Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226618 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1100 on: November 14, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

yeah, such "expectations" from friends CAN be true but they dont have to be in any form...so it still remains pure speculation as they weren't there.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1101 on: November 14, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »

yeah, such "expectations" from friends CAN be true but they dont have to be in any form...so it still remains pure speculation as they weren't there.

Unfortunately, when those "expectations" come from your closest friends... you must have done something wrong...

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1102 on: November 14, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »

even if so....still this doesnt need to be the case at the Axl house, or? its just ZERO proof!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1103 on: November 14, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »

even if so....still this doesnt need to be the case at the Axl house, or? its just ZERO proof!

I'm not saying that this is proof, but this plus the fact that Slash lied to his bandmates and everyone else about going to Axl's house helps us understand if it's the truth or a lie...

Unless you can't or don't want to accept the truth. That is an entirely different story...

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1104 on: November 14, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »

dont get me wrong, i also can pretty much see that scenario being happened with Slash being the "gulity" one, from his evolution its some "logical"? hihi

all the facts pointing out against Slash in this....we can interpretate and speculate all we want and the outcome probably is lying near the truth allready but we still cant know for sure unless we get any real proof like Slash, Perla, Beta talking more directly about it or getting access to any video/audio. so its unfair to judge about that for now.

wanna ask again if anybody ever have read/heard something about Perla talking about this "incident"?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1105 on: November 14, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »

and "wishing something to happen" is totally different from "promising something which then just doesnt happen" like....the Rio'01 promise to come back "next year with a bunch of new songs" but they never came back yet (this last Rio01 is near 7 years ago now!!) i still feel kinda sad for the fans there. was there any excuse for that anyway? i cant remember having read such an excuse.

Haha!

That must be one of the lamest examples of a promise I've seen.

Maybe at the time, they thought there'd be a full world tour in 2002 including dates in South America. Is that possible?

Or do you want to hear what Slash or Perla thinks about it?  hihi

and as Slash's book has the main percentuage about the old band era the book surely deverses much more being called "GN'R related" than any VR/Snakepit stuff. its also an inside look about GN'R for sure coming from a band member directly.

And what makes him the spokesperson for the whole band that gives him the right to be the GN'R biographer?

It's just one guy telling his story and part of the story involves GN'R.

Obviously since he doesn't even remember much and he didn't start the band, he doesn't seem like the right guy to tell the "GN'R story".

If you take his GN'R stories seriously and think it's the honest truth, you need to buy a bridge from me because I have one for sale.

You can always say you're describing an event and then say shit like "then he did this and that which I don't understand why and it was stupid".

But since you're not describing enough background on the event, nobody outside of the people involved will know the full story.

Your description of the event might make you look cool and point fingers at others, but if the full background was known, things might look very different.

And no, not all GN'R fans are automatically Axl fans.  peace

Wrong - fucking - site.

I find it pretty impossible to come to this GN'R site and not be a fan of the singer at some level.

wanna ask again if anybody ever have read/heard something about Perla talking about this "incident"?

No.

Now, I still don't fucking get how you can even debate this shit.

One side has said one fucking thing all along.

The other side has changed the story from "no" to "yes, but...".

An old friend of Slash's, who probably knows him better than you and me, says that it's possible Slash did those things. You still won't believe it.

Why are you in denial?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1106 on: November 14, 2007, 08:04:54 PM »

i know loads of people who love gnr but think axl is a cunt.

and specualtion of an event is pointless.

you take the piss out of people who comment on things axl said which never came to pass, he was specualting on what he thought could happen, it didn't.

but shit like "do you want to hear what Slash and Perla thinks about it?"  uncalled for and antagonistic.

but hey this is a gnr site for gnr fans right, taking the piss out of anyone who doesn't agree with axl is fine  Roll Eyes
----------

and as for the one persons view thing, slash makes a point that the other members may see things differently. you don't need to constantly bring it up because anyone who read the book would already know this.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1107 on: November 14, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »

No.

Now, I still don't fucking get how you can even debate this shit.

One side has said one fucking thing all along.

The other side has changed the story from "no" to "yes, but...".

An old friend of Slash's, who probably knows him better than you and me, says that it's possible Slash did those things. You still won't believe it.

Why are you in denial?

/jarmo

Denial?? How about just don't care.? Why does anyone give a flying f*** about this anyway?? No, one second thought, don't answer that cuz don't care.? Move on people!? Can't y'all find something else more constructive/productive to talk about?? 45 pgs and counting regurgitating the same old crap.? What a waste of time and energy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1108 on: November 14, 2007, 08:29:23 PM »

i know loads of people who love gnr but think axl is a cunt.

Yeah, I've seen those around and I'm glad they are slowly getting the message that this place isn't for them.

but shit like "do you want to hear what Slash and Perla thinks about it?"  uncalled for and antagonistic.

Oh sure it is.

But bringing what Axl said in Rio de Janeiro in 2001 isn't?

What does that have to do with the book?

but hey this is a gnr site for gnr fans right, taking the piss out of anyone who doesn't agree with axl is fine  Roll Eyes

Depends what you don't agree with.

and as for the one persons view thing, slash makes a point that the other members may see things differently. you don't need to constantly bring it up because anyone who read the book would already know this.

It doesn't seem like certain people remember it.

If you read the book for what it is, that's one thing

If you read it as an inside story of GN'R, then there's gonna be problems.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:33:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1109 on: November 14, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »

Legendary GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will sign copies of his self-titled memoir, "Slash", in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Monday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m. at Chapters Festival Hall.

From Blabbermouth.net

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:25:43 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
darkdays_01
« Reply #1110 on: November 14, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »

I enjoyed reading the book. ?Slash and Izzy are pretty damn lucky to be alive. Duff was alot more mild than i thought atleast he came across that way but Slash and Izzy were machines. Also kinda sounded like Steve Clark dying had a little bit of an effect on Slash from the brief paragraph about Steve. I always wondered that about GN'R and Def Leppard, to total different bands but all of those guys seemed to get along, still do it seems, as there is a cool pic of Joe and Duff from the Classic Rock awards but i always thought ?back in the day that would have made for one helluva show. When they were both at the top of there game. ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1111 on: November 14, 2007, 09:32:19 PM »

I enjoyed reading the book.  Slash and Izzy are pretty damn lucky to be alive. Duff was alot more mild than i thought atleast he came across that way but Slash and Izzy were machines.

You're forgetting Steven.

/jarmo

darkdays_01
« Reply #1112 on: November 14, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »

I enjoyed reading the book.? Slash and Izzy are pretty damn lucky to be alive. Duff was alot more mild than i thought atleast he came across that way but Slash and Izzy were machines.

You're forgetting Steven.

/jarmo

Yeah i hear ya, those three are really lucky and Duff came closer to death than any of them. Of course Steven is a walking corpse, hopefully he is getting his shit back together.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1113 on: November 15, 2007, 02:38:19 AM »

- Rio'01-Rio02 comeback = lamest example of a promise? actually those Axl words fit way more for being the lamest promise for south american gnr fans. "plan changing" but not even any excuse for that for near 7 years.
- book: Slash was in GN'R in their heyday so surely its an inside look into GN'R through his eyes, its not some person with zero involvement into GN'R who has written that book. you say "he doesn't seem like the right guy to tell the "GN'R story" then who is? the "official" biographer back then was Del James (and still is?). remember his last press release where he bashed the old band for GN'R "always being Axl's version" and then bashed fans and stuff? that got removed some fast from the official gnr-site (why? hihi) its very hard to imagine he would give "the best inside GN'R" book but still he seems to be the official biographer. probably he has zero interest in such a release anyway, same for Axl, surprise? Shocked but please prove me wrong, surely we would like to read other views!! we only have the Slash book from the 5 band members, the Marc Canter release which IS kick-ass and the RJ photobook officially yet.
- and no, about the Axl/Slash-house story in general i dont believe any speculation from people not being there. nobody should do when it comes to judging - based on the facts we know.
- yeah, i think the main public got the point that this site "now" is more new band orientated. but people can be Slash fans coming here? the way you act in general when it comes to Slash, come on, take any official GN'R release on your hifi-system and you have Slash on there with the only exception of "Oh My God".
and allmighty "My World".

all above are mainly only replies to Jarmo's reply/quote. i had no intention to quote that all again.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1114 on: November 15, 2007, 10:08:26 AM »

- Rio'01-Rio02 comeback = lamest example of a promise? actually those Axl words fit way more for being the lamest promise for south american gnr fans. "plan changing" but not even any excuse for that for near 7 years.

You really don't get it.....

Do you know what a promoter does?

Did you know that Axl doesn't book the tours himself? Does that surprise you?

- book: Slash was in GN'R in their heyday so surely its an inside look into GN'R through his eyes, its not some person with zero involvement into GN'R who has written that book. you say "he doesn't seem like the right guy to tell the "GN'R story" then who is? the "official" biographer back then was Del James (and still is?). remember his last press release where he bashed the old band for GN'R "always being Axl's version" and then bashed fans and stuff? that got removed some fast from the official gnr-site (why? hihi) its very hard to imagine he would give "the best inside GN'R" book but still he seems to be the official biographer. probably he has zero interest in such a release anyway, same for Axl, surprise  Shocked but please prove me wrong, surely we would like to read other views!! we only have the Slash book from the 5 band members, the Marc Canter release which IS kick-ass and the RJ photobook officially yet.

Who's the best person to give the GN'R story?

Well, obviously the people who were there from day one. You figure it out.

I understand that you're ecstatic that you got an "official release" from Slash. But it still says Slash on the cover, not GN'R.

- and no, about the Axl/Slash-house story in general i dont believe any speculation from people not being there. nobody should do when it comes to judging - based on the facts we know.

Would you disagree with this then: A close friend often has a good idea of what a person is like. What he/she might do and what not.

the way you act in general when it comes to Slash, come on, take any official GN'R release on your hifi-system and you have Slash on there with the only exception of "Oh My God".

I don't know what to say. It just seems like the people who post shit like this are just plain stupid., Sorry to all you sensitive Slash fans.

If you can't see the difference between me being a fan of Slash's work in GN'R and not agreeing with what he says in his book, then you might need to ask somebody who can explain it to you.

I never discredited his work in GN'R. You, and others like you, time after time point out how I shouldn't listen to the old GN'R records because Slash plays on them.

What the fuck?

Edit: Here's a guy, who's a moderator at a site named after a GN'R album that Slash has nothing to do with and also associated with a site dedicated to the "new GN'R", telling me I shouldn't listen to the GN'R songs with Slash on them. Amusing.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:04:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1115 on: November 15, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »

- book: Slash was in GN'R in their heyday so surely its an inside look into GN'R through his eyes, its not some person with zero involvement into GN'R who has written that book. you say "he doesn't seem like the right guy to tell the "GN'R story" then who is? the "official" biographer back then was Del James (and still is?). remember his last press release where he bashed the old band for GN'R "always being Axl's version" and then bashed fans and stuff? that got removed some fast from the official gnr-site (why? hihi) its very hard to imagine he would give "the best inside GN'R" book but still he seems to be the official biographer. probably he has zero interest in such a release anyway, same for Axl, surprise? Shocked but please prove me wrong, surely we would like to read other views!! we only have the Slash book from the 5 band members, the Marc Canter release which IS kick-ass and the RJ photobook officially yet.
- yeah, i think the main public got the point that this site "now" is more new band orientated. but people can be Slash fans coming here? the way you act in general when it comes to Slash, come on, take any official GN'R release on your hifi-system and you have Slash on there with the only exception of "Oh My God".

all above are mainly only replies to Jarmo's reply/quote. i had no intention to quote that all again.

I agree that the only people that know for sure what happened that night at Axl's house are the ones that were there.  But, it is telling that a close friend believes that Slash did say something negative about his bandmates and that Slash's bandmates themselves believed that he did say some bad things about them.

And about Del James bashing the old GN'R, I don't agree at all.  He was saying that Axl's creative vision guided the band more so than the others, as evidenced by the evolution in the band's sound with the Illusion records.

Ali
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1116 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »

Legendary GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will sign copies of his self-titled memoir, "Slash", in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Monday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m. at Chapters Festival Hall.

From Blabbermouth.net

I seen that...Im thinking about making the trip up..I got screwed over on meeting him over the summer with that whole VIP thing so I'd liek it...Anyone ever been to these? Do you have to buy his book there or just have it with you? can you get pictures or?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »

/jarmo

the guys WAS an insider in the band, so i find it laughable for you to make such a statement.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1118 on: November 15, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »

/jarmo

the guys WAS an insider in the band, so i find it laughable for you to make such a statement.
I think Jarmo meant that if people take Slash's book as solid fact to everything that might've happened when Slash was in GNR, that there's gonna be problems.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1119 on: November 15, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »

/jarmo

Yes, he was an insider in the band, but his PERSPECTIVE is not the DEFINITIVE perspective on the inner workings of the band.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: