Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227847 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »

That's nice...well I'll let you have the pleasure of retaining your squeky clean image of Axl. I'm not going to get into one of these insane crazy arguments again. Some people talked the same way some of you do around here when they spoke of Charles Manson.

Of course you don't.

You're the guy who can "outwit" us all!  hihi

Ali was just pointing out the simple FACT that we don't know the full story. Yet, you're happy with that and keep pointing fingers. Business as usual...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »

I can only give my take on the book. From what I have read Slash comes across as a genuine guy who hit the jackpot. Then played again and the got the repeater! 

So far in the book he has been totally respectful to Axl and the fans of the band past and present. I think he knows he is a lucky guy. I am 1/4 - 1/2 way through.

Granted, this is Slash's account of events, however give the guy credit. He has taken the opportunity to speak 'openly' about he's life and experience in GN'R. I would welcome similar books from other past members. All other band members have the exact same opportunitiy.

Just my opinion, but some of the rows on this thread are out of control, Without Slash there would probably never been an Axl. And without Axl there would have not been a Slash.  This is common with lots of bands. Do you honestly think there would have been a Ozzy Osbourne it wasnt for Black Sabbath and visa vera...? 

Lets show some respect!

Keep em under your wheels.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #442 on: October 26, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »

That's nice...well I'll let you have the pleasure of retaining your squeky clean image of Axl. I'm not going to get into one of these insane crazy arguments again. Some people talked the same way some of you do around here when they spoke of Charles Manson.

Of course you don't.

You're the guy who can "outwit" us all!? hihi

Ali was just pointing out the simple FACT that we don't know the full story. Yet, you're happy with that and keep pointing fingers. Business as usual...

/jarmo

Thank you, Jarmo.  That is all I was doing.

That story of how Axl got rights to future use of the GN'R name has been told and retold in the press so many times that people just assume it to be fact.  Nevermind that none of the band members have never said exactly how things went done.

I don't have any real image of Axl as a human being, squeaky clean or otherwise because I don't know the man.  I'm just a fan of his as an artist.  THAT was my point.

Ali
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »

they talked about the book on VH1's V-Spot Countdown (it airs tomorrow) before they played the last fight this is what they said:

In his new memoir "Slash," the Guns N' Roses ax man recounts how he shot so much cocaine during a late-'90s Arizona vacation that he had hallucinations of being attacked by creatures like those in "Predator" - "but a fraction of the size, and translucent blue-gray; they were wiry and muscular with the same pointed heads and rubbery dreadlocks."
Too bad it happened while he was in the shower. After punching the glass door until his hands bled - and seeing "an army of [the creatures], holding tiny machine guns and weapons that looked like harpoons" - he ran through the streets of Arizona naked.

sorry if this was already posted, didnt see anything about it in the last 10 pages of the thread.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2007, 01:18:35 PM »

Well VR fans were compared to Nazis, I think insane Axl fans can be compared to Chrles Manson suporters using the same logic. I'm not saying he is anything like him. People shouldn't blindly follow is what I meant.

As for the book I may try and pic it up this weekend, it seems like an interesting read. And yes I will take it as one band members perspective.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »

Well VR fans were compared to Nazis, I think insane Axl fans can be compared to Chrles Manson suporters using the same logic. I'm not saying he is anything like him. People shouldn't blindly follow is what I meant.

As for the book I may try and pic it up this weekend, it seems like an interesting read. And yes I will take it as one band members perspective.

No, "insane Axl fans" cannot be compared to Manson supporters.  The logic is nowhere near the same.  The only insane thing is finding any similarity between the two situations.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »

Well VR fans were compared to Nazis

Get over it already.

You're making assumptions again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »

The basic reasoning is that no matter what was written about Manson he still had his loyal supporters you would defend him to no end. The same is true of some people here with Axl. There are some people who would do this for Slash and VR members as well, but the Axl obsession is somewhat evident on this board.

Anyways I'm not starting a big argument or discussion over it. Say whatever you want, jarmo will think he's right anyways because it's his board. Have a good weekend, I'm going to go pick up Slash's book.  peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #448 on: October 26, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »

The basic reasoning is that no matter what was written about Manson he still had his loyal supporters you would defend him to no end. The same is true of some people here with Axl. There are some people who would do this for Slash and VR members as well, but the Axl obsession is somewhat evident on this board.

Anyways I'm not starting a big argument or discussion over it. Say whatever you want, jarmo will think he's right anyways because it's his board. Have a good weekend, I'm going to go pick up Slash's book.  peace

Imagine that you'd find Axl fans on a GN'R site.

No way!  Shocked

/jarmo

clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: October 26, 2007, 01:59:49 PM »

I think that is something very stupid that someone says that Axl is not a good person or that Slash is a good person. We don?t know them and even if we know them it is very difficult to say is someone is a good person or not. I don?t want to be very philosophical but label a person as good or bad is something really difficult. As a fan I have always considered Axl a very deep person who transmit his feeling in an honest way. Maybe I am a little silly but through his songs and his words I can say that I admire him as an artist and as a person, obviously as any person he must have faults but I am sure that all of us have faults. On the other hand, I don?t know if Slash is ?good? or ?bad? (maybe only god knows that). But my personal opinion is that Slash is a person who tries desperately to seem cool. And sometimes, not only now but back in 1992, I think that he talks bad things about Axl but he tries that people think that despites all the mistakes of Axl he still loves him. I really hate that hypocrite attitude of Slash. I don?t know what Axl feels for Slash but I really admire that Axl don?t adulate Slash trying to please his fans.
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »

Anyways I'm not starting a big argument or discussion over it. Say whatever you want, jarmo will think he's right anyways because it's his board. Have a good weekend, I'm going to go pick up Slash's book.? peace
Difference is that Axl didn't kill people and Manson did..which, for as far as I'm concerned, makes your comparisment pretty ridiculous imo.

There's not a ton of space devoted to Velvet Revolver (at least not compared to the Guns material). ?But he spent a lot more time in Guns obviously. ?Mostly about how VR formed. ?He does talk in depth about the press release Axl gave talking about Slash showing up at his house and the tension it caused with his VR bandmates. ?Very interesting.

Also should add.....for all you who like rare pics there's a bunch of them in this book. ?In particular, a humorous photo of Slash running on stage naked with a sex doll while Soundgarden is playing on the UYI tour.
allright thanks for answering my question. I'm kind of happy that there isn't that much on Velvet Revolver because I can't really be all that arsed about any of that. So i'm definitely going to buy the book.

I think that is something very stupid that someone says that Axl is not a good person or that Slash is a good person. We don?t know them and even if we know them it is very difficult to say is someone is a good person or not. I don?t want to be very philosophical but label a person as good or bad is something really difficult. As a fan I have always considered Axl a very deep person who transmit his feeling in an honest way. Maybe I am a little silly but through his songs and his words I can say that I admire him as an artist and as a person, obviously as any person he must have faults but I am sure that all of us have faults. On the other hand, I don?t know if Slash is ?good? or ?bad? (maybe only god knows that). But my personal opinion is that Slash is a person who tries desperately to seem cool. And sometimes, not only now but back in 1992, I think that he talks bad things about Axl but he tries that people think that despites all the mistakes of Axl he still loves him. I really hate that hypocrite attitude of Slash. I don?t know what Axl feels for Slash but I really admire that Axl don?t adulate Slash trying to please his fans.
I kind of agree. Even though I think that the 'looking cool' part comes pretty natural to him. As far as Slash's opinion towards Axl goes, it's kind of like that with Duff and Matt aswell (most notably with Matt) one moment they call him the best frontman ever and that they feel sorry for things ending the way they did, and the other moment they're bitching about him.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »

Anyways I'm not starting a big argument or discussion over it. Say whatever you want, jarmo will think he's right anyways because it's his board. Have a good weekend, I'm going to go pick up Slash's book.? peace

Your basic reasoning is completely flawed as you are talking about a mass murderer and the singer of a rock and roll band.  Just try and digest that for a second.  A mass murderer and the singer of a rock and roll band.  No similiarities there.  Supporting a singer and his band is not anywhere near supporting a mass murderer and to compare the two situations is frankly beyond idiotic.

Ali
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »

Vr fans compared to Nazis...it's been done before only a few weeks ago by your very own webmaster, so while it is far fetched (I agree) there was an example set for it.

As for Axl never thrashing bandmates....mmm are we refering to the same person that kicked a FAN out of a concert for wearing a Slash shirt. The same person who thrashed Slash on stage once. The same person who dedicated Double Yalkin' Jive to Izzy Stradlin probably about 15 or so time in 1993, the person who was supposed to be his best friend?

This is what I'm talking about when I refer to people blindly following someone and saying their perfect. While I may not have proof about the contract he forced members to sign there are bootlegs and You Tube videos which support this quite well. So while ex-member do occasionally say something bad about Axl, Axl has done it too. And it is wrong on both sides and now us fans are doing it.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »

Vr fans compared to Nazis...it's been done before only a few weeks ago by your very own webmaster, so while it is far fetched (I agree) there was an example set for it.

As for Axl never thrashing bandmates....mmm are we refering to the same person that kicked a FAN out of a concert for wearing a Slash shirt. The same person who thrashed Slash on stage once. The same person who dedicated Double Yalkin' Jive to Izzy Stradlin probably about 15 or so time in 1993, the person who was supposed to be his best friend?

This is what I'm talking about when I refer to people blindly following someone and saying their perfect. While I may not have proof about the contract he forced members to sign there are bootlegs and You Tube videos which support this quite well. So while ex-member do occasionally say something bad about Axl, Axl has done it too. And it is wrong on both sides and now us fans are doing it.

What YouTube videos and bootlegs support the notion that Axl forced Slash and Duff to sign over the rights to future use of the GN'R name?  What video could possibly support that notion unless it was one that was filmed while the contracts were being signed or while Axl allegedly issued his ultimatum?  Where the hell are you getting that from?

There are no such things.  Not at all.

Saying something bad about an ex-member does not support any notion that he coerced them into signing a legal agreement at all.  If that were true, then  what of all the negative things that Slash has said about Axl?

Supporting someone as an ARTIST is not the same as thinking thy are perfect as a person.  Not one in the same, not even close.

Ali
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2007, 02:52:29 PM »

I didn't say there was proof of the contract signing, I said while I may not have proof of that there is proof of some of the comments that Axl has made about ex-members. Some people here complain about the rather tame comments ex GNR members have made about Axl and forget some of the rather harsh comments he has made about them in front of fans.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #455 on: October 26, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »

Vr fans compared to Nazis...

Oh my... I thought I had seen stupid but this is definitely one of the high debuts on the list of stupid things posted here.

You were crying about the fact that I used the phrase "neo nazis" when making an analogy TO DESCRIBE HOW THIS PLACE WORKS.

Read it here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48974.msg1003089#msg1003089

You then used the holocaust as an excuse to win your poor argument.

Which has NOTHING to do with what I was saying.

In closing, no I don't want neo nazis spreading their propaganda here.

Are you offended again?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:17:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: October 26, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

When Axl is angry with his ex-bandmates he expresses that in a direct way. He doesn?t make up his critics. And sure Matt and Duff also behaves that way, they trashes Axl in a very cool way. This is the type of behaviour that I hate of Slash, Duff and Matt.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #457 on: October 26, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »

When Axl is angry with his ex-bandmates he expresses that in a direct way. He doesn?t make up his critics. And sure Matt and Duff also behaves that way, they trashes Axl in a very cool way. This is the type of behaviour that I hate of Slash, Duff and Matt.

I MAKE A MISTAKE BECAUSE I INSERT MY COMMENT IN DARTH MONKEY QUOTE
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #458 on: October 26, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

slash is not alone in suffering from amnesia. apparently his fans are too.
how many times jarmo and ali had to explain the same already cleared things to the same people?

@ali http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=71
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #459 on: October 26, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

And this is supposed to be what?

As far as what the other members have done, they have kept their comments somewhat quiet and respectful and have always stated that they respect Axl and he is a great musician, they never say he's a fuckin asshole and leave it at that.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: