Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227750 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #520 on: October 29, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »

If you don't like Slash, think he is a liar, then don't buy his book, listen to his music, don't read his interviews-it's pretty simple.

libertad
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »

Wrong. I think I gave him credit when he said he wouldn't talk about GN'R anymore.

But then he changed his mind in the next interview..... Roll Eyes

I also thought it was cool that VR was gonna play less GN'R in their sets when Slash said so.

But then it turned out that was just Slash talking and they added another GN'R song to their set....

/jarmo

Holy shit!!? Has this guy been locked up yet?!? We can't have him roaming the streets!!

hihi

Good thing no one has been asking him why he ate bacon and eggs for breakfast 8 years ago instead of sausage and eggs, the filthy fucking liar would probably say he preferred bacon in one interview and that he just "ran out of sausage" in another interview!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

Wrong. I think I gave him credit when he said he wouldn't talk about GN'R anymore.

I also thought it was cool that VR was gonna play less GN'R in their sets when Slash said so.

But then it turned out that was just Slash talking and they added another GN'R song to their set....

/jarmo

Holy shit!!  Has this guy been locked up yet?!  We can't have him roaming the streets!!

hihi

Good thing no one has been asking him why he ate bacon and eggs for breakfast 8 years ago instead of sausage and eggs, the filthy fucking liar would probably say he preferred bacon in one interview and that he just "ran out of sausage" in another interview!

Great analogy.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2007, 02:14:49 PM »

/jarmo

Holy shit!!? Has this guy been locked up yet?!? We can't have him roaming the streets!!

hihi

Changing your preference on something is a little different than changing your story on what your motivation was behind a decision you made.  Especially when you've been repeating the same component behind your decision for years and then declare it as having nothing to do with your decision.

Ali
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #524 on: October 29, 2007, 02:18:20 PM »

Great analogy. ok

/jarmo

Maybe I could be in the running for the first ever analogy of the year award on HTGTH?

If that didn't somewhat help you realize how stupid and lame and petty all this is, then I'll think of something better next time. ?In the meantime, I think the poster before me had the best idea... don't buy his book, don't read his interviews, don't watch his Guitar Hero commercials, don't buy tickets to his concerts, don't listen to his music (you could rip your GN'R CDs to the comp and mute out the solos) and for fuck's sake, don't spend hours every week wasting your time discussing him! ? Roll Eyes
Ali
Legend

« Reply #525 on: October 29, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »

Great analogy. ok

/jarmo

Maybe I could be in the running for the first ever analogy of the year award on HTGTH?

If that didn't somewhat help you realize how stupid and lame and petty all this is, then I'll think of something better next time. ?In the meantime, I think the poster before me had the best idea... don't buy his book, don't read his interviews, don't watch his Guitar Hero commercials, don't buy tickets to his concerts, don't listen to his music (you could rip your GN'R CDs to the comp and mute out the solos) and for fuck's sake, don't spend hours every week wasting your time discussing him! ? Roll Eyes

I love the guy as a guitar player and will always support him, but I'm amazed at his change in tune as to why he left GN'R.? It's a complete 180 to say time and again that you didn't agree with the direction the band was going in musically, to saying you would've hung in with an industrial record.

Anyone who believes Slash would do an industrial record needs to go back and listen to his catalog of work and see if you hear anything that indicates he would go there, or find any quote from the past to say he would be open to doing industrial-influenced music.  I just never heard anything in his music, nor saw any quotes indicating that he would be open to a more industrial-influenced sound.

Ali
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:35:37 PM by Ali » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 29, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »

so this book is not even recommended for fiction lovers?

I guess in velvet revolver everyone is very equal.

sure, why?

surely, like from Slash to Dave Kushner everyone gets 20 percent songwriting credits equally.

I don't know if Quasimodo was French or not, but that's Igor, Dr. Frankenstein's assistant.

Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus is a novel written by the British author Mary Shelley.

So Mary and Igor and AdZ are all British.  Grin

My bad. But aren't Dr Frankenstein and Igo German?
I'm fairly upset that even you, the gypsy girl doesn't know much about Quasimodo. Cry
the hunchback of notredame by hugo. Great story.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #527 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »

I love the guy as a guitar player and will always support him, but I'm amazed at his change in tune as to why he left GN'R. It's a complete 180 to say time and again that you didn't agree with the direction the band was going in musically, to saying you would've hung in with an industrial record.

Anyone who believes Slash would do an industrial record needs to go back and listen to his catalog of work and see if you hear anything that indicates he would go there, or find any quote from the past to say he would be open to doing industrial-influenced music.

Ali

I haven't read the book, so I'm not going to make any strong statements about how much Slash has lied or changed his story. ?I do know that the break up of one of the biggest bands in history, which featured a number of distinct personalities and substance abusers, is going to take place very publicly. ?I certainly wouldn't pretend to know exactly what went on behind the scenes based off an inteview or an autobiography, and won't take the time to rip apart the character of someone I don't even like based on this. ?Some people seem hellbent on proving that Slash is a liar (also people who haven't read the book this thread is about ?Cheesy) and I think that's petty and lame.

The fact that people find it "Unbelievable!" that an alcoholic who was suicidal and led a life scrutinized by the public has trouble getting the proper events out in interviews is sort of strange. ?IMO, he's an incredible guitar player and his attitude has always been more or less positive... I don't buy that he's been perfectly honest all the time, but some people's attitudes about this are a little..........
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #528 on: October 29, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »

SLASH Schedules New York City In-Store

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will make an in-store appearance tomorrow (Tuesday, October 30) at 7:00 p.m. at Barnes & Noble (4 Astor Place) in New York City.

For more information, call 212-420-1322.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #529 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:29 PM »

Great analogy. ok

/jarmo

If that didn't somewhat help you realize how stupid and lame and petty all this is, then I'll think of something better next time.  In the meantime, I think the poster before me had the best idea... don't buy his book, don't read his interviews, don't watch his Guitar Hero commercials, don't buy tickets to his concerts, don't listen to his music (you could rip your GN'R CDs to the comp and mute out the solos) and for fuck's sake, don't spend hours every week wasting your time discussing him!   Roll Eyes

Oh, but how about my FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

rofl

You really need to think again.

I don't go see VR in concert and I didn't buy Libertad.

I do read stuff online that he says in interviews. I object to many of the things because he says so much stupid shit.

Just because you're part of the "It's ok for Slash to lie because he didn't mean it" brigade, doesn't mean it works for the rest of us.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #530 on: October 29, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »

Slash is scheduled to be on David Letterman this upcoming Tuesday, Oct. 30th, not with VR, but on his own.  As far as I can remember, this is his first sit down conversation on a late night talk show.  I'm sure Letterman will ask him what his intentions were on writing the book, etc.  This should be very interesting.....

cybercurves

Source:  http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/

He will also be on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on Nov. 1st.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #531 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »

Great analogy. ok

/jarmo

I love the guy as a guitar player and will always support him, but I'm amazed at his change in tune as to why he left GN'R. ?It's a complete 180 to say time and again that you didn't agree with the direction the band was going in musically, to saying you would've hung in with an industrial record.

Anyone who believes Slash would do an industrial record needs to go back and listen to his catalog of work and see if you hear anything that indicates he would go there, or find any quote from the past to say he would be open to doing industrial-influenced music. I just never heard anything in his music, nor saw any quotes indicating that he would be open to a more industrial-influenced sound.

Ali

of course not, it's not his taste or in his interest. what he said, however, was that he would hang in there through an industrial album if he had to. not that he loved it and would go about dedicating a part of his recording life outside of GNR to it.
was that your only point there?

^ and Jarmo, please use your freedom of speech, cos I love reading it. it's often quite funny, you know.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #532 on: October 29, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »

Bottom line once again...the book is incredibly entertaining.  Anyone who ever liked GNR should read it.

I find it interesting that if you post anything critical about the current GNR over on that board (I haven't myself but I've witnessed it) you're told to quit hanging on to the past and go somewhere else.  Yet those same people who dislike Slash and don't believe a word he says plastered this thread with all kinds of negative shit.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #533 on: October 29, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »

Bottom line once again...the book is incredibly entertaining.  Anyone who ever liked GNR should read it.

I find it interesting that if you post anything critical about the current GNR over on that board (I haven't myself but I've witnessed it) you're told to quit hanging on to the past and go somewhere else.  Yet those same people who dislike Slash and don't believe a word he says plastered this thread with all kinds of negative shit.

I'm glad you find it interesting that this site is dedicated to GN'R and not VR.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #534 on: October 29, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

I feel bad for anyone who takes one persons side of a story as the Truth.

Im gonna read this book for entertainment and take it all with a grain of salt.

Some stuff will probably be factual, other stuff fabricated but I dont care. Its gonna still be a good read.

Take MOtley Crue's The Dirt

I dont believe all that happened, but its still fun to read it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #535 on: October 29, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Are you saying he was MISQUOTED year after year after year?

Please.  Roll Eyes

How many times have I read you say "I never said ... " etc ....

Don't be so foolish to believe that Slash's interviews have been 100% word for word.  I mean, holy shit, you run a fucking forum and you're questioning it?  Seriously?!

Why is it so hard to believe, yet everyone here seems to hate Mick Wall because apparently he was lying about the stuff Axl told him in the famous interview which got him a line in Get In The Ring?

I don't understand this.  And yes, there's double standards from the VR fans too ... but shit, this topic is crazy.  So many idiots posting here.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #536 on: October 29, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »

Some stuff will probably be factual, other stuff fabricated but I dont care. Its gonna still be a good read.

Take MOtley Crue's The Dirt

I dont believe all that happened, but its still fun to read it.

Are you saying Slash and Nikki have lied to the public?  Personally I don't believe a word of these books is made up.  What I do believe is that they're one side of a persons story.

But when I say I played Half Life 2 last night ... and I say 12pm ... and my girlfriend says it was 1am ... well .... sure, there's perhaps some discrepancy's in time ... but the actual event did take place ... meaning there's two sides to the story ... but the basis of the story remains fact.  So if Slash says that Axl threw two girls out of the room with a force that shocked him, I believe that it happened.  It's hardly something he'd need to make up.  However ... Axl might have said "You sluts" when Slash says Axl said "You bitches" ... details are perhaps not 100%, but the basis of the story ... well, I believe it.  I have no reason not to.

Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Ali
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 29, 2007, 04:56:27 PM »

Great analogy. ok

/jarmo

I love the guy as a guitar player and will always support him, but I'm amazed at his change in tune as to why he left GN'R. ?It's a complete 180 to say time and again that you didn't agree with the direction the band was going in musically, to saying you would've hung in with an industrial record.

Anyone who believes Slash would do an industrial record needs to go back and listen to his catalog of work and see if you hear anything that indicates he would go there, or find any quote from the past to say he would be open to doing industrial-influenced music. I just never heard anything in his music, nor saw any quotes indicating that he would be open to a more industrial-influenced sound.

Ali

of course not, it's not his taste or in his interest. what he said, however, was that he would hang in there through an industrial album if he had to. not that he loved it and would go about dedicating a part of his recording life outside of GNR to it.
was that your only point there?

^ and Jarmo, please use your freedom of speech, cos I love reading it. it's often quite funny, you know.

I think what influences Slash has shown musically over every album he's been a part of making, and I own every one, show no indication that he would do, or hang in through, an industrial record. ?I just don't believe it based off his musical history and every interview where he's discussed disagreeing with Axl over the direction of the band.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #538 on: October 29, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »

I love the guy as a guitar player and will always support him, but I'm amazed at his change in tune as to why he left GN'R. It's a complete 180 to say time and again that you didn't agree with the direction the band was going in musically, to saying you would've hung in with an industrial record.

Anyone who believes Slash would do an industrial record needs to go back and listen to his catalog of work and see if you hear anything that indicates he would go there, or find any quote from the past to say he would be open to doing industrial-influenced music.

Ali

I haven't read the book, so I'm not going to make any strong statements about how much Slash has lied or changed his story. ?I do know that the break up of one of the biggest bands in history, which featured a number of distinct personalities and substance abusers, is going to take place very publicly. ?I certainly wouldn't pretend to know exactly what went on behind the scenes based off an inteview or an autobiography, and won't take the time to rip apart the character of someone I don't even like based on this. ?Some people seem hellbent on proving that Slash is a liar (also people who haven't read the book this thread is about ?Cheesy) and I think that's petty and lame.

The fact that people find it "Unbelievable!" that an alcoholic who was suicidal and led a life scrutinized by the public has trouble getting the proper events out in interviews is sort of strange. ?IMO, he's an incredible guitar player and his attitude has always been more or less positive... I don't buy that he's been perfectly honest all the time, but some people's attitudes about this are a little..........

It's not even about trying to prove Slash is a liar.  It's about looking at what he said in the book, while keeping in mind everything you've read him say about why he left GN'R, and realizing "Hey, this doesn't make sense."

Ali
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #539 on: October 29, 2007, 05:12:29 PM »

It's not even about trying to prove Slash is a liar.  It's about looking at what he said in the book, while keeping in mind everything you've read him say about why he left GN'R, and realizing "Hey, this doesn't make sense."

Ali

What makes less sense is that you're taking a few sentences from interviews and assuming that the interviewer has written down every word that Slash has said in the whole interview... yet Slash has various reasons for leaving ... jeez, it's like ... you don't leave your girlfriend because she just burns toast do you?!  You leave her if she bakes the sausages onto the frying pan too!

Multiple reasons ... and now he's bringing all the reasons into one book, where there's no one to change his words, to alter for space in a magazine, to sell copies etc.  It's all there.  Ignore everything you've read before, because it's all been edited.  1000% guarantee on that.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: