Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226602 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1080 on: November 14, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »

^^ thats in any Biography book

Sure, but I don't see people calling those books "the best books about GN'R" or stuff like that.

You have to remember what this book really is and who wrote it. It's not some biography about GN'R. It's what Slash remembers or wants to remember about his days in the band among other things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1081 on: November 14, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm the guy sniffing vibes in places Slash attends to go...

brilliant.   the vibe sniffing thing wasn't even funny last month.    typical fucking slash fan who needs to crack jokes @ Axl or Robin or anyone else in the GNR camp in order to make himself feel better.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1082 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

communicating is some important thing, exspecially when it comes to bands and fans. Axl overall fails in this as he rarely does it. sure its easier to shut up than to talk often when having to deal with the press/fans interpretating every word you've said. "when you dont talk you cant be caught lying"....this seems to play some bigger role in Axl's life than in Slash's ones.

but when it comes to bullshit talking i pretty much remember some crap coming from Axl's mouth about his promises 2001+ mostly regarding to releases.

and yes, i rate this slash book very much GN'R related as its mostly about the memories of the old band era from the lead guitarist himself. we dont get anything like that from Axl or others yet so i pretty much enjoy such a release, errors here and there. and i guess you've bought it cause of that aswell.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:33:59 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1083 on: November 14, 2007, 01:48:04 PM »

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

Legally speaking, yes.? According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.? The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

So it is "NEW GNR" then, is it true Jarmo?

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1084 on: November 14, 2007, 01:49:20 PM »

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

Legally speaking, yes.  According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.  The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

well then "legally speaking" the name of the band is Guns N' Roses.
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1085 on: November 14, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »

Legally speaking, yes.? According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.? The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

But legally its a new Guns N' Roses and its a different band just under the same name

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1086 on: November 14, 2007, 01:58:22 PM »

Christos, i've followed those words from "reckless road" before. i'm not trying to take any credit out of him and what he has done but in this case simply the beginning? "I was not there but I do believe that...." puts an end to it. all after it is based on pure speculation, doesnt matter how long he knows both, he simply wasnt there so he can't know "the truth" about what has been said @ that event.

from the Slash-Axl's-house-visit we now know a lot of the Slash story he wants to have out to the world. from the Axl camp we dont know more than the press release and that Beta talking (yet).
overall we could agree to the fact that Axl wasnt the spokeperson when Slash came over to his house as both (Axl/Slash) said they haven't spoken in over 10 years and Beta said she was the one Slash talked to. so there is basically zero need to hear Axl's story about. unless there are video proofs -for example by security cams at Axl's house- only the story by the involved people would be the ones truth related and thats as we know now (and for now only): Slash, Beta and Perla.

as a result:
IF video proofs exist about this and would be made available in an unedited form....well, that would put an end to any speculation, huh?
but (if?) this is not the case.....logically (here we are again with logic? hihi) why should Axl comment on this "incident" when he wasnt there and wasn't involved in any talking himself? even if he decides to let us know his own view about the Slash visit....all he could prove would be the small paper with Slash's words on it, right?

question: did Perla ever said something about this "incident"?

Slash's stories changed over the time, yes....but he IS talking and communicating with the fans a lot. hell, he just released a book gnr related!! hey, an OFFICIAL release? peace

I would be willing to bet there was some video of Slash visiting Axl's house.  I'm sure someone as famous as Axl does not go without video security.  He can't afford to especially considering the problems he has had with stalkers in the past.  Is there audio to go with that video?  That would be interesting to say the least.  I have to believe there is something, some kind of proof or else Axl would be opening the Pandora's Box on a defamation lawsuit.

Ali
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1087 on: November 14, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »

The only official GN'R book is Robert John's photo book from the 90s.

what about George Chin's book?
Was that not band endorsed as well?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1088 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

Legally speaking, yes.  According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.  The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

But legally its a new Guns N' Roses and its a different band just under the same name

IF thats the case (and we dont know that it is), that dosen't make them "New GNR".   The name is still "Guns N 'Roses".
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #1089 on: November 14, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

So they aren't the same band as before? That explains A LOT!!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1090 on: November 14, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »

I can't believe we're still arguing about GN'R vs New GN'R name and shit.

It is Guns N' Roses.

The spirit and music (old & new) is the same. I see no differences in the feelings I get with the band now. They're are still the same as back in the 90's.

But hey, if you want to play with grammar and legal terms, go on ! Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #1091 on: November 14, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

Yeah, I'm the guy sniffing vibes in places Slash attends to go...

brilliant.   the vibe sniffing thing wasn't even funny last month.    typical fucking slash fan who needs to crack jokes @ Axl or Robin or anyone else in the GNR camp in order to make himself feel better.

I wouldn't even mention it if you wouldn't start with "Slash's personal assistant"....  Kiss

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1092 on: November 14, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »

communicating is some important thing, exspecially when it comes to bands and fans. Axl overall fails in this as he rarely does it. sure its easier to shut up than to talk often when having to deal with the press/fans interpretating every word you've said. "when you dont talk you cant be caught lying"....this seems to play some bigger role in Axl's life than in Slash's ones.

Why do you suddenly have to make it all about Axl?

but when it comes to bullshit talking i pretty much remember some crap coming from Axl's mouth about his promises 2001+ mostly regarding to releases.

Do we need to go through that again?

Just because you wish something to happen doesn't mean it eventually will.

and yes, i rate this slash book very much GN'R related as its mostly about the memories of the old band era from the lead guitarist himself. we dont get anything like that from Axl or others yet so i pretty much enjoy such a release, errors here and there. and i guess you've bought it cause of that aswell.

I didn't buy it.

I read it because unlike many others, I wanna know what I'm talking about.

It's a Slash book, not a GN'R book. So you can call it GN'R related all you want but it's also VR related.... And Snakepit etc etc.

He focuses on the era that most people know.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he thanks GN'R fans instead of thanking his own fans.....

And no, not all GN'R fans are automatically Slash fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAC185
« Reply #1093 on: November 14, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »

I don't see this book as GN'R related.

Of course its about Slash. Wasn't he in Guns N Roses for a while?

Jarmo you've been posting some decent and logical posts here in this thread, but surely you can appreciate why that sounds stupid?

Obviously this isn't a book of facts about Guns N Roses, but its certainly GNR related.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1094 on: November 14, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »

I don't see this book as GN'R related.

Of course its about Slash. Wasn't he in Guns N Roses for a while?

Jarmo you've been posting some decent and logical posts here in this thread, but surely you can appreciate why that sounds stupid?

Obviously this isn't a book of facts about Guns N Roses, but its certainly GNR related.

It is GN'R related, but not strictly GN'R related.

I think that was the point.

Ali
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1095 on: November 14, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »

if you would have read correctly my communication comment wasnt all about Axl. it was a general comment about needed communication from bands with fans, a descripition of how Axl and Slash handle it differently with the remark that Axl simply rarely does it and so actually fails in this.

but the way you "pick" quotes from Slash's book and fans comments here with one of your intention to make him look more bad over and over there shouldnt be a surprise that fans in return remind the public that not only Slash did the bullshit talking but the Axl-man aswell.
and "wishing something to happen" is totally different from "promising something which then just doesnt happen" like....the Rio'01 promise to come back "next year with a bunch of new songs" but they never came back yet (this last Rio01 is near 7 years ago now!!) i still feel kinda sad for the fans there. was there any excuse for that anyway? i cant remember having read such an excuse.

and as Slash's book has the main percentuage about the old band era the book surely deverses much more being called "GN'R related" than any VR/Snakepit stuff. its also an inside look about GN'R for sure coming from a band member directly.

And no, not all GN'R fans are automatically Axl fans. ?peace
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:35:17 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1096 on: November 14, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »

if you would have read correctly my communication comment wasnt all about Axl. it was a general comment about needed communication from bands with fans, a descripition of how Axl and Slash handle it differently with the remark that Axl simply rarely does it and so actually fails in this.

but the way you "pick" quotes from Slash's book and fans comments here with one of your intention to make him look more bad over and over there shouldnt be a surprise that fans in return remind the public that not only Slash did the bullshit talking but the Axl-man aswell.
and "wishing something to happen" is totally different from "promising something which then just doesnt happen" like....the Rio'01 promise to come back "next year with a bunch of new songs" but they never came back yet (this last Rio is near 7 years ago now!!) i still feel kinda sad for the fans there. was there any excuse for that anyway?

and as Slash's book has the main percentuage about the old band era the book surely deverses much more being called "GN'R related" than any VR/Snakepit stuff. its also an inside look about GN'R for sure coming from a band member directly.

And no, not all GN'R fans are automatically Axl fans. ?peace

At best, Slash's book is his inside perspective on his time in GN'R.  At worst, it's incomplete and raises more questions than it gives answers.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1097 on: November 14, 2007, 05:39:07 PM »

About the Rio thing.. Have you ever heard of planning? Sometimes it doesn't work and you move on with new plans. How can this be called a lie?

Talking about future - and not happening - is a broken promise or just something that didn't work out. The future is not certain. 

Talking about past - which is certain - and not get the facts straight is indeed a lie. You just choose not to tell what really happened.

Of course I assume everybody knows that, but it seems to be often forgotten in order to backup some invalid point.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1098 on: November 14, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »

About the Rio thing.. Have you ever heard of planning? Sometimes it doesn't work and you move on with new plans. How can this be called a lie?...

if that is directed to my comment then read it again please. i did never use the word "lie" in this context. "bullshit talking " and "promising" were the words.
and please...you will have a hard time to convince me and exspecially the Rio/south american fans with "plans changing" in this. they toured so many other countries since but the mainman -all in love he appears to be with Brazil- didnt perform there again yet for the next ~ 7 years, neither there was any excuse for.

but lets stay Slash book topic please, i like a release like this? ok
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:50:48 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1099 on: November 14, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »

Christos, i've followed those words from "reckless road" before. i'm not trying to take any credit out of him and what he has done but in this case simply the beginning  "I was not there but I do believe that...." puts an end to it. all after it is based on pure speculation, doesnt matter how long he knows both, he simply wasnt there so he can't know "the truth" about what has been said @ that event.

The thing is that I've heard the exact same quote as reclessroad's from another person (I don't want to name him in public) who knows both Axl and Slash about the visit at Axl's house. That person found the whole incident kinda funny, but a bit later he said the exact same thing as reclessroad.

It seems that many people close to Slash think that he might have said those words...

And usually where there's smoke...

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: