD release is the only reason you're getting out of bed for you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

nervous nervous Stop making fun of me!! crying crying

Grin But yeah, seriously.  Tongue
Bono
« Reply #733 on: October 17, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »

rofl rofl rofl
Post of the day

Hahaha! EFISH I share your thoughts exactly. rofl rofl
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #734 on: October 17, 2006, 11:30:46 PM »

I used to REALLY care about when CD would be released but to be honest, if it never came out I wouldn't be THAT upset.? I've just gotten kinda numb to the delay.? Its been over a decade - somethings just aren't worth THAT much energy.? Thats not to say I won't freak out when I have a copy of CD in my hands or hear a release date or see some promotion etc... but as of RIGHT NOW, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.? As it is I'm not even that excited for the MSG show (compared to my level of excitement over 02 and the Hammersteins).? If a release date is announced, cool, something exciting to look forward too.? If not, eh, life goes on.? If a rock bands long awaited CD release is the only reason you're getting out of bed for you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

That pretty much sums everything up for me, too. ?I'm looking forward to it, but I'm done trying to convince friends of mine, who are casual fans, that there really IS an album called Chinese Democracy. ?When it comes out, it comes out. ? At this point, why even bother speculating anymore?

I also agree about the MSG show I'm going to. ?I have two extra tickets, and I can't convince any of my friends (who saw them at Hammerstein) to go this time around. ?And I hate to say it, but I really can't blame them if there's no announcement, nothing new to listen to, or the shows are exactly the same.

Finally, before I hear the "But it's a Gn'R show, it's a great time! ?Who gives a shit what the setlist is, except for the diehards?" ?I agree. ?However, when you're playing NYC again with the same show, less than a year later, ?I can't be as excited as I was the first time around.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #735 on: October 17, 2006, 11:31:54 PM »

My show isn't until November. If the setlist remains the same with no annoucement, then the game is over.

The game is over for them this year, or for you period?
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #736 on: October 17, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »

I used to REALLY care about when CD would be released but to be honest, if it never came out I wouldn't be THAT upset.  I've just gotten kinda numb to the delay.  Its been over a decade - somethings just aren't worth THAT much energy.  Thats not to say I won't freak out when I have a copy of CD in my hands or hear a release date or see some promotion etc... but as of RIGHT NOW, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  As it is I'm not even that excited for the MSG show (compared to my level of excitement over 02 and the Hammersteins).  If a release date is announced, cool, something exciting to look forward too.  If not, eh, life goes on.  If a rock bands long awaited CD release is the only reason you're getting out of bed for you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

But it would be OK then if you had maybe, say, one or possibly 2 other reasons, no?
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #737 on: October 17, 2006, 11:33:44 PM »

hum...if after the first 2 gigs we have nothing new...old gig setlist, no press release, no single, no CD release date...then i'll have serious doubts

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #738 on: October 17, 2006, 11:34:53 PM »

Eh it's not looking good. And you could turn around and put any fuckin' poistive spin on it you'd like. Fact is we will find out the first show of the tour.. After that performance we'll have an answer of this year or next or the next or the next..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #739 on: October 17, 2006, 11:36:43 PM »

Maybe Axl will first release the album at the first show on the 24th.

How cool would that be for the people there, getting to premeire it in their cars on the ride home from the show  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: