Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226710 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1040 on: November 13, 2007, 08:36:52 PM »

I don't get it.

Where does he say he didn't say those things about his band mates?

Okay, portions of my reply went ignored there.

Okay, so Slash misread the release. ?He STILL maintained that all that happened was that he handed a very succinct note to Axl's assistant, that said something to the effect of "let's work this out, call me". ?That's it.

He says he had to tell his band mates he hadn't and wanted to tell them the truth.

Yep.

It says Slash wanted to inform Axl about certain things.

How anybody can believe Slash is pretty amazing in itself...

How anybody can believe that ridiculous press release is pretty amazing too. ?And to be honest, after re-reading it, I might have to agree with you chaps on one point: after reading that bullshit, how could any of Slash's bandmates believe it to be true? ?The way the press release is worded, it's making Slash sound like he showed up and dived onto his knees and started bawling "AXL, YOU ARE SO STRONG! ?I'M SO WEAK! ?EVERYONE SUCKS BUT YOU!"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1041 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:27 PM »

I don't get it.

Where does he say he didn't say those things about his band mates?

Okay, portions of my reply went ignored there.

Okay, so Slash misread the release. ?He STILL maintained that all that happened was that he handed a very succinct note to Axl's assistant, that said something to the effect of "let's work this out, call me". ?That's it.

He says he had to tell his band mates he hadn't and wanted to tell them the truth.

Yep.

It says Slash wanted to inform Axl about certain things.

How anybody can believe Slash is pretty amazing in itself...

How anybody can believe that ridiculous press release is pretty amazing too. ?And to be honest, after re-reading it, I might have to agree with you chaps on one point: after reading that bullshit, how could any of Slash's bandmates believe it to be true? ?The way the press release is worded, it's making Slash sound like he showed up and dived onto his knees and started bawling "AXL, YOU ARE SO STRONG! ?I'M SO WEAK! ?EVERYONE SUCKS BUT YOU!"

Well, despite your dramatic rendition, I never took it as anything but a guy just completely venting by railing his bandmates, not any kid of sucking up to Axl.

The reason why I believe it is that Slash lied about ever going to Axl's house to begin with.  There was no reason to do that.  He could have very easily said from the get-go why he went there and be done with it, but he didn't.  For me, the lying renders Slash's credibility on this issue, and I am speaking of this issue alone, virtually non-existent.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1042 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »

Okay, so Slash misread the release.  He STILL maintained that all that happened was that he handed a very succinct note to Axl's assistant, that said something to the effect of "let's work this out, call me".  That's it.

You think this is what happened:

Slash and Perla drive up to the gate.

Beta comes out.

Beta: Yes?

Slash:  Lips Sealed

Slash hands her the note and leaves with Perla behind the wheel.

Really?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #1043 on: November 13, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »

Okay, so Slash misread the release.? He STILL maintained that all that happened was that he handed a very succinct note to Axl's assistant, that said something to the effect of "let's work this out, call me".? That's it.

Beta comes out.

Slash:? Lips Sealed

Really?

/jarmo

Maybe he belives on SANTA CLAUS,perharps The Big Foot of Montans...

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: November 13, 2007, 08:58:27 PM »

Well, despite your dramatic rendition, I never took it as anything but a guy just completely venting by railing his bandmates, not any kid of sucking up to Axl.

Christ man, are you kidding me? ?Here, let me repost the release which you posted to begin with...

and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

Oh, so Slash WAGED WAR against Axl for 20 YEARS! and culminatively admitted that AXL PROVED HIMSELF STRONGER!. ? No, that wouldn't be trying to kiss Axl's ass, would it? ?And you're citing my dramatics, hell, whomever wrote that press release (Axl or otherwise) should submit it to Broadway. ?An actor could win a Tony award enacting those words.

And if Slash needed to vent about his VR bandmates, why in red hell would he choose Axl, or even less, Beta, as his listening ear? ?You actually believe he needed to get some personal issues off his chest, so he made a venture to see Axl -- a guy he hasn't spoken to in 10 years -- to do so?

The reason why I believe it is that Slash lied about ever going to Axl's house to begin with.? There was no reason to do that.?

"I lied (about this issue) because didn't want to get into the whole story. ?That's why most people lie, I guess." --- Slash, recent interview

If Slash admits he went there to "stop the war" between himself and Axl, the questions aren't going to cease there. ?People are going to ask "what war" and demand details. ?It would be an endless stream of requests on the story. ?Saying he didn't go there at all stifles that. ?Pretty easy to understand from my standpoint.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1045 on: November 13, 2007, 09:03:46 PM »

Okay, so Slash misread the release.? He STILL maintained that all that happened was that he handed a very succinct note to Axl's assistant, that said something to the effect of "let's work this out, call me".? That's it.

Beta comes out.

Really?

/jarmo

you think slash turned up sober at 5am as the press release stated?

really?

there's bullshit from both sides.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: November 13, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »

Christ man, are you kidding me? ?Here, let me repost the release which you posted to begin with...

and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

Oh, so Slash WAGED WAR against Axl for 20 YEARS! and culminatively admitted that AXL PROVED HIMSELF STRONGER!. ? No, that wouldn't be trying to kiss Axl's ass, would it? ?And you're citing my dramatics, hell, whomever wrote that press release (Axl or otherwise) should submit it to Broadway. ?An actor could win a Tony award enacting those words.

And if Slash needed to vent about his VR bandmates, why in red hell would he choose Axl, or even less, Beta, as his listening ear? ?You actually believe he needed to get some personal issues off his chest, so he made a venture to see Axl -- a guy he hasn't spoken to in 10 years -- to do so?

The reason why I believe it is that Slash lied about ever going to Axl's house to begin with.? There was no reason to do that.?

"I lied (about this issue) because didn't want to get into the whole story. ?That's why most people lie, I guess." --- Slash, recent interview

If Slash admits he went there to "stop the war" between himself and Axl, the questions aren't going to cease there. ?People are going to ask "what war" and demand details. ?It would be an endless stream of requests on the story. ?Saying he didn't go there at all stifles that. ?Pretty easy to understand from my standpoint.

Of course there was some effort to make the press release have a dramatic impact. ?That still doesn't mean that I took the situation it described as any more than a guy venting and railing against his bandmates.

Why would Slash vent to Beta, and by proxy Axl, about VR? ?Who knows but Slash himself. ?Why would he drive to Axl's house drunk at 5:30 a.m. and go outside his legal counsel to settle a lawsuit? ?Who knows but Slash himself.

And your justification for Slash lying is really, really weak. ?It's beyond weak actually. ?He could have very easily said he went there because he wanted to put an end to the lawsuit and left it at that. ?If he was telling the truth, it wouldn't matter what questions and details people demanded. ?He would've been telling the truth and he could've stood by that.

He lied and his credibility on the issue is gone. ?It's that simple.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1047 on: November 13, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »

Beta comes out.

Really?

/jarmo

you think slash turned up sober at 5am as the press release stated?

really?

there's bullshit from both sides.

The press release stated he was not appearing to be under influence. ?That is not the same as saying he was sober.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1048 on: November 13, 2007, 09:13:12 PM »

Beta comes out.

Slash: ?Lips Sealed

Really?

Before I answer that, let's present the alternate scenario (the one that you believe)....

Slash needs to vent about his VR bandmates.

Slash thinks about who might listen to him do that.

Slash decided to vent to one AXL ROSE....to whom he hasn't spoken in 10 years and is currently embroiled in bitter legal battles! ?That definitely makes the most sense!

Slash decides to do this at 5:30 in the fucking morning.

Beta comes out, someone who is feasibly a complete stranger to Slash.

Slash, without warning, unloads on this total stranger. ?DUFF IS SPINELESS! ?I HATE MATT SORUM! ?SCOTT'S A FRAUD! ?I'VE BEEN WAGING WAR AGAINST AXL FOR 20 YEARS! ?I'M SO SORRY! ?HE'S PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE STRONGER! WAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAA!

Roll Eyes ?Even "Santa Claus" is more believable than that. ?So let me reword your original statement in more likely terms....

Slash is sensible enough to realize that Axl would not even let him through the gate, much less let talk to him.

So Slash wrote the note in advance.

Beta comes out.

Yes, as a matter of fact, that is a much more plausible scenario. ? ?ok
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1049 on: November 13, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »

Why would Slash vent to Beta, and by proxy Axl, about VR? ?Who knows but Slash himself. ?Why would he drive to Axl's house drunk at 5:30 a.m. and go outside his legal counsel to settle a lawsuit? ?Who knows but Slash himself.

What was it you were saying earlier?  Loretian was raising some interesting questions?  Don't look now, but you've unwittingly acknowledged good questions that I am raising.

Yeah?  Well, judging by the absurdities contained in the press release, I'd say Axl (or whoever in his camp authored it) never had any credibility on this issue to begin with.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1050 on: November 13, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »

Yes, as a matter of fact, that is a much more plausible scenario.    ok

You know why it makes sense to you?

Because you don't want to believe your hero Slash would ever do such a thing.

We don't know all the details.

I tend to believe the side who didn't change their story over the years. You choose to believe a guy who lied about this matter.

In a time when he didn't know if VR was gonna continue, you seem to think it's totally impossible that Slash would say anything bad about his band mates.

Read the book again and you'll see how many nice things he says about his SnakepitII "friends".

This book seems to be more about what Slash wants us to believe than the actual truth. Do you think it's a coincidence that he's left out certain things?

He even admitted that he doesn't remember much of what happened, and after reading the book it's easy to see why, and you still consider him a trustworthy source....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1051 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »

After reading the book it does seem like Slash probable said those things . Hell even he says he was drunk. Maybe he was so drunk that it is one of the things he doesn't remember all that well.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: November 13, 2007, 09:45:23 PM »

You know why it makes sense to you?

Because you don't want to believe your hero Slash would ever do such a thing.

That's a very presumptuous, logically streamlined, and ultimately inaccurate statement.

I believe that because it doesn't seem fucking LOGICAL for any sensible human being to do what you're alleging Slash did.

We don't know all the details.

The operative word being "we". ?Meaning all of us.

I tend to believe the side who didn't change their story over the years. You choose to believe a guy who lied about this matter.

I choose to believe a guy whose story makes more sense (even with one admitted lie) than a strikingly infantile and outlandish press statement, which for the record, Axl has never repeated (which constitutes 100% accuracy in your view) or even verified that he was entirely behind it.

In a time when he didn't know if VR was gonna continue, you seem to think it's totally impossible that Slash would say anything bad about his band mates.

To Beta? ?It's highly unlikely. ?Once again, you took my statements out of context. ?I didn't say Slash was incapable of saying anything bad about VR. ?I was asserting that it made no sense to go way out of his way (at 5:30 a.m. no less) to make these very personal statements to Axl or Beta, two people who aren't a part of his life.

Read the book again and you'll see how many nice things he says about his SnakepitII "friends".

Yeah, Snakepit being his former bandmates, not his current ones.

This book seems to be more about what Slash wants us to believe than the actual truth.

Call it perspective Jarmo. ?I'm sure Axl's is different, and that be the case for Duff, Izzy, and Steven as well.

Do you think it's a coincidence that he's left out certain things?

Well, damn Jamro, I don't know, but might I suggest you answered your own question right here.....

He even admitted that he doesn't remember much of what happened

and you still consider him a trustworthy source..

Another presumptuous statement. ?I judge it case by case, and we're only discussing one case here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:49:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: November 13, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »

What was it you were saying earlier?? Loretian was raising some interesting questions?? Don't look now, but you've unwittingly acknowledged good questions that I am raising.

Yeah?? Well, judging by the absurdities contained in the press release, I'd say Axl (or whoever in his camp authored it) never had any credibility on this issue to begin with.

Sure, you raised some good questions, too.  Not the same as the ones Loretian did, but still good.  I'm not going to deny I was surprised that Slash would do that.

I might think that was in the press release was absurd if Slash hadn't lied about the situation to begin with.  Then again, Slash's friend said on this very board that the one thing with Axl is that you always get the truth.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1054 on: November 13, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »

To Beta? ?It's highly unlikely. ?Once again, you took my statements out of context. ?I didn't say Slash was incapable of saying anything bad about VR. ?I was asserting that it made no sense to go way out of his way (at 5:30 a.m. no less) to make these very personal statements to Axl or Beta, two people who aren't a part of his life.

It also made no sense that he would drive up to Axl's out of the blue at 5:30 a.m. while he was drunk to settle a lawsuit.  But, he did that.  Would you have really believed that he would do that out of the blue?  I wouldn't have.  I would have said it was highly unlikely.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1055 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:04 PM »

It also made no sense that he would drive up to Axl's out of the blue at 5:30 a.m. while he was drunk to settle a lawsuit.? But, he did that.? Would you have really believed that he would do that out of the blue?? I wouldn't have.? I would have said it was highly unlikely.

I will admit it was surprising, I would've doubted that Slash would think he could budge Axl about anything.? But it must be stated that Slash said he went by there "one night", he didn't say he went there at 5:30 a.m.? And who knows, he have had intentions of handing that note over before he was drunk, and the intoxication just happened on the way there.

I might think that was in the press release was absurd if Slash hadn't lied about the situation to begin with.? Then again, Slash's friend said on this very board that the one thing with Axl is that you always get the truth.

I might give the press release more credence, but it's nothing more than a flagrant Slash character assassination.? You can't even argue otherwise, because all it does is smear Slash in a major way.? Even if there's truth to it, it was obviously released with malevolent intentions.  And I'll say it again, even if Axl is behind it, I've always said that lawyers got their hands on that thing and spiced it up to the point where it was as provocative as it is.  Even if Slash did say something to Beta that night, it got filtered through several sources before meeting the press release.

And maybe I missed something, but what Slash friend?? Whoever this person is, I'm going to say what I've always said, just because Axl hasn't been caught in a lie doesn't mean he's always 100% honest.? I think that's a huge problem around here for Axl fanatics.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:25:52 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1056 on: November 13, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »

I believe that because it doesn't seem fucking LOGICAL for any sensible human being to do what you're alleging Slash did.

So as Ali said, you think it's LOGICAL for any sensible human beings to settle lawsuits at 5AM?

Do you think it's logical to lie to everybody about it happening just because it's more convenient and then claim your book is going to set the record straight?

Do you think it's logical for any human being to believe every word of what somebody who was drinking and doing drugs for a twenty year period says about that time in his life?

I didn't say Slash was incapable of saying anything bad about VR.  I was asserting that it made no sense to go way out of his way (at 5:30 a.m. no less) to make these very personal statements to Axl or Beta, two people who aren't a part of his life.

Why?

You think he should've gone over to Scott's house instead to tell him?

Yeah, Snakepit being his former bandmates, not his current ones.

As I said, maybe he thought VR was over, as in those guys were his former band mates.

I guess you really buy the whole "we're a gang" bullshit?

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1057 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:01 PM »

43 pages and counting.  Wow.

We are beating this shit to death.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1058 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »

Slash is sensible enough to realize that Axl would not even let him through the gate, much less let talk to him.

Well actually, it depends on what version of Slash's story you're choosing to believe.  First Slash never showed up at Axl's house at all.  Then he showed up, in regards to the lawsuit.  Then he showed up, because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl about speaking negatively of him to the media and other things.  Which of Slash's 3-4 different accounts of the story do you choose to believe?  You're saying that it doesn't make sense that Slash would show up at Axl's and vent about VR at 5:30 in the morning, but it makes sense that he'd show up at Axl's at 5:30 in the morning to discuss a lawsuit?  Or that he'd show up at 5:30 to bury the hatchet and apologize about things that happened a decade before?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1059 on: November 13, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »

Well actually, it depends on what version of Slash's story you're choosing to believe.  First Slash never showed up at Axl's house at all.  Then he showed up, in regards to the lawsuit.  Then he showed up, because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl about speaking negatively of him to the media and other things.  Which of Slash's 3-4 different accounts of the story do you choose to believe?  You're saying that it doesn't make sense that Slash would show up at Axl's and vent about VR at 5:30 in the morning, but it makes sense that he'd show up at Axl's at 5:30 in the morning to discuss a lawsuit?  Or that he'd show up at 5:30 to bury the hatchet and apologize about things that happened a decade before?

No no, you don't get it. It seems LOGICAL to most sensible human beings that Slash changes his story all the time.

hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: