Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 08:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 212511 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1320 on: November 22, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »

Jarmo, for not being interested in Slash, or VR; you sure seem to be fixated on the Ex-Gunners section..particularly the VR subforum..Amazing..

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1321 on: November 22, 2007, 03:18:29 PM »

Jarmo, for not being interested in Slash, or VR; you sure seem to be fixated on the Ex-Gunners section..particularly the VR subforum..Amazing..

You know what's amazing?

People like you posting this kind of shit on other forums. Amazing!

It's very amusing how some of you can't discuss things such as this without bringing up Axl or the fact that I don't like VR.

Yet you go to GN'R (a band that seems to anger many of you) sites to post shit abut GN'R. You don't see me posting at a VR fan site or Slash fan site because I know those guys can't relate.

Just because I think their music is boring doesn't mean I don't keep up with what's going on. Mainly because they like to keep talking about Axl.

Yeah, keep laughing at me, see if I fucking care.

I'm not the one sitting behind my computer giving Axl career advise while living with my parents, or whining about setlists at shows I never attended.

Yeah, I'm a nerd, so fucking what. Do you really think I give a fuck if some nitwits I never met and who are half my age call me a nerd?

It's no wonder I didn't meet any of these people at any of the pre-shows. They're not allowed to enter a bar!

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1322 on: November 22, 2007, 04:06:46 PM »

Im one of the biggest Axl and Slash fans on this forum and I will admit.

After reading this autobiography, I tend to side more with Axl now.

I have been in some bands/relationships with addicts and it truly fucking sucks.

So, now in a lot of ways, I can totally understand Axl and how difficult of a time he must have had trying to deal and communicate with the  band.

I say he finally said "FUCK IT" and stopped trying.

Maybe his behavior was a response to their behavior.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1323 on: November 22, 2007, 05:58:25 PM »

Remember when Scott said he didn't like the first bunch of songs the others had written?

Wonder what would've happened if Slash had done then what he did in GN'R. Taken the songs Scott rejected, recorded them and went on tour for a year. Instead of working on new songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1324 on: November 22, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »

Remember when Scott said he didn't like the first bunch of songs the others had written?

Wonder what would've happened if Slash had done then what he did in GN'R. Taken the songs Scott rejected, recorded them and went on tour for a year. Instead of working on new songs.

/jarmo

I know Izzy was involved in writing a lot of that stuff, so it would have probably been a better record than Contraslop.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1325 on: November 22, 2007, 07:18:10 PM »

Maybe you shouldn't ... and in fact... we... as a collective ... shouldn't be 'siding' with anyone ... you do realise, that in fact .. Axl and Slash both probably only ever think about each other when someone else mentions them?

I just realised the other day that we're all wasting our efforts arguing about stuff that we really know fuck all about.  Like ... seriously .... none of you, me or anyone here knows anything about these people.  We just think we do.

JimBob ... your sig has too many members in it ... Frank or Brain ... one of them isn't in the band ... I bet on Brain.... Smiley
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:22:46 PM by SpiritDave » Logged

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1326 on: November 22, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »

Like ... seriously .... none of you, me or anyone here knows anything about these people.  We just think we do.

Kinda funny considering a childhood friend of Slash's has posted in this thread.....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:30:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1327 on: November 22, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »

Who?

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1328 on: November 22, 2007, 07:35:34 PM »

It's somebody who's known Slash since the 70s.

To claim that nobody here knows Slash (or Axl) is a bold statement to make when you don't know who reads and posts on the board.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1329 on: November 22, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »

Well, be that as it may ... that's not proven info so you need to take it with a grain of salt.

Smiley  But ... even so ... if he does know Slash ... he's one of a VERY small minority who know either Axl or Slash Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1330 on: November 22, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »

Well, be that as it may ... that's not proven info so you need to take it with a grain of salt.

Smiley  But ... even so ... if he does know Slash ... he's one of a VERY small minority who know either Axl or Slash Smiley

Maybe you should've worded your claims differently then.  Tongue

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1331 on: November 22, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »

Ok... come on dude .. .lol ... it was hardly a big claim.  I was pointing out that we just don't know these people.  I wasn't trying to prove something.  Just saying we need to step back and stop arguing and taking sides over things that we're not involved in and know fuck all about.

Smiley  You're picking a fault in my post but there's no real fault.  Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1332 on: November 22, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »

It's no big deal.

People often forget that you don't know who might be reading what you say.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1333 on: November 23, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »

according to some article scott thinks Japaneses officers read the internet.
the immigration service of any country doesn't like the people who come into your home to break the rules and make a mess, don't you think?
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1334 on: November 23, 2007, 02:46:42 PM »

Im one of the biggest Axl and Slash fans on this forum and I will admit.
I have been in some bands/relationships with addicts and it truly fucking sucks.
So, now in a lot of ways, I can totally understand Axl and how difficult of a time he must have had trying to deal and communicate with the? band.
I say he finally said "FUCK IT" and stopped trying.
Maybe his behavior was a response to their behavior.

Why, why, why do so many insist on this Axl vs Slash thing?? It is so absolutely stupid and juvenile!

Smiley But ... even so ... if he does know Slash ... he's one of a VERY small minority who know either Axl or Slash Smiley
Maybe you should've worded your claims differently then. Tongue
/jarmo

Pick, pick, pick...

You know what's amazing?
People like you posting this kind of shit on other forums. Amazing!
It's very amusing how some of you can't discuss things such as this without bringing up Axl or the fact that I don't like VR.
Yet you go to GN'R (a band that seems to anger many of you) sites to post shit abut GN'R. You don't see me posting at a VR fan site or Slash fan site because I know those guys can't relate.
Just because I think their music is boring doesn't mean I don't keep up with what's going on. Mainly because they like to keep talking about Axl.
Yeah, keep laughing at me, see if I fucking care.
I'm not the one sitting behind my computer giving Axl career advise while living with my parents, or whining about setlists at shows I never attended.
Yeah, I'm a nerd, so fucking what. Do you really think I give a fuck if some nitwits I never met and who are half my age call me a nerd?
It's no wonder I didn't meet any of these people at any of the pre-shows. They're not allowed to enter a bar!
 ok
/jarmo

So often we read that "Slash fans" are accused of making this about Axl or making that about Axl, but that is exactly what you do - you make everything about Slash.? Why do you need an enemy?

You see the thing is most, if not all, of us are Axl fans too.? One can hardly be a fan of (old) GNR and not be a fan of Axl's as well as Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy.? But the hostility towards Slash from this forum automatically puts posters on the defensive.? I admit I personally may not be up to speed on the (new) GNR, but its not because I'm an Axl hater.? Its more because it just hasn't really sparked my interest in general.? I'm an OLD GNR fan from way back and my heart just hasn't been into their new stuff.? So lighten up for goodness sake - its certainly nothing to crucify us about.? The original band had more than one "stand-out" member so its only natural for people to feel think of GNR as a pkg deal - its not the same without the old gang with Axl just as it wouldn't be the same if it were the other 4 and no Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1335 on: November 23, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »

So often we read that "Slash fans" are accused of making this about Axl or making that about Axl, but that is exactly what you do - you make everything about Slash.  Why do you need an enemy?

Why would anybody talk about what Slash has done and said in a thread about his book?

But the hostility towards Slash from this forum automatically puts posters on the defensive.

Sure, I question things their hero does and their automatic reaction is: But Axl....

I happen to be pretty convinced that if this book was written as an unofficial biography, many of you would be pointing out the errors.

Possibly things like "how can anybody take it serious? The author didn't even get the name of Dave right!".

Now that it's Slash's own book I'm the asshole because I point it out. Ironically Slash's dad pointed out an error in it too....

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1336 on: November 23, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »

I admit I personally may not be up to speed on the (new) GNR, but its not because I'm an Axl hater.  Its more because it just hasn't really sparked my interest in general.
[/url]
then what are you doing here?

I'm an OLD GNR fan from way back and my heart just hasn't been into their new stuff.  So lighten up for goodness sake - its certainly nothing to crucify us about.[/url]
so wait, you claim you aren't up to speed on the band yet your heart isn't into the material?  which is it?  if you have given the music and this lineup a chance, you would be "up to speed".

The original band had more than one "stand-out" member so its only natural for people to feel think of GNR as a pkg deal - its not the same without the old gang with Axl just as it wouldn't be the same if it were the other 4 and no Axl.
so does this lineup.  In fact all 3 guitarists stand out in their own ways.   Tommy is a legend.   But you wouldn't know this cuz you aren't up to speed.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1337 on: November 23, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »

Saturday November 24, 2007
The Guardian

This has been the year of the rock autobiography. With Eric Clapton, Ron Wood and Marianne Faithfull among those who have recently thrown their hats into the ring, and even Keith Richards now threatening to pen his own memoirs, it seems that the old rockers are finally getting around to doing it for themselves. Or are they?

"When you review your life like this it's strange," writes Slash, towards the end of his autobiography, Slash (HarperCollins, ?18.99). "I've read a few of these stories as if for the first time." The heroically dishevelled, top-hatted guitarist in Guns N' Roses may inadvertently have put his finger on one of the open secrets of such books, which is that they are very rarely assembled without the assistance of a professional writer. In Slash's case, the not-so-ghostly accomplice is Anthony Bozza, formerly a staff writer at Rolling Stone magazine and clearly the man primarily responsible for turning this tale of unimaginable debauchery and chaotic excess into an entertaining and more-or-less coherent narrative.

For Slash is not a man who likes to get too wrapped up in fine detail. Referring to the female horn section who joined Guns N' Roses for their "Use Your Illusion" tour, he recalls that there was "Lisa Maxwell . . . who played tenor sax; Anne, who played trumpet; and this bisexual New York City chick whose name I can't remember, who played baritone sax."

But when it comes to the casual, almost boastful, stories of drinking and drugging, which are the regrettable staple of nearly all rock biographies these days, Slash has all the gen. "Lucky and her boyfriend came rolling in with all of this crack and smack and I'm sitting on the floor watching them spread out all of the drugs across the coffee table," he writes. "They've got rigs, pointers, shooters, tools, hardware, whatever you choose to call them - they've got brand new needles. We get it all going, the three of us, and we are all fiending hard." This was the session that resulted in Slash's heart stopping for eight minutes. He has since been fitted with a cardio-defibrillator, a three-inch device that remains implanted in his heart to this day and which automatically administers an electroshock whenever his heart starts to beat dangerously slow or fast. Slash is 42. Whatever the extent of his contribution to this account of his life, he certainly gets the credit for actually having lived it.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2216003,00.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1338 on: November 23, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »

Been meaning to ask you guys this...why was slash and his wife banned from that vegas show???
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1339 on: November 23, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »

Been meaning to ask you guys this...why was slash and his wife banned from that vegas show???

Management banned them from attending.

I don't know if there was some sort of fear that Slash would cause a scene or something.

I think GN'R's manager said they didn't want any kind of distractions and decided not to take any risks.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: