Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227172 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #860 on: November 06, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

Why does he have to challenge him publicly?? Why would a FRIEND do that to another friend?? If I have a problem with a friend, I pull them aside and discuss it PRIVATELY.? And when it comes to interactions between the two:? YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!? Articles on the man do not equal how they interact.? Your rationale is utter bullshit.? It's based on assumptions on what Axl does based on assumptions to his character and sense of loyalty.? None of which any of us can speak to, including YOU!

Again, why does my assertion upset you?? Is there a Del James fan club I'm not aware of?? I don't have to have intimate personal knowledge of someone to have an opinion on their character, that's the very notion of celebrity.? I have been exposed to Del through his writings, interviews on camera, and how he's interacted with Axl over the years.? I don't know Britney Spears either, but I feel safe saying she's a douchebag.? And again imo, Del is a kissass.? Smooch, Smooch.

You know nothing about him. I don't see you calling everybody working for Slash ass kissers.

A lot of people have stopped working for him too, so the rest must be ass kissers by your logic?

It's not that I know nothing about him, I just don't know him personally.? So?? I have no problem criticizing Axl or Slash, when I feel it's warranted.? I'm not on an either/or team, like some other posters here.? Slash probably has more enablers, rather than kissasses working for him.?

What bothers me about your assertion is the complete idiocy of it.  The notion of judging someone you don't know is absolutely idiotic.  When you try and form an opinion on someone based off of what the media reports, you are forming a completely uninformed, piece of shit opinion.  I'll tell you why.  The media only reports a small percentage of a celebrity's actions.  You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.  It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.  What you describe is not the nature of celebrity.  It is the nature of idiotic, bullshit, celebrity tabloid "journalism".

I have read and own a copy of The Language of Fear and I read every single advice column that Del James did for Rip Magazine.  They revealed ZERO insight into the man's character.  His book was a work of FICTION and his column for Rip was an ADVICE column for other people.  And you have NEVER, EVER witnessed any interaction between Axl and Del James.  Never!  Drop it already!

If you don't know someone personally, then YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!!!

Ali
elmir
VIP

« Reply #861 on: November 07, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »

Del James is an employee of GNR....and as such, is required to do what his employers want him to do.....why is that hard to understand....?...you have a job?....go and tell you boss he's a dumbass and that you're going to do things your own way from now on, and lets see how long that lasts....

whether he is a tru friend of Axl Rose in private or not, we don't know....these guys are pretty good at keeping their affairs private....which is the way it should be.

i found his update to the fans recently very democratic and honest....only problem i have with it is that he didn't follow it up with a few more like he promised....but other than that i find nothing wrong with the man.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #862 on: November 07, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »

this Bozza guy should have cross referenced as much as he could have, based on Slash's testimony, and could have corrected simple factual errors such as dates and performances.....if he was a real researcher/writer, he would have done that...especially when slash mentioned a million times that his recolection of incidents is blurry....

this guys should have done his work better.....

its clear that he got into this for the same reason most of these guys do.....to make a quick buck.....

Manson's bio was written well, and so was the Dirt.....those books were researched, proofread, cross referenced, and whatnot, to make them into what they became.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #863 on: November 07, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »

All you people saying 'It's just some errors, it's not a big deal'

So what if a kid picks up the book, wants to find out more about GN'R and is misinformed?

Yeah, that's cool..
elmir
VIP

« Reply #864 on: November 07, 2007, 08:34:25 AM »

So what if a kid picks up the book, wants to find out more about GN'R and is misinformed?

Yeah, that's cool..

with all due respect, people have been misinformed about GNR since day one.....its nothing new, it won't change anything....

only thing left is for CD to come out, be as good as we all think it will be....and status quo will be restored.

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #865 on: November 07, 2007, 09:05:10 AM »

What bothers me about your assertion is the complete idiocy of it.  The notion of judging someone you don't know is absolutely idiotic.  When you try and form an opinion on someone based off of what the media reports, you are forming a completely uninformed, piece of shit opinion.  I'll tell you why.  The media only reports a small percentage of a celebrity's actions.  You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.  It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.  What you describe is not the nature of celebrity.  It is the nature of idiotic, bullshit, celebrity tabloid "journalism".

I have read and own a copy of The Language of Fear and I read every single advice column that Del James did for Rip Magazine.  They revealed ZERO insight into the man's character.  His book was a work of FICTION and his column for Rip was an ADVICE column for other people.  And you have NEVER, EVER witnessed any interaction between Axl and Del James.  Never!  Drop it already!

God, this is so laughable.  His writings reveal zero insight into his character?  Yeah, okay.

You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.  It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.

Gosh, I guess I'm wrong about Paris Hilton.

You're either very young, and if you're not, you have some serious maturing to do, stop yelling in caps and grow up. 

I'm done with this, go back to talking about the book everybody.  My apologies.

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #866 on: November 07, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »

Yeah, that's cool..

with all due respect, people have been misinformed about GNR since day one.....its nothing new, it won't change anything....

only thing left is for CD to come out, be as good as we all think it will be....and status quo will be restored.

And let's not forget that there are MANY things which are more important in the world today!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #867 on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »

What bothers me about your assertion is the complete idiocy of it.? The notion of judging someone you don't know is absolutely idiotic.? When you try and form an opinion on someone based off of what the media reports, you are forming a completely uninformed, piece of shit opinion.? I'll tell you why.? The media only reports a small percentage of a celebrity's actions.? You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.? It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.? What you describe is not the nature of celebrity.? It is the nature of idiotic, bullshit, celebrity tabloid "journalism".

I have read and own a copy of The Language of Fear and I read every single advice column that Del James did for Rip Magazine.? They revealed ZERO insight into the man's character.? His book was a work of FICTION and his column for Rip was an ADVICE column for other people.? And you have NEVER, EVER witnessed any interaction between Axl and Del James.? Never!? Drop it already!

God, this is so laughable.? His writings reveal zero insight into his character?? Yeah, okay.

You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.? It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.
?

You're either very young, and if you're not, you have some serious maturing to do, stop yelling in caps and grow up.?

I'm done with this, go back to talking about the book everybody.? My apologies.

That's right.  Fictional horror stories reveal nothing about the author's character.  I've read several of Stephen King's books and I don't see how there can be any link between The Stand, The Shining and Carrie and the man himself.  They are FICTIONAL.  Note, the caps are for emphasis because you don't seem like you grasp the concept of fictional writing.  If you read Dear Abby columns, does that mean you know Abby herself?  Hell no.  And do any updates he writes for GN'R say anything about him?  No, they're about GN'R not him!

You're the immature one if you think you can take someone's fictional writings, advice columns or in the case of Paris Hilton, gossip magazine stories, and presume to know them.  You're the one that needs to get a clue, some perspective and grow up.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #868 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »

Yeah, that's cool..

But do you object to the fact that some of us are trying to get a correct picture of the events that happened?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/index.html

That right there has been an on-going project for eleven years and it's not done yet. Every time I learn something new, I add it. Every time  I find an error in it, I correct it.

And let's not forget that there are MANY things which are more important in the world today!

I hope you log out right now and go make the world a better place then.

I wish you good luck and I admire your wish to make this planet a better place for all us.

Would be cool if you could keep us updated on the progress by posting updates in The Jungle when you can. I assume you'll be very busy with all those important things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #869 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »

i would be some careful with the Del James gnr comments.....the old band members and fan bashing-post (which got deleted soon) came right from his hand

Re-Union time, baby!!
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #870 on: November 07, 2007, 11:09:14 AM »

I hope you log out right now and go make the world a better place then.

I wish you good luck and I admire your wish to make this planet a better place for all us.

Would be cool if you could keep us updated on the progress by posting updates in The Jungle when you can. I assume you'll be very busy with all those important things.

/jarmo

Could it...could it be...nah...yes...it's a joke! Jarmo made a joke!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #871 on: November 07, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »

But do you object to the fact that some of us are trying to get a correct picture of the events that happened?

not at all, and i admire/respect the effort....my response to Adz was that with hindsight, looking at gnr history, the Slash book with its inaccuracies is not a new thing as far as fans and flow of information is concerned....

Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #872 on: November 07, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »

What bothers me about your assertion is the complete idiocy of it.? The notion of judging someone you don't know is absolutely idiotic.? When you try and form an opinion on someone based off of what the media reports, you are forming a completely uninformed, piece of shit opinion.? I'll tell you why.? The media only reports a small percentage of a celebrity's actions.? You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.? It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.? What you describe is not the nature of celebrity.? It is the nature of idiotic, bullshit, celebrity tabloid "journalism".

I have read and own a copy of The Language of Fear and I read every single advice column that Del James did for Rip Magazine.? They revealed ZERO insight into the man's character.? His book was a work of FICTION and his column for Rip was an ADVICE column for other people.? And you have NEVER, EVER witnessed any interaction between Axl and Del James.? Never!? Drop it already!

God, this is so laughable.? His writings reveal zero insight into his character?? Yeah, okay.

You cannot take that small percentage of someone's actions that you know about and paint a picture about who the person is.? It just isn't what I like to call a "representative sample" of who someone is and what they're about.
?

You're either very young, and if you're not, you have some serious maturing to do, stop yelling in caps and grow up.?

I'm done with this, go back to talking about the book everybody.? My apologies.

That's right.? Fictional horror stories reveal nothing about the author's character.? I've read several of Stephen King's books and I don't see how there can be any link between The Stand, The Shining and Carrie and the man himself.? They are FICTIONAL.? Note, the caps are for emphasis because you don't seem like you grasp the concept of fictional writing.? If you read Dear Abby columns, does that mean you know Abby herself?? Hell no.? And do any updates he writes for GN'R say anything about him?? No, they're about GN'R not him!

You're the immature one if you think you can take someone's fictional writings, advice columns or in the case of Paris Hilton, gossip magazine stories, and presume to know them.? You're the one that needs to get a clue, some perspective and grow up.

Ali
Even though I agree that most of the things that Del has written are not an insight to his character, I think one thing is. Anyone who has watched the Making of November Rain will see that Del himself has said that he wrote the story Without You based upon Axl and Erin's relationship. He said that he watched them go through many things together personally and it inspired him to write the story. I have never met Del, but I also noticed that he said he doesn't drink anymore and he seems to be quite an intellectual. Slash said in his book that Axl could talk to people about his deepest feelings and seemed to surround himself with the same kind of people. Slash said he is not a person who wears his heart on his sleeve, but is a good listener. From what I've seen Del seems like he would just get along better with Axl, maybe because he wasn't in the band, maybe because their personalities are similar, maybe because he's sober, or for whatever reason. I would like to believe he is a grown man with opinions that doesn't need to walk on eggshells. Anyway this is not a Del thread so back to Slash's book.

"I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #873 on: November 07, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »

Oh man,? a Steven Adler Autobiography that would rule

"I founded Guns N' Roses in 1985 when i introduced Axl Rose to Slash...? I did most of the writing on appetite, lies, and 99% of the illusions. Before those Illusion albums came out Axl insisted He get 25% and I only get 15% instead of? all 5 of us making 20% each. He said he should get more money than me, cause i came to band practice a few times high, when infact he was never even at band practice so what what does he know. None of the other band members cared so I just Quit. Axl regreted that move ever since. Now that the greatest writer of the band was gone, GNR would never be the same. They couldnt even try write a new original album without me, They had to make a covers album, it was pathetic. Axl used to call me everyday and beg me to come back..."

I'm just kidding Steven never talks like this, and i like him better than Sorum

Seriously, some of the 'kidding' stuff you wrote is actually somewhat true, especially that parts about Axl no-showing and the covers album.   hihi

I actually think Steven's book would be more straightforwardly honest, and contain fewer "errors" than Slash's.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #874 on: November 07, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »

Oh man,? a Steven Adler Autobiography that would rule

"I founded Guns N' Roses in 1985 when i introduced Axl Rose to Slash...? I did most of the writing on appetite, lies, and 99% of the illusions. Before those Illusion albums came out Axl insisted He get 25% and I only get 15% instead of? all 5 of us making 20% each. He said he should get more money than me, cause i came to band practice a few times high, when infact he was never even at band practice so what what does he know. None of the other band members cared so I just Quit. Axl regreted that move ever since. Now that the greatest writer of the band was gone, GNR would never be the same. They couldnt even try write a new original album without me, They had to make a covers album, it was pathetic. Axl used to call me everyday and beg me to come back..."

I'm just kidding Steven never talks like this, and i like him better than Sorum

Seriously, some of the 'kidding' stuff you wrote is actually somewhat true, especially that parts about Axl no-showing and the covers album.? ?hihi

I actually think Steven's book would be more straightforwardly honest, and contain fewer "errors" than Slash's.

steven does have a book. its not out yet called "No bed of Roses," and from some of the passages from the book, its gonna be brutally honest. i know this is a family site, but steven admitted that he and slash used to turn "tricks" on sunset to sustain their habit. and im not talking about being with ladies if you know what i mean.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #875 on: November 07, 2007, 02:59:20 PM »

steven does have a book. its not out yet called "No bed of Roses," and from some of the passages from the book, its gonna be brutally honest. i know this is a family site, but steven admitted that he and slash used to turn "tricks" on sunset to sustain their habit. and im not talking about being with ladies if you know what i mean.....

Yes, I know about all of this.  I've been eagerly awaiting Steven's book.  And I know all about the "tricking".  Most rock stars (and any junkies) have done that, even if few admit it.

i know this is a family site

It sure is.   hihi
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #876 on: November 07, 2007, 03:20:59 PM »

^ That's awesome, I didn't know Steven had a book coming out?

Do you know when it's coming out and where I can get some more info about it?

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #877 on: November 07, 2007, 03:30:43 PM »

Could we maybe get to some stories from the book that people found humorous?

I'll start:  Slash trashing all his rental vans and the companies' reaction.  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #878 on: November 07, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »

^ That's awesome, I didn't know Steven had a book coming out?

Do you know when it's coming out and where I can get some more info about it?

he has a book. hes had it for years. he's still shopping it around. he doesnt have a publisher yet. as soon as he gets one, it will come out....so, there is no release date anytime soon.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Eden
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: November 07, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »

Could we maybe get to some stories from the book that people found humorous?

I'll start:? Slash trashing all his rental vans and the companies' reaction.? hihi
One story that I liked even though it wasn't humorous was the one where GN'R were playing in Brazil, I think, in November and it had stopped raining and when they started to play November Rain, it started raining again. I wish I could've been there for that.

"I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: