Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227949 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #380 on: October 24, 2007, 05:43:29 AM »

Amazing book, I pre-ordered it off Play.com for release 31st Oct. It arrived yesterday! I couldn't put the book down. Very honest account of he's life. I have to say that without Music this guy would have been dead years ago...

Jarmo knows this, I saw the post on Metalsludge! ok

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:52:59 AM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2007, 05:59:04 AM »

umm.. slash isn't in Guns N' Roses. why did you post this here?   

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #382 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:48 AM »

Why is there a 19 page topic in this forum based upon the making of AFD?

In the book, believe it or not he discusses Guns N' Roses. Hence posting in this section!

No need to be a wise ass. Have a MOD move it if needs be.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:40:35 AM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2007, 06:53:44 AM »

I bet this thread goes to hell quick. Anyway. I look forward to reading it ... the book that is.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2007, 07:22:03 AM »

In the book, believe it or not he discusses Guns N' Roses. Hence posting in this section!
yep, the story is told from the perspective of an ex-member.  hence posting in the ex-members section.

No need to be a wise ass. Have a MOD move it if needs be.
dont worry, I'm pretty sure they will  yes
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2007, 07:28:56 AM »

I noticed some people already got the book.. did you guys order it at Amazon UK?

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2007, 07:38:01 AM »

umm.. slash isn't in Guns N' Roses. why did you post this here?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0

Why be such a jobsworth? Does it really matter for gods sake?

Mike

hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2007, 07:45:07 AM »

It's a great read. There are also some rare pics of GNR.

GNR forever !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2007, 08:24:37 AM »

Jarmo knows this, I saw the post on Metalsludge! ok

If you think I post on Metal Sludge, you need to think again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #389 on: October 24, 2007, 12:46:56 PM »

SLASH DENIES WRITING BOOK FOR MONEY

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist SLASH has hit out at allegations he wrote his new autobiography purely for financial gain. The 42-year-old rocker insists the book has enabled him to tell the truth about his departure from the group, and his turbulent relationship with frontman Axl Rose. He says, "I started to realize all this Guns hype that goes on, all this bulls**t that surrounds the band, it's inaccurate, and most of it isn't even inaccurate, it's just made up. I got fed up with it. (The book will) answer a lot of these questions." Slash - real name Saul Hudson - quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with Rose and now plays with rock supergroup Velvet Revolver.

24/10/2007 16:20

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/slash%20denies%20writing%20book%20for%20money_1047730

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #390 on: October 24, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist SLASH has hit out at allegations he wrote his new autobiography purely for financial gain. The 42-year-old rocker insists the book has enabled him to tell the truth about his departure from the group, and his turbulent relationship with frontman Axl Rose. He says, "I started to realize all this Guns hype that goes on, all this bulls**t that surrounds the band, it's inaccurate, and most of it isn't even inaccurate, it's just made up. I got fed up with it. (The book will) answer a lot of these questions." Slash - real name Saul Hudson - quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with Rose and now plays with rock supergroup Velvet Revolver.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/slash%20denies%20writing%20book%20for%20money_1047730

Damn you're fast.  I just saw that.

I don't doubt that he didn't write it for money.  But, is his answer to those "questions" the only answer, the definitive answer?

Don't think so.

Ali
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #391 on: October 24, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »

I noticed some people already got the book.. did you guys order it at Amazon UK?

Hi man, just to say I picked this up today at Waterstones in the UK.  Haven't started reading it yet (Reckless Road also got here today, and it came first so I'll get through that) but it cost me ?15.  They had three copies left in the shop I got it from.  Looks cool though. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »

Got it today from amazon. Done the first 3 chapters. Pretty good so far peace
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

Has anyone found this at a store (not online) in the States yet?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

How about in Canada? I'm told it'l be in anyday now, Chapters book store has 20 on order.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »

Damn you're fast.? I just saw that.

I don't doubt that he didn't write it for money.? But, is his answer to those "questions" the only answer, the definitive answer?

Don't think so.

Ali

that's his side of the story.....you have problem with that?

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

Damn you're fast.? I just saw that.

I don't doubt that he didn't write it for money.? But, is his answer to those "questions" the only answer, the definitive answer?

Don't think so.

Ali

that's his side of the story.....you have problem with that?

Perhaps you should read my post a little more carefully.  I never said that I have a problem with him having a side to the story.  I have a problem with his side to the story being taken as the definitive story on what happened with GN'R.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2007, 07:05:49 PM »

Yeah, there's no reason to quibble.  Just realize that if you read this book it's from Slash's point of view.  I'm sure if the other members wrote their own books they'd have some of the same accounts, but lots and lots of discrepencies

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2007, 07:49:50 PM »

Does anybody actually have this book yet? I know over here in england the release date got pushed back from the 15th Oct to the 29th Oct. However my dad preordered it from Waterstones and sold it to him on the monday just gone. Im not allowed to read it yet as its a birthday present which is on the 29th but Ive had a look n its definitly the Slash autobiography. Juts wondered if any1 else has got it cos I havent seen it in any stores anywhere else, even the store that I got it from dont have anymore of em till next weel
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »

Does anybody actually have this book yet? I know over here in england the release date got pushed back from the 15th Oct to the 29th Oct. However my dad preordered it from Waterstones and sold it to him on the monday just gone. Im not allowed to read it yet as its a birthday present which is on the 29th but Ive had a look n its definitly the Slash autobiography. Juts wondered if any1 else has got it cos I havent seen it in any stores anywhere else, even the store that I got it from dont have anymore of em till next weel

as i said, i got a copy just today, from waterstones. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: