Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:12:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226480 times)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1140 on: November 15, 2007, 03:56:20 PM »

Do you think now things are going well with Velvet Revolver?? ?Their new album hasn't even gone gold yet! ?Illusions both went gold within the first days of release!! ?

Yes, he does want the fans to know that the new G N' R isn't the original lineup, wouldn't you?? ?He's basically saying that when they promote the shows for the tour they always play songs from AFD and they never show any of the new band members in any of the promos, or if they do, they're very short clips and you can barely make a face out of the person. ?He's just got tons of letters from fans around the world that thought he was still in the band.
Their album hasn't gone gold yet? what kind of an argument is that? just because their album isn't selling that many records doesn't mean that things can't go well in the band internally. Can you invision it 'Dude, we haven't gone gold yet, lets just stop being in a band because this is senseless, what a waste of time' usually people don't start bands because they want to sell millions of records but because they love making music.

As for the original line up stuff. If there's one thing where the press loves to talk about when it comes to GNR it's how GNR broke up and how Axl continued without them....the majority of GNR fans already know.

Honey, your right, most bands do get together b/c they enjoy making music. ?Velevt Revolver is considered a 'supergroup' and in terms of success, they are measured on album sales. ?If they were just starting out and they were never in the music business beofore, sure they could get away with using the excuse, "we just like making music together" ?But unfortunately for them, they all come from bands that made it big...REALLY BIG. ?

So in terms of things going well, no they are not. ?They are at the point of being embarrassed over their weak album sales. ?A supergroup is supposed to be just that, super, and Velvet Revolver is anything but that now....so NO they are not doing well. ?They may all act like they are doing well externally but I guarantee you there are major problems on the inside. ?It may not be the type of problems that Guns N' Roses had, for example, feuds between the members, drugs, girls, etc....these problems are more of the "shit man, this is embarrasing, here we are, some of the most famous musicians in the history of rock and roll and we can't even sell a half a million copies of our record?? ?Something isn't right." ?You know, that at least 2 or 3 of the members, if not all are thinking that right now.

Not only are the record sales weak, they are also having problems selling out shows....and I'm not talking about 18,000 people arenas, I'm talking about 5000 seater music halls that are only half full. Now they have been denied access to Japan, having to cancel all their shows there...things going well, huh?

Another key is that last time Slash was on Conan O'Brien, he talked about his book, spoke about Guitar Hero III, talked about G N' R....guess who he didn't mention 1 word about....yep, you got it, not 1 word mentioned about Velevet Revolver. ?Now if that doesn't say something to you, what will??

-KK
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1141 on: November 15, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »

The only problem with your scenario is that you and I don't know each other all to well, while Axl & Slash (at that time) had spent the last 10 years practically attached at the hip.? What I'm getting at is that it wouldn't be the first time Axl would be late nor the second or the third....to me, that meeting would have been the straw that broke the camel's back....a final incident, after numerous prior incidents, that made Slash realize things were never going to change....Axl would always be Axl, if it wasn't his neighbors keeping him up it would be the maid's dog next time that kept him up all night....see what I'm saying??

Doesn't Slash say in the book that he doesn't know what Axl thinks or how he works etc.?

/jarmo

Yes he does, and that's exactley my point...he knows Axl so well that's what he means...that's a nice way of saying the man is unreliable...he doesn't want to come out saying that b/c he knows that would hurt Axl's feelings.  Slash, I believe, cares about Axl and knows how delicate he needs to be when communicating with him.  So by Slash saying, I don't know how he thinks, works, etc, it's realy the opposite.

-KK
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1142 on: November 15, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »

I find it amusing that you, as the founder of this site, can honestly say he didn't start the band!

You can? Why?

Because it's mentioned in the books I've read?

Come on man, the original lineup played maybe 2 or 3 gigs under the name Guns N' Roses and everyone in the band at the time, Axl included knew it wasn't the right fit, until Slash started to rehearse with them....that's when the true band came together.? Slash is just as much a part of Guns N' Roses as Axl, Izzy, Duff or Steve were....actually if you had to say probably top 2 most important members tied with Axl.?

Did I say he wasn't important?

No, I didn't.

I pointed out the fact that GN'R was started before Slash joined the band. Just like Hollywood Rose was around before Slash joined.

It's a fact, why do you need to argue?

I didn't say any of the AFD line-up members weren't important, I just pointed out that not all of them were in GN'R since day one.

So, if you're telling the GN'R story, you need to start at the beginning. That's my opinion.

/jarmo

Your right, you should start at the beginning but you should let people know that the original lineup was more of a garage band than anything.  Even Axl himself would consider Slash a founding member of the original Guns N' Roses.

-KK
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1143 on: November 15, 2007, 04:08:29 PM »

The only problem with your scenario is that you and I don't know each other all to well, while Axl & Slash (at that time) had spent the last 10 years practically attached at the hip.? What I'm getting at is that it wouldn't be the first time Axl would be late nor the second or the third....to me, that meeting would have been the straw that broke the camel's back....a final incident, after numerous prior incidents, that made Slash realize things were never going to change....Axl would always be Axl, if it wasn't his neighbors keeping him up it would be the maid's dog next time that kept him up all night....see what I'm saying??

Doesn't Slash say in the book that he doesn't know what Axl thinks or how he works etc.?

/jarmo

Yes he does, and that's exactley my point...he knows Axl so well that's what he means...that's a nice way of saying the man is unreliable...he doesn't want to come out saying that b/c he knows that would hurt Axl's feelings.? Slash, I believe, cares about Axl and knows how delicate he needs to be when communicating with him.? So by Slash saying, I don't know how he thinks, works, etc, it's realy the opposite.

You might be reading a little much into it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1144 on: November 15, 2007, 04:16:37 PM »

Yes he does, and that's exactley my point...he knows Axl so well that's what he means...that's a nice way of saying the man is unreliable...he doesn't want to come out saying that b/c he knows that would hurt Axl's feelings.  Slash, I believe, cares about Axl and knows how delicate he needs to be when communicating with him.  So by Slash saying, I don't know how he thinks, works, etc, it's realy the opposite.

I think you're wrong....

The guy has stated over time that he just wants to play guitar. He doesn't have any other "plans" so to speak.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1145 on: November 15, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »

Your right, you should start at the beginning but you should let people know that the original lineup was more of a garage band than anything.  Even Axl himself would consider Slash a founding member of the original Guns N' Roses.

I'm not gonna speak on anybody's behalf, I'm just stating facts.

Slash's version of how the band came together shouldn't be taken as fact. He even admits it himself that he can't remember the details.

But still, some of you think he's story is great and whatever..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #1146 on: November 15, 2007, 06:15:09 PM »

I understand some people are not fans of Slash as a guitarrist, (which I actually I know people who are not fans of Slash nor fans of GN'R) BUT someone who LIKES and is a fan of GN'R must be a fan on their own way of Slash.
Its totally stupid to say the opposite, It's like: "I like Led Zeppelin but Im not a fan of Jimmy Page" yeahh right

If the world would end today... Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1147 on: November 15, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »

It's like: "I like Led Zeppelin but Im not a fan of Jimmy Page" yeahh right

No, it's more like "I'm a fan of his work in Led Zeppelin but don't care about Coverdale/Page"....

/jarmo

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #1148 on: November 15, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »

No, it's more like "I'm a fan of his work in Led Zeppelin but don't care about Coverdale/Page"....

/jarmo

Still you are fan of THAT person, not because you dont like Slash in VR means you are not a fan of Slash anymore, because you LOVE Slash's work in Gn'R.   
By the way ; I wrote Zeppelin/ Page or  SLash/Gn'R , NOT Coverdale/ Page  or Slash/Vr 

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1149 on: November 15, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »

Coverdale Page is an underrated band. 

/jarmo
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1150 on: November 15, 2007, 07:53:50 PM »

Still you are fan of THAT person, not because you dont like Slash in VR means you are not a fan of Slash anymore, because you LOVE Slash's work in Gn'R.   
By the way ; I wrote Zeppelin/ Page or  SLash/Gn'R , NOT Coverdale/ Page  or Slash/Vr 

Not really. There's different kinds of fans I guess.

I'm not a fan of the person, isn't that obvious?  hihi

I'm a fan of the band, and he used to be part of it.

/jarmo

Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1151 on: November 15, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

Still you are fan of THAT person, not because you dont like Slash in VR means you are not a fan of Slash anymore, because you LOVE Slash's work in Gn'R.? ?
By the way ; I wrote Zeppelin/ Page or? SLash/Gn'R , NOT Coverdale/ Page? or Slash/Vr?

I'm not a fan of the person, isn't that obvious?? hihi

/jarmo

I've got a good one for you then....

...If Slash would rejoin the band, would you be a fan of his then or would you still not like him??

-KK
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1152 on: November 15, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »

I've got a good one for you then....

...If Slash would rejoin the band, would you be a fan of his then or would you still not like him??

That's a big fucking IF right there.

I respect him as a musician, even today, I just don't like the material he's releasing these days.

I have a hard time taking what he says seriously after everything he's said over the years.

That doesn't really change regardless of what band he's in.

/jarmo

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1153 on: November 15, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were the 2 most important parts of that band

Maybe to someone who wasn't around when they were making music. It was Gonzo's death that brought about their demise, and irrelevant of how Jones was treated after the break up, I doubt that Page or Plant share you view.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #1154 on: November 15, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »

Still you are fan of THAT person, not because you dont like Slash in VR means you are not a fan of Slash anymore, because you LOVE Slash's work in Gn'R.? ?
By the way ; I wrote Zeppelin/ Page or? SLash/Gn'R , NOT Coverdale/ Page? or Slash/Vr?

/jarmo

If you are fan of the band he used to be in, then that makes you fan of Slash.  Wink

For example: Lets say I'm a fan of Black Sabbath, and there fore, I'm a fan of Ozzy, but lets say I dont like Ozzy's solo material, Am I still fan of Ozzy as (singer/frontman/song writer, you name it)?  OF course I AM! 'cause I liked him with Sabbath!  it's common sense. I dont need to like his music or be a "fan" of his solo project, but I'm a fan of his contribution with Sabbath.

*Anyway I love Ozzy with Sabbath and as a solo artist (it was just an example)  peace

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1155 on: November 15, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

/jarmo

If you are fan of the band he used to be in, then that makes you fan of Slash.  Wink

For example: Lets say I'm a fan of Black Sabbath, and there fore, I'm a fan of Ozzy, but lets say I dont like Ozzy's solo material, Am I still fan of Ozzy as (singer/frontman/song writer, you name it)?  OF course I AM! 'cause I liked him with Sabbath!  it's common sense. I dont need to like his music or be a "fan" of his solo project, but I'm a fan of his contribution with Sabbath.

*Anyway I love Ozzy with Sabbath and as a solo artist (it was just an example)  peace

Well I disagree.

/jarmo

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1156 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:35 PM »

/jarmo

Yes you would be an Ozzy fan . But only as a part of Sabbath. 

You can respected someones musically ability , yet still not be a fan of them.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #1157 on: November 15, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »

/jarmo

If you are fan of the band he used to be in, then that makes you fan of Slash.? Wink

For example: Lets say I'm a fan of Black Sabbath, and there fore, I'm a fan of Ozzy, but lets say I dont like Ozzy's solo material, Am I still fan of Ozzy as (singer/frontman/song writer, you name it)?? OF course I AM! 'cause I liked him with Sabbath!? it's common sense. I dont need to like his music or be a "fan" of his solo project, but I'm a fan of his contribution with Sabbath.

*Anyway I love Ozzy with Sabbath and as a solo artist (it was just an example)? peace

Yes you would be an Ozzy fan . But only as a part of Sabbath.?

You can respected someones musically ability , yet still not be a fan of them.

That's what I meant, as you said: "Yes you would be an Ozzy fan", period! You are STILL an Ozzy fan. thats what matters really. Same thing with Slash. Not because you dont like Slash in VR  or in any other project, doesnt mean you have to quit being a fan of Slash.
I mean, its ok to be a fan of your favourite band's music lead guitar player, you know  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1158 on: November 15, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »

I just don't agree with your opinion.

/jarmo

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1159 on: November 15, 2007, 10:31:33 PM »

Not really. I like Black Sabbath too, but I can't stand Ozzy and his voice. Just because you like a band does not mean you're a fan of each and every member.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: