Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227628 times)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #620 on: November 02, 2007, 04:20:11 AM »

I don't get that impression at all. I think he is sad that GNR ended as it did, and he is being nostalgic. I think he is happy doing what he is doing at the moment, and would not want to get back in with Axl because Axl, if anything, would be even more controlling now.

Appetite and Lies were great, but after that they went downhill, in my opinion. The UYI albums, although very good,  show that they could not recreate the genius and feelings of that earlier work. A "reunion" would be silly: GNR already exists with Axl and those other guys. And VR is the only band making decent music right now. The music might be a bit clich? rock - it is nothing original - but it is good. I like VR. I liked GNR when they were at their peak. I have definitely moved on, and, from Slash's book, I get the idea he has too.
SlashIsTheMan
Headliner

Slash is God...pray to him!

« Reply #621 on: November 02, 2007, 08:57:13 AM »

I just finished reading a book! LOVES IT..it was amazing! I love slash more. Very indepth! GREATEST BOOK EVER MADE. I wonder how its selling!!!! love beer

I would be a groupie for slash any day.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #622 on: November 02, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »

GREATEST BOOK EVER MADE.

You've never read "The Picture of Dorian Gray", then?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #623 on: November 02, 2007, 11:54:29 AM »

I don't get that impression at all. I think he is sad that GNR ended as it did, and he is being nostalgic. I think he is happy doing what he is doing at the moment, and would not want to get back in with Axl because Axl, if anything, would be even more controlling now.

Appetite and Lies were great, but after that they went downhill, in my opinion. The UYI albums, although very good,? show that they could not recreate the genius and feelings of that earlier work. A "reunion" would be silly: GNR already exists with Axl and those other guys. And VR is the only band making decent music right now. The music might be a bit clich? rock - it is nothing original - but it is good. I like VR. I liked GNR when they were at their peak. I have definitely moved on, and, from Slash's book, I get the idea he has too.

VR is the only band making decent music right now?  Perhaps right now as GN'R have not released a new record.  But I think final judgement should be reserved until both have records officially out.

Ali
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #624 on: November 02, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »

So yes, VR is the only band making decent music right now.

Metallica haven't released a new record yet. Shall we reserve judgement until then, too? Or some unsigned garage band, and wait a few years?

Your point, Ali? Or are you trying to make this a VR v GNR thread again?
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #625 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »

VR is the only band making decent music right now?  Perhaps right now as GN'R have not released a new record.  But I think final judgement should be reserved until both have records officially out.

Ali

What?!  Of course judgement can be made ... he's weighing it up against all the other music out there 'now' .... you can't include GnR, because GnR doesn't have an album out!  And anyway, the stuff we've heard from GnR is utterly utterly different to anything VR is doing so you can't compare the two musically as far as styles etc go.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Ali
Legend

« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »

So yes, VR is the only band making decent music right now.

Metallica haven't released a new record yet. Shall we reserve judgement until then, too? Or some unsigned garage band, and wait a few years?

Your point, Ali? Or are you trying to make this a VR v GNR thread again?

No, you were the one making this into a VR vs. GN'R thread by saying "GNR already exists with Axl and those other guys. And VR is the only band making decent music right now."

It sounded like you were making a comparison between GN'R and VR there.  Maybe you didn't intend for it to come off like that, but that's the way I interpreted it.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2007, 01:11:30 PM »

VR is the only band making decent music right now?? Perhaps right now as GN'R have not released a new record.? But I think final judgement should be reserved until both have records officially out.

Ali

What?!? Of course judgement can be made ... he's weighing it up against all the other music out there 'now' .... you can't include GnR, because GnR doesn't have an album out!? And anyway, the stuff we've heard from GnR is utterly utterly different to anything VR is doing so you can't compare the two musically as far as styles etc go.

Again, my interpretation based off the sequence of comments was that a comparison was being made between VR and GN'R and the making of decent music. 

Ali
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »

Finished reading this last night; read it in 2 sittings Shocked
After finishing doubt that reunion will ever take place Cry
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

Finally finished the book less than half an hour ago. The best line was when he said about him being clean and sober since 3rd july 2006. That was great to hear. And it was weird as i was finishing the book  he said that the book kind of represented him putting one part of his career to bed and starting a new.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

where does the book start and where does it end? (u know what i mean)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #631 on: November 02, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »

It starts in the late 60s and ends in mid 2007, with the main focus on the 80s and 90s.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #632 on: November 02, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »

It starts in the late 60s and ends in mid 2007, with the main focus on the 80s and 90s.

cool thanks man
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: November 02, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »

finished it last night. excellent read. A lot of great stories. SLash and this band truly lived the life. There are so many crazy moments ...especially in the early yrs. I really enjoyed reading about the early yrs. SOme great stories.

Seems like the band beg. of the end was when they went to Chicago to record the Illusions. His main theme about Axl...particularly towards the end was that he and the rest of the guys made a mistake by giving in to Axl pretty much all of the time. He also said that the people such as Doug Goldstein really hurt the band as well because they became Axls yes men.

I wish Slash went into a lil more detail about how he really felt from like 96-01 ish...He touched on it but just wish he wnet even more in depth. He said he went to Axls house when he was drunk and dropped a note off to Axls assistant...prob Beta. Although he didnt admit it in the book I def get the idea that Slash wants to go back. Hes happy with VR but you can just tell that hes not comfortable with the way the band ended.

After CD has been released and maybe another album or 2 after that, I too hope they all get back together. I hope they can all work things out and begin another chapte rof this crazy story. Read the book....particularly the early yrs ...and ill wager most will feel the same way

Overall it was a great read. I hope Axl does this one day. But with a lot more pages!!!!

I would love to see them get back together but Axl would have to get CD and everything asociated with it out of his system and VR would have to finish out it's obligation and resulting tour..................but after that

VR would be free agents and so would Axl; and there lies an opportunity.....

but 4 this to happen with a chance; after reading the book Steve would have to clean up and Izzy would have to commit but I don't think a reuion is possible w/out the original 5 a Steve & Izzy are wildcards

in terms of writing; the 12 songs Izzy, Slash Duff and Matt wrote b4 VR would be a start and I'm sure Axl would bring left-overs...........

they'd have some issues to address in terms of the ownership of the music and previous bad blood.............but........it may be possible, if they do it right

maybe have an intervention wth Dr. phil; not televised, or something of the sort b4 a impartial party, I mean - how many married couples go to therapy? to try to sort out the issues, egos, bad blood, etc.........

and if all that happens; go on a stripped down club tour across the country..........maybe multiple nights in big cities Vegas, miami, Chcago, LA,  NYC, etc...

who knows.....maybe they'll take all this perspective they gained, learn from it, and live up to the potential they showed peace

Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #634 on: November 02, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »

Seems like the band beg. of the end was when they went to Chicago to record the Illusions. His main theme about Axl...particularly towards the end was that he and the rest of the guys made a mistake by giving in to Axl pretty much all of the time. He also said that the people such as Doug Goldstein really hurt the band as well because they became Axls yes men.

I wish Slash went into a lil more detail about how he really felt from like 96-01 ish.

I think the worst thing the original guns did was when they came off the road after the appetite tour and those years of doing nothing didint help the band members and damaged the band unity big time.  And I got the impression he didnt like Doug Goldstein AT ALL.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #635 on: November 03, 2007, 04:50:16 AM »

maybe have an intervention wth Dr. phil; ...

Let us hope not. The guy is not only a turd and media whore, but also a fraud. Their differences could be resolved over a good bottle of whiskey.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #636 on: November 03, 2007, 05:00:42 AM »

I think you mean bottles Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #637 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:03 AM »

I'll drink to that.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #638 on: November 03, 2007, 05:14:35 AM »

Finished reading this last night; read it in 2 sittings Shocked
After finishing doubt that reunion will ever take place Cry

so sad Sad

hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #639 on: November 03, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

I just finished it also-I also wish he had gone into more detail about things from '92 on-he really only mentions Gilby a few times-after reading Scar Tissue and Heroin Diaries, I'm a bit bored reading about Slash, Nikki, whomever about how many times they did heroin-that's just my opinion-overall, a good book, especially about the early GNR days, but I was expecting a bit more

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: