Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 211913 times)
badapple81
« Reply #1400 on: December 03, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »

Just read the book.

I find it funny how much detail Slash is able to go into things.. and then when it comes time to talking about the rights to the name, he is suddenly so casual about not remembering it and pretty much just says that Duff and I signed something just to keep the peace..

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: December 03, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »

Why is it that this is suddenly about "Slash haters"?

Even if you're Slash himself, you can probably see in the bootleg that what he says in his book is not the correct description of what actually happened.

I find it confusing how some Izzy fans were bashing that Izzy biography scam and pointed out how it had errors in it. I didn't see a big outrage back then. Was it because it was unofficial? So it was ok to point them out?

But once Slash writes a book, and makes claims about wanting to set the record straight, you should just be quiet and accept that he's not setting the record straight regarding certain events?

/jarmo

No offense to Izzy, and maybe it was just because it was an "unofficial" bunch of bullshit not authorized by him, but, although Izzy's great, Slash has always and still does get more attention, as lead guitarist, and his book's going to cause more controversy, I suppose.

As far as his version of St. Louis, I'm sure he did it from memory, and has probably never seen and has no interest in seeing the video.? For all we know, he probably isn't even aware it's out there.? Fucked up or not, it would be difficult to remember every detail, as it happened, in order, of something that happened 15 yrs ago.? They did keep playing Rocket Queen - he's right.? Except it was when Axl was in the crowd, not after he left the stage.? I can see someone having a hazy memory about that.? And he didn't give the finger, which has already been talked about.? Doesn't matter - he based it on his own memories and not the video footage we've all seen and probably have dusted off and watched, endlessly, the last few days (well, I haven't - I just moved - I would watch it if I could find it......!)? ?

BTW. that's some awesome footage! 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:16:43 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1402 on: December 03, 2007, 11:21:54 PM »

I find it confusing how some Izzy fans were bashing that Izzy biography scam and pointed out how it had errors in it. I didn't see a big outrage back then. Was it because it was unofficial? So it was ok to point them out?

But once Slash writes a book, and makes claims about wanting to set the record straight, you should just be quiet and accept that he's not setting the record straight regarding certain events?

Well, Izzy had nothing to do with it, so none of it was directed at him.? I don't know, to me, the mistaken details/errors are so minor that it's just a non issue.? YMMV of course, but it seems like some are going out of there way to hound the guy for every word he's ever uttered on the subject of the band, and there's been a lot of them.? Slash likes the spotlight and has always been the most media friendly.?

I find it funny how much detail Slash is able to go into things.. and then when it comes time to talking about the rights to the name, he is suddenly so casual about not remembering it and pretty much just says that Duff and I signed something just to keep the peace..

Perhaps he's embarrassed that he never really stood up to Axl, doing an inventory of your life in the public eye, can be pretty humbling at times, I imagine. 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:25:26 PM by Freya » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1403 on: December 04, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »

Im still pretty amazed at how spineless the original band are.

I mean not one fuckin person ever said shit to Axl.

If u are that unhappy, it looks like they would've confronted him together.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1404 on: December 04, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »

Is this something recent?  The hat I mean.

Slash Comes Clean

Yes ... Slash does occasionally take off his hat.

The curly-haired rocker and star of the new video game ?Guitar Heroes III? told Pop Tarts at the recent American Music Awards that he does remove his hat, but ?never in the public eye."

In his new self-titled autobiography, Slash is open about the fact that he had many wild years on tour with Guns N' Roses ? and he now wants to make it clear that he is the only one who has come forward to truthfully reveal why the band's bond broke.

?No matter what it is that I say, somehow it gets twisted and goes in a certain direction that I'm not really comfortable with,? Slash told Pop Tarts last week.

?And there's a lot of rumors and there's a lot of stuff on the Internet that's being bandied around that is really inaccurate and I'm just finding, I finally got to a point where I said I need to sort of settle the score a little bit and make sure that at least my point of view is factual in print somewhere, so I sort of resigned to writing a book.?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314868,00.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ignat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1405 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »

Please, can Anyone upload this book for me? because I'm from Russia and it's very hard to publish it here in Russian.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1406 on: December 05, 2007, 09:11:20 AM »

Please, can Anyone upload this book for me? because I'm from Russia and it's very hard to publish it here in Russian.

Are you kidding?

I think you'll have to pay more to have someone type it out for you than to order it... i.e. from www.amazon.co.uk

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1407 on: December 05, 2007, 07:10:23 PM »

An interview with Switched...here is some of it:

Switched: So what made you decide to write a book now?

Slash: I put the book out to sort of set the record straight on a lot of the story having to do with why I quit Guns 'n' Roses, and the band reuniting, and a lot of other subjects having to do with that band. Basically that's what influenced my decision to write a book. Prior to that I had no interest in writing a book, even though people keep asking me. But after seeing all the attention that Guns 'n' Roses has garnered of late, all the misinformation that's available to people, and all of the other, you know, falsehoods that are going on about a lot of different things, I just figured probably the only way I'd be able to do myself and the story any justice is to write it myself.

So it was less a thing of nostalgia and more, almost cathartic?

Well, you know, cathartic in a way. I don't know how cathartic it was really, for myself, personally, but I think it'll put some people's minds at rest, especially people who are huge Guns 'n' Roses fans or who are fascinated by the phenomena that is Guns 'n' Roses.

Does the aversion to technology and gadgets extend to the music? Are you a Pro Tools guy?

NO, no, I'm really simple, and I don't... I'm one of those people that if it's something you don't need, I can pretty much stay away from it. But as far as just toying around with technology for toying around's sake, I'm not like that. I'm basically all about the simplest approach possible. The fewer manuals I have to read, the better and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I use a lot of pretty much old gear and what not. The only thing I do need for recording is something simple that's efficient, sounds good, can be taken on the road -- that's what I'm starting to shop for at this point. And something small that I can carry.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:43:08 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1408 on: December 07, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »

I do not post much..I just linger. I knew slash many years ago and he does have a very, very, very poor memory of the past. There are many things in his book that are totally wrong. The Todd Crew story being one of them. I knew Todd well and know the exact circumstance of how he died. I was told by Slash himself. Todd did not die as it is told in the book. It is was very upsetting to me because it made Todd look like some sort of looser. After I read that part, I put the book down. He either does not remeber people correctly duor he is just flat out lieing (sp?).

I do not recall ever seeing Slash NOT on any sort of substance. So I think he was just also so loaded he does not remeber things correctly.

By the way, I am mentioned in the book....2 years before I ever met him. Just on that alone, I do not believe 100% of any thing he says int the book. It is either totally false or a half truth.

Just my 2 cents
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1409 on: December 07, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »

I do not post much..I just linger. I knew slash many years ago and he does have a very, very, very poor memory of the past. There are many things in his book that are totally wrong. The Todd Crew story being one of them. I knew Todd well and know the exact circumstance of how he died. I was told by Slash himself. Todd did not die as it is told in the book. It is was very upsetting to me because it made Todd look like some sort of looser. After I read that part, I put the book down. He either does not remeber people correctly duor he is just flat out lieing (sp?).

I do not recall ever seeing Slash NOT on any sort of substance. So I think he was just also so loaded he does not remeber things correctly.

By the way, I am mentioned in the book....2 years before I ever met him. Just on that alone, I do not believe 100% of any thing he says int the book. It is either totally false or a half truth.

Just my 2 cents

Very, very interesting Missy.  Thanks for posting.

It kind of backs up what the guy from the Jetboys said about Slash's account of how Todd Crew died.

Getting dates wrong is one thing, but to misrepresent how a friend of yours died, even if somehow it is an honest mistake, isn't cool.  I would think you would owe it to your friend to be accurate in how you represent his passing.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2007, 12:37:05 AM »

Just my 2 cents

Wow.  This post and Duff's comment about the book make me feel pretty let down.   
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »

Just my 2 cents

Wow.  This post and Duff's comment about the book make me feel pretty let down.   

what does Duff say on his book?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2007, 01:12:51 AM »

Just my 2 cents

Wow.? This post and Duff's comment about the book make me feel pretty let down.? ?

what does Duff say on his book?

Yeah, I haven't seen anything about Duff's opinion on the book.  Did we miss something?

Ali
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2007, 07:19:21 AM »

i haven't read anything that duff has said about the book either Huh

"I'm one of those people that if it's something you don't need, I can pretty much stay away from it. "

i guess he needed the drugs or else he would have stayed away from it, or does the above statement only pass for using pro tools Tongue
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »

As for Duff - when asked what he thought his reply was "I think he's got a worse memory than I do".

Anyone that wants to see it - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd6rYXntac4    it's at about 8:29
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1415 on: December 08, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »

As for Duff - when asked what he thought his reply was "I think he's got a worse memory than I do".

Anyone that wants to see it - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd6rYXntac4? ? it's at about 8:29
Nice find!  That's funny stuff.  Duff's a funny guy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »

Funny, what? Like he amuses you? Like he's a clown? Like he's a clown here to amuse you? How the f**k is he funny? What the f**k is so funny about him!

peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2007, 10:49:56 AM »

Funny, what? Like he amuses you? Like he's a clown? Like he's a clown here to amuse you? How the f**k is he funny? What the f**k is so funny about him!

peace
I'm just sayin' he's funny.  You know, like the way he tells a story. hihi

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1418 on: December 08, 2007, 10:53:04 AM »

I agree - Duff can be pretty funny in the way he tells stories - as in "makes me laugh". 
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1419 on: December 08, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

considering there are two threads on the same topic here, i'll post this in both.
delete one, if you feel you must, admin...

well, here's one which confused me:

in his book, Slash said that they ran into Adrianna Smith in NY because she was there visiting some friends at the same time, so they hooked up, and the whole Rocket Queen recording thing happened. He says that she was sleeping with Axl for a whole week already in NY, and that when it came down to recording the parts, he was all for it, and even helped them set up the scene.

In Marc Canter's book (Reckless Road), she says that Slash invited her to join them in NY, and since she had friends there, she did. She also (in my understanding of it) implied that Slash had no clue about her stint with Axl, and called her up the next day after he heard the recording, demanding that she comes to the studio and explain herself, because she cheated on Steve, who was his best friend.

So according to that statement, Slash wasn't even aware of the idea for Rocket Queen, let alone present at the studio for the recording.

not sure whose take to believe on this one. Also in his book, he refers to her as Adriana Smith, and in Canter's book she is referred to as Adriana Smith on one page, and as Adriana Durgan on the other page. Maybe she married later or whatever, but it was never said, which just confused the shit out of me.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: