Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 169517 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: March 28, 2003, 03:08:53 PM »

I know a lot of people anxious for axl to put out CD.
It has been a long 5 years since we first heard about the album.
But i think its worth the wait.
Axl is making the ?album perfect and i think that is a good thing.
Id much rather have him take his time and do it on his terms than just put out an album before its done.

Also listen to the new songs from rio then from one of the new songs (pitt or MSG).
The songs have come a long way.
They ?are even better than they were at rio.
Just think how much better the songs we have not heard must have improved.
Axl also said they have written new songs that bumped off other songs.
so those songs must be amazing.

Look at metallica with loaded and reloaded. IMO those albums were horrible. If they took more time to work on them i bet they would have been much better.

Also gnr fans are not the only one who have waited 5 years or so for new albums.
Look at NIN and Tool fans.
Trent and Maynard both, like axl, take forever to put out albums.
And why? Because they, like axl, are perfectionist.
And it shows in their work.
They albums are always masterpieces and not just throw together.

So im glad axl is taking his time and doing the albums on his own terms.
Because the 3 albums it has take him to make are going to be great.
I think they will be well worth the wait especially if we get 3 albums in 3 years like his plan is.

So remember tool and nin fans know how gnr fans feel about waiting for an album, and look at how great those albums turned out.
It makes you anticipate how great CD is going to be.

Edit: Merged a bunch of threads about the frustration and waiting into one. /jarmo
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 08:30:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 03:22:27 PM »

well i don't know about NIN, but in tool's case they had a long drawn out battle with their record label...that i think added to the length of time between albums...

of course axl has had his share of litigation since the UYI tours ended

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
bill213
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 03:33:30 PM »

I agree in a sense because you look at November Rain.  That song was written in the 80's....and it wasn't released until 1991.  When It was released it was an epic.  Axl said many a time that he would quit the music industry if the song was made to be perfect.   I think this is pretty much the deal with Chinese Democracy.  This album is gonna be perfect in every single way and Axl woulnd't have it any other.  I mean with songs like November Rain, Estranged and Coma, i can understand it taking so long for him to express his feelings in such a masterful way.  I think when this album comes out it's gonna be truely amazing.  I honestly don't think the popular music fanbase of today will understand it's genious but all of us Axl supporters will truely understand how much emotion, feeling and hard work was put into this project.  Slash said it best when he said he can't wait to hear it to see what Axl's been holding inside all this time.  It's definately gonna be an epic journey thru the mind of one of the greatest musicians of all time.
Bill
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 05:03:15 PM »

The problem here my friend is that GNR have been waiting for more about 10 years.

It doesn't matter how long has Axl been in the studio...

What matters is that the fans haven't seen a GNR cd since 1993...

Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2003, 05:25:27 PM »

The more time moves on the more i realise that this album WILL absolutely rock! After reading various things, and as you said listening to the progression of the new songs over the last few years i can honestly say it will be amazing! There is no way it can be anything, with the waiting which has gone on recently it has given me time to listen to Buckethead, Finck and appreciate their back catalogues and despite having contrasting styles not only with each other, but with the type of musician from the original line, i really believe this is going to be very special.

Axl has got a band which are VERY different in look and of course musically, but they are all talented accomplished musicains who know their stuff, and i can`t wait to hear how they`ve worked together with Axl and his ideas and lyrics with this new offering.

Soon Is The Word ! (I HOPE)  [ok]

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 07:35:06 PM »

Also everyone thathas heard the album from Brian May to the few managers have said how amazing it is and how great axl sounds

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
DangerIsGo
Headliner

That's one small step for man, and one giant I HAVE A DREAM!

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 09:46:40 PM »

If there's actually any promotion for the album, I'm sure it will do decently. I mean, look at how much promotion was done for the tour. There was next to none, and they still managed to sell out MSG. That's not a small task.

Stronger than reason, stronger than lies; the only truth I know, IS THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 03:15:23 AM »

I truly believe CD will fucking rock and be one of the best cd's in a long time.  I don't really mind that its taken 10 odd years to complete either.  

My problem is that Axl has been so fuckin shady about the whole damn thing! would it be that tough to give his fuckin fans some reassurance?  Maybe make an appearance here and there, do an interview...something, anything.

If Axl is such a perfectionist, why doesn't he update his website? it still has tourdates and crap on it.  And why doesn't he perfect a way to communicate with his fans?!

sorry, i know this topic has been beaten to death but i just had to get that out...........

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 05:49:38 AM »

If Axl is such a perfectionist, why doesn't he update his website? it still has tourdates and crap on it.  And why doesn't he perfect a way to communicate with his fans?!

I agree, but i think Axl knows the way things worked out last time weren`t ideal, so he wants to get everything with the album out the way before they set anything in stone. I guess that way you won`t be letting anyone down when something doesn`t happen.

I think soon the wheels will start to get back in motion, but only when everything is ready... and by my calculations that should be soon! I know i wouldn`t do it that way myself, but i guess Axl has his reasons
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 06:11:43 AM »

I truly believe CD will fucking rock and be one of the best cd's in a long time.  I don't really mind that its taken 10 odd years to complete either.  

My problem is that Axl has been so fuckin shady about the whole damn thing! would it be that tough to give his fuckin fans some reassurance?  Maybe make an appearance here and there, do an interview...something, anything.

sorry, i know this topic has been beaten to death but i just had to get that out...........

What did Axl tell you at the VMAs?
Live your life and the album will come out when it does.
Axl owes us NOTHING and until some of you realise that then i guess you will never be happy.

And axl is not the web master of gnronline, what do you want axl toupdate it himself? Then when would he be able to go into the studio?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 04:05:26 PM »

When it comes out it comes out.  When it does I`ll buy it. Whether it is this summer or next year. And I`m sure it will be an awesome album. Hopefully sooner rather than later though. Axl is a perfectionist, and I think it will blow away most of the shit that is being dished out these days.  

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2003, 05:13:10 PM »

obviously I want CD out asap,but I also think that spending this much time will be a benefit for us.Axl has probbaly been over and over these songs perfecting them rather than doin what some other bands do..rushing out albums due to demand that arent very gd and then you hear them complaining..I wish we'd spent more time on it etc". I do think 5 years is a bit long but we're gettin 3 albums outta this,so for the next like 3-5 years there will be constant GN'R action..albums,videos,gigs..possibly DVD's etc.Cant wait till it all begins..

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2003, 05:21:53 PM »

Axl should have come back when he was ready to come back.  But he came back with nothing new REALLY worth as far as music goes. On top of that he has  a new band with the same name.

So when the CD comes out it will be after  a period of time when the nanme Gnr has been associated to nothing but tours when wrong Axl's shitty large jersey, his botox, his braids, Chickenhead etc. Evrything except the music.

uhm, maybe I' m talking about something different here......sorry....
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2003, 05:33:30 PM »

I think axl said the reason for the mini tours is because they just wanted to get out and have some fun. After all they had been couped up in the studio for a few years.
I thinmk it was good to let off some emotion and vent.
It also let the guys know they are just not a studio band.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2003, 07:06:48 PM »

I think everyone is gonna have t get prepared for the critics when it's released. No matter what it sells it will be labled a failure, even if it sells ten million world wide. All the critics will do is compare it to AFD, and how they were expecting "more". [rant]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 07:07:22 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
johnwright26
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 08:04:42 PM »

I think everyone is gonna have t get prepared for the critics when it's released. No matter what it sells it will be labled a failure, even if it sells ten million world wide. All the critics will do is compare it to AFD, and how they were expecting "more". [rant]

That wouldn't surprise me.  I haven't systematically read all of gnr's reviews, but I was under the impression that the critics generally didn't like their last four albums.
2k3intensions
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 02:30:17 PM »

Ax it is time ti gie the fans what they want.  Give us news either good or bad about the album, the tour, etc...,  so we can go on with our lives either way.  The world needs you! [beer]
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 02:36:09 PM »

A sidenote :

If you want axl to know what the time is, buy him a watch and send it to his management... [hihi] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

JOKE [help] ( only for people actually HAVING a sense of humor) [hihi]

Nothing to say
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2003, 03:10:03 PM »

A sidenote :

If you want axl to know what the time is, buy him a watch and send it to his management... [hihi] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

June 22nd, 1992 - Being in Switzerland, Axl goes out and buys watches as surprise gifts for many of the entourage and management - who in the meantime have also stocked up on Swiss watches!

Do you think he got himself one? Maybe he needs a new one.... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2003, 03:12:42 PM »

Count on me Jarmo, count on me.

Can't afford a rolex for axl, but how about a swatch...? [hihi]

Nah, he needs to be tattooed a clock in his forehead ( JOKE AGAIN)

No offense anyone, my sense of humor is on it's peak when i have not eaten all day.... [beer]

Nothing to say
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: