Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227749 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #540 on: October 29, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Are you saying he was MISQUOTED year after year after year?

Please.  Roll Eyes

How many times have I read you say "I never said ... " etc ....

Don't be so foolish to believe that Slash's interviews have been 100% word for word.  I mean, holy shit, you run a fucking forum and you're questioning it?  Seriously?!

Why is it so hard to believe, yet everyone here seems to hate Mick Wall because apparently he was lying about the stuff Axl told him in the famous interview which got him a line in Get In The Ring?

I don't understand this.  And yes, there's double standards from the VR fans too ... but shit, this topic is crazy.  So many idiots posting here.

This has nothing to do with Axl.  ok

Fact: Slash has said things and been quoted as saying in several interviews over the years and now he lists totally diferent reasons for quitting GN'R.

How come none of those reasons were mentioned in past interviews?

Did the magazines/journalists just remove the answers?

It seems like he went from answering "why did you quit GN'R" to answering "why did that line up of the band cease to exist?".

I'm not here to "prove" Slash is a liar. Most sensible people can see that he's not being honest.

I'm just showing you what he has said in the past and how it keeps changing over time.

I know some of you don't like that because in your little bubble, Slash is Slash and he's a God.

He even admitted to lying recently, but some of you just don't have any problems with that.

In fact, you defend him!

What makes less sense is that you're taking a few sentences from interviews and assuming that the interviewer has written down every word that Slash has said in the whole interview...

His new book is the complete interviews without any edits?

Every single detail about every single fact mentioned in the book is in there?

That might be an interesting read....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #541 on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »

This has nothing to do with Axl.  ok

Well, most of the people saying Slash is lying or whatever are the people who think Axl is God, and claim that Mick Wall (and any other person who says a bad word about him) is a liar, so I had to use that as an example.  Sorry, but I used it ... and I was right to do so.

I'm just showing you what he has said in the past and how it keeps changing over time.

No you're not.  You haven't shown us anything about how he's changed his mind.  All you've done is say he has done.  As I said in my last post (which you're ignoring), Slash wont just have a single reason for leaving.  Holy shit, that'd be stupid.  And if you think Slash did only have one real reason, you're stupider than the theory that he quit for one reason!

I know some of you don't like that because in your little bubble, Slash is Slash and he's a God.

I don't think he's a God... I think he's an incredible guitarist.  And he's my biggest musical influence.  No one is perfect.  But this whole thread is just a war zone for people like you (and yes, you're a classic example of a hater.  You're the first to jump in here and do what you claim the Axl haters do) to have a go and say Slash is lying.  Have you read the book?  Oh yeah.  You haven't.

He even admitted to lying recently, but some of you just don't have any problems with that.

When?  When did he say he lied?  When you last chatted to him?  Or are you again, reading something and spinning it in your mind?

His new book is the complete interviews without any edits?

Edits to make the book work as a readable book, spelling errors, grammar changes etc ... sure.  But Slash would have been completely in the know about every change.  So it's hardly the same situation is it?

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #542 on: October 29, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »

Bottom line once again...the book is incredibly entertaining.? Anyone who ever liked GNR should read it.

I find it interesting that if you post anything critical about the current GNR over on that board (I haven't myself but I've witnessed it) you're told to quit hanging on to the past and go somewhere else.? Yet those same people who dislike Slash and don't believe a word he says plastered this thread with all kinds of negative shit.

I'm glad you find it interesting that this site is dedicated to GN'R and not VR.

/jarmo

Maybe you should get rid of the VR section then.  I'm serious, it would save a lot of hassle.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #543 on: October 29, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »

When?  When did he say he lied?  When you last chatted to him?  Or are you again, reading something and spinning it in your mind?

But the band's survival was threatened after rumors surfaced about Slash rejoining Guns alongside frequently unhinged frontman Axl Rose ? a situation Slash made worse by initially claiming that a late-night visit with Rose hadn't taken place. "I didn't really intend to lie for any other reason than that I didn't feel like explaining everything. Which is the reason most people lie, I guess," he says, laughing.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2007-10-04/music/velvet-revolver-seeks-libertad/

I guess it's just a journalist misquoting Slash again.....

Slash lies and it's all because the journalists misquote him for year after year. Then his book comes out and that's the truth.  hihi

I don't have to read the fucking book to know what he's said in PREVIOUS interviews now do I?

He can have 100 different reasons for quitting GN'R. But none of the reasons in his book have been explained by him before and he denies it having anything to do with the music. But in interviews, he's kept alluding it for years.

I guess his quote from above, "I didn't really intend to lie for any other reason than that I didn't feel like explaining everything" is his motto.

Maybe you should get rid of the VR section then.  I'm serious, it would save a lot of hassle.

I don't want any "Slash said...." or "Matt Sorum said that" shit in the GN'R section.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 05:47:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #544 on: October 29, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »

It's not even about trying to prove Slash is a liar.? It's about looking at what he said in the book, while keeping in mind everything you've read him say about why he left GN'R, and realizing "Hey, this doesn't make sense."

Ali

What makes less sense is that you're taking a few sentences from interviews and assuming that the interviewer has written down every word that Slash has said in the whole interview... yet Slash has various reasons for leaving ... jeez, it's like ... you don't leave your girlfriend because she just burns toast do you?!? You leave her if she bakes the sausages onto the frying pan too!

Multiple reasons ... and now he's bringing all the reasons into one book, where there's no one to change his words, to alter for space in a magazine, to sell copies etc.? It's all there.? Ignore everything you've read before, because it's all been edited.? 1000% guarantee on that.

Right, so every single reporter that has asked him about why he left GN'R took his quotes out of context.  And, Matt Sorum and Tom Zutuat who said that they couldn't get over their disagreement over the musical direction of the band, they were either misquoted or had their quotes taken out of context so that their statements would be completely misinterpreted too.  That makes so much more sense.

No matter how you cut it, the bottom line is that him saying in his book that he did not leave over differences with the musical direction of the band stands in complete contrast to what he said time and again over the years.  No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »

This is a pointless argument.

I thought Jarmo was going to quote something relevant but Slash saying he didn't go to see Axl isn't exactly a lie ... since he didn't meet up with Axl.  However ... fine, if you wanna use this irrelevant quote.  The fact that it has nothing to do with the music or the band etc ...   But sure.  As I said ... I don't think Slash is a God ... and not everyone is perfect.  But if we have to admit Slash lied ... can everyone finally admit that Axl has been lying about all the shit he's been pulled up on in the past?

No?  Oh... no, sorry, I'm not allowed to bring Axl into it... even tho he's the only reason everyone is having a go at the Slash fans ....

Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #546 on: October 29, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »

It's not even about trying to prove Slash is a liar.? It's about looking at what he said in the book, while keeping in mind everything you've read him say about why he left GN'R, and realizing "Hey, this doesn't make sense."

Ali

What makes less sense is that you're taking a few sentences from interviews and assuming that the interviewer has written down every word that Slash has said in the whole interview... yet Slash has various reasons for leaving ... jeez, it's like ... you don't leave your girlfriend because she just burns toast do you?!? You leave her if she bakes the sausages onto the frying pan too!

Multiple reasons ... and now he's bringing all the reasons into one book, where there's no one to change his words, to alter for space in a magazine, to sell copies etc.? It's all there.? Ignore everything you've read before, because it's all been edited.? 1000% guarantee on that.

Right, so every single reporter that has asked him about why he left GN'R took his quotes out of context.? And, Matt Sorum and Tom Zutuat who said that they couldn't get over their disagreement over the musical direction of the band, they were either misquoted or had their quotes taken out of context so that their statements would be completely misinterpreted too.? That makes so much more sense.

No matter how you cut it, the bottom line is that him saying in his book that he did not leave over differences with the musical direction of the band stands in complete contrast to what he said time and again over the years.? No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali

I think blaming it on musical differences was just a convenience. ?At the very least it was just one of many reasons. ?The book basically says they didn't see eye to eye on anything in a very long winded way. ?Don't know if that qualifies as a lie or not.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2007, 06:01:17 PM »

This is a pointless argument.

I thought Jarmo was going to quote something relevant but Slash saying he didn't go to see Axl isn't exactly a lie ... since he didn't meet up with Axl.  However ... fine, if you wanna use this irrelevant quote.  The fact that it has nothing to do with the music or the band etc ...   But sure.  As I said ... I don't think Slash is a God ... and not everyone is perfect.  But if we have to admit Slash lied ... can everyone finally admit that Axl has been lying about all the shit he's been pulled up on in the past?

No?  Oh... no, sorry, I'm not allowed to bring Axl into it... even tho he's the only reason everyone is having a go at the Slash fans ....

Smiley

Hello?

First he DENIED going to Axl's house.

Now earlier this year he admitted that he lied when he denied going there.

Stop trying to bring Axl into this.

Last warning.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

I'd actually like to bring something up right here too ...

I've said multiple times now, that I love GnR, and I love VR, and I think Axl AND Slash are amazing at what they do.  I don't hate Axl.  I don't obsess over Slash.  I have a pretty well rounded outlook on the two bands in general.  I pick when I feel the need to pick and I will say when I think someone has fucked up.  I'm definitely swayed towards Slash ... that much is true of course ... why wouldn't it be?  Slash makes the better music.  But I just wanna make sure everyone knows ... I think Axl is a musical monster.  He's written some excellent stuff in the past, and yea, he's been my favorite (and always will be) vocalist of all time, since the day I heard GnR.  I just think this is stupid.  A 29 page thread about Slash being a liar ... which was started by a fan who just wanted to say a new book was out.... kinda proves that this forum is a bit of a joke in many ways.

And as I said before ... it's a big shame that it's come to this. Sad

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »

Last warning.

Warning?  LOL... Wtf :/

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #550 on: October 29, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

Slash is scheduled to be on David Letterman this upcoming Tuesday, Oct. 30th, not with VR, but on his own.? As far as I can remember, this is his first sit down conversation on a late night talk show.? I'm sure Letterman will ask him what his intentions were on writing the book, etc.? This should be very interesting.....

cybercurves

Source:? http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/

He will also be on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on Nov. 1st.

if nothing else it will be pretty funny; and regarding slash and his multiple stories on why he left....who gives a fuck? ?he's gone, quit, finished, it's over.....chalk it up to irreconsilable differences and move on hihi thats what they do with divorces Grin
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »

Ali

Right, so every single reporter that has asked him about why he left GN'R took his quotes out of context.? And, Matt Sorum and Tom Zutuat who said that they couldn't get over their disagreement over the musical direction of the band, they were either misquoted or had their quotes taken out of context so that their statements would be completely misinterpreted too.? That makes so much more sense.

No matter how you cut it, the bottom line is that him saying in his book that he did not leave over differences with the musical direction of the band stands in complete contrast to what he said time and again over the years.? No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali

I think blaming it on musical differences was just a convenience. ?At the very least it was just one of many reasons. ?The book basically says they didn't see eye to eye on anything in a very long winded way. ?Don't know if that qualifies as a lie or not.

It was one of several reasons, I'm sure.  But, he does deny that it was a reason at all in the book, does he not?

That's just perplexing, to say the least.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »

It's not even about trying to prove Slash is a liar.  It's about looking at what he said in the book, while keeping in mind everything you've read him say about why he left GN'R, and realizing "Hey, this doesn't make sense."

Ali

What makes less sense is that you're taking a few sentences from interviews and assuming that the interviewer has written down every word that Slash has said in the whole interview... yet Slash has various reasons for leaving ... jeez, it's like ... you don't leave your girlfriend because she just burns toast do you?!  You leave her if she bakes the sausages onto the frying pan too!

Multiple reasons ... and now he's bringing all the reasons into one book, where there's no one to change his words, to alter for space in a magazine, to sell copies etc.  It's all there.  Ignore everything you've read before, because it's all been edited.  1000% guarantee on that.

Right, so every single reporter that has asked him about why he left GN'R took his quotes out of context.  And, Matt Sorum and Tom Zutuat who said that they couldn't get over their disagreement over the musical direction of the band, they were either misquoted or had their quotes taken out of context so that their statements would be completely misinterpreted too.  That makes so much more sense.

No matter how you cut it, the bottom line is that him saying in his book that he did not leave over differences with the musical direction of the band stands in complete contrast to what he said time and again over the years.  No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali

I think blaming it on musical differences was just a convenience.  At the very least it was just one of many reasons.  The book basically says they didn't see eye to eye on anything in a very long winded way.  Don't know if that qualifies as a lie or not.

It was one of several reasons, I'm sure.  But, he does deny that it was a reason at all in the book, does he not?

Ali

I'm sure he has many reasons for that decision. That's not the problem.

The problem is that he never really explained them. All he kept doing was to keep alluding to the music being the biggest reason.

I'm definitely swayed towards Slash ...

I knew that already.

I think he's an amazing guitar player who hasn't been able to shot his true talent in his current band.

But the things he says......

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »

Ali

Ali

It was one of several reasons, I'm sure.? But, he does deny that it was a reason at all in the book, does he not?

Ali

There had to be musical differences and he definitely glosses over that in the book. ?The point I got from the book was that he would have been more willing to compromise had other aspects of the situation been better. ?But I'm sure many people will assume that's a lie too.

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2007, 06:16:22 PM »

I knew that already.

And you know that I have a lot of respect for both 'sides' of the GnR story.  But this has gotten out of hand.

Seriously.  This forum is in danger of becoming 90% warzone.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »

Ali

Ali

I think blaming it on musical differences was just a convenience.? At the very least it was just one of many reasons.? The book basically says they didn't see eye to eye on anything in a very long winded way.? Don't know if that qualifies as a lie or not.

It was one of several reasons, I'm sure.? But, he does deny that it was a reason at all in the book, does he not?

Ali

I'm sure he has many reasons for that decision. That's not the problem.

The problem is that he never really explained them. All he kept doing was to keep alluding to the music being the biggest reason.

I'm definitely swayed towards Slash ...

I knew that already.

I think he's an amazing guitar player who hasn't been able to shot his true talent in his current band.

But the things he says......

/jarmo

I'm a big VR fan, as much as GnR but I couldn't agree more with you jarmo, which is fucking shopcking when you say " think he's an amazing guitar player who hasn't been able to show his true talent in his current band."

Personally, i think that is because of Scott not wanting the band to sound too much like Guns N Roses, but of course, Guns N Roses doesn't quite sound like they used to either.....not saying that's a bad thing....of course, Slash had a big reason for their sound and whenver he made a guest appearance on someon else's musinc, he always brought that sound with him...which leads me to believe it's a consience decsion not to play like he's capable Embarrassed not sure if that makes sense
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »

How fucking cool is my display pic Smiley

Cheesy

yes  ok  hihi  smoking  Tongue

CSS
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »

Do you want to get banned? Tongue
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »

Why would I get banned ? Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #559 on: October 29, 2007, 06:42:48 PM »

Why would I get banned ? Smiley

Wait, aren't you the guy who said he had enough and left the board crying?

The one with all the Slash gear and cartoons.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: