Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227024 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2007, 03:50:14 PM »

but straight men do not get blowjobs from guys.? no steven, thats not normal..?

Straight men who are desparately drug-addicted probably do.?

There's no 'probably' about it.? It's been happening since drugs were introduced to mankind.  It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.  It has to do with (as you said) a desperate addiction and an addict who will do anything to quell it.  Rock stars, poets, anybody who has been addicted to drugs has gone through those things.? As Prince said, "the river of addiction flows..."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:51:49 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #941 on: November 10, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »

but straight men do not get blowjobs from guys.  no steven, thats not normal.. 

Straight men who are desparately drug-addicted probably do. 

There's no 'probably' about it.  It's been happening since drugs were introduced to mankind.  It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.  It has to do with (as you said) a desperate addiction and an addict who will do anything to quell it.  Rock stars, poets, anybody who has been addicted to drugs has gone through those things.  As Prince said, "the river of addiction flows..."

Listen to The Ramones' "53rd & 3rd"......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #942 on: November 10, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »

how's that?
how does he blow?

only gnr work of his we ever heard and know of is pretty good....good enough for the band to agree to release it on UYI....good enough for the band to release it on a soundtrack of a film....

how does he blow?

Slash doesn't hate too many people, and if he can't stand this guy, and the rest of the band hated him, that's good enough for me.  Never mind that he was one of Axl's yes men, that in the end accomplished nothing over the years. 

But Paul was one of Axl's friends he must be a great guy!  Everyone must hate Slash, he left poor Axl. /sarcasm off
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #943 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

how's that?
how does he blow?

only gnr work of his we ever heard and know of is pretty good....good enough for the band to agree to release it on UYI....good enough for the band to release it on a soundtrack of a film....

how does he blow?

Slash doesn't hate too many people, and if he can't stand this guy, and the rest of the band hated him, that's good enough for me.? Never mind that he was one of Axl's yes men, that in the end accomplished nothing over the years.?

But Paul was one of Axl's friends he must be a great guy!? Everyone must hate Slash, he left poor Axl. /sarcasm off

You completely missed the point.

How would any of us know if he blows or not?  We wouldn't that's the answer.

And just because he didn't get along with Slash, that means he "blows" or makes him a "yes-man"?

Please.  He's just a friend of Axl's that didn't click with Slash.  That's it.

Ali
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #944 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

Turning tricks is slang for prostitution.  Steven admitted that he and Slash (during GNR's early, pre huge success years) whored themselves out to both men and women, performing sex acts on them in exchange for drugs or money to buy drugs.

Steven admitted this; Slash has neither confirmed it or denied it.  But as I said before, this is very common practice among drug addicts, whether they're rock stars or just street dwellers.

This has never been said about Slash - Steven said that he used to do it in an interview with talking metal - he lived near Slash at the time but didn't say Slash got involved.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1139&Itemid=1

MS: Now we?re pretty much done with the interview, but we?ve heard the stories, that you?d suck someone?s cock for drugs. Was that in your book,
or in an interview?

SA:  That?s not in my book.

MS: Did you say it in an interview?

SA: No, okay.  When I was 12, 13 years old, I grew up in Hollywood, off
Santa Monica Boulevard and Fairfax.

MS: Right.

(Note: To our readers not familiar with this area, this intersection is pretty much in the heart of West Hollywood. Also known as ?boys town? and is the central district for the gay and lesbian community of Los Angeles. It is not uncommon to see grown men walking hand in hand and kissing in public with male prostitutes on many of the street corners.)

SA: Okay, Santa Monica Boulevard is a gay neighborhood.

SA: Where people, pick up, where guys will pick up guys.

SA:  So, you know Slash, I lived on Hayworth, North Hayworth, and Slash lived on Sweetzer. So there was a couple times I?d walk down the street and I got a blow job from some guy. I was thirteen years old, I use to walk around with a fucking hard-on, and you know 24 hours a day. And I, was, you know you?re a teenager, and you?re not getting girls doing it. And so I was partying with somebody, and I got a blow job. I was thirteen years old, I was, WHAT! I?m
the only one?

(Steven now becomes a little bit defensive)

MS: No, but we?re just asking because you?ve been pretty open about it?

SA: No, I know, but for the people reading this, that, if, people say, oh well that never happened to me or I never thought that, or blah, blah, blah, you know they?re fucking full of SHIT! Cause I?m not the only person who ever walked down the street and smoked a joint at 12, 13 years old, smoked a joint with someone and all of a sudden I?m getting a blow job from the guy. Okay, it?s not something I was looking for, it just happened ? I was a teenager growing up. There?s nothing wrong with it. You know, and I?m pretty sure I?m not the only one who?s ever had that happen to.

Thanks for the link. OMG, I was so shocked reading this. I had no idea steven was getting BJ's from men at 13...Funny as hell, yet disturbing. Yeah I agree, No Steven this is not normal. What a coke head.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:36:06 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #945 on: November 10, 2007, 11:20:13 PM »

No Steven this is not normal. What a coke head.

I get a kick out of you guys' usage of the 'N' word.  Yeah, rock stars are really known to lead "normal" lives, aren't they?   Tongue
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #946 on: November 10, 2007, 11:53:53 PM »

I get a kick out of you guys' usage of the 'N' word.? Yeah, rock stars are really known to lead "normal" lives, aren't they?? ?Tongue

No one said rock stars are normal. Steven thinks everyone does this. the dude is sick. getting bj's from men at 13 isn't normal, Rockstar or no. Tongue
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #947 on: November 11, 2007, 12:14:18 AM »

I get a kick out of you guys' usage of the 'N' word.  Yeah, rock stars are really known to lead "normal" lives, aren't they?   Tongue

Steven was a rockstar when he was 13?   no, probalby just some dumb nieve kid who liked to get fucked up.    But i'm sorry its pretty funny if you are a straight heterosexual participating in gay homosexual acts because you need drugs.    I don't look down on being gay, i look down on not being true to what you are.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #948 on: November 11, 2007, 12:23:43 AM »

I get a kick out of you guys' usage of the 'N' word.? Yeah, rock stars are really known to lead "normal" lives, aren't they?? ?Tongue

Steven was a rockstar when he was 13?? ?no, probalby just some dumb nieve kid who liked to get fucked up.? ? But i'm sorry its pretty funny if you are a straight heterosexual participating in gay homosexual acts because you need drugs.? ? I don't look down on being gay, i look down on not being true to what you are.

It's not funny, it's pathetic and sad.
As other's have said, it was nothing to do about his sexual preference, it was just a way to get more drugs.
If you find that amusing then you must have a pretty fucked up sense of humor.
adnan
Opening Act

Proud Hippie Liberal Nutjob

« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »

Cause I?m not the only person who ever walked down the street and smoked a joint at 12, 13 years old, smoked a joint with someone and all of a sudden I?m getting a blow job from the guy.

rofl

cheers estrangedpaul   beer

wouldn't be funny if he was gay.. but straight men do not get blowjobs from guys.  no steven, thats not normal..  hihi

Marilyn Mansons mouth + Robin Fincks penis =
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »

Steven was a rockstar when he was 13?   no, probalby just some dumb nieve kid who liked to get fucked up.    But i'm sorry its pretty funny if you are a straight heterosexual participating in gay homosexual acts because you need drugs.    I don't look down on being gay, i look down on not being true to what you are.

It's not funny, it's pathetic and sad.
As other's have said, it was nothing to do about his sexual preference, it was just a way to get more drugs.
If you find that amusing then you must have a pretty fucked up sense of humor.

he's talking about smoking a joint (marijuana) when he's 13 and getting a blowjob from a guy.

marijuana!!   theres no way a 13 year old kid was addicted to marijuana in the first place, and theres no one who is addicted to marijuana who is going to do anything like that for a joint.   its a joint,  its not crack.   i use to smoke it.. smoked the shit for about 10 years... and there is no way i wuld have let any dude come near me willie for any-fuckin-thing.

"marijuana's not a drug, I used to suck dick for coke"
-danny tanner
Ali
Legend

« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2007, 03:44:19 AM »

How would any of us know if he blows or not?? We wouldn't that's the answer.

Okay, first you say that....

and then....

Please.? He's just a friend of Axl's that didn't click with Slash.? That's it.

But I thought you didn't know one way or another?? Contradiction!

And if he didn't "click" with Slash, then Slash is obviously going to have opinions why, and he's entitled to express those, as he did in the book.

Ali

Glad you sign your username at the bottom of each post.? Otherwise I wouldn't know it from the left side of the post.? ?Tongue

No contradiction at all.? You misinterpreted what I wrote completely.

What I meant was we wouldn't know that the guy sucks as a musician or that he's not a nice or good guy.? The only thing we would we know from reading Slash's book is that they didn't click musically and that he's a friend of Axl's.? Those two things do not equal him "blowing" as a musician or as a human being or whatever you were referring to.? Hence, there is no contradiction.

The issue isn't Slash having an opinion on the guy, it's us fans, like you, having an opinion on the guy.? The point is that while Slash interacted with the guy and is in a position to form an opinion, fans, like you in particular since you said Paul Huge "blows", are in no such place to have anything resembling a well informed opinion on the man.  After all, he's co-written exactly two released GN'R songs and played four shows with the band.  Not exactly a big body of work from which to judge the man's musical abilities.

Ali
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:04:14 PM by Ali » Logged
CSS
« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2007, 05:48:20 AM »

Marilyn Mansons mouth + Robin Fincks penis =

Yeah, everyone is gay - we get it. Roll Eyes

Now stop fucking around and talk about the errors in Slash's book instead of all this crap.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »

On about page 160 and have come across some typos.  I remember buying the book"The Band That Time Forgot" and it's edited version as well, so really typo's are no big deal to me.  As far as the facts are concerned, I am positive if each of the origanal members were to write the same type of book, it is most certain that each version would be different, as I am sure with more than 20 years passing they would all probably have different recollections of the events that transpired in their earlier years, not to mention being so wasted through-out those times makes it even more of a challenge.  I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired.

With that said I am glad to have new material to read, and am enjoying the book, in fact can't put it down once I pick it up!!!  My husband said "See you in about 4 days".

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired.

about accuracy, I tend to trust who keeps a diary.  yes
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired

Oh yeah I forgot Axl never used drugs. Roll Eyes Please, Axl's version of that stuff would say that he has no Control issue that he's Just all around nice guy.
I would say Slash's book is most accuate. Making axl out to be a control freak and megalomaniac, trying to force everyone to do things his way by persuasion or legally, is right on the nose. because it is A WELL KNOWN FACT that axl is this way.

As if axl was the only driving force behind that band. What crap. 1/5 does not make a whole.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:37:39 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired.

Oh yeah I forgot Axl never used drugs. Roll Eyes Please, Axl's version of that stuff would say that he has no Control issue that he's Just all around nice guy.
I would say Slash's book is most accuate. Making axl out to be a control freak and megalomaniac, trying to force everyone to do things his way by persuasion or legally, is right on the nose. because it is A WELL KNOWN FACT that axl is this way.

As if axl was the only driving force behind that band. What crap. 1/5 does not make a whole.

your head is so far up slash's ass its impossible to take your posts seriously.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #957 on: November 11, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »

your my head is so far up slash's axl's ass its impossible to take your my posts seriously.

There, fixed that for ya mate!? ?And how right you are!? ok

Please, Axl's version of that stuff would say that he has no Control issue that he's Just all around nice guy.

Yeah, there is no way you're going to get 'truth' from 1/5 of the story (be it Slash or Axl).? Probably because there is no 'truth' when it comes to perception.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:09:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #958 on: November 11, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

I feel that if Axl were to do this, his version, I might find more factual, due to the fact he was less dependent on substance abuse and may have more accurate versions of the events that transpired

Axl never, ever denied using drugs.

But, even Slash admits that Axl was never, ever like the rest of them with drugs.  He was never an addict.

And as far as Axl saying he has no control issues, you may want to re-read his interview from August 2002 where he admits he wanted control of the band.

Ali
CSS
« Reply #959 on: November 11, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »

I think I'm going to have some ramen for dinner today...

Anyway, I haven't picked up and read the book for a while, but I believe that I might do that a bit later this evening.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: