Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227700 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #580 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »

so open another topic *with* spoilers.

i'm sure a lot of people don't want/can't buy the book, and it's more interesting
to me to discuss about it than to read another "hey i got it, cool book" or "ok slash lied here too" comment.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #581 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

i'm sure a lot of people don't want/can't buy the book, and it's more interesting
to me to discuss about it than to read another "hey i got it, cool book" or "ok slash lied here too" comment.

Well, most CAN and will buy this book.

And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna read half the book on this board before they get it in their hands...

CSS
« Reply #582 on: October 30, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

How many pages are there in the book?
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #583 on: October 30, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »

About 458

Im looking forward to reading it

Heres hoping Axl will release one some time in the future when he feels comftable with it

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
CSS
« Reply #584 on: October 30, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

Cool, thanks for the answer.

But why do I feel like I've seen you before...? nervous
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #585 on: October 30, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »

About 458

Im looking forward to reading it

Heres hoping Axl will release one some time in the future when he feels comftable with it

I have read bits so far when I can, and it's great to get an insight into slash's childhood and all that time when he moved to LA. Thats the part I like, learning how they were shaped as people, by things that happened in their life.I know all the GNR stuff as I've heard it so many times already.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #586 on: October 30, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »

Well, most CAN and will buy this book.

And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna read half the book on this board before they get it in their hands...

I agree with you there. I hate spoilers. It ruins the whole thing.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #587 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »

because im back from a 3 month absence

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #588 on: October 30, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

if you're the anythinggoes i think you are, welcome back man, i thought about yesterday that it was a long time ago i saw your posts? beer
kinda missed ya Wink
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #589 on: October 30, 2007, 02:53:29 PM »

if you're the anythinggoes i think you are, welcome back man, i thought about yesterday that it was a long time ago i saw your posts? beer
kinda missed ya Wink

ah dude man im fighting back the tears after reading that

i do need to sit my ass down and read this book now

i brought the Paul Stening one some time back but that was boring

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #590 on: October 30, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »

I haven't reached that far in the book, but perhaps he saw the WTC burning at 0815 because he was in a different time zone? California is a few hours behind New York.

No he was in NY for that Michael Jackson birthday thing.  He and Perla drove to PA to get out of the city.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #591 on: October 30, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »

and i'm pretty sure people can read the title of a topic who says "[spoilers] talk about slash's book stories" and don't read it if they don't want to.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #592 on: October 30, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »

Slash speaks
Guitar hero on past, present in rock and roll

John Black  Entertainment Editor

Do you talk to Axl?

When are Guns & Roses getting back together?

What do you think of the New Guns & Roses?

Hardly a day has gone by in the past dozen years when someone hasn't peppered Saul Hudson, better known as guitar hero Slash, with questions like these.

As of today, they can leave the guy alone and pick up a copy of Slash, written by the rocker and co-author Anthony Bozza, and read all about it for themselves.

"The greatest thing for me as a writer working on this book is that Slash never really gave it up in the press," Bozza explained. "He didn't talk about the stuff that went on behind the scenes with himself or with the band. To be honest, I don't think he ever really cared about that kind of stuff. But people always ask him about it and with the the 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction this year, he just felt it was time to put all that stuff to bed and just focus on his new band, Velvet Revolver."

Getting the soft-spoken musician to open up for the book wasn't easy, Bozza admits. Part of the problem was that when they first met, Slash was heavily into his oxycontin, phase, 'binging' on the synthetic heroin on a daily basis according to Bozza.

"So when he agreed to write the book, I wasn't sure it would really happen," he said. "But right after we met he went into rehab and was sober - or not on oxycontin, when we did the interviews."

And so began a long series of interviews between the tow, most of them taking place at Slash's home between the hours of 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. "He's an absolute night owl. It took me a month to get used to daylight again by the time it was over," Bozza said. "But it was worth it. The book is his reminiscing on one part of his life, but its very much a story that's still being written...in every way."

http://www.bostonnow.com/entertainment/books/2007/10/30/slash-speaks

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #593 on: October 30, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »

I have known Axl very well for 23 years and Slash for 31 years and one thing for sure, Axl does not lie. You will always get the truth form Axl. The problem is ?a lot of the time you won't get any comment from Axl at all because his words have been twisted so many times. If he set a date for the record, he ment it. I heard the record in Aug 2006 (and by the way it's great)and he told me it would be out before Xmas of 2006. The problem is things change as days go by ?that were unseen at the time he set those dates and thats what keeps holding ?the record back. In the past Slash has said some things to the press that were not right about Axl. Slash was pissed off about a lot of things that happened between them.Also he was most likley drunk at the time and sometimes you say things that are fucked-up when you are in that state of mind. You have to remember that Slash is clean and sober now and has been for over a year. They have not sent me a copy of Slash's book yet. ?So I can't really talk about the book but I know where Slash is in his life now and I think you will find that while he is still upset about some things, he is trying to set things somewhat right. The best he can do. I was probably ?one of the only ones who remained very good friends with both Slash and Axl for all these years. They are not kids anymore and they both have evolved into different people and have many differences of opinions. What we do have is the music that was made from a band that were all into what they were doing for that time.Yes that music turned out to be timeless and will last forever. Now they are all making great music with other people. So stop fighting about it and except it ?because all of it is great stuff. Don't waste you energy going back and forth about this stuff and enjoy the Music they make for you.

Thank you for jumping in.  I couldn't agree more.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for Marc after reading Reckless Road. 

Its nice that something like this book has created discussion, but unfortunately, as it typically does, there is the battle between those that favor Axl vs. those that favor Slash.  As the saying goes, if you live a glass house don't throw stones.  And as the amazing Peter Tosh added, if you can't take blows brother, don't throw blows.  Slash has a great story to tell and I'm 30 pages into it now.  A great follow up to Reckless Road which I finished last week.

By the way, for those in the Jersey area, Slash will be signing at bookends on Thursday, Nov. 1.

http://www.book-ends.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #594 on: October 31, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

Just saw slash interview on Letterman.  Pretty damn cool!  Funny story of Axl sleeping on Grandma's couch!  ha!!!!!!!!!!!
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #595 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38:29 AM »

Slash was great on Letterman. His clearing the air with the whole Axl situation was very gracious of him.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #596 on: October 31, 2007, 12:40:33 AM »

What did he say?
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: October 31, 2007, 12:54:46 AM »

You can go to Letterman's (Late Show) website and watch the video of Slash talking about Axl and him jumping out of the car.  Pretty funny!  Whoever u side with (Axl or Slash), you gotta admit Slash is a pretty cool guy!
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #598 on: October 31, 2007, 05:48:32 AM »

He stayed cool, and even admitted his own bitterness (about the whole breakup) a few years back.

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #599 on: October 31, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »

You can go to Letterman's (Late Show) website and watch the video of Slash talking about Axl and him jumping out of the car.? Pretty funny!? Whoever u side with (Axl or Slash), you gotta admit Slash is a pretty cool guy!
Is the whole interview up anywhere?  I only saw that 1:54 clip on the Late Show page.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: