Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227543 times)
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #680 on: November 04, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »

Slash Did not proof read this book b4 printing. that is the publishers job to do that. apperently you don't know how big companies work. I't's a book not a spelling bee   Shocked
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #681 on: November 04, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »

Noone, with their freedom intact, should ever get to the point of suicide, and if they do, they have only their self to blame.

Sorry now one fucking minute there my friend. So what you are saying is that anybody who has ever felt suicidal and felt unbelivably low and sees no way out, and in some cases tragically takes their own lives. IT'S THEIR OWN FAULT FOR GETTING THAT WAY ?

Sorry I can't believe what i have actually just read from you. That's such an ignorant comment to make. 

Yes.   I whole heartedly stand behind my comment.

Suicide is a manifestation of depression. Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance. All the "belief" in the world can't change facts.

I believe a basic accountability for one's self is what separates the winners from the losers.

While that may be true, it has absolutely nothing to do with depression. I haven't read the book, but if Slash tries to "lay blame" for his depression, it is because he has an understanding of the disease that is similar to yours ... flawed.

I didn't say that.

Sorry, I deleted one too many tags. The quote should have been attributed to loretian.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #682 on: November 04, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »

Other than grammer and typos anyone find interesting errors.
So far I've found 2:
Slash wrote that Del James wrote a short story that inspired November Rain. To my knowledge I thought the short story "Without You" inspired Estranged. Perhaps he meant the story inspired the videos.
Alos NIGHTRAIN is spelt several times as Night Train. Once or twice would be a typo every time it makes it looks as though Slash didn't have much interest in the book other than a pay check. One would think he would have the integrity to at least proof read what was being written.

If those are all the errors you found then I'd say Slash did an Awsome job here, he told his whole life story in great detail of 458 pages, i'm suprised at how well he remembered all those stories & feelings so perfectly

There's way more.....

A bunch of stuff is also conveniently not mentioned.

He says once they got all the back up singers and horn section together, they went and played at Rock In Rio 2...... No they didn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #683 on: November 04, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »

The introduction in the book is amusing:

To my loving family, for all their support through the good times and bad

And to the Guns N' Roses fans everywhere, old and new; without their undying loyalty and limitless patience, none of this would matter.

Poor VR fans.....

Jim Bob gets a thank you in Slash's book but the VR fans who hate GN'R don't.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CSS
« Reply #684 on: November 04, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »

Except from some of the errors in the book, what's your impression of it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #685 on: November 04, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »

Except from some of the errors in the book, what's your impression of it?

Lots of factual errors, lots of "we'll get to that later", Slash loves Perla, the story jumps back and forth and he thinks leaving GN'R was one of the smartest things he ever did.

Slash's concern to save/make money comes across a few times in the book. Which is kinda interesting.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #686 on: November 04, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

I found a bunch of errors but I'd like to see all those who love the book, and who say this is the best book about GN'R, to point out the errors they found first.

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #687 on: November 04, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »

i dont understand how people can judge certain stories by inidivudual band members, they are all going to say different things, what axl says doesnt go because he is just as bad as the others for such things.

however blantant proved facts like touring times etc, yes they can be proved.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #688 on: November 04, 2007, 02:43:17 PM »

He says once they got all the back up singers and horn section together, they went and played at Rock In Rio 2...... No they didn't.

Did he say they took the back up singers and horn section with them to RIR or that they had just got them together??

I will get this book at some point.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #689 on: November 04, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »

Did he say they took the back up singers and horn section with them to RIR or that they had just got them together??

After we got out stage show together, back up singers, horn section, and all, and did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991.

Just for you Slash fans, let's assume he's telling the truth. So answer this :Why did they rehearse with the horn section before RIR2 in January 1991 when they didn't use them until December 1991?

Clearly an error.

/jarmo

Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #690 on: November 04, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »

The book mentions that Axl Fired Gilby. I thougth Gilby wasnt getting paid so he 'left'
I could be wrong

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #691 on: November 04, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »

The book mentions that Axl Fired Gilby. I thougth Gilby wasnt getting paid so he 'left'
I could be wrong

I recently read an old Slash interview in Guitar World from 95.? ?Slash mentioned that Axl said he didn't really have any need for Gilby's songwriting.? ?Slash said that he went up to Gilby personally and kind of said "before you hear it from anyone else...there is something wrong..."

As for the Rock in Rio 2.? Wasn't it known that Axl didn't even show up to the rehersals therefore they weren't practicing with every element  in tact?? Even on the first night of RnR2 Axl says, this is a hell of a way to show up to your first rehersal.? ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:24:58 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #692 on: November 04, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »

Page 446-447 where Slash explains when he went to Axl's house. Slash points out that he WAS drunk. He didnt convince me in those pages that he didnt say those things about his bandmates at VR. As he specifically points out that he WAS drunk, its almost like his excuse and maybe he did say those things but was too 'drunk' to realise what he was saying.
I would have thought he would have laid into Axl more if it wasnt true.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #693 on: November 04, 2007, 03:33:38 PM »

After we got out stage show together, back up singers, horn section, and all, and did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991.

Just for you Slash fans, let's assume he's telling the truth. So answer this :Why did they rehearse with the horn section before RIR2 in January 1991 when they didn't use them until December 1991?

Clearly an error.

/jarmo

maybe he meant suddenly he found himself in South America. Undecided
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #694 on: November 04, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »

I found a bunch of errors but I'd like to see all those who love the book, and who say this is the best book about GN'R, to point out the errors they found first.

/jarmo

I haven't read the whole book yet but Slash's take of the St Louis riot wasn't correct. Slash claims the band kept jamming after Axl walked off and that Slash kept asking Doug if Axl was coming back, while in reality Slash said "he smashed the microphone we're outta here" and walked off right after Axl.
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #695 on: November 04, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »

Other than grammer and typos anyone find interesting errors.
So far I've found 2:
Slash wrote that Del James wrote a short story that inspired November Rain. To my knowledge I thought the short story "Without You" inspired Estranged. Perhaps he meant the story inspired the videos.
Alos NIGHTRAIN is spelt several times as Night Train. Once or twice would be a typo every time it makes it looks as though Slash didn't have much interest in the book other than a pay check. One would think he would have the integrity to at least proof read what was being written.

If those are all the errors you found then I'd say Slash did an Awsome job here, he told his whole life story in great detail of 458 pages, i'm suprised at how well he remembered all those stories & feelings so perfectly

There's way more.....

A bunch of stuff is also conveniently not mentioned.

/jarmo
That doesn't sound very convenient.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: November 04, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

Yes the video trilogy is based on "W/O You". But Nov. Rain, correct me if I'm wrong, was written well before Axl met Del James.
I didn't expect Slash to proof read the book but along w. the spelling of NIGHT TRAIN, these are 2 errors I picked up w/in the 1st 180 pages. I've seen it written up as NIGHT TRAIN in the past, but usually by someone that doesn't know much about GN'R.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #697 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

why does it matter what show he rehearsed with horn section?
I have plenty of memories i thought were right but in reality, i was thinking of a tottaly different day or year.

You play 200 or more shows and tell me EXACTLY what show you did something in!  Roll Eyes

Sorry i don't think slash hangs out in GN'R chat rooms keeping tabs on every single event or word he ever said (like we do). He's going by memory, And that's good enough for me. After all he lived that life,
not us.

Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #698 on: November 04, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »

There's actually a video of Axl rehearsing with some members of the band on stage b4 RIR. He sings COMA by the way!

Here it is.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drtr0NP5fgQ
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:35:38 PM by Mr Bootlegs » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #699 on: November 04, 2007, 05:11:50 PM »

why does it matter what show he rehearsed with horn section?
I have plenty of memories i thought were right but in reality, i was thinking of a tottaly different day or year.

You play 200 or more shows and tell me EXACTLY what show you did something in!  Roll Eyes

Sorry i don't think slash hangs out in GN'R chat rooms keeping tabs on every single event or word he ever said (like we do). He's going by memory, And that's good enough for me. After all he lived that life,
not us.

Because it's a book where he's writing about GN'R's history and the facts are wrong?

Apparently, there's a guy in VR called Kirschner.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: