Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226689 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1060 on: November 13, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »

So as Ali said, you think it's LOGICAL for any sensible human beings to settle lawsuits at 5AM?

And as I said, the press release said it was 5:30 a.m. ?Slash said "one night".

Do you think it's logical to lie to everybody about it happening just because it's more convenient and then claim your book is going to set the record straight?

Actually yeah, that does make sense. ?In a book, you have more time to express the story without having to justify it a million times over to everyone who asks.

Do you think it's logical for any human being to believe every word of what somebody who was drinking and doing drugs for a twenty year period says about that time in his life?

Once again, you're painting an inaccurate portrait of me as this Slash idolator that you want me to be. ?Because if that's the case, you can continue to ignore any of the logic that I present by just using the old "Slash is your hero, so you blindly worship him" counter. ?Ironic, since you do the same thing in reverse.

Why?

You think he should've gone over to Scott's house instead to tell him?

Okay, that's just a flat out dumb thing to say.

I'm sure Slash has plenty of people he could talk to besides his bandmates if he needed to vent. ?It's fucking idiotic to believe that Slash would immediately run to someone he hasn't spoken to in ten fucking years if he needed a shoulder, especially someone who Slash knew would probably not even open the fucking door to him, and it's doubly idiotic to assume Slash would start spewing his guts out to fucking BETA, somebody he doesn't even fucking know.

Here, I'll throw out a couple names just to make my point....it would've made a hell of a lot more sense to call Izzy Stradlin or Steven Adler if he had to rant about his VR bandmates. ?Neither of those guys is involved in VR and Slash actually has a current relationship with them. ?Add to that the fact that neither of those guys would go public in this huge, vicious tirade about Slash's bandmates as Axl did, which is another conundrum. ?Don't you think Slash would have the foresight to realize what Axl might do if he decided to spill his guts to him?

As I said, maybe he thought VR was over, as in those guys were his former band mates.

Irrelevant. ?He still wouldn't logically pick Axl to talk to. ?

I guess you really buy the whole "we're a gang" bullshit?

No, but I wouldn't talk about buying into bullshit if I were you. ?That press release was nasty and vindictive and believable strictly to Axl diehards. ?Nobody with an ounce of sensisbilty is buying into any of those ridiculous statements. ?Truth be told, I might've actually believed there to be some interaction between Slash and Beta if it weren't for that outlandish document.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1061 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »

Well actually, it depends on what version of Slash's story you're choosing to believe.? First Slash never showed up at Axl's house at all.? Then he showed up, in regards to the lawsuit.? Then he showed up, because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl about speaking negatively of him to the media and other things.? Which of Slash's 3-4 different accounts of the story do you choose to believe??

Ah, I bet you're one of those guys who believes that Slash "changes his story" about why he left Guns N Roses, just because he has several different reasons for leaving.

According to Slash's book, the note basically told Axl "let's work it out, call me".? Very concise, could've meant anything and everything.? So is it not possible that Slash could've wanted to discuss the lawuit, and apologize?? Or is it just insanely incredulous that there could actually be more than one fucking reason for anything Slash does or any fucking person does?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1062 on: November 13, 2007, 10:51:48 PM »

It also made no sense that he would drive up to Axl's out of the blue at 5:30 a.m. while he was drunk to settle a lawsuit.? But, he did that.? Would you have really believed that he would do that out of the blue?? I wouldn't have.? I would have said it was highly unlikely.

I will admit it was surprising, I would've doubted that Slash would think he could budge Axl about anything.? But it must be stated that Slash said he went by there "one night", he didn't say he went there at 5:30 a.m.? And who knows, he have had intentions of handing that note over before he was drunk, and the intoxication just happened on the way there.

I might think that was in the press release was absurd if Slash hadn't lied about the situation to begin with.? Then again, Slash's friend said on this very board that the one thing with Axl is that you always get the truth.

I might give the press release more credence, but it's nothing more than a flagrant Slash character assassination.? You can't even argue otherwise, because all it does is smear Slash in a major way.? Even if there's truth to it, it was obviously released with malevolent intentions.? And I'll say it again, even if Axl is behind it, I've always said that lawyers got their hands on that thing and spiced it up to the point where it was as provocative as it is.? Even if Slash did say something to Beta that night, it got filtered through several sources before meeting the press release.

And maybe I missed something, but what Slash friend?? Whoever this person is, I'm going to say what I've always said, just because Axl hasn't been caught in a lie doesn't mean he's always 100% honest.? I think that's a huge problem around here for Axl fanatics.

Slash made not have said exactly what time it was, but he didn't say it wasn't 5:30 a.m. either. ?Still, regardless of the time, wouldn't have it surprised you for Slash to show up at Axl's place whether it was 11:00 p.m. or 5 a.m.? ?For me, the time doesn't make any difference. ?I would've been surprised if it was broad daylight.

Of course the press release is an angry lashing out at Slash. ?I wouldn't have believed the press release in and of itself because it was so angry. ?But, what swayed me was Slash lying about it and another thing no one has mentioned: ?if what was reported in that press release never was said, then Axl would be leaving himself open to a defamation or libel lawsuit. ?His lawyers would not have allowed that press release to come out like that if they believed there was no truth to it. ?Plus, of course, Slash lied about it.

The friend of Slash's I am referring to posts under the name reckless road. ?As in the just released GN'R book. ?I think it is pretty obvious who exactly that is if you read the posts and are familiar with the book. ?Say what you want about Axl, but the bottom line is that guy has known Axl well for 23 years. ?None of us can make that claim. ?That alone makes him more qualified than you or I to speak to Axl's propensity for honesty.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1063 on: November 13, 2007, 10:59:05 PM »

So as Ali said, you think it's LOGICAL for any sensible human beings to settle lawsuits at 5AM?

And as I said, the press release said it was 5:30 a.m. ?Slash said "one night".

Do you think it's logical to lie to everybody about it happening just because it's more convenient and then claim your book is going to set the record straight?

Actually yeah, that does make sense. ?In a book, you have more time to express the story without having to justify it a million times over to everyone who asks.

Do you think it's logical for any human being to believe every word of what somebody who was drinking and doing drugs for a twenty year period says about that time in his life?

Once again, you're painting an inaccurate portrait of me as this Slash idolator that you want me to be. ?Because if that's the case, you can continue to ignore any of the logic that I present by just using the old "Slash is your hero, so you blindly worship him" counter. ?Ironic, since you do the same thing in reverse.

Why?

You think he should've gone over to Scott's house instead to tell him?

Okay, that's just a flat out dumb thing to say.

I'm sure Slash has plenty of people he could talk to besides his bandmates if he needed to vent. ?It's fucking idiotic to believe that Slash would immediately run to someone he hasn't spoken to in ten fucking years if he needed a shoulder, especially someone who Slash knew would probably not even open the fucking door to him, and it's doubly idiotic to assume Slash would start spewing his guts out to fucking BETA, somebody he doesn't even fucking know.

Here, I'll throw out a couple names just to make my point....it would've made a hell of a lot more sense to call Izzy Stradlin or Steven Adler if he had to rant about his VR bandmates. ?Neither of those guys is involved in VR and Slash actually has a current relationship with them. ?Add to that the fact that neither of those guys would go public in this huge, vicious tirade about Slash's bandmates as Axl did, which is another conundrum. ?Don't you think Slash would have the foresight to realize what Axl might do if he decided to spill his guts to him?

As I said, maybe he thought VR was over, as in those guys were his former band mates.

Irrelevant. ?He still wouldn't logically pick Axl to talk to. ?

I guess you really buy the whole "we're a gang" bullshit?

No, but I wouldn't talk about buying into bullshit if I were you. ?That press release was nasty and vindictive and believable strictly to Axl diehards. ?Nobody with an ounce of sensisbilty is buying into any of those ridiculous statements. ?Truth be told, I might've actually believed there to be some interaction between Slash and Beta if it weren't for that outlandish document.

No, no, no.  Believing the statement is not just about being an Axl diehard.  It is about Slash lying about the situation to begin with.  If that weren't enough to undermine someone's credibility or honesty in regards to a situation then no witness's credibility would ever be questioned by criminal lawyers.

As much as you try and argue with logic, you aren't using it here at all.  If someone lies about one aspect of a story then there is every reason to question their truthfulness on other aspects of the story.  That's as logical as it gets, man.  Years of legal action and procedure back that up.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »

Slash made not have said exactly what time it was, but he didn't say it wasn't 5:30 a.m. either.

He said "one night". ?5:30 a.m. is in the morning, when the sun is coming up.

Still, regardless of the time, wouldn't have it surprised you for Slash to show up at Axl's place whether it was 11:00 p.m. or 5 a.m.?

Yes, I admit I'm surprised by it. ?But I think the issue with the time is that there is a difference between showing up at 5:30 a.m. ?The way it sounded in the book, he and Perla were cruising and then stopped by. ?Sure it was planned, but not the same as an erratic trip to someone's house at 5:30 a.m.

another thing no one has mentioned: ?if what was reported in that press release never was said, then Axl would be leaving himself open to a defamation or libel lawsuit. ?His lawyers would not have allowed that press release to come out like that if they believed there was no truth to it.

Ironic, since I tend to believe lawyers, publicists or somebody had a hand in making it sound as dramatic and incendiary as it was. ?But there wasn't anything inflammatory enough for Axl to be subjected to a lawsuit. ?The first amendment protects a lot, to be sure.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1065 on: November 13, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

If someone lies about one aspect of a story then there is every reason to question their truthfulness on other aspects of the story.? That's as logical as it gets, man.? Years of legal action and procedure back that up.

Yeah, I understand that.  But what I've been saying is that just because Slash lied once doesn't mean the press release is rife with veracity.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1066 on: November 13, 2007, 11:24:41 PM »

Slash made not have said exactly what time it was, but he didn't say it wasn't 5:30 a.m. either.

He said "one night". ?5:30 a.m. is in the morning, when the sun is coming up.

Still, regardless of the time, wouldn't have it surprised you for Slash to show up at Axl's place whether it was 11:00 p.m. or 5 a.m.?

Yes, I admit I'm surprised by it. ?But I think the issue with the time is that there is a difference between showing up at 5:30 a.m. ?The way it sounded in the book, he and Perla were cruising and then stopped by. ?Sure it was planned, but not the same as an erratic trip to someone's house at 5:30 a.m.

another thing no one has mentioned: ?if what was reported in that press release never was said, then Axl would be leaving himself open to a defamation or libel lawsuit. ?His lawyers would not have allowed that press release to come out like that if they believed there was no truth to it.

Ironic, since I tend to believe lawyers, publicists or somebody had a hand in making it sound as dramatic and incendiary as it was. ?But there wasn't anything inflammatory enough for Axl to be subjected to a lawsuit. ?The first amendment protects a lot, to be sure.

I live in California and the sun is not up at 5:30 a.m.  That is early for the sun, man.  The sun rises tomorrow at 6:24 a.m. in Los Angeles and this is after the end of Daylight Savings time.  It was still night at 5:30 a.m. when Slash showed up at Axl's.

I'm sure the lawyers had some influence on the statement released, but they would not be doing their job if they left their client open to a lawsuit.  They would lose Axl's business (which is probably pretty damn good at that) if they screwed up like that.

Ali
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1067 on: November 13, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »

If someone lies about one aspect of a story then there is every reason to question their truthfulness on other aspects of the story.  That's as logical as it gets, man.  Years of legal action and procedure back that up.

Yeah, I understand that.  But what I've been saying is that just because Slash lied once doesn't mean the press release is rife with veracity.

ANd do you think he wouldn't lie about the rest either?

CD will be out when it's out. ....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1068 on: November 13, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »

This incident and the resulting negative effect it had on Velvet Revolver was very unsettling to me.....[jump down another couple paragraphs]...but what hurt the most was that I had to defend myself to my band.  I showed up and insisted that what was alleged wasn't true, but the way Axl had written this thing made it sound so matter-of-fact that everyone seemed to think it was.  The guys were very dubious about accepting my story.  At the same time, I was very sincere about telling them the truth.

I guess what surprises me is that they (VR) did not believe him when he told them his story?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1069 on: November 14, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »

Congrats to Slash!!!? The book made #8 on best sellers list!? Good job and way to go!!

The book is all in all a good read.? Well-written, funny, sad, honest, entertaining, and jaw-dropping.
Too bad some of you love to split hairs over the most mundane, insignifant details and can't appreciate it for what it is...one member's recollections of events who readily admits that its only his perception and others may have seen things differently.? Can't stand the fact that Slash may come off looking like the "bigger" person?? He does say some wonderful things about poor Axl.?
Why do some of you have to promote the Slash vs Axl thing?? Why does there have to be a bad guy, someone to blame?? Its so "elementry school".? If anything they were a case study for dysfunction and miscommunication and Slash accepts his share of responsibility for the way things went down - does Axl?? Didn't think so.?
Obviously they weren't equipped to handle the beast that was GNR.? Their management let them down it would seem to some degree.? Anyway, reality check...this isn't a contest or a campaign.? Stop nit-picking and scouring the pages for any shred of any bit of info to misconstrue and use to further your anti-Slash pro-Axl agenda.? Its so ignorant and immature.? ? ?
The Beta incident is just a bunch of he said-she said bullshit.? Grow up.? The fact that Slash doesn't have to resort to slinging mud and dragging it out in public speaks to his character and Axl's press-release about the incident speaks to his suspicious/malicious motives.
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #1070 on: November 14, 2007, 12:55:25 AM »

great book,, Slash is the one and only.. no doubt

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #1071 on: November 14, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »

I'm fascinated that Slash didn't mention anything negative about the GN'R songs they recorded. He didn't even mention My World.

That comes in handy later when you tell everybody how flexible you are and you were ready for an industrial album.......

/jarmo

Or better yet....what did he think of "One in a Million"?  You mean they didn't even have a discussion about it that was worth putting in the book.

Of course they did, he just didn't put that part in the book  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

who are you?  Slash's personal assistant?   How thoughtful of Slash to have his people answering and responding to fans.

Yeah, I'm the guy sniffing vibes in places Slash attends to go...

@ LunsJail: i guess there was too many things to be written and "song-discussion" got left out of the book... I'm not sure either.

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1072 on: November 14, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

I'm sure Slash has plenty of people he could talk to besides his bandmates if he needed to vent.

How do you know this?

Considering the time of day that it happened.

It's fucking idiotic to believe that Slash would immediately run to someone he hasn't spoken to in ten fucking years if he needed a shoulder, especially someone who Slash knew would probably not even open the fucking door to him, and it's doubly idiotic to assume Slash would start spewing his guts out to fucking BETA, somebody he doesn't even fucking know.

Now I get it.

You're ASSUMING things and then make your logical decisions based on those assumptions.

Now, let me ask you this, how come Slash doesn't know Beta?

He never met her even though she's been working for Axl since the 90s?

You seem to know a lot about who Slash knows and who he could talk to so maybe you can enlighten us all.....

Also, answer this, is it uncommon for people to talk and talk but then realize later on that maybe they shouldn't have said that? But it just felt good to talk because the other person listened and maybe you're not used to having anybody just listen to what you have to say....

Here, I'll throw out a couple names just to make my point....it would've made a hell of a lot more sense to call Izzy Stradlin or Steven Adler if he had to rant about his VR bandmates.  Neither of those guys is involved in VR and Slash actually has a current relationship with them. 

Are you serious?

Don't you think Slash would have the foresight to realize what Axl might do if he decided to spill his guts to him?

You mean do I think the guy, who has said many things over the years that he might regret today, would think ahead?

Maybe, but I don't think it's impossible that he didn't.

He even claims he was drunk at the time. Have you ever been drunk?

Irrelevant.  He still wouldn't logically pick Axl to talk to. 

He didn't "pick" Axl to talk to. I thought your logical thinking would make you understand.

No, but I wouldn't talk about buying into bullshit if I were you.  That press release was nasty and vindictive and believable strictly to Axl diehards.  Nobody with an ounce of sensisbilty is buying into any of those ridiculous statements.  Truth be told, I might've actually believed there to be some interaction between Slash and Beta if it weren't for that outlandish document.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

You're "defending" a guy who claims he didn't even go to the house. Ridiculous.

The fact that Slash doesn't have to resort to slinging mud and dragging it out in public speaks to his character and Axl's press-release about the incident speaks to his suspicious/malicious motives.

Haha! That's funny considering how Slash admits that he has said some things about Axl that he now regrets.

How you can call the book honest is puzzling.

Maybe it's honest about certain details, but it only paints the picture that Slash wants the readers to see.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1073 on: November 14, 2007, 11:03:26 AM »

so where is Axl's book??we need "the truth" now? hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1074 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »

i guess there was too many things to be written and "song-discussion" got left out of the book... I'm not sure either.

Many things got left out.

I guess some of them he doesn't remember, some he remembers like he wants to remember and some he just didn't wanna mention.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:06 AM »

so where is Axl's book??we need "the truth" now? hihi

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!
? ? ? ? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1076 on: November 14, 2007, 11:42:24 AM »

For those of you who so easily forget or can't handle the truth...

I was not there but I do believe that Slash said bad things about the guys in VR because at that time he was not geting along with them  and he was trying to patch something up with Axl regarding a law suit. He probably lied about it so he wouldn't make things worst with VR then they already were.

It was just a few pages back.

And before you ask who recklessroad is:

I have known Axl very well for 23 years and Slash for 31 years and one thing for sure, Axl does not lie. You will always get the truth form Axl. The problem is  a lot of the time you won't get any comment from Axl at all because his words have been twisted so many times. If he set a date for the record, he ment it. I heard the record in Aug 2006 (and by the way it's great)and he told me it would be out before Xmas of 2006. The problem is things change as days go by  that were unseen at the time he set those dates and thats what keeps holding  the record back. In the past Slash has said some things to the press that were not right about Axl. Slash was pissed off about a lot of things that happened between them.Also he was most likley drunk at the time and sometimes you say things that are fucked-up when you are in that state of mind. You have to remember that Slash is clean and sober now and has been for over a year. They have not sent me a copy of Slash's book yet.  So I can't really talk about the book but I know where Slash is in his life now and I think you will find that while he is still upset about some things, he is trying to set things somewhat right. The best he can do. I was probably  one of the only ones who remained very good friends with both Slash and Axl for all these years. They are not kids anymore and they both have evolved into different people and have many differences of opinions. What we do have is the music that was made from a band that were all into what they were doing for that time.Yes that music turned out to be timeless and will last forever. Now they are all making great music with other people. So stop fighting about it and except it  because all of it is great stuff. Don't waste you energy going back and forth about this stuff and enjoy the Music they make for you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:44:36 AM by Christos AG » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1077 on: November 14, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »

Christos, i've followed those words from "reckless road" before. i'm not trying to take any credit out of him and what he has done but in this case simply the beginning? "I was not there but I do believe that...." puts an end to it. all after it is based on pure speculation, doesnt matter how long he knows both, he simply wasnt there so he can't know "the truth" about what has been said @ that event.

from the Slash-Axl's-house-visit we now know a lot of the Slash story he wants to have out to the world. from the Axl camp we dont know more than the press release and that Beta talking (yet).
overall we could agree to the fact that Axl wasnt the spokeperson when Slash came over to his house as both (Axl/Slash) said they haven't spoken in over 10 years and Beta said she was the one Slash talked to. so there is basically zero need to hear Axl's story about. unless there are video proofs -for example by security cams at Axl's house- only the story by the involved people would be the ones truth related and thats as we know now (and for now only): Slash, Beta and Perla.

as a result:
IF video proofs exist about this and would be made available in an unedited form....well, that would put an end to any speculation, huh?
but (if?) this is not the case.....logically (here we are again with logic? hihi) why should Axl comment on this "incident" when he wasnt there and wasn't involved in any talking himself? even if he decides to let us know his own view about the Slash visit....all he could prove would be the small paper with Slash's words on it, right?

question: did Perla ever said something about this "incident"?

Slash's stories changed over the time, yes....but he IS talking and communicating with the fans a lot. hell, he just released a book gnr related!! hey, an OFFICIAL release? peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1078 on: November 14, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »

^^ thats in any Biography book

edit:
^^ thats in any book based on memories from 1 person.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:04:46 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1079 on: November 14, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »

Slash's stories changed over the time, yes....but he IS talking and communicating with the fans a lot. hell, he just released a book gnr related!! hey, an OFFICIAL release  peace

So as long as he communicates with his fans, it doesn't matter if it's bullshit and lies?

I don't see this book as GN'R related. It's a book about Slash....

Now, Reckless Road is related to an era in GN'R's history....

The only official GN'R book is Robert John's photo book from the 90s.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: