Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227121 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #880 on: November 07, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »

Could we maybe get to some stories from the book that people found humorous?

I'll start:? Slash trashing all his rental vans and the companies' reaction.? hihi
One story that I liked even though it wasn't humorous was the one where GN'R were playing in Brazil, I think, in November and it had stopped raining and when they started to play November Rain, it started raining again. I wish I could've been there for that.

Yeah, that was cool.  Apparently that story is pretty legendary amongst Brazilian GNR fans.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #881 on: November 07, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

I'll start:? Slash trashing all his rental vans and the companies' reaction.? hihi
One story that I liked even though it wasn't humorous was the one where GN'R were playing in Brazil, I think, in November and it had stopped raining and when they started to play November Rain, it started raining again. I wish I could've been there for that.

Yeah, that was cool.? Apparently that story is pretty legendary amongst Brazilian GNR fans.
I also like the story where Slash and the guys were looking for a guitarist I think and he said he was on the toilet reading a magazine and then he listened to Duff and the other guy playing (I forgot who he was talking about) and how it sounded like shit.

"I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."
Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #882 on: November 07, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

Yeah, that was cool.? Apparently that story is pretty legendary amongst Brazilian GNR fans.
I also like the story where Slash and the guys were looking for a guitarist I think and he said he was on the toilet reading a magazine and then he listened to Duff and the other guy playing (I forgot who he was talking about) and how it sounded like shit.
Was he talking about Dave Navarro? I cannot remember, I don't have the book right here.

Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #883 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »

I wonder what those extravangant and expensive theme parties that Axl had after the shows on the UYI tours were like. Slash said they were weird and basically lame.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #884 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »

I'll start:  Slash trashing all his rental vans and the companies' reaction.  hihi

Yeah, that was cool.  Apparently that story is pretty legendary amongst Brazilian GNR fans.

I thought it was in Colombia.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #885 on: November 07, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

I thought it was in Colombia.

/jarmo
Maybe, I know it was South America

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #886 on: November 07, 2007, 04:40:28 PM »

It was Colombia i saw the footage of it. ok

AXl said something like a ''eletric chair'' coz the rain was Strong and ugly.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #887 on: November 07, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »

Slash interview with The Wall Street Journal:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid86195573/bclid132209461/bctid1287034976

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #888 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »

All you sensitive Slash fans might wanna stop reading here.

Funny how he mentions writing parts of it on his laptop or Blackberry and going through manuscripts.

I guess the blame for the errors can't be put on the publisher alone then.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #889 on: November 08, 2007, 12:50:36 AM »

wow, first there were 'only' 20 percent GNR related questions during VR interviews...and now 60 percent?  Undecided the 20 percent sounded logical to some extent..but 60 percent is nonsense. There are usually only 2/3 GNR questions for as far as I've noticed.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
elmir
VIP

« Reply #890 on: November 08, 2007, 02:08:43 AM »

There are usually only 2/3 GNR questions for as far as I've noticed.

if you want to get technical, 2/3 means a majority, which implies that 60% is more accurate than 20%....i agree with him on the 60% though....who really wants to talk VR when there is such sensationalism with GNR.....and we all know how much press and media love gossip and sensationalism....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #891 on: November 08, 2007, 02:13:34 AM »

There are usually only 2/3 GNR questions for as far as I've noticed.

if you want to get technical, 2/3 means a majority, which implies that 60% is more accurate than 20%....i agree with him on the 60% though....who really wants to talk VR when there is such sensationalism with GNR.....and we all know how much press and media love gossip and sensationalism....
with 2/3 I meant 2 or 3 questions. when there's an interview actually focussed on VR they won't ask 60% on GNR questions.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
elmir
VIP

« Reply #892 on: November 08, 2007, 02:16:55 AM »

ok.
i'll take your word for it, i don't really follow VR press that closely.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #893 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »

Hmmm can't blow through 39 pages, but I have read 100 pages of that book yesterday and I can't put it down!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #894 on: November 08, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »

I just picked up the book a couple of days ago, I'm about a 1/4 of the way into it.  My first critique is the price - $30 - which I wouldn't have minded so much if he didn't start the book talking about how much of an adolescent thief he was. 

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #895 on: November 08, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »

^ That's awesome, I didn't know Steven had a book coming out?

Do you know when it's coming out and where I can get some more info about it?

he has a book. hes had it for years. he's still shopping it around. he doesnt have a publisher yet. as soon as he gets one, it will come out....so, there is no release date anytime soon.....
How did you get that little quote up there about steven and slash turning tricks?  I'd love to read the rest of this, it sounds very candid. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #896 on: November 08, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »

^ That's awesome, I didn't know Steven had a book coming out?

Do you know when it's coming out and where I can get some more info about it?

he has a book. hes had it for years. he's still shopping it around. he doesnt have a publisher yet. as soon as he gets one, it will come out....so, there is no release date anytime soon.....
How did you get that little quote up there about steven and slash turning tricks?? I'd love to read the rest of this, it sounds very candid.?

first of all, its been out there for years. steven, not slash, has admitted it. steven's book has been in the works for many years. i remember years ago steven giving an interview about his book and he was asked to confirm what has been out there for a while and he confirmed it...it was in the early 80's when they were strung out and needed money for their habit....it was when they hit bottom and those days were indeed very dark...scary stuff....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #897 on: November 08, 2007, 02:14:23 PM »

I don't think I  really get what to turn "tricks" means but I hope it's not more shocking than that perlas ass kissing pic.
I know their kids are too young to read but at least they can look at the pics  Roll Eyes

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #898 on: November 08, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »

I don't think I? really get what to turn "tricks" means but I hope it's not more shocking than that perlas ass kissing pic.

Well, then you may not want to read my reply.  (shocker ahead)

Turning tricks is slang for prostitution.  Steven admitted that he and Slash (during GNR's early, pre huge success years) whored themselves out to both men and women, performing sex acts on them in exchange for drugs or money to buy drugs.

Steven admitted this; Slash has neither confirmed it or denied it.  But as I said before, this is very common practice among drug addicts, whether they're rock stars or just street dwellers.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #899 on: November 08, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »

which I wouldn't have minded so much if he didn't start the book talking about how much of an adolescent thief he was.?

I think that was one of Jarmo's criticisms earlier in this thread, Slash is a "thief".  I guess Slash and Axl have that in common though.  His pals from Indiana said that before Axl left there, he couldn't get a job at any of the mall stores because they all had caught him stealing (source: Spin magazine, 1999).
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: