Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Uncle Sam to soldiers: Thanks For Nothing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uncle Sam to soldiers: Thanks For Nothing  (Read 13278 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:24 PM »

What are you talking about? I haven't even (EDIT: deleted) ... . Maybe you are refering to me calling you out on your fallacy? Perhaps, it is because I inferred that you were a brown noser to the administration? Either/or, it is an observation that is supported by the facts of your post history. I believe one of my favorite idioms is appropriate; "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" e,g; (another one)get your nose out of Bush's butt, and/or quit with the fallacies.

So now you try to lie that you didn't refer to me as "strawman"?

See, when you and your buddy SLCPUNK start calling people names your point becomes lost cause you obviously have lost all ground to stand on. So what do you do, your turn to trying to insult people. I can stand the heat. It seems you can't by having to call people names.

Why not check where your nose is?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »

That wasn't a name, but merely an observational reference to your argument.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

Sadly, Drew's bullshit post has taken this thread off topic...    no

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:06 PM »

I can stand the heat.

You just can't understand it, that's all.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »

So now you try to lie that you didn't refer to me as "strawman"?

rofl

Watch out!  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start saying "Hey Drew!  You're such an Ad Hominem!"

These guys and their insults?  confused
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

These guys and their insults?  confused

That's all they can do. It's pathetic!

Call people names and blame everyone else for taking threads off topic! When that's exactly their motive many times than not in other threads. Just wait, they will prove my point.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43:32 AM »

There is a difference between "going off topic" and using a fallacious argument to make a point.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 10:06:59 AM »

These guys and their insults? confused

That's all they can do. It's pathetic!

Call people names and blame everyone else for taking threads off topic! When that's exactly their motive many times than not in other threads. Just wait, they will prove my point.

You assumed they were insulting you when they were really making a comment about your post.   Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »

You assumed they were insulting you when they were really making a comment about your post.   Undecided

Yup.

Here is where I'd usually swoop in and call him stupid. But this time I won't and pretend I did.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »

Did you completely miss their post?

Clown Shoez! ^^
Burn, strawman, burn

This was completely directed at me personally.  And not directed at my post.

I think that's a pretty straight shot at the childish game of calling someone a name as they so often do and then lie and say they didn't call me a name.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 08:03:17 PM »

Did you completely miss their post?

Clown Shoez! ^^
Burn, strawman, burn

This was completely directed at me personally.  And not directed at my post.

I think that's a pretty straight shot at the childish game of calling someone a name as they so often do and then lie and say they didn't call me a name.

I think you should quit while you're behind and just admit you don't know what strawman means.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »

I think you should quit while you're behind and just admit you don't know what strawman means.

Obvisousy, some of you can't see the difference.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 08:17:11 PM »

I'm sorry, but if the clown shoe fitz...

I post an article about Vets getting their bonuses retracted after sustaining injury while serving. You, don't condemn the act, but rather take a dishonest argument about vet tuition in California and blast that instead. You are either being purposely dishonest, or too dumb to realize the difference, either one earns you a pair of fucking CLOWN SHOEZ!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »

Clowns are scary.  nervous

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »

I'm sorry, but if the clown shoe fitz...

I post an article about Vets getting their bonuses retracted after sustaining injury while serving. You, don't condemn the act, but rather take a dishonest argument about vet tuition in California and blast that instead. You are either being purposely dishonest, or too dumb to realize the difference, either one earns you a pair of fucking CLOWN SHOEZ!

Did you miss my post?
We're talking about how screwed up things are and California falls right into that screw-up.

And again, I said I was reminded by this topic of the California situation. It's all in relation to what's wrong.

I'm sorry you can't see that and would earn you a pair of shoes.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007, 10:44:17 PM »

Again, source your California story, and give us details. So far, in a ten second search, what I found, showed that you were full of crap. What is "going on" out there? Because from what I've found, it sounds like you are in spin mode Clarabell.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »

You mean give in to your game you like and have played over and over and over? No! I've been through that over and over with you, only for you to blow off my comments and accusations with their links and sources. If it's not some left wing vomit website or media outlet you always call bullshit and blow it off.

If I had just an ounce of belief that you would not blow off a source or link cause you hate the site or media outlet so much, than maybe I would go ahead and post a link. But you see, I've run tired of proving my points only for you to just attack the site and source.

You know spin very well!

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:15 PM »

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2007, 11:12:28 PM »

You mean give in to your game you like and have played over and over and over? No! I've been through that over and over with you, only for you to blow off my comments and accusations with their links and sources. If it's not some left wing vomit website or media outlet you always call bullshit and blow it off.

If I had just an ounce of belief that you would not blow off a source or link cause you hate the site or media outlet so much, than maybe I would go ahead and post a link. But you see, I've run tired of proving my points only for you to just attack the site and source.

You know spin very well!

What game? That I'd like to see your source for the California story?  Roll Eyes

Maybe if you actually sourced something that wasn't from a right wing website, I'd be inclined to give it a shot.

I get my news from mainstream media, NIE reports, White House reports, Lancet Studies and so on. I know you'd like to wish I pulled all my stuff from Michael Moore's website, but I don't. Guys like you and Flagg always put of the right wing media kookburger stuff, nobody else.

I think it's fair to guess that there is not conspiracy in California against Vets, just some liberal boogie man bullshit you read on a some crap website, or saw on Fox.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »

Drew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I know I'm probably killing the party here, but.....

They weren't calling you a strawman.  They were not telling you to burn.

They were commenting that the point you were making was a "strawman argument".

In other words, you were setting up the argument simply to have something to "burn down".  It had little to no relationship to the original point of discussion.  Essentially, you were engaging in a popular logical fallacy in the discussion/argument of the original article.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: