Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226786 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2007, 06:10:43 AM »

maybe have an intervention wth Dr. phil; ...

Let us hope not. The guy is not only a turd and media whore, but also a fraud. Their differences could be resolved over a good bottle of whiskey.

Obviously not...

I think he is say they should all just sit down and talk through all the bull shit. maybe over a bottle of whiskey.

That was a joke. Considering how much whisky's been consumed in gn'r I doubt that's the solution. hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1021 on: November 13, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »

maybe have an intervention wth Dr. phil; ...

Let us hope not. The guy is not only a turd and media whore, but also a fraud. Their differences could be resolved over a good bottle of whiskey.

Obviously not...

I think he is say they should all just sit down and talk through all the bull shit. maybe over a bottle of whiskey.

I think in a drunken stupor, I was rude and boorish. I submit a formal apology to Polluxlm and any who were offended. My actions were those of a drunken fool. My apologies.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1022 on: November 13, 2007, 07:28:16 AM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired

Oh yeah I forgot Axl never used drugs. Roll Eyes Please, Axl's version of that stuff would say that he has no Control issue that he's Just all around nice guy.
I would say Slash's book is most accuate. Making axl out to be a control freak and megalomaniac, trying to force everyone to do things his way by persuasion or legally, is right on the nose. because it is A WELL KNOWN FACT that axl is this way.

As if axl was the only driving force behind that band. What crap. 1/5 does not make a whole.
I am not saying that Axl never used drugs, what I think was that he certainly lived a dream that became a reality, and that reality meant enough to him, so much that he learned not to mix business with pleasure, which is more than u can say for the rest of the band.  Someone had to take control, of course he was the driving force, all the others were a fucking train wreck.  It is all a matter of opinion and your intitled to your own, and so am I, but in all truthfulness, I really do not care, in the end it isn't gonna change my life, and in the morning, I am still gonna be a true fan, I am still gonna read all their books if they write em, and I am still gonna love them all the same, because really its not the bands own personal trauma that counts its the music they made!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: November 13, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired.

about accuracy, I tend to trust who keeps a diary.? yes
well said!! Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #1024 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:15 AM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired.

Oh yeah I forgot Axl never used drugs. Roll Eyes Please, Axl's version of that stuff would say that he has no Control issue that he's Just all around nice guy.
I would say Slash's book is most accuate. Making axl out to be a control freak and megalomaniac, trying to force everyone to do things his way by persuasion or legally, is right on the nose. because it is A WELL KNOWN FACT that axl is this way.

As if axl was the only driving force behind that band. What crap. 1/5 does not make a whole.

your head is so far up slash's ass its impossible to take your posts seriously.
That was mature Roll Eyes

[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

Cause I?m not the only person who ever walked down the street and smoked a joint at 12, 13 years old, smoked a joint with someone and all of a sudden I?m getting a blow job from the guy.

rofl

cheers estrangedpaul   beer

wouldn't be funny if he was gay.. but straight men do not get blowjobs from guys. no steven, thats not normal..  hihi

Ask Robin Finck...  rofl

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
CSS
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »

Ask Robin Finck...

That shit has already been covered and talked to death before, look back a couple of pages.

We know, everyone is gay... Alright?

Hilarious.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1027 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:40 AM »

I'm fascinated that Slash didn't mention anything negative about the GN'R songs they recorded. He didn't even mention My World.

That comes in handy later when you tell everybody how flexible you are and you were ready for an industrial album.......

/jarmo

Or better yet....what did he think of "One in a Million"?  You mean they didn't even have a discussion about it that was worth putting in the book.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: November 13, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »

Regarding the "new guitarist" remark, maybe Axl was being serious, but not necessarily cold-hearted.  Perhaps his message to Slash was along the lines that if you have no cares for your own life, that's one thing, but there are others that are depending on you and by destroying yourself, you're taking them down with you.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1029 on: November 13, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

Regarding the "new guitarist" remark, maybe Axl was being serious, but not necessarily cold-hearted.? Perhaps his message to Slash was along the lines that if you have no cares for your own life, that's one thing, but there are others that are depending on you and by destroying yourself, you're taking them down with you.

That's a possibility.  I guess that ultimately, Axl is the only one who could answer the question of what exactly he meant when he said that.

Ali
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #1030 on: November 13, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »

I'm fascinated that Slash didn't mention anything negative about the GN'R songs they recorded. He didn't even mention My World.

That comes in handy later when you tell everybody how flexible you are and you were ready for an industrial album.......

/jarmo

Or better yet....what did he think of "One in a Million"?  You mean they didn't even have a discussion about it that was worth putting in the book.

Of course they did, he just didn't put that part in the book  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1031 on: November 13, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

/jarmo

Or better yet....what did he think of "One in a Million"?? You mean they didn't even have a discussion about it that was worth putting in the book.

Of course they did, he just didn't put that part in the book? Roll Eyes? Roll Eyes
You'd think that, with all the controversy surrounding that song, and Slash being against Axl using the word 'nigger' in the song, he would've bothered to put that in the book. (if he did indeed not put anything about that in the book)

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1032 on: November 13, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

/jarmo

Or better yet....what did he think of "One in a Million"?? You mean they didn't even have a discussion about it that was worth putting in the book.

Of course they did, he just didn't put that part in the book? Roll Eyes? Roll Eyes

Yeah, that's my point.  Why not? 

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1033 on: November 13, 2007, 05:00:53 PM »

/jarmo

Of course they did, he just didn't put that part in the book  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

who are you?  Slash's personal assistant?   How thoughtful of Slash to have his people answering and responding to fans.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

I think the CONSTANT drug ABUSE is more appalling than the word nigger. Well at least in the context it was used in One on a Million.
And again did I miss the explanation for the tilte Spahetti Incident?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1035 on: November 13, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »

For example, when it comes to the press release Axl put out about the statements Slash said about his bandmates, you'll note he never actually denies making those statements.? The way it's worded, you'll get the impression that he didn't, but if you read it carefully, he never actually says that he didn't.? It's also telling that everyone in Velvet Revolver immediately believed that he made those statements.? People who had (mostly) known him for many years automatically assumed it was true.? Why would that be?

I am sitting here in disbelief as I've noticed a few people on these forums are actually agreeing with your statements here, and I had to be the one to clarify this.

Dude, did you really pay attention to what Slash said here?? (Obviously not)? He explained exactly what was said to Axl and why his bandmates believed it.? Here, I'll quote page 446-447 verbatim...

It was around this time that Axl chose to send out a press release that did nothing but add fuel to the fire.? It's been widely documented, so I won't do it justice by going into it all, but in short, Axl released a statement claiming that I'd come by his house, extremely coherent, early one morning to ask him to please settle the lawsuit between us that had been ongoing for years by this point.? It also claimed that he and I talked for awhile and that I had nothing but disparaging comments to make about Scott Weiland and everyone else in my band.

The truth is, I haven't spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996.? It's sad but it's true.? I did go by his house one night but I was drunk -- Perla wasn't and she was driving.? I walked up to the door and delivered a note that read something like "Let's work this out.? Call me --Slash."? But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant.

Then, a few columns down....

This incident and the resulting negative effect it had on Velvet Revolver was very unsettling to me.....[jump down another couple paragraphs]...but what hurt the most was that I had to defend myself to my band.? I showed up and insisted that what was alleged wasn't true, but the way Axl had written this thing made it sound so matter-of-fact that everyone seemed to think it was.? The guys were very dubious about accepting my story.? At the same time, I was very sincere about telling them the truth.

So tell me, what exactly is there to misinterpret about this?? Let's review...

1. Slash states very CLEARLY that he has NOT spoken a word to Axl since 1996, which is pretty damn evident that he didn't on that night, according to him.
2. Slash states that he gave Axl's assistant a note, he didn't even see Axl in person.? (I highly doubt Axl would've even come to the door if Slash showed up).
3. Slash's states very directly that the way Axl worded the press release made his bandmates doubtful.? Also, the prior page had featured Slash discussing some business turmoil within VR that had made band relations a little shaky, and that this press release happened at a time when his bandmates were perhaps a little hostile with him anyway at the time.

And let's also remember that Axl later publicly admitted at a 2006 Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in 10 years, which negates all the allegations made in his press release.? In fact, I've always suspected that the press release wasn't entirely orchestrated by Axl himself, but by his attorneys and yes man who surround him in abundance.

Again, it's blown my mind to see people on this thread agreeing with you, implying to me than nobody read that section very well.? The above quoted paragraphs make Slash's side of the story very clear.? Maybe he didn't explicitly state "I DIDN'T SAY ALL THOSE THINGS!", but I think "The truth is, I haven't spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996.", and then saying he didn't talk to Axl directly but left a note with an assistant, is a more than apt explanation.

Finally, one thing really, really disgusted me.? He gets to the point of suicide, and essentially blames it entirely on Axl.? He doesn't outright say that, but that's pretty much what is implied.

Not really.? It was pretty clear to me that the situation circulating around the band and band relationships at the time caused Slash's suicidal tendencies.? The passage in which he discusses it just happens to be found after a talk about being in the studio with Axl in the middle of the night.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:20:32 PM by Bridge » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2007, 08:15:26 PM »

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

Legally speaking, yes.? According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.? The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

Several times in the book you should stop and think "is this the whole picture he's painting?".

Yes Jarmo, you've made that clear to us.  I think we understand what you mean.  I can only offer the same rebuttal that everyone else has: this is SLASH's autobiography.  It is HIS viewpoint.  I doubt anyone here (including Slash diehards) truly believe it's anything more.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:22:47 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

For example, when it comes to the press release Axl put out about the statements Slash said about his bandmates, you'll note he never actually denies making those statements.? The way it's worded, you'll get the impression that he didn't, but if you read it carefully, he never actually says that he didn't.? It's also telling that everyone in Velvet Revolver immediately believed that he made those statements.? People who had (mostly) known him for many years automatically assumed it was true.? Why would that be?

I am sitting here in disbelief as I've noticed a few people on these forums are actually agreeing with your statements here, and I had to be the one to clarify this.

Dude, did you really pay attention to what Slash said here?? (Obviously not)? He explained exactly what was said to Axl and why his bandmates believed it.? Here, I'll quote page 446-447 verbatim...

It was around this time that Axl chose to send out a press release that did nothing but add fuel to the fire.? It's been widely documented, so I won't do it justice by going into it all, but in short, Axl released a statement claiming that I'd come by his house, extremely coherent, early one morning to ask him to please settle the lawsuit between us that had been ongoing for years by this point.? It also claimed that he and I talked for awhile and that I had nothing but disparaging comments to make about Scott Weiland and everyone else in my band.

The truth is, I haven't spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996.? It's sad but it's true.? I did go by his house one night but I was drunk -- Perla wasn't and she was driving.? I walked up to the door and delivered a note that read something like "Let's work this out.? Call me --Slash.? But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant.

Then, a few columns down....

This incident and the resulting negative effect it had on Velvet Revolver was very unsettling to me.....[jump down another couple paragraphs]...but what hurt the most was that I had to defend myself to my band.? I showed up and insisted that what was alleged wasn't true, but the way Axl had written this thing made it sound so matter-of-fact that everyone seemed to think it was.? The guys were very dubious about accepting my story.? At the same time, I was very sincere about telling them the truth.

So tell me, what exactly is there to misinterpret about this?? Let's review...

1. Slash doesn't mention that he's drunk to guve himself an excuse, he says it because Axl alleged that he was "coherent".
2. Slash states very CLEARLY that he has NOT spoken a word to Axl since 1996, which is pretty damn evident that he didn't on that night, according to him.
3. Slash states that he gave Axl's assistant a note, he didn't even see Axl in person.? (I highly doubt Axl would've even come to the door if Slash showed up).
4. Slash's states very directly that the way Axl worded the press release made his bandmates doubtful.? Also, the prior page had featured Slash discussing some business turmoil within VR that had made band relations a little shaky, and that this press release happened at a time when his bandmates were perhaps a little hostile with him anyway at the time.

And let's also remember that Axl later publicly admitted at a 2006 Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in 10 years, which negates all the allegations made in his press release.? In fact, I've always suspected that the press release wasn't entirely orchestrated by Axl himself, but by his attorneys and yes man surrounding him in abundance.

Again, it's blown my mind to see people on this thread agreeing with you, implying to me than nobody read that section very well.? The above quoted paragraphs make Slash's side of the story very clear.? Maybe he didn't explicitly state "I DIDN'T SAY ALL THOSE THINGS!", but I think "The truth is, I haven't spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996.", and then saying he didn't talk to Axl directly but left a note with an assistant, is a more than apt explanation.

Finally, one thing really, really disgusted me.? He gets to the point of suicide, and essentially blames it entirely on Axl.? He doesn't outright say that, but that's pretty much what is implied.

Not really.? It was pretty clear to me that the situation circulating around the band and band relationships at the time caused Slash's suicidal tendencies.? The passage in which he discusses it just happens to be found after a talk about being in the studio with Axl in the middle of the night.

A couple of things.? First, Slash misread and misinterpreted what the statement said:

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Not appearing to be under the influence and being extremely coherent are not one in the same.? Hardcore functional alcoholics can be coherent while not showing any obvious signs of being under the influence.? That's my experience at least.? Second, though it isn't completely clear from the statement Axl released, if you read it carefully, it does not say that Axl and Slash spoke.? After this came out, on this very board, Beta admitted she was the one who spoke to Slash and this was long before the book came out.

So, your theory that what Axl said at that Korn party negates what was said in the press release isn't true.? The press release doesn't explicitly state that Axl and Slash directly spoke.? It's like if I say that my friend called to tell me that he was going to be late to meet me at the gym.? You can ask, "oh, so did you speak to him?" because it isn't obvious from what I said whether or not I did or didn't speak to him.? I can come back and say "No, he left a message."? That doesn't make my initial statement that he called to tell me he'd be late a false statement.? What they were attempting to get across in that press release was that Slash essentially left a message for Axl stating those things.

Loretian asks some very good questions, though.? Despite how matter of fact it sounds, why would they believe that Slash said those things?? I don't care how matter of fact it sounds, I don't believe there would be any belief put in the statement by Axl unless there was some underlying lack of trust at the time.? I wouldn't believe one of my friends said that about me unless I didn't completely trust them for whatever reason.? And what about Slash's friend of 31 years who posted on this very board that although he wasn't there, he believes that Slash said some negative things about his bandmates?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49668.740

Ali
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:34:27 PM by Ali » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »

I don't get it.

Where does he say he didn't say those things about his band mates?

He says he had to tell his band mates he hadn't and wanted to tell them the truth.

Axl's press release doesn't specify who Slash spoke to. It says Slash wanted to inform Axl about certain things.

How anybody can believe Slash is pretty amazing in itself..... He's changed his version of what happened that night several times over the years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: November 13, 2007, 08:33:19 PM »

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

Legally speaking, yes.? According to the technicalities, Axl had to exit the old GNR partnership agreement, and start a new band where there was no partnership, just full on control.? The document that Axl had forced Izzy, Duff, and Slash to sign provided the opportunity to do that.

Several times in the book you should stop and think "is this the whole picture he's painting?".

Yes Jarmo, you've made that clear to us.? I think we understand what you mean.? I can only offer the same rebuttal that everyone else has: this is SLASH's autobiography.? It is HIS viewpoint.? I doubt anyone here (including Slash diehards) truly believe it's anything more.

Forced them to sign? ?Nowhere does it say that the contract was signed under duress. ?If it were under duress, such as the threat of cancelling a tour and losing millions of dollars, it would be voidable. ?In fact, doesn't Slash say that he and Duff, not including Izzy, hired lawyers to work out the deal? ?And technically, Slash and Duff would still be members in the "new" GN'R, there were just clauses, including bad behaviour clauses (my guess is that means drug abuse) that made them feel like hired hands.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: