Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 159708 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1020 on: September 04, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »

my frustration is, that from what i've heard so far the quallity of the songs isn't that great... Undecided? I know the are unfunished leaks but you just can't turn a modarate song into a masterpiece by mixing and mastering.
I respectfully disagree with you in the quality of the demos we've heard.  BUT if that is a concern for you, if you listen to some of the demos from the AFD and UYI days you'll find that they are a far cry from the finished versions.  So there is vast room for improvement for songs I already think are great.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1021 on: September 04, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »

my frustration is, that from what i've heard so far the quallity of the songs isn't that great... Undecided? I know the are unfunished leaks but you just can't turn a modarate song into a masterpiece by mixing and mastering.

My frustration is, that from what I've heard so far the quallity of the songs is amazing. And I'm dying waiting yes

that last part is dead on man drool i just hope its sometime before may of 2009 or else i'm out another $20 (i bet 4 of my friends $5 each Tongue)

my frustration is, that from what i've heard so far the quallity of the songs isn't that great... Undecided  I know the are unfunished leaks but you just can't turn a modarate song into a masterpiece by mixing and mastering.
I respectfully disagree with you in the quality of the demos we've heard. BUT if that is a concern for you, if you listen to some of the demos from the AFD and UYI days you'll find that they are a far cry from the finished versions. So there is vast room for improvement for songs I already think are great.

thats why me and NicoRourke are dying to hear them cause we know that they will kick major ass headbanger

should i be fustraded while in this thread or is it just you guys?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1022 on: September 10, 2007, 05:53:06 AM »

Just thought i'd post a little comic strip which includes a gn'r and chinese democracy reference... And i guess it has some frustration in it aswell so i figured this thread would be the right place for it. Enjoy it if you can.

It's in norwegian, but i will try to translate it.

The comic is called Nemi and is really big in norway, sweden and denmark. It's also published in the british Metro. Plus the book is translatet to german, italian, spanish etc.etc

Square one: First bubble: How's it going with your book?
                   Second bubble: I regret talking about it...

Square two: First bubble: I started to write it a while ago and was really inspired, but one should never mention projects like this. Then they'll never get finished.
                   Second bubble: Sure they will.

Square Three: First bubble: No. It's the truth. When you talk about it out loud it gets realized in the wrong way, you loose the power to act.

Square four: First bubble: I'm looking foreward 'til it's finished!
                    Second bubble: You can read it while listening to Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:04:44 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #1023 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff, but the new stuff shows a lot of the symptoms of being stuck in the editing/mixing room way too long. All the little choruses, and weirld eletric beeps and bumps, and synth, with guitars and voices coming every which way ... its just too much. I think the new songs would be better if they were a little more stripped down ... keeping them in the studio is just making them sound worse. Take TWAT. The original leak was much better than the more studio sounding leak.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
FINCKLESTEIN
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1024 on: September 11, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »

my frustration is, that from what i've heard so far the quallity of the songs isn't that great... Undecided  I know the are unfunished leaks but you just can't turn a modarate song into a masterpiece by mixing and mastering.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff, but the new stuff shows a lot of the symptoms of being stuck in the editing/mixing room way too long. All the little choruses, and weirld eletric beeps and bumps, and synth, with guitars and voices coming every which way ... its just too much. I think the new songs would be better if they were a little more stripped down ... keeping them in the studio is just making them sound worse. Take TWAT. The original leak was much better than the more studio sounding leak.

You have to understand that Axl is trying to change rock music like he did in 87'. Its easy writing stripped down rock, he's been there, done that. That's not what Chinese is all about, I'm sure there will be some stripped down songs as well, but he's not going to put out what everyone else is putting out, that's imitation. He's not going out like that. This is unchartered rock territory, you're either going to understand the sophistication or you'll keep listening to the same ole same ole rock. Change is good, especially after watching the VMA's, the industry needs a big change.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1025 on: September 11, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »

You have to understand that Axl is trying to change rock music like he did in 87'. Its easy writing stripped down rock, he's been there, done that. That's not what Chinese is all about, I'm sure there will be some stripped down songs as well, but he's not going to put out what everyone else is putting out, that's imitation. He's not going out like that. This is unchartered rock territory, you're either going to understand the sophistication or you'll keep listening to the same ole same ole rock. Change is good, especially after watching the VMA's, the industry needs a big change.

But the problem is usually when people intentionally try to change things it doesn't work and its forced. GNR in 86 was true and raw , they didnt want to change anything they just wanted to keep the rock n roll alive.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1026 on: September 11, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »

But the problem is usually when people intentionally try to change things it doesn't work and its forced. GNR in 86 was true and raw , they didnt want to change anything they just wanted to keep the rock n roll alive.
Well rock and roll is DEAD right now, so they, or somebody, has to bring it back to life.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: September 11, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »

I think you're right but the problem with him is that he's not showing much confidence in what he's got.  There's only so much refining of a song you can do.  If it's not completely awesome by now, it never will be.  I believe fear is the only thing holding the release back now.  I don't think his sack's as big as he tries to lead on...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: September 11, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »

I think you're right but the problem with him is that he's not showing much confidence in what he's got.? There's only so much refining of a song you can do.? If it's not completely awesome by now, it never will be.? I believe fear is the only thing holding the release back now.? I don't think his sack's as big as he tries to lead on...

Oh yeah and I'm sick of the only pseudo-news (sorta) information being things about axl's clothes n' stuff, too!  yes
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #1029 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:49 PM »

Where do you get this........he's not showing much confidence in what he's got!??

He certainly had no problem in playing the songs to us at the concerts - quite cocky about it if you ask me!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
sea of black
« Reply #1030 on: September 12, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »

I haven't check this board for ages, and still nothing! Yeah I have a life to live, but this band is seriously becoming a bit of a joke!

What the hell is the delay, I just don't get it...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1031 on: September 12, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »

Where do you get this........he's not showing much confidence in what he's got!??

He certainly had no problem in playing the songs to us at the concerts - quite cocky about it if you ask me!? ok

Which is a few hand picked songs ...  He seems to have some trouble backing that attitude up with an album release though.  If that's not because he's scared than we'll never hear it because he'll never be happy with it...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1032 on: September 12, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »

Axl sets very high standards for himself - I can't see him letting himself down by not releasing the album soon.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1033 on: September 12, 2007, 02:04:19 PM »

It is now September 2007. No sign of the album anywhere. The album isnt even in the labels hands yet. We havnt heard about it for some time now. Most of us are excited about the upcoming tracks with Bach but as I was thinking about that I then realized that it is now September!

Whenever I feel its close we always get something that holds us over. Leaks, tour, press release, and now guest appearances....coincidence?
I mean cmon. How much more of this? There still is a shot for a 07 release but we all know the way its going to play out. We will get to hear the tracks he did with Bach. A press release will follow shortly after explaining how it was just 2 old friends fukin around. THen they ll say CD news coming soon. Then in November we will ge a press release saying that Spring o8 is def the release.

We must be fools. Lets all be realsitic here and think about what is really going on....NOthing!!!!!!!!!!

And more importantley I feel as if all the excitement and emotion I had has been zapped from me over the past few yrs.? At times its not even fun anymore. Im sure ill get it all back when I hear the album but that energy, passion, and excitement has began to dwindle. Im sure the response from some will be "sux for you" etc. Am I the only one feeling like this? I dont get why Axl chose this route for his comeback.
this thread will be deleted in o/u 4 min...ill take the over...its late

i agree with u. i've felt the same way. when i became a fan in 2003 i was all excited and happy, very enthusiastic. i think last year was the peak of my excitement, with all the leaks and seeing them live twice, i was sure the album would be out by the end of the year.

for most of 2007 i barely looked in the Guns N' Roses section of this site cuz i was so depressed and frustrated ....

but i've changed my frame of mind recently, i'll always keep the faith..... but it can sure be tough at times...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:08:51 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1034 on: September 12, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »

Axl sets very high standards for himself - I can't see him letting himself down by not releasing the album soon.

I'm shocked that he hasn't done it by now, and even more shocked that he doesn't provide any information about it.  Maybe my thoughts are way off, but he's the one who opens it up for all the speculation in the first place.  He doesn't like it when information is spread, but he doesn't give any real information.  Right after the Japan concerts were over I was certain an announcement was imminent.  But now, I just don't think it's gonna happen.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1035 on: September 12, 2007, 11:22:30 PM »

I don't know what you are shocked about. Do you think it would be good business to release CD when places like Australia haven't had any news about GN'R for the past 14 or however many years? The band had to come here first so that the audiences Downunder could get to know the new band.

That tour only finished several weeks ago. All fans should have been excited about the tour as a sign that the CD release is getting closer.

Keep the faith. Axl knows what he is doing.

Support, encourage, be enthusiastic, be the best fan you can be.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1036 on: September 13, 2007, 02:01:58 AM »

Do you think it would be good business to release CD when places like Australia haven't had any news about GN'R for the past 14 or however many years?
yes
Keep the faith. Axl knows what he is doing.
nervous
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #1037 on: September 16, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »

im bored and tired of waiting. i think im leaving.
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1038 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:56 AM »

I should think by now Axl does know what he's doing, lol.  He has to make sure its right so people wanna buy it, else a lotta wonga's lost I expect.

There isn't a lot of news re Axl I agree, other than what clothes he's wearing or the Seb Bach thing, but that just shows the media cant get much else on him, he keeps his distance, dont blame him, just wants to live his life bless him (n pity it aint with me lol).

Maybe this album will materialise when we all least expect it. 

Take care  Wink
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1039 on: September 19, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »

I'd like to make a request...can we get a little shout out?Huh Please Axl, it be nice to hear from you again...the letter last year put my mind at ease!  Holla back...Peace!!  peace

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: